Chapter 8

The Merger

CHAPTER 8

 

DAHYUN'S POV

 

 

I saw Vernon entering my room. They already transferred me to a proper room now. "Feeling alright?" He asked. "Better than earlier but it still hurts." I replied then the doctor came in with a paper in her hands. "Hello to you two." The doctor greeted us. "So, how’s my wife?" Vernon asked. "Your wife isn't in a really good condition Mr. Choi." The doctor said and continued "The pain she felt earlier is about the baby. You both need to relax and don’t stress yourselves specially you." She looked at me. "You need to take good care of yourself or else you'll lose the baby." Then she continued talking again. "You need to eat fruits and vegetables. I'll advice you to stop working for now because I'm sure that it will stress you. I know both of you. Both of your business will really stress you. We also found out that you are drinking alcohol. Please stop it. It’s one of the reasons of the pain earlier together with the stress." I looked at her. "Doc, How many weeks am I pregnant?" I asked her. "You are 5 weeks pregnant." I looked at Vernon. "Alright Doc. Thank you. Can we go home already?" Vernon asked. "I prefer you going home tomorrow morning. It’s midnight already." She said. "Okay, thank you Doc." We both said then she went out.

 

"5 weeks jerk." I said. "Yeah, I'll tell your dad that you won't work until the baby is alright, healthy and safe." He said. "But what will you tell him? You'll tell him that I'm 5 weeks pregnant and that we are married less than a week and I'm already pregnant?" I said. "Yes." he replied. "No way!" I said. "Yes. I'll tell him that we are already married and that we will have our honey moon." I sighed "But still we can't change the fact that I'm already pregnant." He sat at the chair near my bed. "Whatever. I'll tell him everything I need to tell him and we will go to our so called honeymoon." He said. "How about your company?" He looked at me and wiped away my sweats that is in my forehead by the back of his hands. "We won’t go anywhere. You will just stay at my house. I mean our house." What? I'll be bored there. "But I want to go to Korea!" I protested. "If you'll go there, who will take care of you?" He asked. "I'll bring maids." I replied. "Really? Maids? Like 2 or more maids?" He asked. "Yes!" I replied full of confidence. "You said you don’t want anyone to know that you are pregnant then you will bring your maids which I know that will report everything that happens to you there to your mom even if you will tell them not to." He said. He is right. Mom won't stop pestering them if they won’t share the things that are happening to me. "Okay. I give up." He smiled. "Just stay at the house or if you want, I will let you go to shopping." Shopping? I'll tag along Nayeon with me. "I forgot to tell you. My bestfriend already know that I'm pregnant." I told him. "Okay. You can tag her along with you." I smiled. "Thanks Dude." I told him. "What did you say?" He asked. "Sleep Vernon. You need to rest." Then he leaned his head in the side of my bed then I fell asleep also.

 

