Chapter 10

The Merger

Chapter 10

 

DAHYUN'S POV

 

 

On the way to the event Junyeong and I talked about what happened to our ex boyfriends’ back school days. She told me that she saw one of her ex at Japan with the girl she had an affair with but they were fighting that time. They even got married. “We’re here” She said and we both went out of her car. “It’s still early but fans are already gathering outside when I passed.” I said. “Nayeon is really good. She did not only invite the people in the fashion world and the famous people but also her fans.” I nodded. “Her team said earlier that she chose some of her fans to be her model.” She looked at me. “Really?” she said with disbelief. “What’s taking you so long?!” Chaeyoung yelled ahead of us. “okay coming!” Junyeong and I said.  We entered a room with food inside it. They were eating when I received a text from mom asking me if the baby is alright and I replied to her right after. As I wait for my mom’s reply, A girl knocked and went inside greeting us. “Good Afternoon to all of you here. Someone wants to talk to you Miss Dahyun.” Maybe it’s Tzuyu. “Okay.” I replied and the door let out Tzuyu. When she entered, her eyes lit up. And she screamed. “Hello!” I greeted her to stop her screaming again. “Oh my Dahyun! Do you want to introduce me to your friends?” She asked and I giggled. The forever fangirl. “Of course. So Junyeong and Chaeyoung, This is Tzuyu one of Nayeon’s models” I said. “Tzuyu, these are my friends. Junyeong and Chaeyoung.” Tzuyu went near to Junyeong and Chaeyoung and shook their hands. “It’s my pleasure to meet you.” She started. “The pleasure is ours too.” Junyeong answered her. “Tzuyu you have to change and do your make up now. The event will start an hour or two from now.”  Tzuyu then snapped. “Yeah right! I will talk to you later Dahyun. See you later I have to get ready. Goodbye!” She smiled to all of us in the room and went out. After our encounter with Tzuyu, we continued talking and catching up. Nayeon went out minutes after Tzuyu left for her to check if everything is going well.

 

We heard a knock from the outside. "Good Evening to all of you miss." She greeted us and we smiled at her. "Miss Nayeon said that all of you should get ready because the event will start half an hour from now." She said. "Also Miss Dahyun, she said that Tzuyu wants to talk to you." I nodded. "Alright then, I’ll just follow." I smiled. "You really know that pretty kid huh!" Chaeyoung said. Of course she is my sister-in-law. I thought. "Pretty much" I replied. "I have to go. Get ready alright? If you want to go out, just get out of this cage." I said to them. "Okay" They both said and I went outside. On my way to the private room which the models will stay, I kept on fidgeting and I don’t know why. I opened the door and saw Tzuyu sitting on the couch fixing her shoe. "Hello there!" I greeted her. She was startled a little. "Hi sissy!" She replied. "Why did you call for me?" I asked. "Well, I'm nervous. . . I don’t know what to do. My legs kept on shaking" She stated and I giggled. "Don’t be. Just think that you are practicing. Do you best and most especially, enjoy. It’s your first time right? When I did my first walk on a fashion show, I kicked the barrier which separates the backstage and the stage." I said. "You can do that to." I added. "I’ll try." and she sat up and went at the table. "I have to leave you. I need to get my phone. I'll call my mom." I said and she nodded as a response.

 

 

I've been walking around for minutes now but I haven’t seen the other girls even Nayeon. I saw the room where I met Tzuyu earlier and started my pace going to the room. I heard loud voices from inside but the words they were saying is not that clear so I entered the room. "Actually, we are lacking here but we don’t know where she- Ow! She’s here!" Junyeong said. Then I saw Seungchol, Vernon and Tzuyu faced me. I saw shock on the guy's faces. I went near them but at the back of my friends. I looked at Vernon and saw him mentioned me to go to his side through a nod but I didn’t follow. "So, since we are already complete, I would like to introduce to you, my brothers." Tzuyu said and looked at Seungchol. "So, Yeah. . I'm Steven Choi. Single" He said and looked at Vernon with a grin. "I'm Vernon Choi. The eldest and I am already married" He said then I looked at my hand. I forgot I was wearing this. I'm glad the girls didn’t notice. "They are the Choi. So, it's our time girls." Nayeon said. "I’m Nayeon. I have a commitment with my work." She said then looked at Junyeong. "I'm Junyeong and also committed" she smiled following Nayeon’s antics. "I'm Chaeyoung." She said without adding something. They are now focusing on me now. I cleared my throat. "I'm Kim Dahyun and I'm-" I wasn’t able to finish my sentence because Vernon spoke. "She’s married" He said and I throw daggers at him. "Yeah, she’s married." Junyeong and Chaeyoung said. "SHES WHAT?!" they asked exclaiming then they looked at me and I nodded. "Who’s the husband?" They both asked. "I don’t even know" Nayeon said then the 3 of them looked at me. "WHAT?" I asked in a shaky tone. They went near me not leaving their eyes on me. "She’s even pregnant" Nayeon added. This kid. You'll pay for this. "NO!!" the other two said.

