Apology II

Taeyeon-centric One/Multiple Shots

After checking the sick girl’s vital signs and giving her required measures, Taeyeon was finally able to breathe, albeit still weak. Yoona helped Taeyeon up to the couch and let her recover.

 

 

“Taeyeon unnie how many times do I have to tell you to make sure you take your meds every mid of the month??” Taeyeon just looked at the latter and mumbled an apology.

 

 

“I’m sorry Yoona-ah…It’s just that…I don’t think it’s worth taking them anymore..I mean, until now there’s no donor for my heart..Honestly, I kinda gave up… But at the same time, I don’t wanna die just yet. Because I don’t want to leave her alone Yoona-yah..I tried, and tried. I’m hurting her a lot, and kills me inside everytime I look at her dejected face. But  I know I’m not in a position where I can choose or be selfish...” the dam that was holding the liquid in her eyes finally broke free. The doctor joined her on the couch and hugged the crying girl. After dealing with the harsh reality for a few months already, Taeyeon felt so alone and hurt so she reciprocated the hug as she really could do with one right now and buried her face into the latter’s chest.

 

 

 

  Yoona the other girl’s back and kept on saying “everything’s going to be okay” because honestly as a doctor, she too, don’t really know the chances of her surviving much longer without a donor.    After the tears had subsided and Taeyeon went back to her normal state, Yoona began to speak up.

 

 

“Taeyeon unnie, while we’re at this topic, I want to discuss something with you about the medical processes you have to undergo. I’ll just take the papers out from my bag. Hold on a sec.”

 

 

“N-no! Let’s do this outside. Jessica might be home anytime and I don’t wanna tell her this way.”

 

 

“Oh okay. Yeah, sure. Let’s go to the café nearby?” Taeyeon nodded subtly and the two got out of the house to head to their destination. 

 

 

 

       Meanwhile, Jessica was about to park her car at the parking lot when she saw her girlfriend walking with some pretty girl to a car she assumes it was the latter’s. She was confused, just a few minutes ago Taeyeon was complaining that she’s tired, and now she’s chatting happily with an unknown girl. With hands still gripping on the steering, she clenched them, barely forming a fist on each. Seeing them getting on the car and drove out, the angry girl pushed the gear into driving mode and tailed them from behind. “How dare she..” Jessica mumbled to herself with eyes boring a hole into the car a few metres ahead of her.

 

 

 

        Yoona and Taeyeon dropped by at the Blend Café and entered with Taeyeon opening the door for the younger girl. “You make me feel like I’m the only lady here, unnie. Hahahah.” “Only for beautiful ladies like you.” The older one tried to wink but failed and both of them broke into fits of giggle. They were unaware of the existence of a pair of fierce eyes glaring at their actions. The two entered the café and chose quite a secluded spot at the corner of the café. It was shielded by a wall, away from eyes of everyone. Usually couples sit at the spot as they wanted some privacy but since they wanted to discuss some confidential matter, they figured it’s best to converse there.

 

 

 

   A waiter came along and took their orders. Both only ordered drinks – a caramel macchiato for Taeyeon and a strawberry shake for the doctor. Since Yoona was her former schoolmate and favorite dongsaeng, they’ve decided to chat a bit about their lives and enjoy their drinks before jumping into their real intentions of coming there.

 

 

“Omg unnie do you remember that time when we put a ladybird on top of Fany-unnie’s hand because she fell asleep during our studying session? She screamed a lot and took us a while to calm her down and you got scolded the most hahahaha”

 

 

“Yah that was because of you and Yuri! She scolded me because I’m the oldest among us so I should’ve watched you guys. TsK. So unfair. All I did was laugh at her reactions!!” Taeyeon pretended to sulk and folded her arms but then dropped her act and laughed along when she saw Yoona’s mouth opening so wide from all of those laughing.

 

 

“Yoong don’t forget the day you were getting told off by Seohyunnie because you made too much noise in the library. You even kept quiet after that and blushed madly which you’re never good at – keeping quiet. Such a whipped girl for her crush. Tch.” Yoona’s cheeks turned into a shade of pink and started fanning herself.

 

 

 

“U-unnie!!! Aish jinjja.” Now it was Taeyeon’s turn to laugh at her. The duo sipped on their mug-filled drinks after their wholehearted laughter subsided.

 

 

“Ahhh, that sure brings memories back. Good ones. School was really fun with you chodings around. Aish, I miss those times.” The older girl sighed in content and placed her hands on the mug, smilling at her dongsaeng slurping her shake like there was no tomorrow.

 

 

 

“Yoong-ah, hahahah look at you! You have pink moustaches all over your face now! You really haven’t changed, still a messy eater I see. Even after becoming a professional doctor loll.”

 

 

Yoona furrowed her eyebrows before grabbing a napkin and dabbed at the areas around her lips. “Aigoo  if any of my patients sees this, I’d lose my reputation. Huaaaa pabo Yoong.” She slightly knocked her head. Taeyeon chuckled a bit before bending her body forward across the table to wipe Yoona’s smeared forehead.

