JONGHYUN : LOGIC AND DOUBT

To Find You, My Happiness

ANY CHANGE, EVEN A CHANGE FOR BETTER,

IS ALWAYS ACCOMPANIED BY DRAWBACKS AND DISCOMFORT

=========================================================================================================================

 

I lie in the beach while beholding at Yoona who is laughing cheerfully and playing with the sands. She’s like a kids who find a new toy after I told her the miracle of this beach. They called this beach ‘Kotobikihama’ or ‘Koto-playing beach’. This beach is special because ‘Nakisuna’ or the sands can makes a musical or singing sounds when you walk on it.

I’m glad when she is happy  like now and her pretty face suit the best with a smile. Anyway talking about her face, I swear that I didn’t know the crazy thought came from where before! All I know that I was so mad and in the next second I kissed Yoona, my bestfriend! Of all kind of punishment, why did I choosed to kiss her? Even it was a passionate one, lover kiss!!! Not only in her lips but all over her face and neck!!! Lucky me, simple-minded Yoona thought that I only wanted to tickle her. I got my sense back at the time when I heard her laugh.

“JONGHYUN!!! You’re right, I can hear the sounds. Kaja, play with me.”

“Shireo!! It’s too Childish.”

“Joy-Killer!!!”

She is approaching  me and slap my arms, she used to do that when she is upset. I have no choice than to follow her before she’ll continuously slap or hit me.

“We can make more sounds with the more people. The sounds is beautiful.” She smoothly walk or exactly dance in the sands.

She love dance since she could stand with her feet. Under the blue sky and white crystal sands her dance looks mesmerizing. I never imagine my bestfriend grew up beautifully like this.

I only heard about Yoona from someone who I asked to take care Yoona nine years ago but then he never contacted me for this past two years. Accidentally or I should say fortunately, I could still heard about her from Minho, although Minho didn’t know about us. I have reason to kept my distance with her, but nine years of parting was not easy. She is my first friend and I love her…as my bestfriend of course. I used to kiss her like that when we were child and I carried away by the situation.

Maybe… maybe because I miss her so much so it was normal if I kissed her.

Really???

TT!!! It was not the first time, but it was exactly the fourth time I feel an urge to kiss her!

First, when she hugged me tightly yesterday morning. I didn’t realize that I fell asleep in her room. When she woke up and look at me, her face was so close with me. I can saw clearly her brown doe eyes, her nose, flawless face and… kissable pink lip. The second time was at the party last night, she is stunningly beautiful in kimono. The third time was very embarrassing. I saw her body and I was tempted to kiss her. But still, I could control myself at those times.

But this morning…

What the hell happened with me? What is this feeling?

Although you’re not sure that she is know or not that you are her childhood friend, but for God’s sake, YOU KNOW SHE IS YOUR BESTFRIEND!!!

It’s absolutely wrong and not normal if you want to kiss your bestfirend! What kind of friend you are Jonghyun! Stop thinking about that!!!

“Jonghyun-ah, stop daydreaming! Lunch is ready, we should go back to the cottage.”

I let her hold my hands and drag me to the cottage. Start now, it’s better to shove away your crazy-stupid-unnecessary thing in your mind Jonghyun. Enjoy your time with her.

+++++++++

“Yoona, don’t against me. You should sleep now!”

“Shireo…!!! If I sleep now, then I’ll miss to see the sunset.”

“I’ll wake up you at the time. Sleep now! Aren’t you tired now?”

“But I’m not tired yet. Let’s play in the beach again.”

“Go to bed now before I myself will do it with my own way!”

“Shireooo… catch me if you can!”

“Yoonaaa…!!!” And she run away to the beach.

I’ll explain to you before you are more confused, What is happening now and how come there is an father-daughter conversation. We had eaten our lunch and I’m chasing Yoona now, who stubbornly don’t want to sleep eventhough I can clearly see the dark-circle in her eyes. She only slept less than 3 hours last night. It’s look like I’m taking care a kid now.

“Got you!”

Finally I catch her after some minutes of chasing her. I’m surprised that she is very agile. Before she could run away again, I lift her and put her in my right shoulder.

“Put me down Jonghyun-ah! Put me down! It’s embarrassing! Your guards see us now!”

