Apology - Taengsic

Taeyeon-centric One/Multiple Shots

Inspired by Ikon’s Apology - Taengsic

 

 

“Taengoo.” Silence.

 

 

“Taengooo.” Still no reply.

 

 

“Yah Kim Taeyeon! Didn’t you hear me calling you?!” Jessica who initially was lying her head on Taeyeon’s shoulder got up and slapped her girlfriend lightly. The slightly shorter brunette winced in pain but did not turn to the one who begs for her attention.

 

 

“Ouchhh. What was that for, Sica….” Her response was definitely uninterested in conversing with her other half as her eyes are rooted to a sports car magazine.

 

 

“That was because you ignored me! And quit lying, it wasn’t even that hard. Hmphh..” Seeing Taeyeon still haven’t diverted her attention towards her, she let out an angry huff and stomped away to their room. After she heard the slam of the door, only then Taeyeon took her eyes off the magazine and looked at the direction where the girl headed to and sighed. She wasn’t even paying attention to the cool cars displayed. A lot was on her mind – and that included her girlfriend.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jessica finally finished her work and waited for Taeyeon to pick her up under her company’s building. She was about to walk out when she saw her girlfriend’s car but a firm, muscular hand gripped her arm. Without even looking, she groaned internally.

 

“Hey, ‘sup, Jess?” a grinning male greeted her. Taecyeon. Jessica dreaded the existence of this guy because he was so persistent on chasing after her – even when she told him she is currently dating but the muscle man won’t buy it because he hasn’t seen a male around her before. Well of course, the one she’s dating is a girl, but Taeyeon asked her to keep it a secret first and she stupidly agreed to it.

 

 

“Nothing, Taec. Now if you would please excuse me.” Jessica tried to break free from his grip but to no avail.

 

 

“Not so fast, Princess.” She rolled her eyes when he called her the nickname Taeyeon gave to her.

 

 

“I will let you go, only if you agree to have dinner with me in a moment. My treat” the well-toned man winked. At the same time, Taeyeon got off her car and walked towards the scene. Jessica had never felt gladder that the girl was her girlfriend that instant. Seeing the situation, Taeyeon spoke up.

 

 

“Is something the matter here?” still with his annoying attitude, he flashed a pearly white smile that could sweep any girl off her feet – except both of the girls were to gay to even bat an eyelash for him.

 

 

“Nothing, I just want to ask this beautiful girl here if she’s willing to go out on a date with me.” He pointed towards Jessica.

 

 

“That won’t do, Taecyeon. My ride’s here. See ya around, but I hope not.” The blonde was about to walk away from that annoying guy but was halted by her girlfriend’s words.

 

 

 

“W-wait. I think you should go with him, Sica. He should be able to give you a ride back home right, Mr..?”

 

 

“Taecyeon. And yes, I definitely will. So shall we, Princess?”

 

 

What?” if looks could do anything, Taeyeon would already be burned to death. The latter just shrugged casually, not bothering to give Jessica any eye contact and turned around to walk away. Feeling anger raging in her body, Jessica harshly linked arms with Taecyeon and purposely half-shouted.

 

 

“Ok Taecyeon let’s date! I’M SINGLE ANYWAY.” Not sensing the tension in the air, the man happily talked about where he was taking them to, with Jessica giving his muscular hands a death grip, somehow a way to release her anger – but the guy was too dense and happy to notice.

 

When the duo disappeared from her vision, Taeyeon took heavy steps towards her car. At her last step, her breathing got heavier and more erratic, causing her to clutch her heart in pain and dropped to the ground. She fumbled through her pocket to grab her car keys and quickly insert it into the hole. Once the door was open, she rummaged through her car compartment and took out some pills from a bottle before gulping down some mineral water she had with her.

 

 

“*gulps* ugh..” after calming down and inhaling some deep breaths, Taeyeon walked slowly towards the driver’s seat and drove away.

 

 

 

 

As expected, after the ‘date’, Jessica burst through their house’ door without any greetings. Taeyeon who was slurping ramen soup coughed out some of them due to the intrusion. With hands on her hips, the furious blonde stood in front of the still-coughing girl, demanding answers.

 

 

“The hell you think you’re doing, Taeyeon?!” whenever Jessica uses her full name, it means she’s real mad. However, it didn’t make Taeyeon flinch.

 

 

“What *coughs* do you mean? I was just eating ramyun, that’s all.” The brunette shrugged it off like she did nothing wrong. Jessica had tears welled in her eyes because she tends to cry whenever she’s angry and wiped them harshly with the tip of her long sleeved blouse.

 

 

“You-“ she pointed, “-let me out on a date with a guy you know I despised. And why is that, may I ask? Am I not important to you anymore-e?” the croak in her voice got Taeyeon to look up from her bowl and almost went to pull the crying Jung into a hug but she restrained herself and looked the other way.

