Chapter 6

The Merger

Chapter 6

 

DAHYUN'S POV

 

 

“And by the power and authority vested upon me, I now pronounce you as a wed husband and wife. Please take good care of each other, be honest to each other and be loyal.” The judge said before congratulating us and saying that we really look good together. He also said that why did we chose to have a civil wedding even if we clearly know that we can afford and have a grand wedding. Vernon didn’t answer him. The whole thing, I was just agreeing and following what does that judge say and what will Vernon say. I didn’t really have the energy to do this wedding even if it’s only civil and just hours ago, I saw the man beside me flirting with another woman. We went out to the building and Vernon drove the car and as I sat next to Vernon and I immediately doze off.

 

“Dahyun, wake up. Where here.” I heard Vernon when I woke up from my nap or from my sleep maybe. The smell of the sea breeze welcomed me as I went out of the car and I think what is in front of me is a big house I mean a big mansion. “What are we doing here? Are we really far from the city?” I asked him. “Actually, we’re not. Come on, let’s go inside.” Then he led the way.

 

When I entered, I fell in love with the things inside the house, the color which is black and white with a mixture of grey, silver and gold, the smell of it and the feeling that when I first layed my eyes on it I already felt how cozy it was. “This is yours?” I asked him with my eyes full of admirations. “Ours” He looked at me with his genuine smile. How can he smile like that when few ours ago he was caught checking out a girl. I shrugged all my thoughts and sat on the couch. “Dahyun, Are you pregnant or something?” He asked seriously. “What the hell!” I yelled and throw a pillow to him. “Alright alright. So what do you want to eat?” My eyes glinted as he said those words. “I want to eat carbonara, lasagna, fried rice and sunny side up and lastly bacon.” He sat beside me and made me face him. He eyed me curiously. “What?” I barked. “Is your period delayed?” I stared at him for seconds but answered him. “Yes, maybe this month is the second. When I was still a teen, I was like this so not a big deal.” I said but he held my hand and looked at me again. “Do you feel like vomiting at times?” I thought for a second. “Yeah, early in the morning, when I can smell s that really smell like s.” He looked down. “Do you crave for something?” I nodded. “Yeah, I crave too not to see your face.” He sighed. “Have you drinking alcoholic drinks?” I nodded again “Yeah but only once I mean twice. In my friend’s party and when you followed me. You even got yourself!” I accused. “Two months ago, did you went to N bar?” N Bar? That was the place where I went after I got into a blind date and found out that it was my cousin who I’m going to date with so we parted ways and I went to N bar and there I drunk and made myself wasted. “Yeah.” I said coolly and wiggled my arms to free from his grip. “Crap.” He said. I remembered that I also kissed a guy on the parking lot that time and found myself the next morning at one of Vernon’s hotel. “Yeah? That’s it?” He asked. “What do you want then?” I asked. “Do you know who the guy you kissed?” He asked. “I was drunk! Of course I don’t know who he was.” I answered him. “From now on don’t drink okay? Don’t stress yourself so much.” He said. “Okay.”  I looked at him as he rummage through my bag and got his phone and called someone. “Hello, Good morning Doc. Can you come here? Yeah yeah.. bring all the things you need my wife is here. Yes. Thank you. Please come here quickly Doc,” then he ended the call. “Who was that?” I asked. “Our family doctor.” With that I shrugged maybe he’s not feeling well.

 

I walked to the kitchen as I smelled the smell of lasagna. “Oh my God! You’re wearing an apron!” I said as I sit on the chair in the dining table. “Is it a big deal?” I went directly to the lasagna and ate it. “ its hot!” He laughed and I eyed him. “It’s so delicious!” He smiled with waht I said. I kept on eating and eating without inviting him. After I ate the yummy lasagna and my favorite carbonara, the doorbell rang and he run towards the outside and welcomed the visitor.

