The Rapunzel.

Unexpected Love [Discontinued until i get the confidence]

Chapter 3

Jessica' POV

 

We entered the cafeteria. Yoona was chatting away with Sooyoung about something food-related that I really didn't care about. Taeyeon was quietly following behind the two shikshins with an annoyed expression, which left me, Tiff and Yuri walking together with silence engulfing the air. I glanced at Yuri. She was looking forward with a smile on her perfectly sculptured face. I looked back infront to be met with Tiff's playful smile. She winked at me before running off to Taeyeon. Since when was she so close to Taeyeon. This is frustrating me for some reason.

 

"So Jessica." Yuri called out for me, breaking me out of my unusual thoughts, "I heard from Tae that you will be in all our classes? We have our Elective Geography next. The one i'm supposed to be sitting with actually changed classes. So I was wondering if you would like to sit with me? You can say no if you want. I'm totally not forcing you in anyway. So don't feel so burderned. And don't worry. Taeyeon and Sooyoung will be sitting right in front of us." Taeyeon will be sitting in front of me? I guess it would give me a good chance to learn about her. So, how do i reply to Yuri? Damn it. My social skills is so horrible.

 

I looked up at Yuri and gave her a nervous smile. "Sure." Yuri looked at me with a little shocked expression. "Really? That's awesome then. Thanks Jessica." It sounded weird to be called Jessica as i've never been called out before. The teachers always call me by Ms. Jung except for the principal and the other students dont particularly call me. If they do, it would be talking to themselves and calling me "The Ice Princess" and all. So i looked back at Yuri who had a smile plastered on her face. "You can call me Sica." I said with the hugest smile i could master. Yuri looked at me for a while with a blank expression. It was as if she was frozen. The suddenly she shook her head and look back at me. Wait is that a blush i see? "Sure...S-Sica. You can call me Yul then. Everyone calls me that." She said with a killer grin. How could that grin possibly look so good on her face? Urgh.

 

"Thank you for that compliment i guess." She said with a wider grin. did i say that out loud?

 

"Yes, yes you did." I facepalmed myself before breaking my eyes away from Yuri. I could practically sense Yuri's grin as she walked beside me. Damn, Jessica, you are such a idiot.

 

I realised that we were already in the cafeteria walking towards the direction of the lunch ladies. "Hey ladies. what would you guys like to have today?" The lunch lady asked with a motherly smile. Damn, my school never had a lunchlady this nice before. I'm officially jealous. I looked to Taeyeon and Tiff. Taeyeon was asking Tiffany what she would like. Tiffany replied with a smile and pointed to a wrapped sandwich. I felt horrible.

 

"Would you like me to get something for you Sica?" I turned towards Yuri and smiled a little. "Thanks. Just get me anything, i'll just go to our seats." I smiled again before trutting back to the lunch table right in the middle of the cafeteria.

 

 

Taeyeon's POV

I looked at Jessica's heavenly figure as she walked back to our table. Did Yuri just call Jessica, Sica? Since when were they that close to call each other by their nicknames? I had this feeling at the pit of my stomach. I guess i am really hungry. I grabbed a plate of pizza together with salad then grabbed Tiffany's sandwich which i handed to her. "Thank you, TaeTae." That surprised me. I looked at Tiffany who was still smiling innocently along with her cresent eyes. "TaeTae?"

 

"Yea, TaeTae. It kind of fits you so i thought that I could call you that. I'm sorry if you dont like it. I mean obviously you dont like it. I'll just go back to calling you Taeyeon. I'll never call you TaeTae anymore. I'm so sorr--" I cut of her adorable rambling."It's totally fine with me. I was just a little surprised, that's all. You can call me that. It's cute anyways."  Tiffany's frown disappeared and was replaced with her eysmile. "I'll call you Ppani then, it's too hard to call you Tiffany. I cant even pronouce the Fany very well." Tiffany chuckled beside me. The chuckle was very ladylike and it grabbed my attention. But somehow, it was different from Jessica's.

 

"--Jessi"

 

"Huh? I'm sorry, what was it that you were saying?"

 

"I said, my dear friend in another world, let's go back to Jessi. She is sitting down all by herself." Tiffany pointed towards Jessica who was looking down at her converses that seems to be really interesting. She looked uncomfortable with all the whispers and stares she was getting from girls and the guys were checking her out. One guy from this clique of football players whistled as he passed by Jessica. Jessica was blushing profusely. I suddenly felt anger for some reason and speed walked my way to Jessica. I sat down opposite Jessica's seat in a round table, and glared at the people who were looking at Jessica. Of course, they all looked away since I looked angry. Truth to be told, I admit that i'm scary when i'm mad. Yul showed me a video of me getting mad at Sooyoung for letting my little cute dog, Ginger, get lost in a park. But damn, I was so worried about my baby Ginger.

 

I looked up to Jessica who seems to be thinking about something as she sits there and stares at me with a confused expression. She didnt even realise that i was looking at her.  

