Yoontae II

Taeyeon-centric One/Multiple Shots

After the incident, Yoona vowed to herself to not bother Taeyeon anymore. It was really hard for her at first but she convinced herself that if she wants to move on, she has to do this. On the other hand, Taeyeon felt weird because of Yoona’s absence. ‘It has been two weeks..and she has never skipped a day meeting me..Did something happen?’

                                      

 

 

“Soo, have you seen Yoona lately?”

 

 

 

“Huh? Oh yeah, met her the other day when you were busy with Leeteuk.”

 

 

 

“You did?! Why didn’t you inform me??”

 

 

 

“Well the counter had this really annoying stain on it so I did my best as an employee to scrub it off. Like you said, if I don’t work hard enough, I won’t get free food.” Sooyoung pouted.

 

 

 

“Oh my gosh Soo! What are you, twelve?!”

 

 

 

“Hey hey now don’t go all Hulk on me. Besides, aren’t you glad the kid’s gone? She dressed up the other day, probably wanting to take you out on a date. But then she just left. Oh, and I found this right after.” A wilted red rose with a small cute card was handed to Taeyeon. It said, “Hey lovely, would you be my date for today? ;)” A smile was immediately formed on her face but turned into a frown when she remembered something.

 

 

 

“Wait Sooyoung-ah, did she say anything before she left??”

 

 

 

“Nope, not that I remembered. She only asked who Leeteuk was and I said that you two dated. That’s all. Oh..... Damn I must’ve broken the poor girl’s heart..” Sooyoung face-palmed when she realized what she had done.

 

 

 

Taeyeon finally knew the reason why Yoona didn’t come for the past two weeks. It’s because she’s jealous of her and Leeteuk.

 

 

 

 ‘Or maybe she thought that we got back together and decided to quit. I should be happy right? Isn’t this what I’ve always wanted?’

 

 

 

She pondered upon Sooyoung’s words “..aren’t you glad she’s gone?”

 

 

 

 ‘Am I?’

 

 

Taeyeon spent the rest of her week working at the bakery – but with a terrible performance. Her mind is not straight and is constantly thinking about a certain flawless brunette.

 

 

 

TAEYEON’S POV

The rest of the week felt empty. I’ve been doing my job terribly. I couldn’t even get the customers’ orders right! I don’t know what is wrong with me. Does her presence really affect me that much? I mean, yeah, she’s been here thrice every week for four months straight. Ugh what are you doing to me, Im Yoon-ah?! I’ve gotta do something about this. If not, I might be like this forever.

 

AUTHOR’S POV

 

“Soo, would you come here for a sec?” She called up the Giant who’s probably munching on some cookies in the kitchen.

 

 

No reply. “Sooyoung-ahh, I need to ask you about somethinggg.”

 

 

Pure silence as there were no customers at the moment. It was working hours afterall. The midget got angry when her calls were ignored.

 

 

“CHOI SOOYOUNG GET YOUR MOUTH OF THE FOOD AND COME HERE YOU BIG PIGGY!!”  Sounds of a few things dropping reached Taeyeon’s ears. The shikshin had choked on the food and stumbled across a few things when she heard the shout.

 

Sooyoung wiped off the crumbs on before stuttering, “Y-yes boss?”

Taeyeon sighed looking at the mess in front of her. “Soo, where does Yoona goes to school at?”

 

 

The tall girl who was gulping some water on the counter spit out her drink when asked.

 

 

 “What?!! Am I hearing this right or have I gone deaf?”

 

 

The shorter girl felt heat creeping up her face. “I..I just wanna know..”

 

 

“What do you mean you JUST wanna know? As far as I’m concerned, you dislike the kid. Now that she’s gone and probably moved on from you breaking her heart every time she asks for dates, you’re asking where she schools at, after two weeks of her absence?? Are you a sadist, Taengoo-ah?” A pair of fierce eyes were squinting at Taeyeon’s face, curious of what the latter’s intention is.

 

 

Taeyeon’s head hung low at Sooyoung’s words. The thought of Yoona moving on from her somehow hurts, and she felt really bad for treating the kid like that. A tear unconsciously fell from her eye, realizing how mean she was to the latter.

 

 

 

“I’m..I’m gonna grab some fresh air. Please take care of the café. Be right back.” Sooyoung just nodded at her boss’ behavior and resumed working.

 

 

 

Taeyeon walked out from her café to a park nearby. As she was still figuring out how to find Yoona, a manly voice called her out.

 

“Taeyeon-ah! Is that you?” Taeyeon turned around at the mention of her name only to find Leeteuk grinning from ear to ear.

 

 

 

“Teukkie! What brought you here??”

 

 

 

Leeteuk pouted, “Hey, aren’t I allowed to visit my girl?” and received a friendly punch on the shoulder.

 

 

 

“Yahh, if anyone hears this, I might not get married okayh!” Both of them were laughing happily while cracking lame jokes when Taeyeon suddenly caught a glimpse of a brunette high schooler.

 

 

‘She looks like Yoona a lot from behind..’ Taeyeon squinted her eyes more, trying to get a clearer view of the passer-by before widening her eyes. She saw the girl’s bag which happened to be Yoona’s and ran after her.

 

 

“Hey, Taeyeon where are you going?!” Taeyeon dismissed the guy with a wave and called after the girl

 

 

“Yoona!” The taller girl in front of her quickened her walking pace, trying to escape the older girl’s call. Now, Taeyeon was positive the said girl is the one she suspected.

 

 

“Im Yoona!! Wait up!!” Much to her dismay, her short legs couldn’t keep up as the person in front of her started to sprint too. She ended up panting heavily at the sidewalk, only glancing at the view of the other girl’s back, furthering away from her.

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N : Guys, dont think i've forgotten your requests, im working on them as well as the current stories but i won't upload them until i finish these two i think. And pls be patient if my updates are slow, currently in my final sem so i hope to score heheh. Gonna finish around April so maybe by that time i'll update as much as i can okayhh? Hahaha much love <33