Chapter 1

The Merger

Chapter 1

 

DAHYUN’S POV

 

 

The hot rays of sunlight woke me up as they pass through the light colored curtains in my room. I slowly opened my eyes and smiled. Another day to deal with the company and the busy life. Ever since I started working for our company, I didn’t pursue my degree as a doctor. When I was still young I wanted to be a doctor but I guess God didn’t allow it because my calling really is to take the company in my hands and make it better and to let it spread wider around the world and to become a model.

 

I was startled as I heard my phone ringing. “Hello, Good Morning! Dahyun speaking.” I said as answer it “Good morning Miss! I would like to tell you that your father has arrived here in the office earlier and he said that as soon as you wake up, you should get ready and come here because he has something to tell you really important.” My secretary said in a lively tone. “Then why did you call me? Did an angel knock on your head and told you that I was already awake and that you can call me already?” I laugh and with that she joined me. ”Miss, I’ve known you for months now and I think I could already guess whether you’re awake or not.” She said. “Okay, okay. I would get ready now and tell my driver that I’ll drive on my own all the way there ok? I’ll use my car. Bye!” I said to her as I stand up and stretched my body a little and went inside my bathroom.

 

I am now already walking in our staircase going to the garage to get my car and go to office. I was greeted by my gorgeous mother as soon as I stepped outside the mansion. “Good morning Dahyun! Don’t forget to tell your dad that I love him! I love you! God bless baby. By the way you don’t wanna eat?” My mom said. So sweet! I wish my husband and I could be like this, sweet as my parents. “No thanks mom. I’m on a rush. Dad said I should go to office immediately.” I said to her and I saw her expression got nervous and heard her murmur something like ‘oh its today.’ But I just shrug it off as she said something “Okay. Drive safely and just eat in the office okay or just go out and eat somewhere and don’t forget that everything we do is for your future okay? Obey Daddy Jae because it’s for your sake.” Of course I know that my parents would do anything for me and for my future. “I know mom, Bye!” I said as I walk over to my car and start my engine.

 

On my way to the office, I felt my stomach grumble but I decided to ignore it because I’m sure that talking to dad would be fast and I think it’s not that important. Finally, I entered the underground garage in our building in which only important people can park here. Right then and there, someone parked at my favorite parking slot then I pushed my horn but still, the driver of that expensive car didn’t bother and continued what he/she was doing. With that, I went outside my car and knock at the back window of the ‘parking lot slot stealer’s’ car Then someone went out of the car and I froze for seconds. Damn. This guy in front of me is tall, well built, skin color is good, has a fashion sense, looks like a playboy/jerk/ but pretty faced and has a very pretty shades was in front of me. But I need to get a hold of myself. He stole my parking slot. “Hey, what do you think you are doing?” I asked him with an annoyed tone. ”I parked my car here why?” and with that he left me jaw hanged open.

 

After a few minutes I finally found a parking space and immediately parked my car there. I went directly to my dad’s office and knock at the door very fast and not waiting for my dad’s response, I opened the door and sat at the couch at the front of his huge office table. Luckily my dad wasn’t here because if he is, I’m sure he would throw a lot of questions why I did not wait for response and why I looked really pissed.

 

5 minutes of sitting in the couch when finally my dad entered and I immediately sat up and greeted him. ”Good morning dad! I have a request. Can you let me put a name at my favorite parking slot? Some jerk stole it earlier and didn’t even say sorry or something then he went walking away after that. Confirmed he is a jerk.” Then someone spoke behind my dad. “I did not stole it okay? It was just that I was the first who saw it. You even knock hardly at my car’s window.” He said. Oh my! What is he doing here? Why is he with my dad? Why does he look so good? Oh hormones. “Okay, stop it. I want you to sit down now. I have something important to tell you.” Dad said with a smile.

 

Then at the same time ‘Mr. Parking lot slot stealer’ and I bumped into each other because he also choose the chair at the right side of the table which two could sit but we both sat at the center part. “Child, you can sit at the left side and stop the tantrums.” I didn’t realize I was throwing tantrums everywhere before dad said that. Damn this stealer guy. Then Stealer cleared his throat which got both mine and dad’s attention. Aw, sorry stealer. ”Uh, so Dahyun, introduce yourself to him.” Dad said pertaining to Mr. Stealer. ”Uh okay, I’m Kim Dahyun. His daughter and I would like to share that someone stole my parking slot earlier.” I said. Then he spoke “I’m Choi Vernon and I would also like to share that someone almost broke my car’s window earlier.” Then he smirked. , stop that.