 

"Here you go Sica." Yuri walked towards Jessica with a bowl of pasta and sat herself next to Jessica. "Thanks Yul." There we go with the nicknames again. This is frustrating me so bad. I dont even know why it is frustrating, but it's frustrating. Urgh, i dont even know what i'm saying anymore.

 

"Aw TaeTae. You left me alone all of a sudden. I had to help Yuri bring the drinks over." Tiffany sat beside me with a pout, which looked adorable by the way. "Sorry Ppani-ah." Tiffany just smiled and tried to open her sandwich that was wrapped in plastic so complicatedly. I don't even know why it's wrapped like that. The lunchlady probably had too much time in her hands. I grabbed the sandwich from Tiffany's hands and, using my skills from the two years that I've been here for, i unfolded the wrapping and passed the sandwich back to Tiffany. She was looking at me with an amazed expression that made me chuckle a little. "Thanks TaeTae! For that, i'll give you a bite of my sandwich!" The cresent-eyed girl brought her sandwich up to my mouth. Hesitating a little, I thought it wouldn't hurt to take a bite, so I did. Oh my god, it tasted heavenly. I looked back to my pizza and contemplated whether i should switch mine with a sandwich until I sensed a gaze from someone. I looked in front and saw Jessica looking at me. She looked a little in pain? I lifted an eyebrow at her as she looked back to Yuri.

 

I sighed before shrugging it off. I looked at my pizza again before looking at Tiffany's god-created sandwich. I dont think i can retunr this pizza back in exchange to the sandwich. It's just unhygenic. Should i throw my pizza away and buy a new sandwich? I my non-existent beard. I always had wished to have a beard. I mean doesn't it sound cool? And you can even it. Anyways i can't buy the sandwich. I need my money to buy things for my older brother's party tomorrow. Plus, beer isn't that cheap at all. Speaking of the party, "Hey guys, would you guys like to go to a party tomorrow? It's my brother's birthday and he is going to throw a party and all. My parents and younger sister won't be home so it's all like going to be drunk teenagers. It'll be fun." I looked at each of their faces, stopping at Jessica. I really hope she would come. I mean I hope all three of them would come.

 

"Sure why not. Yoona loves to party and i think it would be fun. I dont know about Jessi though. But, i'll drag her out if i have to." Tiffany said while smiling at Jessica and holding up a cucumber that fell from her sandwich. As soon as Jessica saw the cucumber, her face contorted as she threw a piece of mushroom at Tiffany. Tiffany just laughed. "Fine, I'll go." Jessica grumbled. Yuri turned towards Jessica, "Don't worry about feeling lonely, I'll probably be by your side since I don't really drink much. Sooyoung and Taeyeon definitely drink lots so stay away from them, okay?" I frowned when i heard "I'll probably be by your side". It kind of disturbed me. I guess it was because i wasn't used to Yuri saying things like that. I have never seen her flirt before. She is the type that will stick to one girl. That is what i like about her. Although for Sooyoung, I've never seen her with anyone other than her food. It was pretty weird actually.

 

"That's great then. I'll send you guys the address later then. It will be tomorrow night so wear something comfortable, okay?" They all just nodded. "Oh right, can you guys come over earlier to help me with the preparations? Because i swear to god i won't be able to do it by myself." I saw Tiffany smirk at Jessica for some reason before looking at me and eagerly smiling. Huh. What was that for? 

 

The bell rang signalling the end of our lunch. Tiffany walked beside me as I led the others to our Elective Geography lesson. We entered and no one was there, probably because the second bell hasn't rung yet. I was figuring out where I should put Tiffany, Yoona and Jessica to sit when Yuri spoke. "I sit over there behind Taeyeon and Sooyoung." She said as she pointed to our seats. "My seatmate actually switched classes so i have no one beside me. Jessica agreed to sit beside me so Tiffany and Yoona can sit right behind us since they are empty seats." Tiffany smiled while Yoona had an unreadable expression. Honestly, I had a feeling I was going to hate this.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

And I was so right when i said that I was going to hate this. I couldn't concentrate throughout geography at all. The two happy-go-lucky girls behind me kept giggling. Yuri and Yoona keep pulling off gags that made Tiffany and Jessica laugh a lot. Of course their laughter was heavenly, but i felt really envious. Soon after, Sooyoung turned back and played along with them which made them whisper-laugh harder. The old man teaching us couldn't even hear them eventhough he was wearing his hearing aid. Honestly I wish he could make them shut up. I felt really jealous probably because I know I can never make them laugh. Christ, I'm the worst at jokes, and I'm not even kidding.

 

The other lessons passed really quickly. Most of the classes had me, Sooyoung and Yuri sitting together as usual leaving Jessica, Tiffany and Yoona to seating together at the back. I was honestly relieved that Yuri was finally away from Jessica. I don't even know why but the feeling was nice, of course until Yuri started pulling off faces with her back turned around to face the back. It was really obvious that she was trying to make Jessica laugh, and it was working. I sighed again. I've been sighing a lot today. 

