YOONA : CLOSER AND KEEP DISTANCE

To Find You, My Happiness

"FLY ME UP TO WHERE YOU ARE BEYOND THE DISTANT STAR.

I WISH UPON TONIGHT TO SEE YOU SMILE, IF ONLY FOR A WHILE TO KNOW YOU'RE THERE.

A BREATH AWAY'S NOT FAR TO WHERE YOU ARE."

=========================================================================================================================

 

I slowly open my eyes when I felt my cheek is wet, something my cheek. I blink my eyes a few times before seeing a white puffball infront of my face, Shiro. I remember now, I took it to sleep with me last night.

“Stop Shirooo…. It’s tickles. ”

Shiro is very energic in the morning, so different from Its zuper lazy master.

It still 7 am, but my body is heavy and hard to move. Maybe it’s the effect of our fun trip yesterday. I take a long breath before wake up and prepare myself.

An half hour later, the maid from yesterday come and tell me that breakfast is ready. I take Shiro with me and going to the dinning room. I ask the maid about Jonghyun. I don’t want to eat alone, because it seems that his family is not at home since the day before yesterday night.

“Don’t worry young lady, Miss Ai-chan is taking care about Young Master now.” I frowned for a moment.

“ And there are Young Master friends that already waiting in the dining room to eat breakfast together. ” The maid keep talking but I don’t pay attention anymore. Who is Ai-chan by the way? This insecure feeling keep coming and hit my heart everytime the maid talk about her.

When I arrived in front of dinning room, there is a loud noise coming from inside the room.

“Jonghyun hyung was so mean, he left us and came here earlier.” One of Jonghyun friend is talking now.

“But Ai-chan said, there was something important.” The other reply.

“Do you remember the rumour we heard yesterday? I’m really curious if it was the reason why he left us before.” Now, another one of Jonghyun friends speaking. How many of Jonghyun friends inside?

“Aaaah, about there is another person who can wake up Jonghyun beside his family? And even that person still alive after that?” The last one that speaking now, I know his voice, I ever heard this voice before.

I’m on the peak of my curiosity now, I open the door.  As soon as I enter the room, four pairs of eyes staring at me. There is silence hang around the room for about a minute. Before,,,,

“WOW, SO SHE IS THE REASON???”

“SHE IS THE PERSON THAT WE HEARD ABOUT YESTERDAY???”

“JINJJA? JINJJA? JONGHYUN HYUNG DAEBAKKKK!!!”

Everything going wild, they are shouting in excitement, even one of them claps his hands enthusiasticly. But I don’t care about that. My problem is that man who was sitting which his back to me, but now looking at me with disbelief face.

 “YOONA NOONA??? WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE???”

Choi Minho, one of my bestfriend is here!!!

Before he keep asking, I close his mouth and drag him to the corner of the room.

“Minho-yah,,,,,don’t you ever told them about me, especially to Jonghyun. Keep your mouth silent okay??? You know what kind of punishment waiting for you if you told them about me. ARRASSEO???”

 I wishper to him with heavy tone and a bit threatening. Minho still confusing but he slowly nod his head as an answer for me, still can’t speak because I close his mouth.

I know the other three boys become curious with my act now.

Before I release Minho, I heard the sound of the door open. Jonghyun come with a girl which I believe she is Ai-chan.

Jonghyun looking at me with surprised face as he see the situation between Minho and I. Before he could speak, Ai-chan cut him.

“SO, SHE IS THE ONE???  MAJIDE??? ONII-CHAN ANSWER ME NOW!!!” Ai-chan shaking Jonghyuns arms.

“Ohayou gozaimasu. Sorry for disturb you all.” I immediately greet them because Jonghyun still doesn’t give her an answer. He must be in trouble now, because he brought me to his house without tell it to his girlfriend, Ai-chan.

“Oh, you don’t need to sorry.” Ai-chan come closer to me and hug me. I’m a little shocked by her act,  but then she said something that shocked me more.

“I’m just so happy, finally Aoi onii-chan bring his girlfriend and introduce  to us. Oh,,, Shiro??? Shiro likes you too??? ” She hug me more tighter.

Bwoya??? I thought she is Jonghyun’s girlfriend. And what’s the matter if Shiro likes me??? Eh, what did she say before???

