Part 7 – Childhood Friends (First Cut)

Christmas Surprise~!! \(n_n)/

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Day Three – Do Re Mi Fa Sol La Ti Do (2 days before surprise…)

 

At their fanmeeting…

 

“Clap your hands for Tohoshinki!”

Yunho went up the stage followed by Changmin. But before Jaejoong climbed up the stage, he went to Junsu and whispered something.

“The fruitcake was delicious!”

“Huh? Mwo? What fruitcake?

Jaejoong only smiled at Junsu then ran to the stage while waving to the fans.  Yoochun followed then Junsu.  Junsu, getting curious, patted Yoochun’s shoulder and asked, “Did you eat any fruitcake?”

“Aniyo.” Yoochun answered.

While the two where busy talking, Yunho started saying their greeting.

“Ha dul set…We are Tohoshinki!” The three bowed at the same time while Yoochun and Junsu were surprised then followed.

“Yah! You two! Mwo anin goya?”

"Mianhe, Yunho hyung.” Junsu said while laughing his “Eu kyang kyang” laugh.

“You two do it again in front of the fans!”

“Ha dul set…We are Tohoshinki!” But Junsu bowed late again and the fans all laughed.

====================================================================

 

After their fanmeeting they went to a radio station to promote their new single stand by u…

          

While waiting for the radio interview, Changmin went outside to do a phone call.

~Taisetsu de taisetsu de…sekai de ichiban taisetsu na hito~ (Oppa calling…flashes on Sarah’s phone)

“Yoboseyo?”

“Wow! You’re awake!”

“Oh annyeong Changmin oppa! Waeyo? You missed me huh?”

“Aniyo! Jaejoong hyung kept bugging me about your song.  He wants to know if your ok, singing and playing it on the piano.”

“Weh! You missed me! You missed me!” Sarah teased.

“Urusaii! I’ll hang up on you!”

Sarah did not understand the first word Changmin said since it is a Japanese word, but she understood the words he said next so she became silent.

“Good girl. I’ll meet you later after our radio interview ok?”

“Ne! Do you have a new game?”

“I heard Diablo version 3 will be out next year!”

“Wow really?! I’m sooo excited!”

“Ok, I have to go.  Call you later.”

====================================================================

 

FLASHBACK

Year 1992…

 

Sarah hugged Mr. Shim while looking at Changmin.  Changmin was four years old then and Sarah was two years old.  Seeing Sarah hugging his appa, Changmin got jealous and pulled Sarah out of his father’s arms.  He pushed her away from them and Sarah almost fell to the stairs.  Sarah cried and ran to Mr. Shim.

“Changmin, don’t do that to Sarah.  She’s younger than you so you should protect her, not fight with her ok?” Changmin’s father said as he carried Sarah away from Changmin. Sarah, while on the back of Mr. Shim, looked at Changmin and smiled.     Changmin’s family and Sarah’s family were family friends.  During weekends, Shim Family would go to Sarah’s house and have lunch. And every weekend, Sarah would tease Changmin by getting the attention of his appa from him. That made Changmin angry. And so Sarah and Changmin were enemies when they were young.

 

Year 1996…

 

As they grew older, they slowly forgot what happened before and they became close friends.  They treated each other as Sarah’s older brother and Changmin’s younger sister.  Sarah really likes having an older brother since she’s the youngest among her sisters and she doesn’t have any brothers.  She wanted someone who could protect her.

“We should send our kids to singing lessons this summer.” Sarah’s mother suggested.

“That would be a great idea!” Changmin’s mother agreed.

Changmin and Sarah looked at each other and smiled.  They love singing so they got excited about their singing lessons.  They played the piano and had voice lessons together.

“Changmin oppa! Let’s finish our lessons early so that we can buy a gift for mom. It’s her birthday tomorrow.”

“Ok, what would we give her?”

"There is this beautiful flower vase in the mall. She always mentions it whenever we pass by the store. Let’s buy that!”

“Ne!”

 

The next day…

 

“Saengilchukhamnida!” Changmin and Sarah greeted as they kissed Sarah’s mom.

“Ow, you two are so sweet! Because of that, I’ll make you two a bowl of delicious pat bing soo!”

“Yehey!”

“Sarah sshi! Let’s go!” Changmin said as he dragged Sarah to the room.

“Yah! You two, you’re gonna play again!”

“Ne omma!”

Changmin and Sarah love playing video games, computer games, and all kinds of games.  Hide and seek, treasure hunt, and charades were their favorites.  They also watched cartoons together and even sing the opening and closing songs together.

 

Year 2002…

 

“Changmin is going to audition at SM Entertainment.  Sarah should audition too.” Changmin’s mom said. Sarah was 12 years old and Changmin was 14 years old then.

“Moohlah. Maybe she’ll just continue her studies.” Sarah’s mom said.

Changmin was able to pass the audition.  Meanwhile, Sarah continued her studies.  Changmin became very busy so he wasn’t able to visit at Sarah’s house every weekend.  Instead, Sarah was the one who’s visiting Changmin in SM Entertainment.

 

One day, Sarah went to see Changmin. Luckily, it was Changmin’s break from training so he was able to meet Sarah.

“Changmin oppa! How’s your training?”

“Need to practice more on dancing.”

“I finished the game you gave me! I won and killed the boss!”

“How? What weapon did you use? What level are you anyway?”

As Sarah was about to answer, someone interrupted them.

“Ehem! Changmin ah! Who’s she? Your yoja chingu?” A weird boy asked.

“Aniyo! She’s my sister.”

“Oh, mianhe. I’m Kim Jaejoong.” Jaejoong smiled.

“She’s Sarah.” Changmin said as Sarah bowed to Jaejoong.

“Nice meeting you Sarah! Our teacher is calling us now. We should go back in the training room.” Jaejoong said as he walked to the hallway.

“Oh, ok. I’ll be there in a minute. Sarah, I have to go. Teach me the game next time ok?”

“Ok Changmin oppa, do your best in training! Hwaiting!”

“Hwaiting!” Changmin answered and ran to the room.

 

The next week…

 

Sarah came to SM Entertainment bringing the food Mrs. Shim packed for Changmin.  She tried to peek at the window of the door of the rehearsal room but she can’t reach it.

“Shilejiman? Who are you looking for?” A smiling cute boy said to her.

“Changmin oppa.” Sarah replied shyly.

“Ok, I’ll call him for you.”

The cute boy opened the door and called Changmin out. But Changmin was still having his voice lessons.

“Oh, Changmin ah’s still busy.  Sit here and wait for him ok?”

“Yeh.”

The cute boy was about to enter the room but then he noticed Sarah’s sad face.

“Ok, I’ll wait with you so that you’ll not be alone.”

“Kamsahamnida.”

“I’m Kim Junsu by the way.” The cute boy said as he reached his hand to Sarah.

“I’m Sarah.” Sarah shook Junsu’s hand.

 

Love comes the least you expect it…

 

END OF FLASHBACK

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------