“You should think about that before you teased me”

She continuously slaps my back but fortunately we already in her room. I put her in the bed slowly. But she quickly stand up and starting to sneak out from her room. Sigh, I cath her and trap her in my embrace.

“You better sleep now Yoona! Don’t force me to hug you while you’re sleeping later, so that you can run away again.” I seriously will do that, she give me no choice after all.

“Fine, I’ll sleep now. Why do you always threaten me since this morning? Are you going to kiss me again?” Although she is only joking but I’m a bit taken aback with her words. She still remember that I kissed her this morning.

“Stop talking, sleep now.” It’s better to end that topic now.

“My lullabye?” She cutely whining at me. Actually, it’s strange for a mature (maybe) woman like her who can’t sleep without lullabye.

“As you wish princess.”

“Don’t call me princess. I’m not Shiro!” She is pouting while close her eyes. Kyeopta!!!

I sing her favourite lullabye and slowly she already in her dreamland. I hope she don’t get any nightmare again. Eomma and Hani Imo told me before that she usually scream every night after the accident in her birthday.

Hei Yoona-yah, do you know how happy I’m now? I never expected that I will meet you again. I really thought that you have forgotten everything about me. You promised to me that you will be back after you are strong enough. But you never came back. I still remember the unexpected call from Eomma several days ago. A call that brought me to meet you.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

FLASHBACK…….

It was a hard day after nonstop meeting and party with the entire colleagues of Lee Family. Hongkong and China is the basic of our family business empire. Exactly, those meeting and party supposed to keep the good-relationship among my family and our colleagues. But it turned out to be annoyed because they were so busy to introduce their daughter to me than talking about our family business. I knew this would be happen, that’s why I always avoiding this party every year. Unfortunately My parent is in America while uncle Heejun and aunt Hani still in mourn because the death of my cousin, so I had no other choice. After some hours finally I could escape from that mess. I was in the middle of sleeping and it’s midnight when my phone ring.

“What???” I answer the phone lazily. I didn’t pay attention to who was calling me.

“LEE JONGHYUN!!! How dare you answer your mother rudely like this!”

I immediately fully awake when I heard my mother yelled at me.

“Gomen Okaa-san.”

“Don’t do that again! Anyway I want you to get ready now, your plane will departure at 2am. You should be at Incheon on the plane that will departure to Japan at 7pm.”

“Okaa-san, let me take some rest. I’ll go to Japan as soon as I can tomorrow.”

I truly need a rest at the time and I really wonder what was the urgent thing that made my mother called me in the middle of night.

“No Jonghyun dear. I need you to protect someone. She is the heir of one of Murakami’s pendant and she come to Japan alone. Remember, she is very special especially to you and I only trust her to none other person than you. You’ll meet her at Incheon. She take the same flight with you to Japan. Activate the GPS track of the pendant, although actually it’s unnecessary. Because I’m sure you will recognize her at the time when you saw her later. Believe me, you will regret if you don’t go NOW!”

At the time, I was confused why my mother really eager and why she is special to me. Before I realized, my mother already ended the call. Once again, I have no choice.

So, here I am seven hours later, on the plane which will departure to Narita International Airport in Japan. I activated special GPS track of Murakami pendant. I’m lucky because the device showed to me that she was near me. There are four girl around me, two girl sit in front of me, a girl behind me and the last, she is my seatmate. I watch them carefully, the four of them came at the same time before. Suddenly, I hear a familiar voice although I wasn’t sure where I ever heard that voice but it is enough to shift my attention to none other than my seatmate. Seriously??? Ice cream??? In uncertain weather like this?? She would get sick for sure!! Unconciously I stared at her.

“Wae? You know, my body adapt easily with new environment.So I will not get sick.”

I stunned for a seconds, How did she know what’s in my mind??? And surprisingly, for a girl she had a big appetite.

Saveral minutes later, because I am hungry , I order an extra spicy curry. It’s better than the other in the list which I'm sure tasteless. When I was about to eat, I see that she is staring at me, like she want to protest about my choice. I swear, somehow I know what was in her mind just by looking at her eyes. And those round brown eyes seem familiar to me.

