Accepted - sequel of Six Degrees of Separation (Krystae)

Taeyeon-centric One/Multiple Shots

A/N : To the person who requested this one-shot and asked me for the continuation, I am truly sorry for leaving you a freaking cliffhanger. I felt so bad but I couldn’t continue the shot at that time due to having no ideas at all. Now I finally finish another after three more months I am so sorry!! Take this as a token apology from me to you ahahaha J I hope it is ok for you lol. Oh and I suggest you guys to re-read the first chap which is Six Degrees Of Separation, alright??

 

 

 

When I arrived, I stumbled out of my car, not bothering to unlock it and banged on the door. The door opened, and my heart beated so fast as it has found it’s owner.

 

 

 

“S-soojung-ahhh~~ *hic* you’re so pweettyyy…” I slurred.

 

 

“T-taeyeon?!”

 

“I’mmmm sowwyy Soojungiee…Taetae is sowwyyy…”

 

 

 

“What the hell?!” was all I heard before I passed out.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Aish, why are you so freaking heavy for a girl with such a small frame??! Soojung-ah get on here and help me clean up your mess!!”
 

 

 

 

“JUNG SOOJUNG IF YOU DON’T COME DOWN THIS INSTANT I WILL EAT OF ALL YOUR MANGOES!!”

 

 

 

Sounds of hurried footsteps descending the stairs echoed throughout the house and nearing the brunette who was huffing her breath harshly after having to carry a knocked out drunk.

 

 

 

“What is it unnie I was doing my work! And I told you so many times already don’t touch my mangoes!!”

 

 

 

 

Jessica rolled her eyes and pointed uninterestedly at the couch. “Well, have a look at this yourself.” She said as she crossed her arms.

 

 

 

Krystal gave a weird look to her sister and approached the living room closer to see what her sister was all grumpy about and widened her eyes when she saw that all too familiar figure. She cupped in shock and as if it was reflex, tears began to wet her face.

 

 

 

“U-unnie…I-Is that…” Jessica dropped her arms and heaved a sigh.

 

 

 

“Yes, Soojung-ah.”

 

 

 

“G-get her out of here unnie I don’t want to see this ’s face anymore!!” Krystal shouted while clenching her fists tightly.

 

 

 

“Look, it’s already late, and as much as I hate her, I’m not that inhumane to leave her out in the cold. She’s still a woman, and drunk. God knows what will happen to her outside being like this, Soojung-ah.” Jessica said slowly, trying to coax her baby sister.

 

 

 

Krystal shut her eyes tightly in hopes to stop the tears that was clogging her vision because memories of the past was beginning to hurt her heart again. ‘After all these time…I still can’t move on from the hurt… you Kim Taeyeon..’

 

 

 

“I-I’ll be in my room, Unnie.” Jessica nodded, not wanting to aggravate the crying girl any longer.

 

 

 

“Go on, I’ll be fine. Good night Soojung-ah.” Without any reply, Krystal ran up the stairs and locked herself in her room. Unable to find any strength to continue standing up, she leaned on the door and plopped down the floor. The blonde then brought her knees close to her chest and clutched them while burying her head and sobbed the whole night.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The next morning Taeyeon woke up with a massive headache – as expected after a night of heavy drinking despite her low tolerance of alcohol. She placed a hand to massage her temple slowly and tried to open her eyes but regretted it immediately as the blinding sun ray hits her face.

 

 

 

 

“Arghh…my head hurts so much…” she groaned out loud.

 

 

 

 

“Serves you right midget. How do you even drive in that state last night?? Doing stupid things like knocking on people’s houses in the middle of the night. You’re still useless and pathetic, I see.” The familiar voice rang in Taeyeon’s ears for a few minutes before it finally registered in her brain that in front of her was the sister of her ex-girlfriend.

 

 

 

 

“J-Jessica??!”

 

 

 

Jessica let out a scoff and handed the midget some aspirins and a glass of water. “Took you long enough. Here, take these.”

