Chapter 7

He's Mine!!
~CHAPTER 7~
Dialog: Shida Mirai | Yamada Ryosuke | Yamazaki Kento | Yamamoto Maika
 


“What's wrong with Kento?! There's no need to slap my hand like that!” Maika just complained about Kento behavior.
After Kento left, the three of us went a nearest café for some drink. And also to hear Maika’s…

“NEE!! DON’T YOU THINK HE WAS OVERREACTING?!”

“I… suppose…”

“Hey… Ryosuke. Say something… hey…” I whispered to Ryosuke. I do not know how to handle this girl. But she kept on talking.

“You guys see that right? It is like a tiger that about to eat his prey.”

So scary. If I saw Kento with that expression again, I’ll definitely have cried.

“Maika…Stop talking about Kento.” Ryosuke to the rescue. But again, why was he talking like that?

“AAAAAHHHHH…Could it be…. Mirai and Kento….???!!!!”

Maika suddenly talked with a very polite manner, “You Ryosuke, you should tell me sooner! After saying all those bad things about Kento.”

I tried my best to explain the real situation to Maika. So she will understand it.

“Sou... it’s like that.”

“Have I said something that I shouldn’t have? Ahhh Mirai…There is nothing going on between me and Kento. So please do not worry. Mirai ganbatte!”

Yamamoto Maika. A lively open, a kind personality, strong heart…

I always wanted to be like that, since long time ago…

“Okay, you guys, if you have some time, don't hesitate to call me. I am really bored. Don’t forget to say hi to Kento…umm…never mind, better not to. Bye!”

“Mirai… let’s go home.”

“Matte…Ryosuke… could you tell me how Maika and Kento broke up?”

“They already broke up, and there’s nothing between them anymore. So I think it is better that you don’t know.”
Why Ryosuke do not want to tell me?? Ugh…

“Mirai…”

“What exactly that you like about Kento?”

“Huh…why do you ask that question so suddenly?”

“Um…because I don’t have anything else to ask so…-”

“arr…because…during my high school life…”

“Yes?”

“People do not treat me nicely, I am quite a shut in…and now I am finally normal. Not only the person that I like, but also my classmates… I was always treated like an idiot. So it is not a really good memory to tell about…”

“Was that called being bullied?”

“That’s what normal people called.”

“So…does Kento know all about this?”

“Well…sort of. No one ever cares about me or even noticed me until now…But Kento notices things about me…”

“I see…”

I don’t care anymore about the past. But when I am telling this, will it hurt Ryosuke?




----------------------------- -----------------------------

 

“Kento, ohayou…”

“Urm…”

Urm? What kind of reply was that?

“Hey, Kento…where are you going? Don’t you want to go to the lab?” I followed him as he just away like that. Is he still thinking about yesterday?

“Gomen…please do not follow me.”

I stopped. What’s wrong Kento? Are you still thinking about Maika?

“Mirai…what’s wrong?” Somebody knocked my head.

“Ryosuke…nothing.” I can’t tell him. It’s nothing. I just felt a little bit lonely. That’s all.




----------------------------- -----------------------------


 

“Kento…here you are…what are you doing here?”

“Oh Ryosuke…nothing much…”

“Kento, how about you talk to Maika properly. Mirai already knew that both of you were dating before. If you do not clear things up, Mirai will be worried okay?” Ryosuke tried to talk things to Kento. He knew that Mirai is not in the right position to talk it out.




----------------------------- -----------------------------


 

“Mirai, let’s go home. If you don’t mind…come with me.”

“Oh..okay…”

“I am going to clear things up with Maika.”

He is going to see Maika and asked me to be the watcher? Maybe he realized how worry I was about their relationship. But, what face should I wear to meet both of them?

“RYOSUKE!!! Help me! Kento is going to see Maika today.”

“You! You could give a heart attack you know?”

“EH? Then?”

“He said I can follow!!”

“I see. You are going to go. So why do you have to involve me?”

Ryosuke’s collar that I hardly grabbed, I slowly let it go. “Because…because I do not know why, but I am worried.”




----------------------------- -----------------------------

 

Three of us are now in front of Maika’s college. It’s not very far from our university. With my request, I finally got Ryosuke to follow us. That’s what made me a little less worried, somehow.

“Are? Arere? Ryosuke! Mirai! Kento! Why is everyone here?!? Ureshii…” Maika has noticed us being here. “What happened?”

“Maika… I have to talk to you.”

Both of them walk a bit further from me and Ryosuke. They don’t us to hear it. But I want to know!

“So…What so you want to talk about Kento?”

“Actually… for me to pretend that nothing going on between us before and act like nothing happened, also talk like normal friend. I definitely can’t do that. So…don’t come to my university anymore because I will feel disturbed. Most important that, I don’t want to see you anymore.”

“Ah…urm…because I met Ryosuke before, so I kind of remember things in school, also I want to know are you alright or not, that’s why I go to your university.”

“Also…now I know that you’re alright, and there is Mirai also… I will not come and find you anymore. Don’t worry…”

Ugh…why is she suddenly smiling!

“What are you doing there hiding behind the lamp post? You’re acting suspicious. People still can see you there. Come and sit here with me. Like a normal person.” Ryosuke lectured me.

“What are they talking about? They are too far; I can’t read their lips.”

“Kento won’t see Maika anymore.”

“But…”

“That is for everyone own good right? So it is better that way…”

They were finished talking and came back to us.

“Okay Ryosuke…Mirai...sore ja~ Kiwotsukete minna. Bye bye Mirai”

While she turning back to the route, a car suddenly out of nowhere was driving very fast and almost hit Maika and…-

“Maika..look out!!”

She managed to avoid the car and bumped into Kento.

“Abunai~~ what’s with that car!”

“Are you okay?” Kento asked.

“I…I’m okay” Her voice a little bit cracked. Maybe she also surprised by what just happened. Maika was still grabbing Kento’s shirt as if not willing to let it go.

“Kento…sayounara.”

I just noticed. After Maika said goodbye, Kento’s expression also changed. Ryosuke also went into silent.

“Kento…”

He just ignored me. I let both of them go home together. Maybe he still not ready to talk about it.

“Bye…”

“Kento…In your heart, who actually are you thinking about? Is it not Mirai?”





----------------------------- -----------------------------


 

While on my way home, I noticed Maika at the swing nearby to my neighbourhood park.

“Maika…What are still doing here?” She was crying.

“Gomen… even now, I still like Kento. Yesterday. When I came to your university, I want to see him. I really want to see Kento.”

I… I know, I feel that Maika is a really strong girl. But, actually she is really weak. She just pretended to be strong. I understand how that feeling is. I really hope she can stop crying. At the same time, I also want to comfort her and cheer for her. But still, in my heart, there's also my own feeling...and the dread feeling of what is about to happen next....