Yoontae III (END)

Taeyeon-centric One/Multiple Shots

Yoontae III

 

 

 

‘Unnie…with that guy again..I know I should’ve moved on, but it’s not easy you know? And it still hurts..Argh.. I shouldn’t have taken that route home anyway.’ Yoona clenched her shirt while her tears wetting her face. The girl then walked home in hopes of sleeping her pain away.

 

 

A week later

 

“Yah Kim Taeyeon! I know you’re my boss and all but the customers need their orders! Come on man, what’s wrong with you nowadays?” Sooyoung’s voice woke the blonde girl up from her trance.  Taeyeon who was holding a cup in one hand and a cover of it on the other hand got surprised and spilt some of the hot drink to her shirt.

 

“Huh-aish! Damn it Soo, what was that for??” the short blonde quickly took some tissue on the counter before furiously wiping her clothes.

 

“It’s not my fault, midget. You could’ve been more attentive with Yoona’s absence but somehow you keep on getting distracted or space out most of the time. What’s up man? We’ve been buddies for years now, you know you could tell me anything, no?” Sooyoung said after handing the customer a new cup of beverage. Taeyeon heaved a sigh and grabbed a stool before sitting on it.

 

“I-I…I don’t know what’s going on with me, Soo. It’s like, I’m missing something. A part of me-somehow I feel kinda empty.”

 

“Hmm, maybe it’s because you missed the choding?” Taeyeon widened her eyes and slapped her friend’s thigh slightly.

 

“N-no way! It’s just that she’s been pestering me all day for months and the attention suddenly stopped. Yeah, that’s why.” The midget nodded to herself. Sooyoung smirked at the still oblivious girl and wriggled her eyebrows.

 

“So, you mean you do like the attention she showers you with, huh?” Taeyeon huffed at the question and turned her back on the tall shikshin.

 

 

“I said no, didn’t I? Hmph I hate you. Go back to work.” Sooyoung just chuckled at the now pouting Taeyeon and made her way to the counter, attending a new customer.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

    It was break time and Taeyeon’s body was aching from all of the work she did, especially with customers barging in during peak times. She knew the job was rather exhausting compared to a normal office job, but she loved it nonetheless. The aroma of coffee, the excitement of baking cakes and creating new recipes was what that had keep her going. Her café wasn’t that big, nor was it too small. She had two other workers, Nana and Bora but the two were on a week off as they had just gotten married. Her workers were worried that they couldn’t handle the cafe when it was too crowded but Taeyeon shoo-ed them away and asked them to bring back souvenirs after their honeymoon holiday.

 

     The blonde stretched herself, feeling every crack of her bones in her petite body and grasp a lungful of fresh air at the park near her café where she had met Leeteuk before. ‘I need to hire more workers so I could have a day off. We’re doing well anyways.’ Taeyeon made a mental note to herself. Meanwhile, Yoona was walking home from school, with her long brown hair falling oh so beautifully on her shoulders. Despite the beauty and elegant she displayed, inside her heart she was itching to go back home faster because she was so tired from all of the extra classes and club activities at school. Her driver’s car had broken down and she had to walk the extra mile as she doesn’t want to trouble anybody. The doe-eyed girl had to take the path where Taeyeon’s café was situated because it’s nearer and safer as the other road has dark alleys and she was afraid to take a risk. Furthermore, her uniform’s drenched with sweat under the hot weather so she couldn’t wait to go home and have some ice cold beverage.

 

         Yoona had forgotten that her one-sided crush’s workplace was on her way home because her mind’s equipped with school work. Actually she forced herself to indulge in school activities more as she had wanted to take her mind off her unrequited love. It did take most of her time, though at night before she goes to sleep, a certain blonde’s baby face will appear in mind, only to shake her head off those thoughts. The tall girl was wandered her doe eyes around the park she was walking by when suddenly her eyes met Taeyeon’s who was stretching her body backwards. The shorter girl almost fall down if not for her quick reflexes after her hazel eyes widening when she saw the person who’s been bugging her mind a lot lately.

