Chapter 7

The Merger

Chapter 7

 

DAHYUN'S POV

 

 

I shifted as I wake up and freed myself from Vernon. "I'm hungry." I said to myself. I went downstairs and saw my phone and I decided to call Nayeon to tell her the news. I don’t know if it’s good or bad. After few rings she answered. "I miss you!" She said. "I missed you too. I have something to tell you but wait what time is it?" I asked her. "It's already 6PM." She answered. That’s why I'm hungry. "Okay I'll start." I said. "I'm already married." She screamed "What?! You didn’t even invite me?" She said "Because it was just civil. I requested it to him and fortunately he agreed." I said and sat on the couch. "But did you parents agreed?" she asked. "Yes they did." I replied. "Okay. But make sure that you will have a grand church wedding." She said. I don’t have plans for that but to stop her pestering me, I replied to her. "Yes, We will." then she replied. "So, are you ready to finally introduce me to your hubby?" She asked. She knows his family very well but I decided not to tell her yet. "I will introduce you to him if you'll meet each other." I said. "What?! Can you just mention his name for me to research about him?" She said. "Okay, I'll give you a clue. Their family owns a lot of buildings" I said. "Buildings? How am I supposed to guess? All the bachelors owns a building." I shrugged. "Okay, I'll tell you another thing here." He inhaled then she stayed silent. "I’m pregnant" I heard something fall which I think her phone. Seconds had passed and I heard her voice. "You are. . . You y- y--" She stuttered. "I’m pregnant" I said again. She started screaming again and I joined her with a high pitched scream. After seconds of screaming I heard Vernon's footsteps going to where I was then he held my hand and checked me. When Nayeon heard me stopped screaming, she stopped also. My phone is still in my ear. "Are you okay? Is there something wrong?" Vernon asked me. "No. Nothing." I replied then he rubbed his eyes. That was adorable! "Do you want to eat something?" He asked me. "Yeahh. Carbonara please. Just heat it, you cooked plenty earlier right?" I asked and he nodded and went to the kitchen. "Is that your husband?" I heard Nayeon. I forgot about her. "Yes." I answered her. "Seems like you get along with each other really well." She stated. "If you only knew." I said. "I gotta go. I'll just tell you the rest okay? Make sure to rest and clear your schedule for us to meet okay? You must not be busy and make sure that you could finish all your work before meeting me." I said to her. "Okay bye" She giggled and she ended the call.

 

“Vernon, can you drive me to my office?” I asked him. We already finished eating and we are both seating in the couch now. “It’s almost 7. You still want to go there?” He said. “Yeah, I have files left there and I need to get them and review them all. It’s somewhat important. I need to go home too.” I replied to him and he sighed. “Speaking of home, when do you want to tell our parents that we are already married?” I shot a glance at him. “Your parents don’t know too?” I asked then he nodded. “Remember, when they said that in our civil wedding they will allow us to plan on our own? They really did it.” He added “Maybe some other time? When I’m ready to admit to them that I’m already pregnant and also when I know how many weeks I’m pregnant.” I said to him.

 

When I went outside the building to wait for a car, Vernon’s car pulled in front of me and he opened the window. “Let’s go?” He asked. I shook my head. “I don’t want to go with you. I said I can ride a cab or comething.” I said when he heard me said it, he went out of his car and opened the door for me. “Get in. I’m on a rush Tzuyu is sick and no one can take care of her.” Tzuyu is sick? Poor girl. “So? Don’t bother me here go and let Tzuyu rest and eat.” I said and closed the car’s door. “I can’t leave my wife alone in the street.” I raised a brow. “ you.” I said to him. “I can’t leave without you.” He said. “Yes you can.” I countered him. “Dahyun, inside now.” He said. “NO!” I bawled at him. Then he pushed me lightly inside the car.

 

“I’ll just check on her. I’ll be really fast then I’ll drive you to your house.” He said as we both walked to Tzuyu’s room. He knocked a couple of times and Silver answered. “Is that you Vernon?” She asked. “Yes” he answered and tangled his fingers to the knob and he held my hand on his other hand. As the door cricked, people inside the room shouted “Happy Birthday Vernon!” That’s what they said and what the hell. I don’t have any idea that today is his birthday I hurt him so many times today. I even made him cook so many foods and didn’t thank him. I think all of his family members are here even their maids and drivers I think are also here. “Thank you.” He said and s his hands to my waist. All of them noticed my presence and all I could see in their eyes is adoration, surprise and joy. Tzuyu immediately went near her parents and brother then whispered something to her parents and to Seungchol. “Ah. Hello Dahyun! I’m Seungchol. Vernon’s younger brother.” I smiled to him. “I’m sorry I didn’t introduce myself. I’m Kim Dahyun . . .” should I say my new surname? I thought. “Choi.” Vernon said. I eyed him and they all went like ‘wooaaahh’. Tzuyu clapped. “Finally, a sister-in-law!” she said joyfully. “When did you get married?” Vernon’s mom asked. “Earlier mom.” Vernon said and I nodded. “I’m so happy for you son!” His mom said and kissed him then she looked at me. “I’m Choi Sulli, you can call me mom. Congratulations and welcome to the family.” She hugged me. How sweet. “Thank you Mrs. Choi.“ she raised her hands to protest and she formed it as an X. “No, It’s mom.” I smiled. “Thank you mo. . .  m. . . mom.” I said and stuttered a little. “Good Evening Dahyun.” Vernon’s father, Minho greeted me. “Good Evening too, Sir.“ I said then Vernon nudged me. I looked at Vernon and he said. “It’s dad.” I raised a brow. “I know he is your dad.” I said to him. They all laughed. "I mean call him dad." Vernon said and I smiled. "Sorry".

