Chapter 24

Does it matter?

Yoongi took a cab home while Seokjin insisted that he’ll take the bus (with Jungkook following him like a dog, just like the old times).

They’re sitting in the bus stop, with Seokjin scrolling through his phone’s inbox. He wished he bought a smart phone, and maybe he could check his social media while he purposely ignored the presence of the younger boy next to him.

“Jin hyung, I’m sorry…” He heard Jungkook say. He flips his phone shut before he placed it back to his pocket.

“Yoongi broke up with me.”

“Yeah…” Jungkook scratched the back of his head before he ruffled his hair. “I know. He told me before.”

Seokjin scoffed. “You told him to do it, didn’t you?”

“What?“

“You told him to break up with me. You hated me right? You told me you hate me. It’s only reasonable for you to ruin our relationship like that.”

There’s something in Seokjin’s stomach. Anger, frustration, desperation, and he’s not sure to whom these feelings are for. He’s not sure if it’s for him or to Jungkook but he had enough. He wants this to stop already, he spent too much years hating and blaming himself. He wants to be happy for once.

So he tried to put the blame to Jungkook. He tried to convince himself that it’s Jungkook’s fault. He can be happy with Yoongi for ’s sake, but he really had to have unnecessary feelings for the younger and he wants it gone.

“I would never do that!”

“Oh no, you would.” Seokjin turned to look at Jungkook. “You would do that.”

“I would never.” The younger male stared at him in shock, “Jin hyung, I don’t hate you. I didn’t know what to do so I said those words to you. I…”

“Then why did you show up?!” Seokjin yells, his veins popping out from his neck, catching the attention of the people in the bus stop. “Yoongi would never do that! He loves me!”

 The younger male stared up at him in shock and fear. His eyes wide and eyebrows furrowed in confusion. He remained still for few seconds before he pushed himself up from his chair.

He stood in front of Seokjin slapped him across his cheek. He doesn’t care if he’s five years younger at this point.

 “But you don’t love him.” He hisses under his breathe, anger and pain reflecting in his doe eyes that used to hold so much love and respect for the older. “You just used him.”  

Seokjin looked up at him with wide eyes, his hand cupping his reddening cheek. It took him a moment before he realized what just happened, pushing himself up to face Jungkook. Jungkook who used to be a small child is almost as tall as him and it made him step back. Hesitation and fear eating up his gut.  

“Jungkook.” He hisses, voice laced with anger to warn the younger. “Watch your mouth. You don’t know what you’re talking about.”

Jungkook glared up at him. “I know what I’m talking about, hyung. You don’t love him and you’re just being a selfish for keeping him because you want to use him to cover your feelings for me.”

“Jungkook, I said watch your mouth.”

“Why? Because you’re guilty? Can’t stand hearing the truth? You’re a whole new level of an if you go back to him. You’re just playing with his feelings.”

“What do you know?! You’re just a—“

“I’m not a kid anymore! I know what I’m saying!”

Whatever Seokjin was about to say died in his throat. Jungkook never yelled at him like this.

He takes a deep breath before he drops back down to his seat, covering his face with his hands. Out of embarrassment and guilt. “Just go back home, Jungkook. I can go home alone.”

“No.”

“Jungkook, please. I’m not in the mood to argue with you right now.”

“But I…I promised Yoongi hyung that I’ll stay with you no matter what.”

Seokjin can feel Jungkook go back to the seat next to him. “I promised Yoongi hyung that I’ll stay even if you push me away.”

“Jungkook you’re seventeen. You’re…too young.”

“Okay.” Jungkook takes a deep breath, pulling Seokjin’s hands off his face to look at him, “Okay. I’ll be turning eighteen in three months. If…if I still feel the same about you will you stop being hard on yourself? Will you give me a chance?”

Seokjin almost laughed at that. Almost. He studied Jungkook’s expression and he looked like he’s about to enter a battlefield with how determined he is.

“Three months is a short time, Jungkook. Your feelings won’t change in three months.”

The younger boy shook his head, “No, hyung. I’ve had these feelings for you before you left me to go to college. Hell, maybe even way before that. I honestly don’t remember a single day where I don’t love you.”

Jungkook’s voice was soft, he squeezed the older male’s hand and Seokjin felt conflicted. He doesn’t want to let go of the younger now.

He shut his eyes closed to remind him of where he stands. He’s five years older, he needed to be more responsible than this. And Yoongi just broke up with him, he can’t do this. He needed to say no.

“You wouldn’t listen even if I say no, won’t you?”

When Seokjin opened his eyes, he saw Jungkook’s small and hopeful smile. He felt his heart leap out from his chest.

Just this once, he wants to be happy.

               

-x-

 

Yoongi unlocked the door to their room and he was greeted by Hoseok in a bear onesie, practicing their new dance routine in their unbelievably small living room.

“Oh! Yoongi hyung!” He smiled, literally radiating an actual sunlight, “a package arrived for you. It’s in the dining table. I kept it there so Namjoon wouldn’t touch it. It says it’s fragile.”

“Thanks.” Yoongi murmured, taking his shoes off in the doorway and placed it on the shoe rack. He walked to the dining area and saw a box in the middle.

He sits on the chair before he opens it (with difficulty). Hoseok was already standing behind him when he took out the content of the box.

“A new smart phone?” Hoseok blinked, “Didn’t you just bought one two weeks ago? And it’s the same model too… did they send you a wrong package?”

Yoongi inspected the phone carefully before he turned it on. “No. I bought this.”

“Is that for someone? Oooh, is that for Jin hyung?”

Yoongi stared at the welcome message on the screen of the phone. “Yeah, but it’s mine now.”