 

 

 

Taeyeon looked up to the scary girl and took the pills slowly, afraid of Jessica’s glare and coldness. After feeling a bit better, she gathered all her courage to speak.

 

 

 

 

“H-How did I end up here…?”

 

 

 

You-“ The taller girl jabbed a finger on her chest, “-dared to drag your filthy here after what you have done to my sister. I would’ve left you out there last night but I’m not that ruthless.” Taeyeon hung her head low and didn’t fight back as she knew she was in the fault and she deserved all those harsh words.

 

 

 

 

Jessica dropped her arms when she realized she might’ve went overboard and hurt the midget’s feelings but she was just being protective of her younger sister. She sighed and motioned Taeyeon to stand up.

 

 

 

 

“Go and wash up a bit, I left some toiletries for you to use. Have some breakfast before you leave.” Taeyeon gave a small smile to the latter and paused to open to enquire Krystal’s whereabouts but her words got stuck in .

 

 

 

As if she was a mind reader, Jessica answered the question that has been bugging the girl’s head with her front facing the kitchen counter.

 

 

 

“If you’re wondering, Soojung’s out buying groceries.”

 

 

 

A smile latched onto Taeyeon’s face as she walked to the bathroom and muttered a grateful “Thank you” to the brunette.

 

 

 

 

 

The breakfast was hella awkward. One was eating her food quietly while the other has a certain someone clouding her mind. Taeyeon’s movements stopped abruptly as she heard someone yell “I’m home!” and the door creaked open. Her heart stopped as her eyes made direct contact with Krystal who was holding a brown paper bag full of groceries.

 

 

 

 

“S-Soojung…”

 

 

 

Krystal looked surprised, obviously not liking the view in front of her. She glared to Jessica who was watching their “drama” with an amused face on.

 

 

 

“Unnie! Didn’t I tell you to get rid of her BEFORE I come back?!?”

 

 

 

 

The older girl just shrugged her shoulders and put her cereal bowl inside the sink before heading upstairs, “Well, it isn’t nice to chase someone out of the house just like that, so I offered her breakfast.”

 

 

 

 

Realising that there was no use lashing out on her sister, she hardened her glare as she faced Taeyeon once more. “And you, how dare you sit in my house after all the that you have done to me? Have you no shame? Or were you here to mock me? To spit on my face after you cheated on me?? Is it fun Kim Taeyeon?! Huh?! Is it fun to check on me to see whether I have suffered enough?! You ing cheater!!”

 

 

 

A loud slap echoed throughout the whole house. Anyone who witnessed the incident would’ve pitied Taeyeon because a fine red hand print was marked upon her flawless, milky face, slightly cutting her lips and making it bleed a little. Taeyeon held her right cheek, but the stinging pain wasn’t her utmost concern that moment. The fact that Krystal was in front of her, chest rising up and down in post adrenaline state as if she had done something she wanted to do a long time ago and droplets of salty tears stained the younger girl’s face was what that planted thorns in Taeyeon’s heart.

 

 

 

 

 

Her Soojung. Crying. Taeyeon immediately felt like the biggest jerk on earth, second after her cheating on the latter being the first. Her mind drifted back to the days they started dating, how was full of sweet talk and promises to both of the Jung siblings on to never make Soojung cry. But she broke it all. In the cruelest way a human could ever do in a relationship.

 

 

 

 

The black-haired girl’s eyes were starting to water too. The two stayed there, standing for a few moments before Taeyeon blindly rushed in for a hug. As expected, Krystal fought hard against the latter’s hold but Taeyeon’s grip on her was too strong. There was a reason why Taeyeon was the one wearing the pants in their relationship before.

 

 

 

 

Krystal screamed, cursed, punched, struggled, and did everything a girl could do in a state of distress, but Taeyeon stood firm in her ground.