“But I’m not his girl…wait…Aoi onii-chan?” I look at Ai-chan with confused face.

“Aoi onii-chan, my big brother.” Ai-chan answer me while staring at Jonghyun who look so pale now… I mean paler than usual, coz his usual skin is paler than normal.

“Onii-chan, you didn’t tell your girlfriend about your real Japanese name? Meanie!” Now Ai-chan move to Jonghyun and slap his arms.

“But Ai, she is not my girlfriend.” Jonghyun try to explain to Ai-chan about our real relationship, which is none other than a friend.

“Eeeeyyy, as if I will believe you. You hide and never tell us about your love life. We’ll not let you go this time.” Jonghyun speechless now.

“It’s true, we are just friend.” Yoona cut everyone before this chaos going bigger.

“What a matching pair!!! They defend each other.” Ai-chan playfuly mumbled while taking a seat, ready to eat.

“Watch your mouth. She is our guest.” Jonghyun warn her.

While we’re eating breakfast they keep asking how I met Jonghyun? How long I know Jonghyun? Are we really just friends? And so on. I tell them the truth but now I’m starting to regret that, they are more amazed and look at me in disbelief face. Like they’re see the sun rise from west or other impossible stuff.

I also know their name. The most noisy and mischievous one, Kyuhyun. The one who tease us most of all, Changmin. The last one, a bit serious and quiet but still he ask a lot too, Joonmyun. And it’s more funny when they told me that their group name is Kyu-line. Are they high-schooler students?

“Yoona, how did you wake up Jonghyun yesterday?” What’s with that silly question. Changmin maybe lost his sense when he ask me that.

“I push him and he fell from the bed.” Nonchalantly, I answer him.

“And you’re still alive???” Now, it’s Joonmyun who surprised. What the heck is going on??? From all of them, Joonmyun is the only one normal, but now he ask me like I have done something unbelievable.

“Please, don’t misunderstand noona, I don’t mean to offense you, but no one can wake up Jonghyun hyung except his family. So, it’s amazing if you could do that.” Joonmyun quickly explain before I become more confusing.

“Wow Yoona, I don’t know that you two this close. Other girls must be embarrassed to wake up my brother.” Ai-chan claps her hands. Now I’m more confusing. Why this wake-up-Jonghyun things is something so amazing to them?

“Why they have to embarrassed?”

“My brother always sleep only with his boxer, so practically he half .”

WHAAAATTT??? Wait, as I remember, yesterday I was too angry and didn’t pay attention to other things. I recall my memory and……………….

 OH MY GHOSH,,,!!! YEAH... JONGHYUN IS HALF YESTERDAY!!! OMO,,,,IT MEANS I TOUCHED HIS BARE SKIN TOO. IM YOONA YOU’RE BYUNTAE!!!

I blushed when I realize that. My face become red as tomato. I bow my head and silently chewing my breakfast.

But that doesn’t last long.

“So Yoona, how did you melt this ice cool hearted prince?” I cough at the moment when Kyuhyun ask me that question. Why they still don’t believe that Jonghyun and I just friends.

“What do you mean?” 

“Noona, wether you are his girl friend or just girl friend, it’s still a MIRACLE.” Minho emphazising the last world.

“Wae?” Now I’m the one who curious, I look one by one at Minho and the others to find an answer.

“Because, as long as we know him, Jonghyun NEVER has any woman as his friend.” It’s Changmin who answer me.

Somehow, I feel happy. So, I still his first girl friend? I eat my breakfast happily, doesn’t care about the non-stop teasing.

+++++++++

I decide to play with Shiro to avoid their teasing. Even Jonghyun still mad at them, I know because he kept silent during our breakfast before. He even didn’t talk to me after that.

“Shiro, let’s take a walk.”

I take it in my arms and going to the gate.

“Where are you going?” A cold voice make me stop my step immediately. Jonghyun walk closer to me and look straight at my eyes.

“I ever told you don’t go anywhere without me.”

I gulp and take a step back. He is mad now, mader than in the dining room before.

“Mianhae Jonghyun-ah. I didn’t mean to…uhmm…It just a walk around here, not far.” I try to calm him down.