 

"Ugh" I grunted acting like I was hurt. "My stomach! Ughh" I screamed and I saw Vernon immediately at my side and helped me walk to the couch or should I say away from the evils. They will fry me until I’ll spill. "What’s wrong?" Vernon asked. I mentioned him to lean over which he obliged. "Get me out if here. It's your fault" I whispered through his ears. "No way! You didn’t say that you'll come here." He whispered back and sat up. "She’s just acting" He said to my friends. you Vernon. I thought. "We know." The three said. I’m doomed. 

 

Because I’m sitting already it easy for the three to tower me while the Choi siblings was just looking at us. "Are you married?" Junyeong asked and I nodded. At the same time I also showed them the ring. When I looked at Vernon he was grinning. "You're pregnant?" Chaeyoung asked and I nodded again. "That’s why your clothes seems a little longer and more conservative." She added. "Where is he?" but before I could answer them, Vernon's mom came in looking for Silver. "Ow! Everyone is here!" She said as she went near us. "My Tzuyu looks good as always." She said and kissed her sons and daughter then she looked at me and my friends. "Hello girls! I’m their Mommy" She introduced herself and went to hug me. "Are you alright? Is the baby okay already?" She asked me and I looked over her shoulders to see if where is Vernon. He was just standing coolly there. "Why are you so tensed?" she asked again. "Uhmm. . Just a little tired. Someone dragged me to a restaurant earlier." I lied then she stormed to Vernon and scolded him. "I told you not to bring her there! This jerk!" His mom said then I searched for my friends' faces. They looked confused but they didn’t say a word. "You stressed her again!" She said and slapped Vernon in the arm lightly. "It’s okay mom. I’m used to it." When I said that, I heard a gasped from Nayeon, saw a jaw hanged open by Junyeong and a wide opened eyes from Chaeyoung. "He is the guy?!" The 3 of them asked together but no one answered.

 

"DAHYUN!" My bestfiends yelled. "Vernon!" I called him. "What?" He asked. I sighed. "To you three," Vernon started. "I’m her husband" he started. “I’m sorry if I didn’t say it to you.” I said “Hey you! Take good care of her” Chaeyoung said. “Please don’t cheat on her.” Nayeon, This girl really, she knows that he cheated on me already. “Make her happy” Junyeong added and I smiled. “Thank you girls. I thought you will beat him” I said. “For now, we won’t but if the other three will be here, maybe we will.” Junyeong said then we heard Tzuyu screamed. “Oh my! You still have three other friends?” She asked then me then my friends nodded. “Silver, you were called outside earlier. Go now.” Tzuyu’s mom said and Tzuyu went out with Seungchol. “To you girls, Nice meeting you. You guys really looks good.” Tzuyu’s mom added. “So, I have to go out now. I’ll be waiting for my husband. Bye!” She said and we said our goodbyes. Tzuyu’s mom is really cute. “I have to talk to Vernon. Can you guys go out? I’ll meet you at our seat.” I said to my friends and they all nodded. “Make it fast! We need to be there before the event officially starts.” Nayeon said and the three of them moved out.

 

When the door closed leaving me and Vernon alone, I spoke “Why did you do that?” I asked him. “I was just testing you if you will admit it.” He said and sat at the couch. “ YOU!” I said and he just laughed at me. “That sounds-“ He didn’t finish because I threw a bottled water at him. Unfortunately, He was able to catch it on time then he continued laughing. When he realized that I was sitting beside him, he faced me. “Let’s go home together.” he said. “RIGHT NOW?” I asked. “Of course not. I know that you haven’t seen your friends for a long time. I’m allowing you to be with them for a while. Seungchol is here so I have someone to be with during the fashion show. You sit beside them.” He said. “Holy, Thank you!” I said. “I have to go now. My friends are waiting for me” I said and sat up. “Let’s go there together.” He said and sat up then fixed his suit. He opened the door for me. “Where will you sit?” He asked me on our way to the audience area. “Somewhere near the stage.” I replied. I saw Steven calling Vernon then I looked at Vernon.  “I think you will sit there.” I said. “Yeah, your friends aren’t here yet. Just sit with us for a while.” He said then led the way to where their seat is located. When we reached there, I saw my name pasted in the chair right next to Vernon. “We will seat together” He said. “I know” I replied. Our sitting arrangement goes like this. Vernon’s parents – Steven – Vernon – Me – Junyeong – Nayeon – Chaeyoung. It’s facing the stage from left to right. At the back of our seats, I also saw familiar names but I focused more in my position. “We will act natural or what? Let’s just ignore each other.” I said to Vernon. “What? No way!” He replied. “Are you wearing your ring?” I asked him. He showed his hand to me and yes he is. “Let’s take it off. The media might notice.” I said and I was about to remove it when he stopped me. “No one will ever remove a ring” he stated just before my friends arrived. “Let’s sit now the show is about to start” Nayeon said then we all sat down.