Into The Battle

You Are My Wings

"YOU'RE LYING! YOU'RE LYING!"

 

"Lying or not, see it yourself!" The two soldiers roughly pushed Young Saeng in a gaol, who was screaming in disbelief.

 

"Those are all lies--- lies--- how could it be?" The prince one hand wiped away his tears, the other banging on the door in anger. Suddenly, a rustle voiced up in the darkness of the room. Young Saeng turned his head over to see what it was. A man dressed in rags and looks pretty dirty was staring at Young Saeng. To be clear, it was the place under the young prince's left ear that the man was constantly looking at without any blink.

 

"What is it?" Young Saeng asked coldly at him, it was obvious that he had reached his limitation of patient.

 

"Nothing! It's rare for this place to have any visitor."

 

"I'm NOT a visitor." Young Saeng spoke up, getting annoyed in his tone.

 

"Okay-- Okay-- No needs to be so mad about it--- Geez---"

 

There was a long awkward silence rampage around the narrow room. Felt a bit uneasy, Young Saeng decided to open his mouth after he calmed down a little.

 

"So---"

 

"What did you do to get tossed in here?"

 

"Wow, you sure talk like a teenager for an old geezer--- Oh yeah--- Some personal matter---" He scratched his head, sat back with his back touched the door and sighed.

 

"You can tell me if you want--- I mean I'll never get myself out of here anyway--- No one going to know about your story--- Right?"

 

"Well--- you're right---" Young Saeng came closer to the old man and started his story. He told the man everything. Even he just got to know the man 2 minutes ago, but there was something that didn't stop him to finish it.

 

"They said my father betrayed his wife to come across my mom--- they said that my mom seduced the king and my brother right now is just half related to me--- and--- they even went as far as making me believe that my lover, Jinx is the son of the woman my father married to--- ridiculous right? It can't be like that? Then what makes us? uous siblings? Stupid right mister? You----" When Young Saeng turned over to ask for the geezer's opinion. There was only sadness in his eyes. The prince couldn't understand what that look meant at that moment. And of course, he had no idea that this encounter would make a great impact to his future as well as other's.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Hyun Joong rushed through the misty forest in a hurry because had no time to waste under these circumstances. The king didn't bring any soldiers with him since he knew this wouldn't end with just talking; and of course if there'd war, the war would be a place where no normal soldier would return as a whole. The only thing that still worried him was Jung Min's stubbornness. He was sure that the guy wasn't the kind who would stayed as a good boy, waiting obediently for him way back in the palace; but he hoped this time, things would change since Min was now injured. He kept thinking too much that he didn't even notice when he already got to the place where Red and Blue told him to wait. And the two guys arrived soon after that.

 

"Your M---"

 

"Don't call me by that phrase when we're out here--- Just my name is fine--- Now give me more detail about this situation?"

 

"Jade--- Yellow came just now." Red was the first one to inform.

 

"Huh? So you guys still keep in contact after all those years."

 

"Of course, we're in one team after all." Blue added in, "No matter how much our masters hating each other, we guardians still trust in each other. But the situation is real bad now---"

 

"Yeah! Jinx is now being held captive and I heard that they chased out Yellow. They let no one comes near Jinx even though he's wounded badly. I don't know what kind of tactics is this, but beaten up your own son isn't what a good mother should do."

 

Stayed in silence for a while, Hyun Joong kept on with the conversation, "So where is Yellow now?"

 

Blue looked at Red, then turned back at Hyun Joong and replied, "He said without him, Jinx couldn't use his power--- so he ran back to the castle's direction right after he gave us the information. We tried to stop him, but you know the guy--- he wouldn't back off when it comes to his master. And----"

 

"And what?" Hyun Joong impatiently grilled back Blue, made the guy angrily glared at him in annoyance. Laughed it off, he gestured Blue to keep going. But instead, another voice came from behind the three of them.

 

"--- I told Blue that you should've kept your promise with young master, Your Majesty. You broke his heart as a child--- if you hadn't do that, then he wouldn't be angry at you and came back with that wicked woman---"

 

"I had no choice back then---"

 

"KEEPING YOUR PROMISES IS IMPORTANT---"

 

"I had duties to carry on my shoulders--- You expected me to abandon my people and go live my own happy life?"

 

"Because---" Yellow hesitated as he spoke, "Because you always acted like that--- That was why prince Joey is now such a hateful person---"

 

Red's body suddenly brightens up with a reddish color, and a second after that a strong push was felt. At the same time, Hyun Joong's usual beautiful white wings also turned into a pair of fire wings, made that part of forest lighted up brightly; the power of the Sun God sure was powerful. Hyun Joong jumped on his wings, flew with full speed at Yellow and subdued the guy down on the ground. One hand ready to strangle his neck, and the other swung up highly with fire blazing on his hand; ready to shoot in any moment.

 

"It's none of your business--- You only know one but there are nine more for you to learn--- I didn't abandon them--- I abandoned none of them--- I'll be okay if you bash me about Jinx but I won't stay calm if you blame me for Joey's behavior--- None of us know anything about his matter--- That's why we're here now--- Yellow, I came here today not only for Soul--- but for Jinx and Joey also--- I have to get them back--- and--- I need your help---"

 

After Yellow's head slightly nodded, but not fully. Hyun Joong sighed in half depression but still withdrew his power and helped Yellow to get up. As the king's wings returned to its normal state, Red's body also did. They gathered together under the moonlight and listened to Yellow's instruction of how to get into the castle. After everyone was clear about what he had to do. The four men got to their position, ready to proceed. Yellow was the first one to go, he charged with full speed toward the bushiest side of the forest. His Light power would be an advantage in that kind of dark place. The second one was Blue; he spread out both of his arms and wings then skimmed around the river. He did it for two rounds, made the water bounced up and down, showing off his power as a comforting word for his blood brother - Red - that he'll be fine. Supposedly, Red was the third to go; but instead, he hesitated for a while made Hyun Joong wondered why.

 

"What's wrong?” asked bluntly the king.

 

"I wonder if--- this is the last time we could be together, Jade--- I have a bad feeling about this---"

 

Chuckled, Hyun Joong shuffled Red's red hair; it was rare for the guy to be in worry, but it couldn't be help. For this kind of place, this really might be the last as Red said. Hid his sad face inside, the king smiled brightly at Red, telling the guy it would be okay. Responded Hyun Joong with another forceful smile, Red moved his lips.

 

"Jade--- Do you know why Blue and I chose to stay by your side?"

 

"Because I'm handsome?" Hyun Joong jokingly replied, still showing his naughty side considered it as the last time he could do it.

 

"Haha--- Funny--- You're still the same after all those years--- Come here--- I'll tell you---"

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

"So that how it was huh? OKAY--- Let's go---" Hyun Joong stretched out his arms, doing some basic exercises before the quest.

 

Looking at how Hyun Joong acted, Red's face twisted excitedly, brought out a confident smile on his child-like face, "Don't die so soon--- you idiot---"

 

"Ha! Mind your own business--- That's my line--- Don't die too soon--- I need your power--- as well as your existence--- Bye!"

 

This time, without delay, the two men rapidly disappeared into two opposite direction.