 

After my encounter with the Choi family, we all went to the dining table. They were all laughing talking about their own busy life. I gained an information that because Vernon's dad feels like he is old, he let Vernon take over the company also that Vernon is the hardworking but not the contented one, Seunchol is the lazy one but he makes sure that his business goes very well. He is the owner of the N Club. Tzuyu, The one and only girl is still going to college and they all decided to let her go to modelling because they asked me to share my experiences when I was still a model and they were convinced by it. They even said that maybe Tzuyu could also model all the things that can be model like me. Back then, I modelled all almost all the things not only regarding to fashion but also Clinics, Phones, make-up and etc. I was an endorser then but when my parents told me that I should work for our company, I obeyed them and I quit as a model. "Dahyun, if Vernon cheats on you tell us okay?" His mom said. If you only knew mom. "Actually," I started but before I could say my second word, Vernon held my hand then I looked at him. His eyes was like saying that I should not tell them. It's just hours after we got married so maybe I should not tell them yet. "Actually, I would really do that. I will really punch him and let him sleep in the couch or won’t let him near me." I said with a smile. "If you only knew people." Tzuyu said and sat up. "Vernon cheated on her already." We are all shock. Who told her? Then Vernon looked down. "Is that true?" Vernon's dad asked. Vernon and I didn't answer. "It's true dad." Tzuyu said. "I saw Vernon with a brunette the other day. They were really sweet. The girl kept on putting her hands on Vernon's arms." I looked at Vernon but he is still looking down. It's confirmed. It's really true. 5th time. "Hey," I nudged him. He looked at me then nodded. "Vernon, I know you know what you did is wrong. I think you both need to go home now. Vernon and Dahyun, you need to talk." Vernon's dad said. Vernon cleared his throat. "Yeaah, I think we need to go home. Bye everyone. Thank you." He said. "I'm sorry." I said to them. "No dear, it's someone's fault." His mom replied. "Thank you for the dinner and for welcoming here." I said then they all smiled. "Vernon, I'm warning you. Don’t ever do that again." His dad said but Vernon stayed silent. "I think it's time to go." I said. "Again, I'm sorry" then Vernon pulled me out until we reach his car.

 

"So, you did it again." I started as he drive. "I didn't know that Tzuyu was there." He replied. "Still, you know you already have a fiancé." I snorted back. "It's the 5th and I don’t know the ones I didn’t catch or others didn’t caught." He sighed. "If I'll catch you again or others will catch you then they will tell me. Promise, I would really divorce you and won't ever let you near our child." He looked at me. "But I don’t want our child to have a broken family." He said. "Then, Stop your hobby collecting girls especially now that you are already married." I said. "Dahyun, I'm sorry." He said. "I want to rest Vernon. Shut up. You know where I live right?" I asked. "Yeah but its 40 mins drive from here." He said. "Then drive me to my condo." I said then I closed my eyes.

 

"Dahyun we’re here" Vernon woke me up. "Okay" I replied and went inside the condo's building. I was about to push the elevator's button but someone already did. I looked at my right and saw Vernon. I thought he already left. The elevator's door opened. "Where are you going? 217?" I asked him pertaining the room he went the first time I caught him. "No. 214" he said. "You can't enter my unit." He grinned. "I've memorized your code." he said. . This guy is intelligent and wise. He is a CEO after all. "Go home Vernon. It’s almost 10pm" I said. "That's why I'm here because it’s almost 10 and I can’t drive. I’m very tired and sleepy." I grunted.

 

We entered my unit then I directly sat at the couch as I felt the pain in my stomach push it to my limit. "Ugh" I cried. "What's wrong?" He asked as he sat beside me. "My stomach!" he sat up and carried me.

 

On our way to the hospital, I kept on kicking. My stomach really hurts. When we arrived to the hospital, there were nurses and doctors waiting for us. They put me on a stretcher then led me inside a room. I didn’t know where Vernon is right now. I need to think about myself first. The doctor did some test on my body and asked me about what I was feeling then she said that she will just comeback if the results is done.