 

 

 

“Let it all out on me. I know I deserve this.” Was all Taeyeon whispered. And it effectively shut the girl’s tantrum like a control switch, but her tears never stopped falling.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Soojung-“

 

 

 

“Krystal. It’s Krystal to you. Only closed ones can call me Soojung.” Ouch. Taeyeon flinched when she heard the cold, chilly voice coming from Krystal but she wasn’t going to give up. No. Not when she’s already made it this far, gathered all her courage to actually knock on the door of Krystal’s house and got so much more than that. Not when she finally got to see – meet, and talk to her love after a few dreadful months. Not when she found solace just by staring at the younger girl’s face, calming every piece of her heart and mind after long, tiring nights.

 

 

 

 

Even if she will only get hurt by Soojung’s responses, Taeyeon felt that she shouldn’t stop. Because what she did before is totally something that one could not forgive nor forget that easily.

 

 

 

“Soo-I mean, Krystal...Can we talk?” The taller, blonde girl just rolled her eyes and crossed her arms, looking at anywhere else but Taeyeon.

 

 

 

 

“Please….Soojung…”

 

 

 

 

Krystal inhaled a lungful of air before exhaling them all at once. “I’m sorry, no I shouldn’t be, but I can’t stand talking to you right now Taeyeon..Please, leave me alone.”

 

 

 

 

Taeyeon’s hopeful eyes lost its spark a little, but was replaced by a different type of spark – determination.

 

 

 

“Okay, I’ll give you space Soojung-ah. But before I go, I just want you to know that I am really, really sorry about what I had done. I know you will find me stupid after saying this, but…I still love you.. A lot. And I actually never stopped. The days after you left…I was a mess. Physically and mentally. Hasn’t come a day that I don’t regret the stupidest thing one could ever do – cheat on you. There’s nothing to explain, I really did you wrong, I admit that. And I know you must think that if I had a conscience I would leave you alone. Trust me, I do want to spare you the pain…. But I love you. Too much that I couldn’t live without you. I’m saying that I want you back, Soojung-ah. It may take years for me to regain your trust, and if there’s still anything, even the slightest bit of feelings you still hold towards me, I would gladly accept it wholeheartedly until the end of my life. I love you, Soojung-ah. And I promise you that this is not the end. I’m chasing you back.”

 

 

                                                                                                                                      

Smooch.

 

 

 

A subtle peck landed on the younger girl’s cheek.

 

 

 

All Krystal could do is stand still after Taeyeon’s words and actions and watch the latter’s back turn on her as she went further from her vision.

 

 

 

 

 

 

It was a Sunday evening and Krystal Jung Soojung was happily eating a strawberry ice cream with a bit taller guy with a suave hairdo by her side. They looked like they were having a date, with constant giggles every now and then, unaware of a pair of burning eyes in jealousy watching them from afar.

 

 

 

Sensing that she should not wait any longer, the spying girl quickly purchased a mango flavored ice cream at a nearby ice cream parlor and caught up to the couple.

 

 

 

 

A tap on the taller girl’s shoulder is all that it takes to have Krystal’s eyes on her. Krystal turned around at the sudden touch and was surprised at seeing the all too familiar, grinning face.

 

 

 

 

“Taeyeon??”

 

 

 

 

“I’m pretty sure you like mango more than strawberry right? Here, have this. I bought it for you.” Taeyeon flashed a charming smile and smirked a little when she saw the dumbfounded expression on the guy’s face.

 

 

 

 

Krystal furrowed her eyebrows and shook her head. “No thanks, I’m fine with this. What do you want, Taeyeon?”

 

 

 

 

Taeyeon’s pride hurt a bit when Krystal blatantly rejected her small offer of ice cream. It might mean nothing much, but it is one baby step towards reaching her heart back.

 

 

 

 

The slightly shorter girl cracked a small smile, but Krystal wasn’t blind to see the sudden hurt that flashed through her eyes.

 

 

 

 

 

“Can we talk?” Taeyeon glanced at the lanky guy beside Krystal before continuing, “…in private, please?”