We heard my room's door loudly opened and in front of me is my mom and Vernon's mom. "Good Morning?" Vernon and I said. We are eating our breakfast. He went out earlier to buy breakfast. "What happened?" Our mothers asked and went near me. Unfortunately, the doctor came in holding a paper bag. "Good morning everyone. The room seems full huh." The doctor said. "So, Mr. and Mrs., these are the things you need." She said then handed the paper bag Vernon. "Thank you Doc." I said then Vernon spoke. "Is this all 3 times a day doc?" He asked. "The pink one is and the rest will be once a day. The pink one is for your vitamins." she looked at me and continued. "The green one is for the baby, The white one for you to use if it hurts again but once a day only. Remember, take care of yourself and the baby." The doctor said and what the hell. She just mentioned about the baby. The doctor went out then Vernon went near me. We faced our mothers and their faces looks like the are happy and shock at the same time. "Yesterday, you got married." Vernon's mom said. "In civil." My mom added. "Yesterday, I mean midnight, a friend of mine texted me that she saw you here but I wasn't able to read it. I read it early this morning." Vernon's mom said and looked at him. "Earlier, my friend called me and said that she saw you the other night here in the emergency room." My mom said. "Then minutes ago, the doctor talked about a baby." Vernon helped me to stand. "Mom, Madam, We have something to tell you." I nodded and held to his arm. "We are sorry that we didn’t tell you that we planned to get married yesterday." He sighed. "Actually, he didn’t even told me that yesterday was our wedding day." I said. "Here is it." Vernon said and cleared his throat. "Yesterday we got married and." I started then I looked at Vernon to let him continue. "And she’s . . . Dahyun is. . ." I nudged him. "She’s pregnant" Vernon said with a tone of nervousness and worry. My mom hugged me then his mom followed. "Then, why are you here?" My mom asked. "She had this stomach ache yesterday." I nodded. "The doctor said that she should take care of herself and. . ." I smiled. "And the baby" He added. "The Doctor said that I should take care because the baby is on a critical condition." I said. "The stomach ache was caused by the baby." I said. "Because of the baby?" His mom asked. "Yes, It was said there that it’s because of stress." he said. "Did you stress her?" My mom asked and Vernon nodded. Our moms spanked him a couple of times. Vernon shrieked like a little girl.  "Wait!" I yelled. "Stop Stop!" I said again finally, they stopped. "That’s your prize. You can’t stress her again and you can’t do that again to our grandchild. Stop your flings." His mom said seriously. "It's okay mom." I said to his mom. "Rest well dear." she kissed my forehead then my mom hugged me. "I will mom." My mom hugged me again. "We have to go dear, rest well. We will have lunch together." She said and smiled at Vernon's mom. "Can you stay here for a while Mom and Mrs. Pier? I have to settle the bills first." I looked at him. "We have to go together." Vernon's mom protested. "No, let him be. We will just stay here. We can’t let you stay here alone." I smiled. "Thank you Mrs. Dem-" I wasn’t able to finish my sentence because she raised a hand to stop me. "Mom. I said call me mom." I smiled again. "Thank you mom." Then she smiled back at me. "I have to go." Vernon said and left.

 

I noticed my mom and Vernon's get along together. I've been with them for minutes now. "Do you know each other before?" I asked them. They both nodded. "Yes. We have known each other since College." My mom said. "Yeah, I remembered back then you said you won’t get married and be a nun." Vernon's mom teased. "Shut up." My mom replied. "You even said that you won’t wear a white cloth on your wedding!" Vernon's mom said. "Then you will wear sneakers underneath it" Vernon's mom added but before my mom could say a thing, Vernon entered the room. "Oh! You're here." My mom said. "We have to go Dahyun. We have so many things to discuss especially your church wedding." I looked at Vernon with wide eyes. "Mom, we decided to postpone the wedding since she’s pregnant. She won't look good with that baby bump wearing a wedding gown." I threw a pillow to him. "What did you said?" I yelled. "I mean. I'm sure you want to look good on you wedding day. You don’t want to have a baby bump with you. You can't look y and you can't wear the gown you want." Okay, He won this time. I heard our mom's giggling. "We have to go love birds" They both said. Vernon went to my bed's side where I am currently sitting. I'm facing him. I reached for his ears and pinched me. Like earlier, He shrieked like a little girl. I didn’t notice that our moms was still about to close the door when they heard Vernon, automatically, the door opened to its widest. They both laughed seeing our position. Vernon's face on the bed while my hand on his ears. "I'm so happy that someone did that to him." Vernon's mom said. "We have to go." They giggled before they left. I loosened my grip unto Vernon's ear then he sat up nursing his ear. "Why did you do that?" He asked. "Because you put me in this situation!" I shouted. "You know it’s not only my fault." He said. " you" I replied and he smirked.

 

"Can I drive?" I asked him. "No, you won’t follow where I will tell you to go." I sighed. "I'll follow. I just want to drive." I said. "No." I kicked his car's wheel. "Okay. Stop hurting yourself." I smiled.

