Chapter 4

The Merger

CHAPTER 4

 

DAHYUN'S POV

 

 

What a great morning to start my day. Waking up at the perfect time to get dressed and get ready for my 1st  day  in seminar. After doing my morning routines, I still have time to watch TV or do something I want to do. I rummage my bag and found my phone next to Vernon’s so I pulled both out. I saw a text message in Vernon’s phone. I opened it and saw ‘Dahyun, this is Seungchul. Vernon’s younger brother.  Do you happen to know where he is?’ Why is he asking me? Can they ask his secretary? Then my phone let out a sound and there was a text.  “Dahyun, good morning! This is Tzuyu, I got your number from Nayeon. Are you with Vernon?”  Why is his family members asking me about him? We haven’t talk for almost a week now. I didn’t reply and went to the seminar’s place.

 

As I reached the address given to me I was shocked as I saw the name of the hotel. Its Choi’s one of hotel branch in Korea. The seminar was held on one of the hotel’s hall. I was informed that the seminar is only half day and that we have free time to walk around Seoul. I went out of the hall and went to the comfort room but before I could enter, I heard a loud flirty giggle that really caught my attention.

 

 I followed the voice and saw a guy and a girl walking in the corridor then went turn to right. The guy was maybe making jokes because the girl kept on giggling and it doesn’t sound good. When I turned to right I saw them walking again in this long corridor and they didn’t even noticed me following them. It seems like I’m a stalker here but I don’t know why I’m following them. It’s like my feet has her own brain and worked for me. I can see the guy’s left hand s around the girl’s slim waist. It looks like a stick actually. What does this girl eat? She’s wearing this really eye catchy dress. Eye catchy not because it’s nice but because it’s so light it’s like a spotlight. A gold dress with a silver accents. It’s really annoying. 

 

They entered a room which I think is an office because by the looks of it from the outside, it looks like one. After few strides I’m now in the front of the door I’m hesitating to open it but something is pushing me to do it and I think if I won’t open this, I can’t sleep later at night. With my eyes full of curiosity I opened the door with all my might and a picture of the girl with an annoyed look in her face and an eyes wide open by Mr. Hansol Vernon Bastard Jerk Choi is pouring a wine for the girl. What’s wrong with this people they haven’t touched their food yet and they are already pouring wine? Can they eat first? s. I saw Vernon’s hand over pouring the wine at the girl’s glass and it spilled a little which made the girl touch his arm and made Vernon go back to the world. Touch in the arm is a way of flirting or chancing maybe. I’ll pinch that later. I cleared my throat. “Excuse me sir but your siblings have been texting me this morning and asking me about your where abouts and also sir, can you regain your composure you look like a –  nevermind,” I said acting like his secretary. The girl spoke. “Who is she?” Vernon didn’t answer her so I took the opportunity to answer her.  “I’m his secretary. Why?” I spoke. Vernon looked at me then to the girl “I’m sorry but I need to deal with something really important I mean someone. So maybe you can leave?”  The girl’s shock face made me grin. How’s the feeling? I thought. Vernon saw her reaction then spoke again. “Maybe….” seconds has passed. He then spoke again. “.. we can eat some other time?” What the . Inviting a girl to eat with you in front of your fiancé. I’m insulted. Respect please. I thought. With what Vernon said the ’s face lightened and said her gratitude to Vernon for inviting her for another date. Yes she said date and then she kissed him on the cheek before heading out which made Vernon even more surprised. Vernon then looked at me.

 

“Another time huh. Maybe you want me to arrange a dinner date for you. I’m pretty good at that.” I said a seriously but with a smile plastered in my face. He didn’t do anything and sat at the chair in front of the table which they were supposed to eat. He sighed and looked at me. “Dahyun..” As I heard my name came out from his mouth I slapped him. “I’m in a seminar. I don’t want to ruin our company’s name.” Wait it sounds like it’s ours. Like I own what is his. “I mean my company and your company, your family’s name and our name.” I made it clearer then left him without a word.

 

Since the seminar is only half day, after my encounter with Vernon and his I went home directly. I slouch at the couch and scanned my phone. I need someone to talk to but I know that everyone I know is busy with their own lives. So, I decided to take a picture of myself in Vernon’s phone with my precious middle finger. I hope he could see this soon but how I wish I could do it in front of his face and curse the hell out of him.

 

I decided to go out and unwind but as I open my door. Vernon is in front of my house face facing the ground. I mean looking down without any word and yet I know that he already noticed that I’m standing in front of him. I walked pass him but he caught my wrist and stopped me. “We need to talk.” He said in stern voice. “I don’t think so.” I replied to him and tried to start my pace but he is just too strong. “WE HAVE TO TALK.” He said and dragged me inside and tucked me in the couch as he sat in front of me.  “Say what you want to say.” I was about to open my mouth when I saw a kiss mark on his left jaw.  I reached for him and pinched the part where the kiss mark was located.  I think I really pinched it hard because his face went as red as a tomato. “Remember when I told you that I’ll pinch you every time I can see you or see someone flirting with you?” He nodded. “Back to the main thing. Say what you want to say.” Then he went serious again. “Well, you!” At the same time I punched him in the chest but he didn’t protest. “That’s it?” He asked. “All I just want to say is you and you! That you’re a jerk, actually you have it all.” He sighed. “Listen, we are both not getting younger now. I know that you want to settle down too but, really, we have to you know. . . be. . . more mature and ..” I stared at him not planning to say anything. “Yeah be mature.” He ended. “No wedding will be cancelled. I want you to cooperate or else I’ll handle all the things regarding our wedding which I think my decisions and choice won’t match with yours.” He looked at me and waited for my response. “I don’t care about your ing wedding. I told you to search for another bride right? Have you?” I asked him which made his jaw gritted. “By the way, I’ll go home tomorrow. Since you are the owner of the hotel you can tell them and my dad that I died or got sick right?” I asked him and stand up. “Okay. I’ll let it pass for tomorrow. But we will go home together. Our flight might be at the evening or late afternoon. Don’t ever think of going somewhere. You know I can trace you with that background and face that people would recognize Instantly.” Yeah. What’s the point of going away from these s though I know he can trace me wherever I am. I went inside my room and lay at the bed.

