The Fight

You Are My Wings

A rustle made Hyun Joong strengthens his defensibility. He managed to get through the third group of guards, which were standing right in front of the great gate; the main way to get in the castle. Looked at how this kingdom's royal fortified their security system, Hyun Joong was reassured that the queen won't hold back even with her son.

 

"Mom--- You never change right?" Whispered to himself, the king stuck his head out of the bush; searching for any guard's presentation. To be truthful, even without Yellow's instruction, Hyun Joong already knew darn well the place he was now.

 

Since the day he was just a normal human, his mom always brought him and Kyu Jong back to her kingdom for a so called visit. On the other hand, her intention was to make Hyun Joong developed the desire to stay on her side; unfortunately, the boy was too smart to fall in her trap.

 

Soundlessly, the wise man snuck behind another security group then swiftly on his wings and flew straight to entrance of the main chateau. It took him no time to recall his memories about this too much familiar place, the king took the right turn an headed straight to where he believe his two brothers were imprisoned.

 

"Who's there?"

 

A soldier shouted loudly as he noticed a glimpse of Hyun Joong's wings; which he left unfolded, ready for another lift.

 

Glancing back, Hyun Joong punished himself for his unusual carelessness by smacking his face twice. A bunch of soldiers soon arrived, joining the lonesome man shouted for help just now. They chased him to the junction of two corridors, where the other groups were ambushing; blocking him to get away. Took the left turn, Hyun Joong took a chance to turned 180 degrees back and shot out a chain of fireballs; prevented soldiers to get any closer to him. The king smugly twirling in the mid-air as a ceremony for his cleverness; but he soon regretted again.

 

A broken glass sound spread through the atmosphere, made any creature it went pass terrified. It was one awful heart-breaking scream of the death, mixed in some of Hyun Joong's grunt as well as an evil clown-like laughter. The earth started to shout for its power and the river agitated in defense. Wind blew through the forest, trees whistled among all the perturbations and birds were flapping its wings; desperately looking for entrances to any safety place.

 

Even though he was surprised by the sudden attack, Hyun Joong still able to summon his water-style defense; luckily he succeeded in blocking the merciless knife to reach his flesh. Without any delay, he grabbed the guy's collar then spun him around in the mid-air, with one full-strength blow; he threw the guy far off.

 

"A direct hit from you won't kill me right away--- Have you forgot it, Joey?"

 

Hyung Jun spread his wings out widely until it reached its limitation to prevent him from being push any further. Not letting Hyun Joong to have any free time, the boy grinned crazily while charging in towards the king again. His arm's muscles rose up fiercely under his milky white skin, activated all of the young prince's power. A block of rock elevated up beside Hyung Jun in no time, and a second later it was broken down into thousands of rocky needles. He extended his two arms, dispersed all the small but deadly needles everywhere in the air.

 

Hyun Joong impassively waved his left hand, calling for more water from the nearby river. He couldn't see so well what Hyung Jun prepared for him at such a long distance, but the king knew for sure that his lover wouldn't go easy on him. As soon as he noticed Hyung Jun's arms pushed forward, like a signal for something invisible to attack him from afar; the king formed a water shield right away, covered his body.

 

Like rockets, thousands of sharp objects immediately pierced through the atmosphere; charged mercilessly at Hyun Joong.

 

Floating inside the shield, the king stably maintained his power to let no needle pass through his defense; but he slightly failed on this task. Some of them were able to slide inside easily and penetrated his body; gave Hyun Joong a pessimistic thought about his future. Providentially, the attack wasn't last too long; enough for Hyun Joong to dispel his move as soon as oxygen inside the water-shield ceased to exist.

 

A satisfied smirk slowly emerged on Hyung Jun's face when he saw Hyun Joong was craving for some air; who seems to forget about his existence. As he predicted, the king really did fell for his trick. He clenched his fist, concentrated on one branch of the climbing tree, which were clinging onto the wall near where Hyun Joong was standing now. He slowly moved his index finger, twirling it around behind his back; commanded the tree to wake up. The liana wriggled its tail, then calmly rose its body up in the air; moving toward Hyun Joong.

 

On the other hand, Hyun Joong was panting; unknowing that his life was dangling on a single string. When he realized that he was resting for too long, the king turned his head up; looking for Hyung Jun. As soon as he saw the guy's facial expression at that moment, he spread his wings attempted to escape; but it was one second too late. A rope-like creature had already wrapping its tail around his neck and pulled him down. Hyun Joong felt his back bled from countless collision with branches from trees. The man also had a taste of his blood, which were dripping out in an unstoppable way.

 

A painful thud disrupted any creature that was in its peaceful sleep, roared through the darkest night; entertained Hyung Jun's ears. He lazily loitered down to where the thud was from, looking for the source of his happiness. The prideful man now was lying on the ground; choking due to the liana strengthened its force. His body was covered in his own blood but still his eyes were staring at Hyung Jun; gave the prince a real irritation. Without any clemency, Hyung Jun intentionally landed down, with one of his legs descended on the man's chest; made him coughed out one more mouth full of blood.

 

With his body went numb, Hyun Joong took any of his last strength and grabbed onto Hyung Jun ankle; hopelessly tried to drag it out of his chest. But as much as he tried, the pain won't go away as well as the young prince's foot. In the critical moment of his life, Hyun Joong cursed himself for still looking at Hyung Jun and thought that the guy was still as sweet as before. Unconsciously, he reached out his hand, trying to touch Hyung Jun's flawless skin even though he knew that he couldn't.

 

In an instant, Hyung Jun almost reaches out his hand like a subconscious action in return of Hyun Joong's; but he gained back his sanity. He raised his hand with a sword in it, ready to put an end to the most hated person in his life.

 

"The world won’t change with pretty words alone--- Joey---" Hyung Jun stopped when he heard the king retold him the so much well-known line of his no-longer lover. It reminded him from the day they were younger, those days when he would obediently wait for Hyun Joong in his heaven-like garden. It was really lonely but Hyung Jun bare with it in exchange for just some happy moments he shared with the too much busy king. Even though his eyes right now were dull due to the loss of blood, Hyung Jun still could feel the warm, buried deep in them. But to avenge his parent's death, he must kill the one who responsible for it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Haha... Somehow I managed to update chapter 13 today... Yay me! XD

Happy New Year guys.... This chapter really... took me 2 hours to finish... As soon as I reached home, I jumped in and wrote it out right away... LOL

Anyway... thanks for reading my fanfic XD