 

"So, where are we going?" I questioned. “To your condo.” He replied briefly.  "Why there?" I asked. "We will get some of your stuffs and bring it to our house." Oh, I forgot I'll live in one roof whit him. "Are you really sure that I should stay with you? I can live on my own." I said. "You will stay with me. Let’s go?" He asked then I drove to my condo. I enjoyed driving though the guy beside me kept on reminding me that the speed is too high, I should drive slowly and etc. He is really a pain in the .

 

Finally, we reached my unit. "What time is it?" I asked him as he lay on the couch. He looked at his wrist and sighed. "It’s almost 9. I'm late for my meeting." I went near him and kicked him. "Move your Choi! Call your secretary and tell him that you are coming and that you are almost there." I said to him. "But! I can’t leave you here." I pulled him up. "I can go with you." I replied and dragged him out of my unit. He already changed and took a bath earlier so he is already set for a meeting. He even brought a tux. I saw it hanging in the car earlier. "You can wear your tux when we get to your car." I said and pulled him harder. "Slowly, Dahyun. I can walk on my own. No need to drag." He said and I loosened my grip.

 

We are on our way to his office. I still have slim tummy so I still look y and pretty. I'm wearing this below the knee black lacy dress. It looks elegant, vintage, classy but simple at the same time. I didn’t know I have this on my closet. Maybe I bought this in Korea. "You'll stay here downstairs or you will just stay in my office?" He asked. "Well, I don’t want to stay at your office. I don’t want to stay here either." I said. "Then?" he questioned. "Maybe I'll just find something to eat." I said. "My car is here anyway. No need to worry, I can manage." I added.

 

When we reached his office, I saw his secretary standing by the door. "Good Morning Sir and Ms. Pier." He greeted. I smiled at him and entered Vernon's office. Vernon right at my back. "Hey, I don’t really want to stay with you. I can stay at my parent's house. There, plenty of people who aren’t busy can look after me. It’s not like I'm paralyzed or what." I said. "I have to go. Let’s talk about this later." then he walked to the door but faced me again. "Is your wallet or credit card with you?" he asked. "Go away Vernon." I said. Of course my wallet is with me. I'm not like the others.

 

I’m in the mall now. Feeling the freedom though I know that maybe some can recognize me but still I have to enjoy this because months or maybe weeks from I will be known as a Choi not anymore as a Pier and I'll be mother. Months from now I will be walking around with my baby bump not with my slim waist anymore. I'll be fat and ugly. My phone rang. "Hello?" I asked. "Who is this?” I asked again because it was unregistered. "Dahyun, this is Dad. Where are you?" Oh its dad. I miss him. "Hi Dad! How are you? I'm in the mall right now eating what could my eyes capture.” I answered him. "Really? You should stop eating you will look 2 times fatter with your baby bump." Ah, so mom already told him. "I'm sorry dad." I said. "I’d always say before that I won’t get pregnant till I reach 30 and till I could marry but here I am, Pregnant." I continued. "It's okay dear. Actually, I’m really happy that I will have a grandchild soon." He said and I could imagine him smiling by now. "By the way, why did you call?" He cleared his throat. "Well, Vernon called me personally to ask my permission if you could stay with him and if you could file a leave for a year or just months until you give birth or until you are ready." He said. "That bastard. Dad, I don’t want to live with him!" I whined. "But that bastard is your child's father." he stated. "I don’t care." I replied. "I’d rather live in Korea alone than living with him." I proclaimed. "That's an advantage Dominique." He replied. "I’m sorry dad, my date is here." I lied. "You will date someone? Better go home or el--" I ended the call. It's my first time I first ended the call with dad just because of Vernon.

 

"Where is mom?" I asked our maid as I parked my car. "Good Afternoon Miss, she left early this morning." She replied. "She didn’t tell anyone where she is going?" she shook his head and replied. "Yes Miss. She just said that your dad only knows where she’s going." I smiled. "Thank you then." I replied.

