PART 6 – Fruitcake!

Christmas Surprise~!! \(n_n)/

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Day Two – Chef Jaejoong’s Cooking Lessons (3 days before surprise…)

 

~neon nareul weonhae

neon naege bbajyeo

neon naege michyeo

neon naui noye

I got you- Under my skin~

 

The five boys have been practicing the whole day for their next asia tour.

 

“Whew! Now I’m tired!” Junsu exclaimed while sitting on the dance floor.

“And hungry!” Changmin said as he sat beside Junsu.

“We’ll have a 10-minute break then we’ll practice Mirotic one last time. Then we’re done for the day.” Yunho said to the other members.  Hearing this, Jaejoong and Yoochun rested on the bench and discussed about their performance for their new song Colors ~Melody and Harmony~.  Changmin now closed his eyes and rested on Junsu’s shoulders.  Junsu was busy texting Sarah so he did not notice Changmin who was sleeping on his shoulders.

“Jagiya! It’s our break so I was able to text you. How are you? What are you doing?~^^” message sent…

Sarah was currently practicing their song on the grand piano when she received Junsu’s message.

“I’m fine oppa! Just listening to music…don’t be too hard on yourself ok? Get a good rest after you practice. I don’t want oppa to get sick. Medicines are expensive nowadays you know!hahaha…^^”

“I wish you were here.  My shoulders ache, I need a nice massage! ^_^”

“Yah! Am I your servant?? Go massage yourself!”

“I can’t, I’m too tired. T-T And massages are also expensive. So just come here! I’ll buy you gummy bears! v^_^v…”

“Wait! I’ll be there in a sec!~ ^__^” Sarah replied immediately. She loves gummy bears so Junsu always buys her that whenever she is mad or lonely.

“Guys guys! Break is over!” Yunho shouted and played the cd.

“Let’s go!” Junsu, now full of energy, suddenly stood making Changmin fall to the floor.

“Ouch! Hyung!”

“Peace! Eu Kyang Kyang!~^^”

====================================================================

 

“Home at last!” Yoochun said as he went straight to his room.  Meanwhile, Changmin and Junsu went to their laptops and started playing their favorite game.  Jaejoong patted Yunho’s back and led him to his room.

“I’ll leave after Junsu falls asleep.”

“Algessumnida!”

After two hours, Junsu is still awake and playing. 

“Kyaa~ when will this kid sleep?! I need to go.” Jaejoong whispered to Yunho as they sat on the couch, pretending to watch a movie.  Yunho stood up and acted to be sleepy.

*yawns* “It’s getting late. Let’s sleep guys. You two, stop playing and sleep already ok?” Then Yunho went to his room and pretended to sleep. Jaejoong also stood up and then stared at Changmin long enough for the two guys to connect each others thoughts.  Jaejoong pouted at him and pointed Junsu’s room using his head.  Changmin immediately understood what Jaejoong was trying to say.

“Hyung! Let’s sleep! We have an early photoshoot tomorrow.”

“Yih! But it’s too early! Let’s play some more!” Junsu pleaded like a small child.

“Aish! We’ll continue tomorrow ok!” Then Changmin turned off their laptops and carried Junsu to his room. 

The dormitory was silent.  It was about time for Jaejoong to sneak out.  So Jaejoong silently went to Yunho’s room to inform him that he was about to leave. 

“Yunho, I’m going. Cover me up if Junsu wakes up, ok?”

Yunho, who was now sleepy, just nodded back at Jaejoong.

“Hmmm…Does he understand what I just said?” Jaejoong thought to himself while slowly closing the door.  He started his engine and drove off.

“Sarah sshi! I’m on my way. Meet me at the lounge.”

====================================================================

 

 “What took you so long?” Sarah said as Jaejoong approaches her.

“Well! Your Junsu happens to have a lot of energy tonight.  A lot of energy that can wake up the whole village!”

“Ow! I’m sorry oppa. I’ll scold him for you. So where are you taking me?”

“One thing Junsu wants for Christmas is a fruitcake!”

“Huh?”

“I’ll tell you on the way to the grocery.”  Jaejoong laughed as he remembered Junsu’s answer to the fake fan Changmin created just so they can discover what Junsu wants this Christmas.

The two went to the supermarket to buy ingredients.

“You go get the ingredients for your fruitcake and I’ll get my ingredients for the yummy dish I’ll teach you.”

“Araso!”

After 30 mins, Sarah was finished gathering all her ingredients.  Then she saw Jaejoong hiding behind a pile of diapers.

“BOO!” Sarah shouted startling Jaejoong.

"Waah! Why do you guys always surprise me to death?!”

“Wahahaha! Look at your face! It’s priceless! Wahahaha!”

“Stop it! Let’s go!”

But Sarah continued to laugh and with her loud laugh, other shoppers looked at them and started to recognize Hero Jaejoong. Acting fast, Jaejoong covered Sarah’s mouth and dragged her away from the people.

