Chapter 9

The Merger

CHAPTER 9

 

DAHYUN'S POV

 

 

"Vernon! Wake up!" I yelled to wake him up. "Choi!" I kicked him and he groaned. "What?!" He asked in an annoyed tone. "You let me sleep in the other room and now you’re kicking me." He said. "Whatever. Move now. Its almost 7 you need to get ready." He sat and stretched his body a little. "It seems like you are not pregnant. You don’t have morning sickness." He stated. "So, you want me to suffer?" I asked "No" He denied. "If I’ll get morning sickness, I’ll puke in your face." I smiled and pushed him into the bathroom. "Take a bath now." I said as I closed the bathroom's door.

 

 

I heard a knock from outside and opened it. "Oh! You’re here Dahyun. Good Morning! Where is Vernon?" I was startled when I saw Seungchol. He looks really good today. "He is inside." I replied then awkward silence enveloped us. After seconds, He cleared his throat. "Can I come in?" He asked. I laughed awkwardly. "Sure Sure" then he entered inside the unit. I was getting him a drink when I heard Vernon yelled "Dahyun!" but before I could even answer him, he already went out of the room. "So, that’s how you treat your wife?" Seungchol stated and I could see in Vernon’s face shock but he immediately regained his composure. "Why are you here?" He asked his younger brother. “I was calling you yesterday but you won’t answer. I’m here to inform you that the project we were working is done.” The younger Choi answered and I saw Vernon smiled. “Dad did it?” He asked. “Yes, he said if Dahyun weren’t pregnant, he won’t even allow us to sleep until we can finish it.” I laughed inwardly. “So, we are free for the rest of the day?” Vernon asked Steven again. “Yes, but Mom said that we all should attend Silver’s fashion show later or just show ourselves to her and won’t finish the show.” I remembered today is Nayeon’s launch of her new collection and Silver is one of her models. “We need to go there. They said that Nayeon’s bestfriends… I mean extremely hot bestfriends will be there. Take note; for the first time.” I grinned. Yes WE will be there and Yes WE. We’ve known each other since diaper days. We are 7 in total. After graduating High School, I pursue modelling and I end up working in our company. Nayeon continued college and took a degree regarding fashion. Jungyeon went to China and became a famous writer. Chaeyoung went to Italy and became a chef. Mina and Momo, the twins studied engineering and now they are managing their family’s business. Jihyo was casted as a singer and now she is a solo artist. All of us are well known today but only few know that we are each other’s bestfriends. “Do you know them?” I asked Seungchol but he shook his head “I don’t, that’s why we are going there.”  He said and looked at Vernon. “You? I mean. Vernon and you? He’s married” I stated and raised a brow. He smiled apologetically. “I’m sorry but it’s just we are going to make friends.” I smirked. “Whatever.” I said. “I have to go big bro. Gonna prepare for Nayeon’ bestfriends.” I smiled inwardly. As if you have chance. I thought. All of us don’t go for younger guys. “Bye!” I said. “Bye Dahyun!” He smiled back at me and went out. I faced Vernon. “Let’s just stay here. You can go out later.” I said. “Later? You mean Nayeon’s event?” I nodded.

 

 

“Dahyun...” Vernon started. “Get up now. Remember you said that I’ll inform you that it’s already 11am? Its 12 already” He asked. “Yeah” I replied. I postponed my plan for shopping earlier. I’ll just find time soon. “I prepared the clothes that you will wear later. Just chose one, I prepared two but I would prefer you chose the dark blue.” I added. Earlier, I prepared Black and Dark Blue shade of clothes because Nayeon’s theme is pastel colors so we decided to wear dark colors and I will just add Vernon with the dark color. Nayeon made our dresses and because she is the one who made it, she chose the color black for her which is also her favorite. I will wear emerald green, Jungyeon will wear blue and Chaeyoung will wear silver. We haven’t seen our dresses actually but I have trust in Nayeon. She has been making dresses for us since high school and I believe that she knows our size very well but I’m pregnant, I hope I hadn’t gain that much of weight. “When will you go to the event?” I asked him “Maybe 6 or 7 later.” He replied. “But your mom said you will be early.” I countered him. “I’ll just wait for Seungchol then.” He said. “Alright, wear what I told you okay?” I said. “I’ll just change then drive me to my friends’ house.” I added and went inside the CR to change and to shower.