 

"Where are you?" Vernon asked. "Home." I replied my phone near the side of the bed and loudspeaker on. "Come here at my office I want to go home. I'm tired. Its 5 pm already." I sighed. "I told you earlier that I won’t live with you right?" I asked. "Yes you did but your mom personally arranged your things." I sighed. "So, my stuffs are already at your house?" I asked. "Yes. You will come here or ill fetch you there?" I sat up. "No. I’ll stay here and you will go home by yourself." I replied and ended the call. 

 

 

My door opened and Vernon's angry and tensed up face greeted me. He didn’t say a word and pulled me out of my room I protested but he is just too strong and it seems like no one can hear and see us. "What are you doing?" I asked as he sat me in the car's seat. "Giving my wife a lift to our house." He said then closed the door and went to the driver's seat. "Shut up" I said. "What’s wrong? Why are you suddenly treating me like this? Your grip was too tight!" I yelled. "Listen, even if the public don’t know that we are married yet, Can you stop dating some other guy? And in addition to that, you are ing pregnant." He stated. "It's because of your ing hormones!" He glanced at me. "It's not! You can’t just say that to me!" He answered so I slapped him in the arm. "Stop yelling!" I said. "I didn’t date someone. It was just an excuse to free myself from dad who is really persistent to convince me to live with you." I confessed. "You don’t really want to live with me?" He asked. "It’s not like that but yes, I don’t want to be left alone in the house, sitting all day, then after weeks or months I’ll be very fat then you won’t even give me glance and maybe you will just bring your s at home." I said. "Okay, let’s make a deal. I'll let you go anywhere you want but in the end of the day, you will go home with me." That’s easy. "It’s a deal then" I replied.

 

I thought he would bring me to our house but he brought me here in a condo. "I'm tired Dahyun, spare me. I know that face, you’re about to whine and ask plenty of things." I looked at him. "How did you know?" I asked. "I want to sleep. Next time Dahyun. Next time." He said and entered a room.

 

Its 7 already. I’m hungry and my stomach really hurts. I entered the room where Vernon entered earlier and saw him sleeping tightly in the bed. I went near and caressed his face. It has been weeks since I got this little obsession of his face. After few more caress, I pinched his nose lightly. I thought he was going to wake up but he didn’t. He just turned to the other side. I lay beside him and nudged my nose unto his back and again, I smelled his perfume. It smells really good. I think I could use this. I sat on the top of the bed and shook his arms. "Vernon" I said. "Vernon!" with that he woke up. He rubbed his eyes and asked. "What?" I smiled "Can you give me perfume?" I asked. "You don’t have? What is your perfume? I can ask someone to buy it for you." He said and pulled the pillow near him and hugged it. "But I want to use your perfume. Yours. The one you own" I pointed him. "But why?" He retorted back. "Because I want to!" I yelled while answering. "That drawer there, it’s there." He said and pointed the drawer on the left side of the room. "Thank you. You can go back to sleep now." I said and sat up while he lay down again. As I reached the drawer I opened it immediately, my eyes glinted and I screamed in delight. "This is amazing!" but he hushed me down.

 

 

l already ate. I saw food in his ref. Now I’m just sitting in the couch. I saw the door open. "Have you eaten?" He asked me and sat at the couch near my feet. "Yeah" I answered and put my feet in his lap. "Not tired anymore?" I asked. "A little. I’m hungry. You want to eat somewhere or go somewhere?" He asked. "No, is your schedule not full tomorrow?" I asked. "I'll have a meeting around 9 then the rest of the day would be free." I smiled. "Good. Go with me tomorrow." He looked at me "Where? Why?" I kicked him but not too hard. "Well, I just want to go shopping." I said. "Why do you need to tag me along?" he asked. "Because it will be hard if I'll carry all the things I bought." He looked at me again "What? You want me to carry all your stuffs? I can lend you my secretary." His secretary? Ill tag him along then. "Okay, bring your secretary with you. I'll bring mine too." I replied to him.