 

“Good morning Mrs. Choi!” The jolly doctor greeted. “To you too Doc.” I said. “So can you proceed to what I asked you earlier?” Vernon asked. “Okay!” The doctor said and led me to the CR and let me change into I think looks like an hospital gown. As I went out of the CR she immediately gave me a kit not just a simple kit but a pregnancy test kit. “What would I do to this?” I asked her. “Just put a drop of your urine there and wait until a double line and or a single line will appear there.” I stomped my feet. “But Doc, I’m not feeling like I’m pregnant and I’m not pregnant either.” She sighed. “That’s why I’m telling you to do that thing for you to know if you are or not.” With that I didn’t respond and went inside the CR again and did what she told me. As I wait, I saw a double line that is starting to appear. “Vernon!” I yelled. “VERNON!” I yelled again. After seconds I heard a knock. “Open the door. What do you want?” He said from the outside and then I sat up and opened the door for him and let him in. “In a Pregnancy test kit, if you can see a single line it means you are not pregnant.” I started and he nodded. “If you can see a double line it means…” He continued what I said. “It means you are pregnant.” He said. With that, I screamed. “WHAT THE ! Who did this to me? I don’t have a boyfriend!” I cried out. “But you have a husband.” He said. “But we just met.” He sighed and helped me went out and enter a huge room. “The doctor already left and gave me a lot of kit for you to use if you want to do it again and you can scream if you want to.” He said and I started screaming. “I can’t do this. I don’t know who is the father of this child. I don’t know why I have it here.” I started crying. He hushed me down. “I need to tell you something.” I nodded and he started. “Remember the night you went to the N club and got really drunk and woke up the next day in one of my hotels?” I nodded. “I was watching you the whole time when you entered the club. Everywhere you went I really followed you even in the cr. You were so drunk. When you went out of the club, you caught me and then you kissed and then you know what is next.” I sat up and punched him! “Why did you do that?!” He sat up too. “I don’t know.” He said in a low voice. I started crying again. I can’t believe this. I can’t believe almost everything. “Back then, did you already know that we are bound to get married?” I asked him. “Of course not. I only know that you are KIm Dahyun. A former model of all the things that can be model. A Princess of a rich clan, part of my brother’s list of girls who are very successful at a very young age and are the best not only because they have achieved a lot but also because of the pretty face and great personality.” I looked down. “What will we do now?” I asked him. “I’m sure I’m the father because I know that you don’t have a boyfriend and most especially you don’t like flings. Since I’m the father and I’m your husband. Nothing is wrong with it.”

 

I'm still inside our room. When I heard a knock I let him in. "Are you still upset?" he asked. "Very." I replied as I lay again in the bed. He sat beside me and sighed. "Nothing is wrong with you carrying my child in your womb." I sat up again and shake my head. "It's not about me being pregnant. It's about what will other people think. We just got married and I’m already pregnant. I'll be fat weeks from now. What if I can’t gain back my figure after I gave birth?" He smiled. "I hate you. I ing hate you." I said to him. "Why? What did I do?" He asked. "You got me pregnant bastard! You don’t even know me that time and I was so drunk! You took advantage of me!" I yelled to him. "I didn’t!" he shouted back. "You did!" I said again. "Stop it okay? I'm sorry if I did but really I didn't." I looked at him. "Come closer." I said to him and with a look in his eyes he came closer to me. "Lay down." I said and again he followed me and after he was settled I lay down too. "I want you to cuddle." I said to him. "With whom?" he asked. "Of course me . Why, you have s at the backyard or near the beach?" I asked him. "No" He said and hugged me. I really felt comfortable and safe at the same time. "You know," I faced him. "You really look good. I mean your genes is just too good." I continued and pinched the bridge of his nose. "Ouch" he said. "It was a complement tard." I said to him but he laughed. "It wasn't about that. It's about the pinching thing." I smiled. "Okay." and I played with his well-shaped thick brows. He giggled a little. "I want stop hating you because of what you did to me but I can’t just stop it. I don’t want to hate you because I don’t want our baby to look like you." He removed his arms around me and whined. "But I look really good!" He said. "So do I." I replied and took his arms and wrapped it to me again and he didn’t budge. "Ugh. I want to stop hating you for now!" I said. "You don’t have choice. Maybe our baby really wants to look like me." He said and hugged me tighter. "Maybe" I replied but before I hugged him back I kicked his feet a couple of times. "I hate you" with that I hugged him again and closed my eyes when I smelled his perfume. That was the best! I love the smell!