 

The last bell rung. Finally. I smiled to myself as I packed my maths things into my bag and slung my bag at one shoulder as I waited for the others outside. "Bye Taeyeon." Many students greeted me as they passed by and I responded to them with a smile on my face. I guess it feels a little nice to be known and all. I like people smiling at me. It feels kind of good, i guess? "Hey, Miss Popular." I turned around to see the person i least expected. Jessica stood there, looking perfect. I never really had a chance to really look at her, so i did. She was wearing this black and white striped t-shirt with fitting jeans that showed of her really y legs. She had a flannel shirt tied around her waist and she wore black and white converses. Her bag slung on one shoulder as she ran through her hair with her slender and soft-looking fingers.Her beautiful brown eyes stared back at me. 

 

"Since when were you so close to Tiffany?" Her question brought me back to reality. I just stared at her, not really knowing what to say. So she continued, "Tiffany is one hell of a friendly girl. But I've never seen her trust someone this easily before. Honestly, I'm a little jealous." She said as she walked away. I looked at her confused. What is she jealous of? Yuri came out from the classroom and spotted Jessica's retreating figure. She sighed. "Why is she so hard..." I heard her mumble. She then looked at me and plastered a smile on her face. "Let's go somewhere today, Taeng. Soo, Tiffany and Yoona wanted to talk more but i felt like doing something. I feel like doing anything at all that would make me push my thoughts away. It's been bothering me a lot for some reason today..." 

 

Before I could question her, a loud shikshin came through the door, "Hello. It's me. I was wondering if after all these years you'd like to meet," She starting singing slash screaming as she walked towards me and Yuri with a fake emotional expression. I rolled my eyes and Yuri pulled on Soo's ears. "Could you shut up for once? Everyone is staring, you out-of-tune gorilla."

 

"Hey I ain't no gorilla and my ear hurts! Let go, you piece of dark chocolate!"

 

"So you admit you were out-of-tune?"

 

"So you admit you are a piece of dark chocolate?"

 

I pushed them away from each other before they could fight more. Not that i really care since they will be fine again the next day, but I didn't feel like hearing them bicker. "That's enough. I have to go shopping now for my brother's party. Urgh there's too many things to buy. Oh right, where is Tiffany and Yoona?" I turned over to Sooyoung and she explained that they are supposed to go to their new dorm to unpack. I just nodded. "Speaking about the party, aren't you supposed to send them your address?" Sooyoung asked with a raised eyebrow.

 

Damn it. I forgot to ask for their numbers. I mentally slapped myself. I felt really stupid. There is no way to finding them since tomorrow is a Saturday. How am I even supposed to give them the address. I sighed. These two probably don't have their numbers too. I don't think they remembered to ask for their numbers. But I asked anyways, totally not expecting anything, but just asking for the sake of asking. "By any unknown chance, do you guys have their numbers?" 

 

"Nope." Sooyoung casually said while looking at her nails that I painted for her. I was totally expecting that answer. I wasted my breath asking. Now I probably need to go to the principal to ask but she will probably ask me why I am asking for it, and i will probably need to explai--

 

"Oh. I have Jessica's number. I can send the address to her and tell her to tell the others." Yuri said with a shrug. Sooyoung looked up from her nails with wide eyes. "You have Jessica Jung's number? What the hell Kwon Yul! You move really quickly." Sooyoung patted Yuri's cheek that was turning red really fast. I frowned at that. "N-no it's nothing of those sorts... I would just like to be friends with her. I feel happy when i am around her, and that's all there is to it."

 

"Yea sure. Whatever you say, Miss In-a-stage-of-denial." Yuri glared at Soo.

 

"Yea okay whatever." I said since I was getting annoyed. With all the talking of course. "Just give me Jessica's number and I'll message her."

 

"Isn't it easier if I send it to her?"

 

"Um. I have um... something important to tell her... yea. Something really important that I um need her to do for me."

 

"Oh okay then. I'll send it to you." Yuri replied with a sure-why-not expression.

 

When I had gotten her number, i quickly saved it. When I had to write her name, I wanted it to be different. So i wrote down a different name for her contact. The Princess on the tall tower. She doesn't want to be open and social so she keeps to herself up in the tower, waiting for her Prince charming to break down her walls and save her.

 

Name:

Rapunzel

 


 

So guysss, how was this chapter? And where are you all from? Just curious. I'm a fifteen year old from Singapore with alot of time in my hands. XD Hoping Phantasia comes to singapore ;-; I WANT TO SEE SOSHI IN REAL LIFE. Honestly i want to see Jessica too, but i missed both my chance when she came to Singapore lol.

Anyways, did you guys enjoy this chapter? Leave a comment. Honestly i feel so happy when someone subcribes lol.

 

THANK YOU KimNo-Rae FOR UPVOTING ILY <3

QOTD: Who do you ship Jessica with in this story and in real life?

xoxo Lisha <3