“Waeyo? For your information, I didn’t eat last night and I used to eat spicy food. So there will be no problem with my stomach okay.”

At the moment I hear her laugh, I know that what I said was the answer for her mind question, like she did before at me. So we are laughing together now, wondering how could two strangers can read each others mind like this? And I wonder at myself, how could I laugh so freely like that?

After that she is trying to be friend with me, but I reject her. I know she isn’t like other girls who wanted to be my friends so that they can flirt or seduce me to be their boyfriend, she is truly just want to be my friend, I could see it in her eyes. But that was dangerous for her. I always avoiding to have friends, although some people was stubborn and force me to be their friend. Being the heir of two powerful family means you will be the target of their enemies.

Let me explain to you. My mother, Azuka Murakami is the second child in Murakami family. But, twenty two years ago my uncle Shinichi Murakami who was my mother older brother and his family died in an accident. So she is the last Murakami left and made me automatically being the heir of Murakami. Murakami family is an old noble family and they are the richest in Japan. They have a large connection to underground, politic, business and others field. Murakami always protected by the biggest and strongest Yakuza clan also feared by other family clan. In other words, if they want, they could made Japan in chaos only in the count of minutes.

My father, Lee Nam Gyu is the the eldest son and the one who control Lee’s business empire. He is a good man, very discipline and handle everything with iron hand. He is well known in Hongkong and China because he always help poor people and especially they who wants to get out from underground world. That’s why he is being respected by everyone, but that’s also made him got many enemies. Fortunately, they can touch my father. Lee family is the biggest and dominate more than seventy percent company in China, Hongkong and some companies in USA and Europe. So our enemies are powerless than Lee family.

Because I’m the only heir from Lee and Murakami family, our enemies really afraid if I can unite the two family and become the most powerful family in East Asia, even in the whole Asia, especially when we are bestfriend with Im family which is the richest family in Korea. Our family enemies tried to kill me many times, but I’m lucky I’m still alive until now. That’s why I don’t want to have any people close to me and being killed because of me.

My kyuline brothers are the only exception. Changmin is the son of the number one yakuza clan in Japan, his family is bestfriend with Murakami family, while Kyuhyun is the heir of big company in USA. Minho is the son of Korean minister of army for your information, he is trained very well in army since he was child and Joonmyun is a leader of street fighters who we meet in Korea, second in the heir list of Kim family in Korea. Because they are strong enough to protect themselves and  they were VERY stubborn to make me joined their group, I finally gave up to them.

*********

I still couldn’t find the girl who my mother asked me to protect. When we arrived in Narita, I follow two girl who sat in front of me at the plane before. Their family and maybe boyfriend fetch them, so I erase them from my list because my mother said She was alone. The other girl who sat behind me before, She walk on the opposite direction that shown in my GPS device. That means the only girl left is none other than my seatmate before. I approached her who looks like a lost-puppy now. She is a cheerful girl, honest, easy going and I’m sure she is someone who easily make friend. I promise to her to her destination which is Yoshino-cho in Nara, after we take a flight from here to Kyoto. But I realiz something, how come she easily trust a stranger that she barely met? She is so careless and it’s dangerous.

Wait… she said Yoshino-cho? Nara? I know very well that place, since I always go there every year. And my mother said she is very special to me. For all my life I only have three special girl, my mother, my sister and…Impossible…it can’t be her…Okaa-san...tell me now it’s not a dream…isn’t it? I look at her again, her eyes, her face, her voice, all about her is familiar to me. The next minute I stunned at the moment she speak again.

“My name is Yoona, nice to meet you. Now, tell me your name, so we will not become a stranger anymore.”

Yoona… Her name is Yoona Then she must be…Yongie,…. My Yoongie…

At the moment, I relly want to laugh because everything seems like a dream.

She is back to Japan, after nine years she is back. But still she remember me? I don’t now, but I have to make sure first. I have  to know Yoona, the grown up version of my Yongie. How much she had change? And will she be the same the last time i saw her?

“Jonghyun.”

“Ndeee?”

“You can call me Jonghyun.It’s my Korean name.”

At the time, I remember what my mother said last night. She was right, I will regret it for all my life. If I didn’t come, only God knows what will happen with this careless girl and I will never have the chance to meet her again.