 

 

“Let’s go” I said when I saw him sitting at the couch. It’s almost 1 now. He is just wearing this plain white shirt and jeans but damn he looks so good. “Okay, I’ll bring that.” He said pointing at the bag I am currently holding and I immediately handed it to him. “Where does your friend lives?” he asked as we walk out of the unit. “I don’t know but she gave me her address.” I replied. “She just moved there?” he asked and I nodded. Without a word we walk to his car. When we reached his car, he opened the door for me and I entered. “When are you planning to tell the public that we are married?” he asked as he started driving. “After our divorce.” I replied coolly. “What the heck.” He said. “Seriously, I don’t know Vernon.” I said. “Let’s not just announce it. Let the public discover it themselves.” He replied. “So, can I know the address now?” He asked. “Here” I said as I shoved my phone to him. “I know this place. My friend lives nearby here. Just blocks I think.” He said. “I want to rest. It’s like I’m dizzy.” I said and leaned on the car’s seat.

 

 

I noticed the car stopped. “We’re here” He declared. “Okay. I have to go. Go home now or go somewhere you want.” I said and went out of the car. I went near the gate and pressed the doorbell when I heard Vernon calling me. “Dahyun! Go home early okay?” He said and I nodded. Whatever, I hope I won’t see you in the event I thought. With the nod he received, He drove off.

 

 

I pressed the doorbell for the second time and after seconds, the gate opened and Junyeong welcomed me. “Dahyun!” “Jun!” we both said at the same time and hugged each other. “I missed you!” I said to her. “I missed you too! Come let’s get inside. Chaeyoung is here already.” Then we walked to the house. As we opened the door, we saw Chaeyoung eating. “Eating again. As always” Junyeong whispered and we laughed which caught Chaeyoung’s attention. “Oh my God! ALlex!” Chaeyoung said. “I missed you!” She added. “Me too” I replied and run to hug her. “How are you guys?” I asked as Chaeyoung and I broke the hug and the three of us sat on the couch. “Well, I’m fine. I’m gonna stay here because dad said that I should make a branch of my restaurant here. I think it would take time.” Chaeyoung said. Chaeyoung’s family owns the 5 star restaurants all over the world. It may be Italian restaurant, Japanese and Korean or Spanish restaurant. “I’ll stay here too. Maybe a month or two. I’m working on a book and I need photos for the book. I’ll be capturing things here.” Junyeong said. I remembered she is also a photographer by heart but she made it as a hobby only. “Really? So, Mina, Momo and Jihyo won’t be here.” I said. “But at least both of you is present.” I added and they nodded. “But it will be better if we are complete.” Chaeyoung added. “Yeah.” Junyeong said. I was about to spoke when the door opened. “Nayeon!” Junyeong and Chaeyoung said and run to hug her. When they broke the hug, I spoke. “You’re late again.” Then Junyeong said something “As usual.” Then all of us laughed, “I’m sorry. I was caught on traffic.” Nayeon said. “It’s alright. We have to get ready now. We will go the event 3pm because it will start 6 or 7 pm later. I don’t want to be late and also, I have to check if everything is alright there. I brought my team for us not to be stressed on how we will look. They will do our make-up and hair.” Nayeon added. “Thank you! We will get ready now. We have our own rooms upstairs. It’s by age.” Junyeong said.

 

 

As we walked to the 4th floor of Junyeong’s house, they were talking about how we were when we weren’t together and I just answer them and nod. My mind is occupied on how would I deal Vernon if I’ll see him at the event. I need to stay away from Vernon and his family’s sight later. We reached the 4th floor and I saw Junyeong entered the 1st room with a Lime Green door which is her favorite color. I saw a door next to her which I presume mine because it’s next to Junyeong’s and I’m the 2nd eldest. The door next to me is colored purple and that is Chaeyoung’s room then next to hers is Momo because its gray then the 5th room is Mina’s because it’s yellow. The 6th door is colored by red and it’s owned by Jihyo and the last door’s color is black which I saw Nayeon entered earlier.

 

 

After an hour of sitting and waiting for Nayeon’s team dolling me up, now they are done. They are just working on the things they used earlier and putting it in the right place. They are very fun to be with and I like my make up today; It’s not too dark and not too light. Honestly, it’s so good. I thank them and bid my goodbye to them. I’m wearing the dress which Nayeon made for us. My dress is emerald green. It is an off shoulder dress and it has a lace which acts as my sleeve just below my elbow. The dress is just inches above my knee and my well-shaped body was emphasized by it. I was impressed that it fits perfectly. I went downstairs and saw my lovely bestfriends waiting for me. “Awe, You guys looks good!” I said to them then they chorused thanking me. “You too.” They said. “But what’s wrong with that dress? It has too much fabric. I’m not used of it. I thought you will wear backless or something.” Chaeyoung said. “Well, she said that I should make a conservative dress for her.” Nayeon said. I shrugged the topic and spoke. “Let’s go guys.” I said. “Let’s drive on our own okay?” Junyeong said. “I didn’t bring a car with me.” I stated. “Just ride with me.” Junyeong said. “Alright then, I suppose you know the venue right? No need to tell you.” Nayeon said and we nodded and started our pace to their cars.