“You still can’t go anywhere without me. Next time, tell me if you want to go out!” Jonghyun voice become weaker but still it’s a tone voice. He really worried about me?

“I understand. Thank you Jonghyun.”

We still staring each other until someone’s hand waving between us.

“Sorry for disturb both of you love bird. But we decide to take a walk around. Do you want to come along with us Yoona?” It’s Ai-chan.

“Altough I prefer to enjoy the sweet intimate scene of you before.” Kyuhyun add the fuel and I know the next minute it will be full of teasing.

I eyeing Jonghyun to ask an answer. Because he is so tight with a promise.

“You could go with them.”

“You don’t come with us?” He said I can’t go anywhere without him and now he easily said I could go with them?

“I have a business, beside my sister is with you.” He tell me before answer his phone call.

After that, we make our way to the cars. I’m going with Ai-chan in her car while Minho, Kyuhyun, Changmin and Suho use other car. I put Shiro in backseat before sit comfortly in front, next to Ai-chan.

“I’m surprise Shiro is easily tame to you.”

“Wae? Shiro is a nice dog. We easily became friends when I came here.” What's wrong with that? Why Ai-chan and the others keep wondering at me since this morning?

“Hontoni? You just met Shiro and it immediately like you? Even when the first time Jonghyun bring it home, I have to convince it several times before it became tame to me.” Ai-chan look at me with amazed face.

I nod to answer her. So that’s why she surprised earlier in dinning room.

“Then you’re a special girl. You beat my brother and Shiro’s heart too.” She give her warm-meaningful smile to me

“Thanks, I take it as a compliment.”

“I like you Yoona, would you be my sister-in-law?” She pleading to me with her puppy eyes.

Okay, I will laugh if it is just one of  her joke, but her face become serious now.

“It’s not funny Ai-chan, moreover we’re only friends.”

“No, I mean if someday my brother propose to you, would you accept him? Is there any chance you will fall in love in him?”

What does she mean?

“If you talk about the future, I don’t know. Im not a seer. For now, I’m not ready to start that kind of relationship with anyone.” I said firmly to her, hopefully she will stop asking.

“Okay. But Yoona, please consider about my words when the time has come. I would love if it’s you. I lost my hope when onii-chan decide to leave his first girl friend before. It was when they’re child. I know onii-chan has his own reason.”

I didn’t answer her. Our journey is full of silence after that. For now I don’t want to think about other stuff. I have to find my bestfriend first, Jongie.

+++++++++

When we arrived at our first destination, I realized something.

“Uhmm, Ai-chan… Why there are so many cars following us?”

I’m not excessive. With five cars escorting us and two luxury cars we ride, I’m sure we will be the center of attention later. But Ai-chan seems get used to this situation.

“It’s for our protection. Follow me, we will have fun all day.” She happily drag and link her arm with me while calling all the boys to hurry up.

Okay, I admit that we have fun today. Ai-chan take me to some cool places, including the places which serves the best food in Kyoto. She even buy me some Kimonos. And for the boys, I  think their main intention is to flirt with Japanese girl.

Ai-chan really a nice girl. She is three years younger than me, smart, cheerfull and easy going. The opposite from his ignorant-cold-and-so-on brother. I enjoy my time with Ai-chan and the boys.

+++++++++

We arrive at house in late night. Minho accompany me to my room, while the other going directly to their room. I’m sure Minho, my cute dongsaeng has a lot of questions in his mind now. I owe him my explanation, he has kept his mouth close during this day. He is one of a person that I trust when I’m still I n Korea.

 “You know how shocked I am when I saw you this morning noona? I almost got a heat attack.”

“Mianhae, Minho-yah.”

“Noona, how did you ended up here with Jonghyun hyung? I mean, the last time I saw noona, you were,,,” He can’t continue his words, maybe because he see I don’t smile anymore and my face become stiff.

“I ran away because of complicated situation in my house. And for Jonghyun, he is a nice person who accidentally forced to help me.”

 “And what are you doing in Kyoto noona?”

“Actually, I have business in other place. Jonghyun promised to me later.”

“What kind of business?”

I close my eyes and take along breath.

“My strength, my happiness, everything I need to continue my life depends on that. I don’t want to be alone in this world. That’s the only hope I have. ”

“I wish the best for you noona. Mianhae, I weren't beside you at that time. If something happen, remember you have me and now, you have Jonghyun hyung too.” He playfully smile at me.