*********

Yoongie still doesn’t change at all, some of her habbit still the same. Include uncontrolled habbit which is she easily curious about something and her talkactive mode. Even when we arrived at KIA, she still asking so many question like why I didn’t take a direct flight from Incheon to KIA.

“If you never take this morning flight, I’d never met you. And of course, I will never have you as my first friend in Japan. Moreover, if I think about it, I don’t want others to be my first friend here, my hear says that it should be you.”

For the th times, I stunned again because of her. What does she mean? Is it a clue for me? She never failed to surprised me. Before I could ask further, she already walk faster in front of me and…. She bumped into…my fathers subordinate. Why did my father send so many people? The careless Yoona looks afraid now.

I ask them the the situation in Kyoto and they tell me that my parent had instructed them to guard the whole Kyoto and keep their eye to any suspicious people. Even my parent had called all Murakami’s colleagues to inform us if there is any suspicious movement towards Kyoto. Even all Kansai is on guard now. I have to ask my parent later, what had happened with Yoona? The way they protect her is like her life is in danger now, like someone is after her life. It's better to be carefull now.

I think Yoona is still afraid beause she didn’t say anything even until she was in my car. She finally speak after awhile.

"Jonghyun-ah, would you mind to tell me what happened before? Who are those people?"

"They are my father's subordinates." I answer shortly. I’m not ready to tell about my family to her.

"Daebak!!! Daebak, This is exciting. Jonghyun-ah, you really a son of Yakuza family?"

Once again she make me surprise. What just she said? Exciting???

"I'm not a son of Yakuza or something like that. Wait, why do you feel exciting? It is dangerous for a girl like you!!!"

And her answer make me extremely mad because I’m very worried about her.

"I never get any experience like that, that would be amazing. And I know how to fight, so it doesn't matter for me."

"YOU SHOULDN'T DO THAT, ARRASSEO? "

I don’t realize that I already raised my voice tone. At the time, from the deep of my heart, I really want to lock her in a room and never let her go out. The grown up version of Yoongie… I mean Yoona is really careless and she likes to involve in dangerous thing. What had happened to her during this past nine years? I should keep my eyes on her from now on. If not, I don’t know what are crazy things that she is going to do. Also I have feeling that my life after this would never be the same again because of Yoona.

*********

After that I always pay attention at her, at everything she say and at everything she do. She always make me stunned because of her. Like when she force me to call her in banmal because she is mad if I called her Yoona-ssi or when arrived at my home, she meet Shiro and said…

“Its name is Shiro, because it looks like a white snow ball.” How did she know? Of course, she is Yoongie and Shiro is her present for me when we were eleven years old. But why she said that? Unless… she knows that I’m her Jongie?

And when she said…

"I want to take a walk around Kyoto. Besides, I'm not in a hurry. Today is 21th May, while my business in Yoshino-Cho is on 29th and 30th. Please, I will not bother you, I can walk alone. Jonghyun-ah, pleaseeeee..."

May 30th, is her birthday maybe she want to celebrate at Yoshino.

And also when she was too happy and unconsciously hug me, a man she barely met.

The most dangerous part was when she wake up me the next morning. It’s dangerous I have sharp instinc and reflect, that’s why if any peculiar person except my family touch me or near me when I was sleeping, I’ll automatically hit, pinned or do some dangerous Judo moves to them. The last, it’s Kyuhyun hyung who was being my victim.

When I take her to walk around in Kyoto I make sure that it’s safe for us. All of the guards already in position, but invisible. We are at my car when she said that…

“You know? When I was a child, I have a friend like you. He couldn’t tell lies, because his acts always show us his true feeling. I know you still mad at me.”

Exactly I wasn’t mad at the time, somehow I just want to . And I successes to make her grant my three wishes later.

When we are at Arashiyama, she ask me to take some photos…together. I don’t like to do that but she successfully force me. Why can’t I tell NO to her? Even, after that I stunned again when she said…

“You know Jonghyun? I have a friend like you, who doesn’t like to take his photo. It seems both of you is allergic to camera.”I know that, don't mock me.