 

A loud continuous knock woke me up. “Dahyun! Will you open the door or I’ll crash it?” Vernon’s thunderous voice echoed. “WAIT” I shouted back at him. “WHAT DO YOU WANT?” I shouted as I open the door. “I want you to get ready because our flight will be a t 3 in the afternoon.” He said and eyed me. “What? You woke me up this early to tell me to prepare for OUR flight which is really far from now. Wait, what time is it?” I asked him. “It’s almost 12 so get ready. We need to be two hours early.” I slammed the door closed and he screamed at the same time. I opened again the door and saw him nursing his left hand’s fingers. “You just sandwiched my fingers with the door!” he said with hurt clear in his voice. “I’m sorry okay? You were the one who placed it there! Now move your off here and sit on the couch.” I commanded him which he immediately obeyed. I started preparing myself because I already prepared my belongings yesterday night after I entered my room.

 

“I’m ready. Let’s go.” I said to him as I stepped out of my room. “Don’t want to eat something?” He asked. “Actually, I’m currently eating my pride going out on public place with you.” His eyes widened. “You know, I really need to fix something, something bigtime.” He said staring at me. “Stop the talking and move. Let’s go.” He led the way to a car parked near my house. He is also carrying my bags. He opened the door’s car after he had put my things to the back part of the car. I was quite surprised when he opened the door behind the passenger’s seat. He won’t drive? I asked myself. “Come on. Inside now.” He said then I entered the car and saw a driver then he instantly entered the car and sat beside me. “Why are you not driving?” I looked at him. “I’m tired okay? I’m stressed and I don’t like to deal a whining you while driving.“ He said then leaned at the car’s seat. With that I fell asleep.

 

“Dahyun wake up.” I felt Vernon’s hand on my shoulders. I slowly opened my eyes. “Nap time is over.” I said. Then I stepped out of the car and stretched a little. “We have to board now. The staff of the plane wants us to hop in now and stay there until it’s time to fly.” I raised my brow. “Stop using the cute words with me. It won’t work.” I started walking the he called. “Hey, won’t you help me here? Even just your handbag and other light stuffs?” He asked I went back to him and helped him. We got inside the plane and sat on our seats. Him near the plane’s window. “Are you okay? Want to eat or something?” He asked. Why so suddenly sweet Choi? I thought . “Nothing. I just need you to go away from me.” I said. “You don’t have choice Dahyun. We are getting married for a month and a half from now.” He said. “Wait . . . I assumed that we’re getting married maybe three or two weeks from now. Why next month?” He grinned. “Excited are we? I postponed it because I know that if we will get married weeks from now, you will just punch me the whole ceremony even until we reached our house.” My eyes amplified. “We have a house already? Who told you to plan a house without me?!” I raised my voice a bit at him. “Chill okay? I have been planning that house since I was high school and it’s like its destined for you because I received a call that stated that it was finished I mean fully furnished after I went out of your dad’s office.” I laughed. “Stop being delusional.” He stared at me like I’m somewhat a psycho.

 

The flight was a blur I didn’t want to talk to him and we just sleep and listened to music. “Drop me in my office” I said to him. We are now riding his car and I don’t know where are going so I decided to tell him I’m going to office. “You won’t do anything there. Just go with me and have a dinner with me and help me pick our wedding cake. We need to choose 5 or more.” I screamed. “Why do I have to be associated with planning the wedding?!” I screamed again. “Because it is YOUR wedding. It’s OUR wedding. Wedding is once in a lifetime. We need to prepare for it.” ONCE IN A LIFETIME? “You are rich Vernon you can afford to pay for a wedding how many times you want.” He exhaled. “Dahyun, just shut up okay?” I rolled my eyes. “I have something to tell you.” I had a great idea. “Why don’t we get married with just the both of us? Without people looking but only the people there would be me and you and of course the judge.” I beamed at him. “What? You want a judge? How about a priest?” He asked. “Well, as you know if we chose a priest it would need plenty of people for the wedding to be done. Like bridesmaids, Groomsmen and the like.” I look at him and he look like he doesn’t like my idea. ”Or maybe… We could postpone our wedding in the church.. a year may do.” I said to him. Honestly, I’m not yet ready to get married but for our business’ merger I have to get married.  I really like to get married but I think Mr. Right isn’t here yet. “Okay.” He replied. Oh my God! Did he just say Okay? Did he agree? “What? Okay? I mean Yes? You want us to get married in the law first before in the eyes of God?” I asked him. “Yes. So when do you want to get married?” He asked me. “I don’t know. Anytime you want!” I said to him. He looked at me with disbelief. “Really huh. Okay then. I’ll call you when will be our wedding.” I smiled at him and gave my phone to him. “One last thing!” I shrieked. “On that day, I want to eat homemade food but it’s alright let’s just eat somewhere near the sea alright?” Then I went out of his car without saying goodbye and thanking him for driving me here. What he did to me does not deserve a single thank you.