 

      Yoona was surprised too, and her heart started beating fast as she caught a glimpse of Taeyeon. The two shared stares before Yoona broke away the eye contact first, looking down at the ground while brisk-walking to overpass Taeyeon. ‘Don’t come after me, don’t come after me, don’t come after me…please..’ The high school girl chanted in her mind and walked as fast as she could with her eyes closed, her hands clutching on both sides of her bag straps. The older girl blinked in surprise and straightened up her shirt which had rose due to her stretching exercises before calling out to the fleeing brunette.

 

“W-wait, Yoona! Yoona-ah, please, stop!” Taeyeon quickened her pace and managed to grab a hold of Yoona’s shoulder, pulling her. The impact of the tug made the girl’s body turn towards her. The younger girl was shocked by the sudden pull and cursed inside for allowing the older one to catch up to her.

 

 

“Why..*pants*..are you running away from me?” Yoona avoided eye contact and muttered slowly but still audible to Taeyeon.

 

“I’m not..I’m just rushing home..That’s all.” The slightly shorter girl rolled her eyes at the answer.

 

“So why haven’t you dropped by at the café anymore, hmm?” the brunette was still trying to calm her beating heart of the thoughts of actually conversing with her crush and mentally told herself to get over this annoying feeling.

 

“I-I just got busy with school.” ‘Yup, keep it cold and short. Don’t stutter dammit.’

 

“Yeah, yeah, you tell me that. Both of us know that you don’t really like school anyway. Are you actually trying to avoid me?” Taeyeon suppressed her laugh. Her actions made Yoona slightly angry because she thought that the other person thinks of all this as a joke.

“Does it even matter to you if I AM avoiding you? Huh? Do you even care? It’s not like I’m your girlfriend anyway. Go back to your boyfriend, unnie.” Yoona’s harsh words caught Taeyeon off guard. She didn’t think that the younger girl would answer her like this.

 

“H-hey, Leeteuk is not my boyfriend. And never will be ‘cause I have no more feelings for him.” The reply from the blonde made the taller girl’s heart flutter a bit, only to be disheartened again because she knew despite her crush is still available, she’d never get the chance to be with her. ‘All she thinks of me is a high school brat, and a dongsaeng to play with. Sigh.’

 

“It’s none of my business whether you have a boyfriend or not, is it? Goodbye unnie, I won’t bother you anymore. I’m sorry for always bugging you during your working hours. Take care.” Yoona bowed a little to the older girl and quickly walked away to hide her falling tears.

 

Taeyeon was unable to react at the sudden confession and stood at the walking path, stunned. After Yoona’s figure was not visible to her eyes anymore, she let out a frustrated sigh and ruffled her hair furiously.

 

“…arghh what did she mean with that statement??!”

 

 

 

 

 

       That night the 24 year old blonde was unable to get a shut eye. She tossed and turned her body restlessly on her bed full of dookoongs, her favorite toy plushie. She gave up on sleeping and put both of her hands below her head and stared at the ceiling of her room. Her mind kept on replaying what the doe-eyed girl had said to her earlier. ‘None of my business, huh? Hmm she’s right.but why am I behaving like this?’ Taeyeon’s mind travelled back to the days where she first met Yoona, how the latter constantly bugging her for dates, buying her gifts and pestering her during her work shifts. Her thoughts diverted to Yoona’s appearance when she saw her. ‘Damn she was a goddess. Her flawless milky fair skin and her never ending legs, the baby fat under her eyes that makes her look cuter, the way opens wide like an alligator when she laughs so hard and her eyes twitches a little, her thin, kissable lips…’ Taeyeon unconsciously traced her lips slowly while thinking how would it be if she were to taste those pouty lips. The girl shook her head furiously and slapped her cheeks when she realized what she was dreaming about. ‘The hell Kim! She’s five years younger than you!’’ But her very own heart betrayed her mind when it beats faster at the thoughts of a certain brunette. Taeyeon placed a hand on her beating heart, in hope that it would calm down while trying to figure out why it was acting that way.

 

“ I like the kid….”

 

“Oh my gosh I like Yoona…”

 

“I’m in love with a teenager!”

 

“God please don’t punish me..”

 

Taeyeon had a sleepless night after she figured out the culprit behind all of her problems these past days – from lack of concentration in her work to constant spacing out during any activities she did. That morning she woke up, eye bags decorating her small eyes and pale face. Despite that, she was determined to solve her mess. The girl washed up and put on a pair of sunglasses to hide her eye bags before driving off to her café. Upon arriving, she dashed to the kitchen to look for the giant shikshin.