 

“I suppose you know each other already and with that I would like to say what your father” he said looking at Vernon. ”.. and I had agreed. So, we agreed to make a merger.” I was shock and I also saw Vernon tense up but at the same time look cool. “Then what am I doing here?” me and Vernon spoke in unison. We looked each other “What?” we spoke together again. “Let me do the talking okay? You both should hush. So yeah, we decided to make a merger and that’s why both of you are here because it involves the two of you.” Dad paused and started speaking again. “Dahyun and Vernon, we happen to decide a merger in a way of a marriage.” Vernon then spoke. “Mr. Kim, I think you should have invited my younger brother here or my father. I can’t decide regarding his future.” He smiled. “But Mr. Choi, It is you who will decide YOUR future and you Dahyun, you don’t have a sister or a brother who is willing to govern the company so you will be the one who will get married maybe a month or two from now.” I’ll get married with someone I don’t really know? “I’ll be what?” again Vernon and I together at the same time. “But I’m not ready yet!” we both said in a high tone. “I think we could make a choir.” We both said again then I immediately reach over him and make his tie tighter which makes him choke a little. Then he straightaway he adjusted his tie then spoke. “You nearly got me lay on a coffin.” He smiled widely. I shrugged and looked at my dad who is smiling genuinely. “You two, you’re funny.” My dad stated. “So that’s it. Thank you for coming here especially you Vernon. By the way I already made both of your schedule a little not too pack for both of you to personally plan about your wedding and spend time knowing each other more and wait, Dahyun, where is your phone? Exchange your phone for both of you to contact each other.” My eyes widened. What is Kim Jaejoong also known as my dad talking about. “But Dad! We can get each other’s number. Why exchanging phones?” my dad sighed. ”Because I know that you won’t call or even answer him.” Then I throw my phone to Spencer’s face and walked out of the office. But I could still hear Spencer saying he’ll give his phone to my secretary and I gave him an ‘ok’ hand sign.

 

I went down to get my car and go for a meal. I’m seriously hungry and I don’t want have people gawking at me that’s why I’ll just go to my favorite 5 star restaurant at a 5 star hotel. As I enter the restaurant, I went directly to a table near the door. Then I noticed that Vernon just entered the restaurant then smiled at me. I ignored him and continued waiting for my meal. After few minutes, I saw someone sat across me. “What are you doing?” I asked. “Probably sitting?” he said in a sarcastic annoying tone. “Shut up. I want to eat peacefully!” I raised my tone. Then some guards and staffs went to our table and asked him. “Is there a problem here sir?” one guard asks. “Sir, do you want us to move you to other table? Do you know her sir? Or do you want us to move her to the other table?” A staff asked then stared at me. “Oh nothing is wrong here. It’s just that my fiancé don’t want to sit and share a table with me. I pissed her earlier.” he smiled. “Is that sir, just call us Sir if you need something you know sir, we have been waiting for you to come here your brother is the one usually coming here.” Then they all left. “What’s with the special treatment?” I look at him. “Well, it’s not okay? Let’s eat then after come with me I have something really important to discuss with you.” With that we both ate in silence.

 

I’m on my way to my car, I heard a phone ringing. Oh snap its Vernon’s. As I saw the screen I instantly recognized my number. ”Hello? What are you doing? I’ll be heading home. I’m not feeling well.” I said without listening to what he was saying. “Okay then.” He answered me then hanged up.

 

I finally woke up from my slumber. Under my sheets is just really comfortable and I noticed that even if it’s raining outside, I could feel warmth. Then I realized that something. I mean someone is lying beside me. As I made myself look at the man beside me I instantly noticed that it was Choi Vernon. Why did he enter my room? Who let him in? I pushed him slightly and back off as I felt that he was very hot. Yes hot. He has a fever I mean a severe one but it’s not too severe but it was high. “Hey, Vernon.” But then he didn’t move. I’ll just let him be and later I’ll wake him up for him to take his medicine.

 

Its already 7 pm now, I entered my room and saw Vernon still lying at my bed. I went closer to him and shook his shoulders then finally after more, he woke up. ”Are you okay now?” He looked up and smiled slightly. “I think.” And with that answer I took his suit out of him and put it at the side table. “Thank you.” He said then I smiled. “Let’s go downstairs my parents aren’t here. They went out for a dinner.” I opened the door for him and again he thanked me. ”Let’s eat okay then you rest after. Can you go home alone or I’ll just drive you home or maybe you will just stay here.” “I don’t think I can still drive my head really hurts can you drive for me?” I eyed him. “Sure.”

 

After eating with him I let him rest for a while and took his medicine. ”CHOI!” I called him loudly. “KIM!” he shouted back in a husky voice and coughed after. “Why did you shout back?” I saw him approaching. “Are you gonna drive me home already?” I put his suit back to him and nodded.

 

On our way to their mansion which like a 40 minute drive from hours he fell asleep. I saw home move a little. ”Thank you. I’m sorry I have disturbed you.” He is awake now. “No, it’s nothing. Get well soon alright?” he coughed slightly and laughed “Thank you again and I will. You can park it here our house is right here so it’s alright ill just walk all the way there.” “No way. I’ll you for me to make sure.” “I walked there and bid our good byes.