"Jinx, let's be friend!"

You Are My Wings

"Soul. When the time comes, your wings will appear, and it'll ask you whether you want to remain a human, an angel or a devil. You have to choose, you must choose or else it'll disappear forever."

 

Young Saeng sat still, bemused by what Hyun Joong told him last night; but what makes him more surprised was the fact that the king also a half-breed. How could it possibly be like that? And why did his hyung got to stay and he was the one had to go to live in the human world? All the questions kept on attacking Young Saeng's lazy brain makes him felt dizzy. He stood up, yawned then walked out the balcony. The night sky sure was beautiful, there were no clouds and the stars were shining brightly; it wasn't a cold night. Young Saeng took a deep breath; the air went in and blew away every annoying thought he was having in his mind. Viewing the splendid scenery of the palace's garden, Young Saeng noticed a shadow beside a small pond. Out of curiosity, the prince sneaked out of his room and ran to the garden. Unfortunately, when he arrived the person had already gone. The prince hit himself on the head, and blaming his legs for being so short. Twirling around in depression for a while, he noticed a shiny thing on the ground.

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Young Saeng opened the door to the rooftop. For some reason, he could get a hold of neither Blue nor Red today, and it disappointed him. The classroom was full of morons who'd try to when they have times, the prince sneaked to the rooftop; hoping to find a peaceful place to enjoy his meal. Stuffing himself with foods, Young Saeng looked around, enjoying the fresh ambience. He choked on his last piece of meat when he noticed a person lying beside the hedge; wondered what fooled his eyes when he just got here.

 

"JINX!!!!????" Young Saeng suffocatingly sputtered out the person-he-doesn't-want-to-meet-the-most's name.

 

Jinx lazily opened his eyes, stared annoyingly at Young Saeng, makes Saengie wondered why he always ended up doing something this guy hates.

 

"This is my territory." Jinx claimed.

 

Not given in to the school's tyrant, Young Saeng told himself to have confidence in his status as a prince, "The rooftop doesn't have your name on it."

 

Gave out a short snort, "You think?" said Jinx. He pointed at the door, gestured Young Saeng to take a clearer look at it. The prince got on his feet and obediently did as he was told. A pang of embarrassment ran through Young Saeng's body; the name was right there. "Erm... Can we share this place from now on?"

 

"No!" Without hesitation, Jinx replied, "You should know already that I hate you, what reason is there for me to let you in my territory?"

 

"Because..."

 

"Get lost already!"

 

"Okay! But why do you hate me so much anyway? I did nothing wrong to you."

 

"Why should I tell you?"

 

"Because I'm your victim."

 

Expected to be satisfied by Jinx's answer, Saengie stretched his ears to its limit; but not whole-heartedly. Part of his heart doesn't want him to accepted the answer; that was why he somehow felt relieved when Jinx turned his face away and ignored Young Saeng.

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------

 

"You're persistent right?" Jinx asked in disbelief. He wondered what was wrong with this guy anyway; did he already give out his thought about hating him yesterday? So why is he here, in Jinx's territory again?

 

"Let's be friend!"

 

A wave of disgust pierces through his skin, "BWA... HAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHA!"

 

"Eh?"

 

"Don't 'Eh?' with me. You're hopeless really. I..." He stopped when he felt his head being spun around. It been so long since the last time he laughed like this; yes, so long already. He used to be a joyful and bright kid, everyone loved him. From devils to angels, none of them ever said anything about him being a too friendly devil; but then one day, everything just shattered by that man's hands. Jinx felt his blood boiled in anger, his life wouldn't become like this if that man didn't discard all the promises they made together.

 

"Are you okay, Jinx?"

 

He snapped out of his thought when Young Saeng spoke up, "Nothing. What you got right there?" Unconsciously spoke up; he cursed himself afterward for being stupid.

 

"Ah! Just ddukbokki. Want to try?"

 

"Why would I?" Still acting tough even though his stomach was grumbling loudly, his face turned pit read when Young Saeng giggled cutely, amused by the funny sound.

 

"Okay, here. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..."

 

"What are you doing?" Jinx stuttered in embarrassment as the guy tried to spoon-feed him. And what made him flustered the most was his heart; it was beating so hard that all the blood came to his head as one, made his face swollen with all the pressure.

 

"Why acting shy all of sudden? Because you look so lazy so I thought I should help you eat as a friend."

 

"Who's yo...." Wouldn't let him finish the line. The prince slipped the spoon inside his mouth forcefully.

 

"How is it?"

 

"Good."

 

Jinx blushed when the prince gave out a bright smile after he replied him. A smile that was irresistible cute and so beautiful that Jinx couldn't take his eyes off. He moved slowly away, and turned his face elsewhere to avoid the prince's gaze. Even though he had swear to himself that he would never feel this way to anyone again; but somehow deep inside his heart, a greedy wish was formed right at that moment. Still he fought back to that wish, telling himself to control his feeling. He didn't want to end up like before, ever again.