 

 

 

“Aish Yoona-ah, you’ve got some in between your eyebrows too. If I am mean, I would’ve let you walked out just like that hahahaha”

 

 

 

 

      Jessica parked her car not too far from the café and half-ran towards it. She was hoping to spy on them from the outside but frowned when she couldn’t catch a glimpse of their seats from where she was standing, so she sneaked into the café as discreet as possible by hiding whenever she feels she was exposed. The brunette approached them with a nervous heart, praying to God so that her intuition is wrong. Fear that she might scare the two off, she hid behind a thick-looking rectangular wooden pole not far from where Yoona and Taeyeon were seated, and just enough for her eyes to see. Lucky for her, she’s really thin and has the figure of a model so she had no problems hiding, just weird stares from the people around her.

 

 

 

     The peeping girl tried to eavesdrop on their conversation but her distance didn’t allow that, so she just ended up using her eyes to spy on their actions. She squinted her eyes at every move, every laugh they made until one made her pupils widen in shock. From her vision, it looked like Taeyeon was kissing Yoona when actually she was wiping off the strawberry foam on the taller girl’s face. Jessica tore her gaze off them and leaned on the pole, cupping while trying not to break down in public. She collected herself and shakily walked towards Taeyeon and Yoona, who were both alarmed at the look Jessica was giving them.

 

The girl was trying to deliver her words calmly but not before ensuring every distaste she feels at that very moment inserted along.

 

 

“Kim. Tae. Yeon. What are you doing here?” Taeyeon immediately rose from the chair and tried to explain herself in panic.

 

 

“J-Jessica it’s not what you think it is..” Jessica stared hard into the slightly shorter woman’s eyes with her glistening ones.

 

 

“Not what I think it is? Tell me, Taeyeon-ah, all these while, the excuses, our lack of communication and intimacy, is it because of this wench?!” she pointed at Yoona without even looking. The latter was speechless and afraid to into the couple’s argument.

 

 

“Hey don’t call her that! I told you, it’s not what you think it is!”

 

 

“Then what is? Don’t lie to me, I saw you kissing her just now! Who does that to normal friends?! And don’t tell me she’s your colleague I know all of your work friends! Who is she?! Is she your new girlfriend?! Are you seriously cheating on me?!”

 

 

                                                                                                       

Taeyeon looked surprisingly calm despite the countless of accusations her girlfriend just threw at her in public but deep inside, only God knows how nervous she felt. The girl made eye contact with Yoona as if she was trying to ask her to play along with whatever she’s going to do next. Taeyeon grabbed the younger doctor’s hand and brought Yoona next to her. Jessica who was seeing the actions Taeyeon displayed in front of her clenched her fists in anger and held herself back from beating the hell out of the two – at least not until she’s heard of the truth.

 

Taeyeon rubbed her thumb across Yoona’s hand and tighten her hold on it. She inhaled a lungful of air before facing the angry             Jung once more.

 

 

“Jessica. There’s something I have to tell you.”

 

 

‘It’s not real right…Taeyeon-ah please don’t let me down, please tell me all that I just saw were merely lies. Taeyeon..please...Call me Sica like you always do..don’t sound so serious…’ Jessica bit her thin lips so hard she didn’t realize they were bleeding because she was so damn curious anticipating what her girlfriend has to say.

 

 

“I- Me and Yoona… We’re actually going out..Dating, I mean. I’m sorry I went behind your back, but I guess I didn’t love you anymore. I’m sorry, Jessica.” Yoona tried to speak up her mind but was signaled to stop by Taeyeon.

 

 

After that statement, Jessica felt suddenly run dry. Everything that she had just heard sounds so unreal that she had to take a step back to balance herself from falling. It hurts. Too much. Seeing the one you love so much, and has been together for years doing going through all sorts of things, going behind your back and cheated on you. Too hurt that she didn’t realize droplets of tears were clouding her vision.

 

 

“Y-you’re..you’re joking..right..?” Jessica croaked. Taeyeon bowed her head down and shook her head.

 

 

“I’m not, Sica-ah. I’m really sorry.” The latter tried to reach her but only to get turned down.

 

 

“N-no..” the crying girl took another step back and muffled her sobs with her left hand.

 

 

“D-don’t call me ‘Sica’. Y-you… I trusted you! I loved you! I dealt with your horrible treatment towards me, and this is what I get? ‘Sorry’ doesn’t fix a anything, Taeyeon-ssi. I hate you and I don’t ever want to see you again! We’re ing done.” With that statement, Jessica gave her now ex-girlfriend a tight slap across the face and ran out of the café with a broken heart.

 

 

 

After the hard slap, Yoona checked if Taeyeon was okay. The slap was really hard that it echoed throughout the whole café, leaving the workers stunned and confused if they should get involved in the lover’s quarrel.

 

 

“Unnie, gwenchana??”

