Chapter 5

The Merger

Chapter 5

 

DAHYUN'S POV

 

 

Does my phone’s speaker still works? I asked myself as I wait for Vernon to pick up. “Good morning Dahyun.” he greeted. “Shut up. Did you already tell your dad that we will postpone the wedding?” I asked him seriously. “Yes. I just did but he wants something from the both of us.” He cleared his throat. “So what does he needs? As long as I can give it’ll be okay. I guess.” I said. “He wants a grandson.” I almost puked. “He wants that? That's a big no for me but I think you can ask your siblings to give him one right?” He laughed. “No. I can’t ask them that. They are both too young for it.” I rolled my eyes. “So let him wait until they will reach the right age.” I heard silence from the other line then I spoke again. “You need to go with me later to my dad’s office. It will be awkward if I’ll be the only one who will tell him about the wedding and I don’t know how to reason out when it comes to him. Also I’m the woman here and you are the man. You were supposed to be the one who will do the talking and I’ll just be a support.” He chuckled. “Alright. I’ll go there but make sure that I won’t be your dad’s punching bag for the night and also tell him that it’s both our decision.” He said then I ended the call.Until now, I can’t still accept the fact that I caught him cheating on me thrice. Yes, I know that we are really not together but again I’ll say this, even if we are not together, he should have stop having flings because he knows that he has a fiancé and also, he should have respected me. May not be a woman but as his fiancé. That is all that I have to say. That’s all I need.

 

 “I’m outside your office. I’m coming in.” Vernon said through the phone as he open my office door. “Why bother calling me though you are outside my office?” I asked in an annoyed tone. “Because I want to annoy the hell of you.” He answered. “You were late bastard.” I informed him. “I’m not. Let’s go to your dad’s office now before he could start his meeting.” With that we walk towards Dad’s office and me being me, I knocked and instantly opened the door without waiting for a response. I enter the office and look behind my shoulder to check if Vernon has already entered but he is still outside so I went back outside and saw him scanning my phone. “Who is he?” he asked me showing a guy and my face on an image. “Can you ask me about that later? The that we will be dealing is much more important than that picture.” I said and pulled him to dad’s office.

 

“Good afternoon kids.” Dad said. “Good afternoon to you too Mr. Kim.” Vernon greeted him back. “So, what brought both of you here? How’s the preparations for you wedding? Is it going well?” Dad continuously asks. “Uhmm. Actually, that matter brought us here.” I paused. “Dad, We are here to inform you that. .” I paused again then Vernon spoke. ”That we have decided to postpone the church wedding and just go to a civil wedding. Maybe the church wedding would be a year or more from now.” I looked at dad and saw his expression and he looks like relaxed. “Don’t worry kids. Vernon’s father already told me about that earlier and we decided that regarding to your civil wedding, we won’t make preparations on our own. You will decide on how it will go and when it will be but I hope that with in these coming months, It will happen. I don’t want to wait for another year. I want to have an heir already.” With the last words that dad said, I felt cold sweats all over my forehead. “I’m sorry dad but I think I’m still not ready to have a child.”  I told him honestly. “No worries Dahyun, Vernon is here to help you with all the things especially during the pregnancy.” I kicked Vernon’s foot with a look with my face that screams like ‘help me or else you’ll die look’ but he ignored me. “Well, let’s see Mr. Kim. The fate is within Dahyun’s hands.” He smirked and with what he did I voluntarily went out of the room or wait for them to throw me out because as I could see it’s like they are deciding without my point of view.

 

I’m now on the hallway going to the basement. I’ll go to my condo. “Dahyun wait up!” Oh for pit’s sake can he just go home? “Dahyun! If you won’t stop walking, I swear I’ll do something you won’t like.” He threatened me and with that I run. “DAHYUN!” he yelled.

 

As I open my car’s door, I saw Vernon nearing my car. I straightaway sat on the driver’s seat and started the engine. I’m sure luck is really not at my side now because before I could even close my door, He already sat on the seat beside me. Without minding him, I started driving going to my condo. On our way there, He kept on starting a conversation but gets rejected right away.