 

 

“I-I’m scared he’ll do something to me. I mean, he’s a huge guy, Jessica. Surely you don’t want me in the h-hospital, do you?”

 

 

Jessica scoffed before saying, “ So basically you’re being selfish right now? Seriously? You’re scared? Don’t give me that bull. Where’s the Kim Taeyeon I knew who punched a much bigger guy in the face WITH a black belt in TAEKWONDO for harassing me? I’m YOUR girlfriend for ’s sake. You’re such a jerk for leaving me back there.” Jessica ran to their room with tears streaming down her face and locked the door, forbidding Taeyeon from going in. Taeyeon could only stir the remaining soup in her bowl with her spoon which is now mixed with her salty tears. “I’m sorry I couldn’t protect you…Sica-yah..”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Taeyeon you need to tell Jessica about this. She at least deserves to know about your condition. She’s your girlfriend Taeyeon-ah. Don’t you love her?”

 

“I do. Stop talking and drive me back home. I can’t really drive after taking those shots.” Sunny just shook her head seeing how stubborn her friend is. They were at the hospital for Taeyeon’s medical check up and the latter needed someone to drive her home without Jessica getting suspicious, so the excuse “going out with Sunny” was the best option.

 

 

 

 

 

 

After two weeks of cold war and silent treatment from Jessica towards her girlfriend, the two reconciled after Taeyeon apologized. She didn’t really apologise but since it was her birthday, Jessica bought her a cake and they both hugged each other tightly, whispering how much they missed each other and such. Jessica even teared up again because the days without talking or cuddling with her girlfriend was a serious torture for her since she loves Taeyeon that much. The latter chuckled seeing her blonde girlfriend’s behavior before pulling Jessica onto her lap to wipe her tears away. “Don’t cry, Sica-yah. Aigoo, 27, and still a crybaby, huh? Come here, my boo.” Taeyeon peppered the girl with kisses and buried her face in Jessica’s neck.

 

 

Jessica felt her neck getting wet and panicked, “Oh my gosh Taengoo are you crying??” and all she felt was a nod from the brunette.

 

 

“B-but why-“ her words got cut by a giggle from Taeyeon.

 

 

“Hehehe. It’s nothing, Sicaaa. I just miss you so much and seeing you cry makes me feel like crying too.” If only you knew.  I’m gonna miss you so much, Sooyeon-ah.

 

 

 

 

 

Jessica thought after the two made up, things will return to usual, if not better. But boy, was she wrong. Taeyeon grew cold towards her, and it was plain obvious the slightly older girl wanted to avoid her. She tried asking the latter for dates, as they hadn’t really go out for a long time.

 

 

“Taengooo. Shall we go out on a date tomorrow?” Jessica asked with hopeful eyes. This time, Taeyeon had actually faced Jessica, but with tired eyes.

 

 

“Hmm..I don’t think so Sica-ah..I’m too tired..”

 

 

“That was what you said last time! And a few times before that too! Are you hiding something from me?!”

 

 

“I’m tired from work, Sica-ah. I have to pick you up after that, too. You can’t expect me to be energized all the time.” Taeyeon didn’t have the courage to look at Jessica in the eyes for she knew she’d lose the game.

 

 

“So you’re saying you’re tired of me?! Is that what you are implying? YOU were the one who offered to take me home even though I had wanted to take the bus. I don’t get you sometimes. Sure, love your work more than me, your GIRLFRIEND.” With that the angry Jung picked up her car keys from the table and got out of the house.

 

 

Taeyeon heaved out a heavy sigh and massaged her temples when suddenly a sudden surge of pain shot through her chest. “Oh noo…my medicine’s finished… ughh..” She fished out her phone from her pocket and typed out a quick message to Yoona, her personal doctor. Around 10 minutes later, the latter arrived as she lives not far from Taeyeon’s and also because she sped her car too. Taeyeon had already left the door unlocked and stayed beside the door for she felt her lungs constrict and in need of air but she can’t breathe properly.

 

 

 

“Taeyeon?! Are you in there?!” The door blasted open and a tall, beautiful girl wearing casual clothes walked in with a suitcase.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

               

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N : Hi peasants! I CAN FLYYYY COZ IM A HEROOO!! LOL. Anywayy this is to celebrate Jeti's debut, altho Sica's kind of a main here lol. I wanna ask you guys, do i make this angst or a happy ending or both? coz it's gonna be a two-shot only. I wanted to post the angst one but i figured i'd ask you peeps first. btw, i cried just thinking about the plot hahahah. It's also angst coz jessica confirmed she's dating tyler :')) i mean i've known it since forever, we all know, but it still :') hurts :') idk it's like my crush having a gf oh God. I need a bf asap lol. So ookay, tell me do I make this a happy ending or not? or both? but i think a sad one is better lol byee