“I know, gomawo Minho-yah. Good night.” He grinned before leaving me dumbfounded.

I’m about to enter my room when Minho yelled something.

“I’m happy to see your smile again noona and I think it’s because of Jonghyun hyung, right noona?”

Aish, he teased me and run away before I could reply him. But deep in my heart, I know he was true. Since I met Jonghyun, I never had those nightmare again. I should thank to Jonghyun later.

++++++++++

I looking for Jonghyun this morning, but he has gone. That sleepyhead woke up early in the morning??? That’s unbelieveable.

I don’t have any choice than to hang around with Ai-chan and the boys. But this time, only Minho and Joonmyun come with us. Ai-chan said that Kyuhyun and Changmin are with Jonghyun. I have fun today too, but the absence of Jonghyun make me feel uneasy. Somehow I feel an urge to meet him.

Tonight, when we arrived at home, I saw Jonghyun’s car at garage. He must be at home, but I immediately disappointed after Kyuhyun and Changmin told me he was already sleeping. I sighed and leave them to my room. But something catch my eyes before I say good night to them.

“Kyuhyun, your left temples injured??? And why your right arm bandaged Changmin???”

Okay, I smell something fishy here. It’s not only Changmin and Kyuhyun who become tense, it’s all of them, including Minho, Joonmyun and Ai-chan. They look each other before Changmin talk to me.

“It’s alright Yoona-yah, we get used to this things. Don't worry, this wound will heal soon." Altough Changmin try to reassure me, but......

"What about Jonghyun? Is he okay? I want to see him now!" How could I'm not worried, if Changmin and Kyuhyun injured, then Jonghyun too. They're went out together this morning.

"Don't go Yoona, Jaebal.....He need to be alone now. " Kyuhyun stop me. His face is so serious.

"Just don’t tell Jonghyun you know about this. Promised?”

Changmin patted my shoulder before he and Kyuhyun leave to their room. Ai-chan also follow them and Joonmyun bow to me before he left. Minho still avoiding my eyes but he accompanied me to my room.

Before he leave me, he whisper something to me.

“It’s the cost to be his friends. We often experiencing this but we never regret to be his frend. Please, don’t tell Jonghyun hyung that you know about this. He is the one who hurt the most. Good night noona.”

Minho left me in confused state. Why they have to be injured for being Jonghyun friends? This must related to his background that he doesn’t want to tell me.

I lie down in my bed, keep thinking about Jonghyun. Even I don’t realize that it’s raining heavily outside. Suddenly all the light off and I heard thunder sound. I sart trembling. I’m really scared and crying. It’s frightening me, I always don’t like thunder since I was child. Usually, Eomma will hug me aand calm me down until I fall asleep. Eomma isn’t here, what should I do???I  try to close my ears with my hands and my eyes close at the next thunderous.

I don’t realize when someone hug me and my back.

“Are you alright Yoona-yah? It’s okay, I’m here with you.”

His wishper calms me down. He also sing a lullabye for me. It’s a lullabye I’ve heard a long long time ago. My favourite lullabye. I hug him back, lie my head in his chest and slowly my tears stop falling down. When I felt his warmth, my fear going away. It's like nothing in the world could scared me anymore. Somehow I feel safe, protected and comfortable in his embrace. I miss this feeling, a special feeling that even my parents and Seunggi couldn't give to me.

Yes, everything surely will be alright if it’s Jonghyun. I slowly fall asleep peacefully and unconsciously whisper to him.

“I miss you Jong. Don’t leave me again.”

 

 

 

(23 - 24 MAY)

=========================================================================================================================

 

Finally, I finished chapter 4. I decide to put Kyu-line here. Don’t bash me if you don’t like. I put them in this story for some important reason. You’ll know how important they are later.

I want to ask all of your advice, coz I’m newbie in writing. Should I make some specials chapter from Jonghyun point of view? Because in my fantasy world, Jonghyun is busier than what I describe in Yoona’s simle point of view. He has many things to do since he met Yoona.

 

Thank you for all the readers, viewers, subscribers and upvoters. It means the whole world for me.

Happy reading all ^o^