 

 

 

 

 

Krystal felt torn as she darted her brown eyes between Taeyeon and Kai, her date. She wasn’t oblivious to Kai’s feelings for her but Krystal thought the date as a friendly one as Kai had helped her a lot through the days after Taeyeon cheated on her. Despite that, Kai respected her decision on not interested in being a relationship and decided to just be by Krystal’s side. The younger Jung bit her lips in frustration. She would feel bad to skip on Kai but at the same time, her heart was pounding with much anticipation on what Taeyeon has to say. After all these months, the stubborn organ still beats rapidly when close to its owner. She hates to admit it, but she’s a stupid fool. Only for Kim Taeyeon.

 

 

 

 

Krystal formed an apologetic smile and faced Kai, “Jongin I’m really sorry but I can skip on this one? I promise I will replace this date on another day.”

 

 

 

The grey-haired guy nodded in understanding and waved Krystal good bye. Hearing the word “replace” and “date” made Taeyeon jealous, angry, and sad. Jealous, because the ridiculous haired guy is close with Soojung. Angry, because it was her fault for making Soojung go. Sad, because she could’ve been the one on the dates with Soojung.

 

 

 

 

 

After Kai left, Krystal tucked in one of her hand in her jeans pocket and motioned Taeyeon to speak up.

 

 

 

 

“So..?”

 

 

 

 

Taeyeon was pretty sure she was confident in pursuing her ex, but her self-esteem crumbled a little when she was left alone with the real mission. ‘I guess seeing the guy riles me up, that’s why I was on fire just now..Come on Kim, you can do this!’

 

 

 

“Uhh…do you want ice cream?” The older girl said while handing Krystal the mango flavored ice cream conevshe offered earlier.

 

 

 

Krystal rolled her eyes and let out her infamous poker face, letting Taeyeon know that she should just get straight to the point.

 

 

 

 

“U-Umm….Okayh..Here goes nothing…Soojung…I was being honest with my words the other day…Can we please..start over..? It doesn’t necessarily have to be us getting back together straightaway into a relationship…Maybe…just give me another chance to take your heart back.” The black-haired girl made the saddest puppy face she could ever muster in hopes of melting the younger girl. Well, at least it definitely worked back when they were still dating.

 

 

 

Krystal stayed silent but Taeyeon still had hope because the girl hasn’t called her out for calling her ‘Soojung’. After a few dreadful seconds, Krystal finally replied.

 

 

 

“Fine. How do you suggest we do that?”

 

 

 

The shorter girl did not bother to hide her glee and jumped in joy, making Krystal shake her head, wondering why she decided to say yes to the dork.

 

 

 

“Okay. Ehem, my name is Kim Taeyeon. I’m 27 years old, and currently working as an architect. Despite that, I was a fool for breaking- “

 

 

 

The older girl’s words were cut off as Krystal gently pressed a finger on her lips and shook her head as a sign of protest. Taeyeon’s shoulders slumped in disappointment and pouted her lips sadly.

 

 

 

 

“Wae?? Is something wrong?”

 

 

 

 

 

“When I agreed to us starting over, I meant, really, starting over. I wanna know you all over again, and you will have to do the same. I don’t want to know what you have done, all that. I don’t want the past to repeat, so we’re going to do this slowly. And oh, you have to court me again. FYI, I have plenty of guys chasing after me, and Jongin just now is only one of them.” Krystal said smugly.

 

 

 

Taeyeon just smirked at the blonde’s words. “Oh really? Challenge accepted. I will threaten each and every one of them who dares to go close to you, making you realize that only I could be with you. Heh.”

 

 

 

“Yah!!” A slap on Taeyeon’s shoulder but both soon broke into laughter after they realize how stupid Taeyeon’s statement was.

 

 

 

 

 

“Ehem, okay, Jung Soojung, will you go out on a date with this dork right now?” Taeyeon offered Krystal her right palm.

 

 

 

 

 

“Now as in right now??” The black-haired girl nodded and flashed a grin.

 

 

 

 

Krystal then took the soft hand in hers and returned a heartwarming smile. “Okay, I’ll accept this date, Kim Taeyeon.”