The same thing happened in Ginkaku-ji and Kinkaku-ji Temple. She force me…again… to take some photos together. But I don’t mad this time, because she is so funny. She keep in awe all along the tour, she looks cute.

Yoona really made me feel mad, happy, sad, worried and so on whereas we barely meet less than two days. I never feel those complicated emotions just in short time. Ani, I ever been like this long time ago when Yoongie still with me.

When we were at Kyoto tower, after we had eaten our dinner, she is in a rush because she is too excited to see Kyoto night scenery from the tower.

“Jonghyun-ah come here.”

“Wae?”

“Can you show some excitement? This scene is wonderfull. Maybe you’re boring coz you have come here so many times, but don’t ruin my happy mood now.”

“I never come here”

“Eh, jinjjayo??? How come a man who live in Kyoto like you but never came here??? Daebak”

“I have reason.”

Long time ago, I ever promise to her that we will visit this tower. Now, we finally are here. Not as Yoongie and Jongie but as Yoona and Jonghyun.

“Geurae. But you know? I ever have a promised to come here with my friend to come here too. I’m glad I made it, although not with him.” I know that Yoona.

“Is your friend in Yoshino?” I try to ask her because I’m curious, maybe I will know wether she already know or not if I’m her Jongie.

“No, he isn’t live there. He only come there around our birthday.”

“So, you two have the same birth day?” She smile while staring at the scenery outside.

“No, we weren't born at the same day. He was born in May 15th. We choose that day, because people kept telling us that we look like twins and we like it.So, since I was 5 until now, I always celebrate my Birthday in 15th, although my reall birthday is 30th. Later, when we were seven years old, he know my real birthday, he insist to celebrated it as our second birthday in the year. So, we have two times of birthday party every year.” Maybe because of nostalgic feeling, I easily tell Jonghyun about that.

“So, where is he now?” 

She just stare at me and give a meaningful warm smile. What do you mean Yoona-yah? What exactly do you want to tell me? Do you really recognize me? Tell me now because I swear, now I can’t read your mind as usual.

I didn’t get any answer even during our journey to home. But she still make me surprise when suddenly she said sorry to me. I tell her that I’m not mad again but her words make me disappointed and doubt my mind before.

"It's not about that. It's about yasterday. I keep asked about your background. It's not polite, especially for people who just met."

‘People who just met’? that means she didn’t recognize me as her Jongie.

"Nah, now you know it. Don't do that again." I try to answer casually.

"You know, my friend that I told you before, he has some similar background like you. When we turn 13, he kept telling me it's dangerous to be by his side. He is a nice guy like you, always think about others kindness. He pushed me away and hide himself from me. We fought a lot and have fiercely arguments, because I think he is stupid to act like that. He just hurt himself. I don't know about your family background, but please!!! Don't push me away don't push your friend away. You'll hurt yourself."

After that she left me alone in the car. Her words make me remember our big fight nine years ago. Seem like that fight make a big impact in her, that’s why she don’t recognize me. Don’t you know Yoona? The man beside you now is your friend that you’re talking about. When will you realize that? You ever said that we will know recognize other no matter how. Can you recognize me now?

 

 

 

 

( BACK TO 21 - 22 MAY)

=========================================================================================================================

Chapter 8, Jonghyun POV. Sorry of this chapter is messy. I fight with Jonghyun to make this storyline ^_^ And this chapter is 80% narration, because Jonghyun is rare to speak. The next chapter still flashback from Jonghyun POV. I'll tell you what happened at the two days when Yoona were not with Jonghyun but with Kyuline.

I’m a bit down now because I got some hateful mails. If you want to criticize me about my grammar, storyline or my writing style I would gladly accept that. But don’t blackmail me because of you don’t like Jongyoon. Everyone has their own right to imagine.

Seriousely, I think some of you is not better than me in grammar or story line. I work hard to made at least more than 3500 words every chapter, the only exception is chapter 2. And I try my best to reduce my grammatical error. Who are you to judge me? Sorry if I’m rude. But those hatters are so irritated.

And always, Thank you for all the readers, viewers, subscribers and upvoters. Especially for Jongyoon shippers who are very loyal to leave some support comments to me. It means the whole world for me.

HAPPY READING ^_^