YOONA : HOPE AND COINCIDENCE

To Find You, My Happiness

“THE REASON MOST PEOPLE GIVE UP SO FAST IS

THAT THEY LOOK AT HOW FAR THEY STILL HAVE TO GO,

INSTEAD OF HOW FAR THEY HAVE COME.” =========================================================================================================================

 

“Yoona, are you alright?”

Jonghyuns Mother release her hug and look at me with worry face.

I try to control myself and curved a smile.

“I’m fine Mrs. Lee. I’m not used to attend a big party like this.”

Mrs. Lee seems believe in my reason. But I turn my face and glare as soon as I hear Someone chuckling, Minho.

“Noona always run away and hiding from her parent everytime she has to come to the party. She prefer to fight than to attend a party. Noona is very incredible.”

Everyone laughing, except Jonghyun. His face looks disbelief. But I ignore him, I don’t have any courage to face him now. Now, the problem is Minho really have a big mouth. I’m so embarrass in front of Jonghyun parents. I already have another problem to concern, and now he add one. Just wait and you’ll see your punishment later, Minho-yahh.

“Come and sit with Imo Yoona-yah. I have so many things to talk with you.”

I’m gladly follow Mrs. Lee. Yeah, we have sooooo many things to talk. Because I will explode now.

“Are you alright Yoona? Imo really regret because I couldn’t come to your parents funeral. Our family is a best friend.” Mrs. Lee hold my hands tightly, she almost cry.

“I can’t say that everything is alright now. But at least, I can smile now.” I give her my sweetest smile. Yeah, I can smile from the bottom of my heart… since … Since I meet Jonghyun.

“Thank God. Anyway, you can call me Imo from now, Eomma is better since you called Hani Eomma too. And Yoona, you know I almost got a heart attack 5 days ago. Hani called and told me that you came here alone.” Her face change into shocked mode now. It’s so funny if we compare to her emotionless, cold and ignorant son.

“Mianhae if I troubled you Imo.”

“No need to sorry dear, since you hold that pendant you are wearing now. See, Imo have the same Pendant. That’s why I called a guardian for you.” I stunned for Imo last sentence.

“Guardian? Who is he?” My heart beat fast while waiting for Imo’s answer. Because, all that I believe will collapse depends on her answer.

“Of course he is my own son, Jonghyun. I can’t trust your safety in someone else hand.”

DEG

It is true, it’s true.

I always wonder why he help me? a stranger he just met in airport

Why he accompanied me everywhere I want to go?

Why he easily grant my request?

Why he know me very well?

But,,, Now everything is clear.

All he did to me for this past five days,,,ONLY BECAUSE IMO ASKED HIM to do that.

I can’t fully consentrate for the rest of the conversation. Imo keep telling us how close our family. How close she and her husband with Im Taesan and Im Jihye, my parents. And also with Lee Heejun and Lee hani, Seunggi’s parent. She said they spent their youth together. But everytime she speaks, slowly the pain in my heart increase, I can’t breath properly again, my sight become blurred even I have no more strength to speak. Fortunately, Imo have to go to greet some important guests, so she couldn’t notice my condition. She and her husband hug me before they leave. I sigh in relieved but immediately froze when I feel someone patted my right shoulder.

“Yoona?”

“Huh?” I turn my face and find Jonghyun stand beside me.

“You look pale. Let’s go home.” He sounds very concern about me, although I know his real reason. Could you stop being nice to me if you don’t mean it?!

“Are you sick Yoona?” Even Changmin can notice it. Lucky me, Kyuhyun and our trio dongsaengs already gone to greet, chit-chat, flirt or whatever they do now with other guests.

“I just tired. Woud you drive me home Changmin Oppa?” I ignore Jonghyun offer before. For now, I’m not ready to face Jonghyun. I need to control my mind and my heart first.

I see Jonghyun and Changmin oppa talking silently by their eyes.

“This party is for Jonghyun and Ai-chan. So, I can’t let Jonghyun sent me home.” I try to convince Changmin.