 

I went out of my car and slammed the door. I walked to the elevator and realized that Vernon is still following me. When we entered the elevator, I pressed the button where my unit’s floor is located. Luckily, the trip until my unit is silent. I sat at a stool near the dining area then seconds after, I went to the fridge to get a beer. Vernon the thick face he is, also went to get a beer and stand behind my back. “What are you angry about? Is it about our wedding or about both of our parents wants to have a grandson/daughter?” He asked but I didn’t answer him. “Dahyun, I’m planning to have our wedding, I mean our civil wedding next week.” He said and sounds a lot serious than earlier and because of what he said in addition of his tone, I replied. “Why next week? Can you move it months from now.” I’m sure he too wants it. “No, I have so many things to do to the company and for us to move on in our life, we need to get married.” He said. “Is it about the merger?” I asked him. “No its not. It’s just that there are hotels and malls that we are planning to build but still we haven’t chose where to build it.” I eyed him. Hardworking or what. “I need to go, and by the way, I already memorized your code.” He said with a laugh and went out. “Remember! Wear something white!” He added before completely vanishing in my view.

 

It’s just 7 am now, and I’m on my way to the office. I can clearly hear Vernon’s phone ringing and I answer it. “Hello, Kim Dahyun speaking.” I heard a soft laugh from the other line. “What a great greeting to start my day. In a good mood are we?” He said. “Whatever. What did you call for?” I heard him a breath. “Get ready, See me at my office around 9.” He said. “Why would I? I don’t want to go to your main building where everyone’s office is located. I don’t wanna see your dad. Especially me in this state.” I said to him. “Nothing is wrong with you and my dad isn’t here. He is in China for a meeting he will be back maybe two weeks from now.” He informed me. “Too much information. Okay I’ll go there but make sure that no one can see me outside your building especially press.” I told him. “Don’t worry, it’s not like it won’t be made known to the public.”

 

I’m calling Vernon right now to inform him that I’m gonna get inside of his building seconds from now but he won’t answer me. It’s my 4th but still he won’t answer. I was about to go to the front desk but someone called me. “Miss Kim, Excuse me. I’m Jun, Vernon’s secretary.” He said and I thought Vernon’s Secretary is a girl. “Hello, to you too Jun. So, where is your boss?” I asked him. “He’s in his office Miss but before you go there miss, you have to wear this.” He told me and handed me a paper bag with a shoes. “Okay, where should I change?” He led me to a room. I went inside and get the dress inside the paper bag. It’s a simple but e very beautiful and elegant white dress as also put the heels to match the dress which is also given to me by Jun. I mean by his boss. “Are you done miss?” Jun asked from outside. “Yes” I answered him and opened the door. “Thank you by the way. But why do I have to wear this?” I questioned him. “I certainly don’t know too miss. Let’s go?” With a nod he led the way to Vernon’s office. As we reached the elevator I asked him. “Is Vernon’s office far? Do we still need to walk after going out of here?” He smiled. “It’s not that much miss.” He answered back. Finally, the elevator opened and Rocco led the way again. “We are here Miss, Just go inside. He is there.” I smiled at him and thanked him.

 

I didn’t knock and opened the door as I reached the knob. The first thing I saw on Vernon’s office is a girl not even wearing an office uniform leaning in front of Vernon’s desk. I can’t even see Vernon here in my place. I walked silently to his table and saw how the blonde flirts with him through eyes. Then I noticed Vernon’s eyes checking out the girl. Well done. A cheat but not really cheating but still he could have thought that he has a fiancé coming which he really requested to go to his office. I wrapped my arms around Vernon and kissed him in the temples. He was alarmed for a second and he straight away sat up and with that he already knew it was me. The girl was shock too but I spoke. “Who is she?” I asked not looking at Vernon. “Uhhm she is a model I met a week ago and she came by to visit.” He said without even stuttering. “Okay.” I replied. “What are you? I mean, why do you know each other?” I stayed silent and I think Vernon realized that he needs to do the talking. “She’s my fiancé. Kim Dahyun.” He said looking at the girl. I saw the girl’s face got nervous. “I need to go, I. . I forgot I have to meet someone.” She went straight to the door maybe because of shame but no more shame can ever compete with what Vernon did to me unless he/she would be also cheated on. I punched Vernon and slapped him twice. “ You.” I said calmly to him. “I’m sorry.” He said. “Stop the sorry thing. You’ve done that 4 times to me so no need.” I said. “We have to go.” He said and dragged me out. I don’t want to waste my saliva reminding him that he did something bad. I know he will just do it again and again. I’m tired. I’m tired of all of these. Tired of spending time with people who aren’t deserving. Tired of pleasing people. Tired of being cheated on and tired of being not respected.

Vernon woke me up and led the way to this building I didn’t check if what it is. We reached to the second floor and entered an office. I saw the name that is on the table. I was shock when I saw it. We are in front of a judge’s table. Of a ing judge’s table. “What are we doing here?” I asked him but he didn’t have the chance to answer me because the judge entered the room. “Shall we begin?” The judge asked. “Alright then.” Vernon said.