“Is that Hero Jaejoong from Tohoshinki??” The shoppers wondered while pointing at them.

“No, he can’t be Hero. How can he go here and shop?”

Walking as fast as they could, they arrived at the cleaning section of the store where there were not so many people around.

“Oppa! Can’t breathe!”

“Oh mianhe…” Jaejoong said as he removed his hand from Sarah’s mouth.

“Why were you hiding on the pile of diapers anyway?”

“I saw men holding cameras so I hid immediately. Are you done collecting your ingredients? Let’s pay them and leave this shop fast.”

“I totally forgot that Jaejoong oppa is a celebrity now.” Sarah thought to herself as they ran to the counter.  They were really close friends even before Jaejoong’s debut so she forgot that seeing him in the public is a difficult situation for Jaejoong.

Done paying all their groceries, they headed to the car and drove to the resort.

“So, how’s this fruitcake of yours?...Sarah?” Jaejoong looked at Sarah who was now fast asleep beside him.

“You sleepy head! You always sleep.  Yoochun is right. Maybe you did sleep during your piano lessons! Hahaha!”

“Yah! Where’s my gummy bear??”

“She even sleep-talks! What a weird girl? Junsu and Sarah really go well together. They are both weird! Hahaha~”

As they arrive in front of the resort…

“Sarah, we’re here. Wake up.”

“Oh ne…” Sarah answered without opening her eyes.

“Junsu’s here!”

"Where? Where?” Now her eyes were wide open.

“Babo! Hahaha!”

“Ah, oppa! You startled me!”

====================================================================

 

After unpacking all their groceries in the kitchen...

“Jaejoong sensei, what are you going to teach me?”

“Junsu’s favorite, chicken!”

Sarah has no experience in cooking.  All she can cook is rice so she asked the help of the master chef.  Jaejoong started to teach Sarah how to chop vegetables.

“You should cut vegetables in same sizes so that when you boil them, they will become soft at the same time.”

“Algessumnida!”

Sarah grabbed a cucumber and started peeling it.

“Be careful with the knife ok?”

“Ne, sensei!” Sarah answered very lively.  After 15 minutes of peeling a single cucumber, Sarah now chopped it in strips.  The cucumber was so hard that it slipped from Sarah’s hand.  Unfortunately, it hit Jaejoong’s head.

“Aigoo~”

“Ow, I’m sorry sensei. Cheoseonghamnida. Nomu cheoseonghamnida.”

After an hour of chopping, boiling, and jumping ingredients, the chicken was now ready. 

“At last we’re done!”

“Kamsahamnida sensei!”

“Whew! You’re really hard to teach huh.” Jaejoong said as he sat on the couch at the terrace.

“Mianhe, I’m sorry for bothering you Jaejoong oppa. I’m really careless.” Sarah laughed as she leaned to the rails of the terrace.

“The sky is beautiful isn’t it? Oh, there’s Cassiopeia! Look!” But as she turned to Jaejoong, he was now the one fast asleep.

“Oh, I’m sorry Jaejoong oppa. You rest for a while.” Sarah covered his sensei with a blanket. Though a bit careless, Sarah is a very diligent student so she went to the kitchen and practiced the things she learned from her sensei.  She practiced all night until her hands ached.  She’s doing all of these for her love, Junsu. 

“Ah, this fruitcake smells good! Junsu oppa would love this!”

It’s about four in the morning when Sarah finished practicing, cooking and cleaning the kitchen.  She was so sleepy so she did not wait for Jaejoong to wake up.  She sliced a portion of the fruitcake, and placed it in a cute plate.  Then she tip-toed near Jaejoong and placed the plate on the table beside him.  After that, she went to her room and went to sleep.

~aishi tsuzukeru yo…aruki tsuzukeru yo…afureru omoi ga…todoku to shinjite~

(Leader sshi calling…flashes on Jaejoong’s phone).

“Yoboseyo?” Jaejoong answered with a lazy voice.

“Did I wake you up?”

“Ne…” Jaejoong answered while preparing to sleep again.

“YAH! WAKE UP! May I remind you that you’re at Sarah’s place and you’re NOT supposed to sleep there! It’s five in the morning and Junsu is about to wake up so you better FLY in here FAST!” Yunho shouted which totally woke up Jaejoong.

“Aish…” Jaejoong said while putting his phone away from his ear because of Yunho’s loud voice.  Then he looked at his watch and realized that Yunho’s right.

“Aigoo~ I fell asleep! I’ll be there in ten minutes.”

“You should be! Now go!”

Jaejoong stood up and prepared to leave when he noticed the cake on the table.  There was a note on it saying,

 

Jaejoong oppa,

Thanks for everything! Here’s your fruitcake! ^_^

Sarah,

 

Seeing the cake, he stopped for a while then ate the cake. 

“Sarah did this?! Unbelievable!” Jaejoong said while laughing. Then he also left a note saying,

 

Sarah sshi,

     The fruitcake was perfect!

     Are you sure you did not buy it from a store? ;p

Jaejoong,

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------