 

 

“Sooyoung-ah, which school did you say Yoona went to?” Sooyoung who was munching on a cream puff let out a smirk with crumbs staining .

 

“Hm sho youh finallyi knuw whut been bothheriung youh huh?” Ther shorter girl looked up to the girl, disgusted with her talking with full as food crumbs are spitting out of .

 

“Yah! Swallow the goddamned food first! I don’t want my café to get closed because it’s being dirtied by your greediness! And faster tell me where is her school!”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Geez, no need to be that mad when you want to find your lover. It’s Seirin Girls High School. And what’s with the shades-“ her words got cut off because Taeyeon had already ran to her car and turn on the ignition.

 

“*sigh*…you’re welcome!!” Sooyoung shouted to nobody.

 

 

 

       It was recess time at Seirin Girls High School. Flocks of students rushed to the canteen to grab some food to fulfil their hunger and recover from fatigue, some went to the library to study, and some stayed in class to get some sleep they were unable to cover because of too much work. Meanwhile, a huge group of students gathered in a circle and was noisy enough to attract people’s attention.

 

 

“Yoona unnie! I brought a lunchbox for you!”

 

“Senpai, will you be my girlfriend?”

 

“Yoona please go out on a date with me?” and many more requesting Yoona’s attention on them.

 

       Being physically gifted and kind, the said girl collected many fans – mainly fangirls as she is schooling in an all-girls school, and has a few fanclubs under her name. Her beauty is no joke as neighboring schools often drop by just to catch a glimpse of her. While she was busy attending to her fans, a certain short blonde had arrived at the school just in time to see many girls trying to land a kiss on the one she’s been dying to see. Rage accumulated in her petite body as she marched towards the crowded bunch.

 

“Move along now, scums!” everyone present stood in silence as a loud voice booms among them.  Yoona was curious about the person who had managed to silence the crowd when suddenly her hand was pulled firmly and her lips met a soft one. Her doe-eyes could not get any bigger when she realized the owner of the lips pressed tightly against hers. The shorter girl then broke the kiss and held Yoona’s hands.

 

“W-what…why are you doing this..unnie..?”

 

“Yoona-yah, I’ve been in denial all these while and I hope you could give me another chance.” The brunette tilted her head in confusion although she felt her heart was going to burst out of her ribcage anytime soon anticipating what Taeyeon has got to say.

 

“I..my mind was a mess these past days after you stopped dropping by. At first I thought it was merely the workload but then Sooyoung mentioned that it may have something to do with you, but still I kept on denying. I did not want to be associated with you.” Taeyeon felt the girl was trying to loosen her hands out of her grasp but she tightened her hold.

 

“After our two coincidental meetings, especially after yesterday’s, I began to rack my brain as to why I’m getting restless at the thought of you. And…I found out..I-I..I like you, Yoona-yah. I really do. I’m so sorry for constantly ignoring and making fun of your feelings towards me because now I finally understood. I..hope.. you’d give me another chance?” Taeyeon pleaded.

 

   Yoona felt overwhelmed by the older girl’s actions and immediately pressed her lips to show her gratitude. “Yes, unnie..thank you for accepting me.” She mumbled in between their kiss. The crowd ‘aww-ed’ at the scene while some fled because they got their heart broken.

 

 

“YES! Hahaha thank you baby!” Taeyeon showered her new girlfriend’s face with flowery kisses to show her love. Yonna blushed at the boldness of the older girl displaying her affection in public but enjoyed it nonetheless.

 

 

 

 

 

 

“But Taeyeon unnie, why are you wearing shades?”

 

 

 

 

A/N : Omg I at endings, I’m sooo sorry! Hm just wondering if any of you want to be my co-author? Not necessarily an author, just maybe to spare me some ideas? Because honestly I keep on getting writer’s block and my writing is already horrible enough as it is… Lol anyway seotae is up next! (I think) But that is after I’ve finished Taeny’s aite? As for other pairings, wait up! Taengsic hm I have another on going story bout them so I won’t be writing about that pair in this one-yet. Krystae, taeyeonxyou in progress. All of these not confirmed yet okay! Bye!