 

 

“Yeah I’m okay, just a bit cut on the lips.” She waved off Yoona’s concern, not caring if they were bleeding or not although it stings a little. To her, what she had just done pains her heart a lot more that the small cut couldn’t even compare to it. Yoona let out a tired sigh and rolled her eyes.

 

 

“Taeyeon-unnie, why did you that??”

 

 

“Do what?”

 

 

“You told Jessica-unnie that we’re going out! And you guys broke up! Omg unnie are you out of your mind?!” Yoona flailed her arms up in the air in frustration.

 

“It’s all for the best, Yoona-yah.” She let out a bitter smile and grabbed her stuffs, ready to go.

 

 

“I’ll see you around Yoona, I’m going out for a bit. Bye.”

 

 

“Unnie we need to meet soon for the documents! See me at the hospital ASAP alright!!” the doctor half-shouted as the shorter girl had already went out of the café in a fast pace.

 

 

 

Taeyeon quickly ran out of the cafe and walked aimlessly. All she needed was a lungful of fresh air – or just some air, as her lungs magically couldn’t operate well at that particular time. Her mind was blank after everything that had just happened and her stoic face says it all.

 

 

After spending hours of sitting on an abandoned park bench doing nothing but just staring at the ground – because she felt like the sky was too cheerful for her, she finally got her off and hailed a cab to go to Sunny’s. Without any warning whatsoever she just got off the vehicle after paying the driver and pressed the bell numerous times.

 

 

Sunny who was cooking in the kitchen was mad someone had bothered her alone time, not to mention annoyingly pressing on her doorbell.

 

 

“Give it a break, will ya! I’m coming!! Aish people nowadays. Where them ing manners went to??” She  took off her apron and unlocked the door harshly and was ready to shout at the culprit when she got wrapped in a very tight hug.

 

 

“T-Taeyeon? What are you doing here? Are you okay?” all she got were sobs coming from the much petite girl. As if she understood what was happening, Sunny dragged the crying girl into her house and they both sat on the couch.

 

 

“Want me to make some tea, Taeng?” a nod. After brewing some strawberry hot tea, she gave one to Taeyeon and sipped on hers before facing her bestfriend.

 

 

 

“Taeng…what happened..?” Sunny was hesitant to ask, but she knew Taeyeon was really troubled because the latter rarely cries and when she does, it means big business. Taeyeon fiddled with the cup handle before speaking slowly, her voice cracking from all those crying before.

 

 

“Jessica…we-I…she broke up with me…”

 

 

“WHAT?! THAT SON OF A ! DOESN’T SHE KNOW YOUR CONDITION! I’M GONNA SMACK SOME SENSE-“

 

“No! No…I…I kinda did something that led us to that…” And so Taeyeon told Sunny everything, from A to Z, not leaving any details out, because that’s how much she trusts her best friend. After listening to the whole story, Sunny facepalmed herself and clenched her teeth in annoyance.

 

 

“Yah! How could you act so stupid like that?! To think that you even used Yoona…Heol you are really something, Kim Taeyeon. I told you to tell Jessica about this, didn’t I? And now whose fault is that? YOU.” She jabbed her finger at the blonde’s chest.

 

“Definitely you. Stupid Kim.”

 

“Y-yah. I came here because I don’t know what to do anymore, all right? But I think it’s for the best, though. Even if I do get a donor, I don’t think I’m good enough for her. It’s best that she seeks a better person than me. Help me out here, will ya?” Hearing the statement, Sunny realized that she might lose her danshin friend soon if nobody’s out there to help her. She realized that her best friend for how many years is going to leave her – not to another country where they will be able to meet, but to leave her forever. Vanish from this world. Unconsciously, tears rolled from her small eyes and made her pull Taeyeon into a bone crashing hug.

 

 

“T-Taeng. Don’t say like that…Don’t leave me too Taeng-ah..Who’s going to listen to all of my rants..? Who’s going to be my gamer buddy..? Who’s going to crack some lame, corny jokes and make my day…?” The two stayed there hugging in silent tears because nobody knew the answers to Sunny’s questions.

 

 

 

 

A/N : Hey guys! I’ve decided to cut this into three parts cuz it’s too long for me lol. Anyway a question for you peeps, do you guys still want to read ‘Sparks’? I’ve been stuck at the plot for so long, and I’ve only managed to write a quarter of a chapter which is, believe me, reaaaallly short. I just feel like the story is too cliché, my stories are ALL cliché (cuz I love it lol) but this one, I mean y’all can predict whats going to happen next and next, yknow what I mean? So I’m asking your permission to delete the story, but I’ll listen to the majority. If most of you still want it to continue, then I’ll try my best but I cant really promise you some good chapters, that’s how demotivated I am. And you guys have read my prev stories so u guys know better how I totally at endings, let along descriptions. Buttt, let me know what you think, aite?

 

 

P/s : can someone teach me how to make polls, I’m a noob lol