“I can cancel this whole party. Appa and Eomma will agree with me.”

BWOO? Jonghyun statement make me and Changmin speechless. He is really an obedient son. Even he can cancel the whole party to sent me home by himself, only to fulfill his promise to Imo.

“NO JONGHYUN-SSI. This time let Changmin oppa drive me home.” His eyes widened for some seconds, but he manage to hide his surprised. I can be stubborn as Jonghyun, even more than him at  this time. I gather all my courage to stare into his eyes. I don’t care if he will read my mind trough my eyes like he always do. I just want to escape from this place, from him.

“Okay, I’ll drive Yoona now. She is right Jonghyun, this is your party. You can’t leave.” Changmin wisely stop our tense staring battle. He whisper something to Jonghyun, before we leave the party.

+++++++++

Changmin oppa stay silent and didn’t say any word since we left the party. But I don’t care about that. My mind fully occupied by Jonghyun now.

How could I accept the fact?

He didn’t really care about me,

He didn’t willingly protect me,

He never… never mean everything he did.

I recall all my memory. For all of  this time, it’s me who always said that we were friends. He never said…

When I’m thinking about all of that, I don’t realize my tears running down from my eyes. I can’t hold it again.

“Yoona-yah? What’s going on?” Changmin oppa voice sounds panick.

“I don’t want to go home now, could we stop at the park near here?” Now, even I can’t come back to Jonghyun house. Everything about that house make me remember the real fact about Jonghyun fake kindness to me.

“Would you mind to tell me why do you cry Yoona-yah?” Changmin oppa speak right after we sit at bench in the nearest park. Changmin oppa caressing my back. He wait patiently until I feel better, Seulong oppa will do that too if he was here,,, IF.

“Jonghyun pabbo, he is really pabbo, I HATE HIM SO MUCH!!!” I almost scream.

“Now you know he is pabbo, indeed. But what has he done to make you hate him?” I know Changmin oppa try to cheer me with his joke, but my I can’t laugh or even ro curve a weak smile.

“I just realized that he NEVER consider me as his friend. HE NEVER SAID THAT WE ARE FRIEND. Everything he did to me it’s only because Imo asked him. All that friendship things just in my own conclusion, in my own imagination.”

I touch my left chest. Somehow, it feel so hurt. I can’t bear the pain I feel now. It’s the same as when I lost My parent, My brother and Seunggi.

“It’s okay Yoona, you have me, Ai-chan, Minho, Kyuhyun and Joonmyun.”

Yes, I have them, but….

“NOOO!!! IT HAVE TO BE JONGHYUN, ONLY JONGHYUN. If Jonghyun never consider me as his friend… I loose my chance, my hope, I WILL… LOOSE SOMEONE PRECIOUS TO ME OPPA!!!”

“Yoona, exactly, who will you loose? How come your precious person related to Jonghyun? Both of you just met less than a week.”

“Yeah oppa, Yoona and Jonghyun maybe just met five days ago, BUT  YONGIE AND JONGIE HAD MET LONG TIME BEFORE NOW!!! EVEN THEY ARE BESTFRIEND!!!” I scream what’s in my mind now. I’m frustrating and everything in my heart ready to explode.

I can feel Chanmin oppa hand stop caress my back and he froze.

“What… What do you mean Yoona-yah? Don’t tell me…..”

“I FOUGHT WITH JONGIE THE LAST TIME WE MET, I CAN’T MEET JONGIE IF JONGHYUN NEVER CONSIDER ME AS HIS FRIEND, IF HIS HEART AND STUPID STUBBORN HEAD STILL DOESN’T CHANGE AT ALL!!! THERE IS NO HOPE FOR YONGIE AND JONGIE TO GET WELL ALONG OR EVEN TO MEET EACH OTHER AGAIN!!! WHAT SHOULD I DO NOW???”

I crying, this time I let it all out.

I lost hope for my main purpose to go to Nara, to go to my family resthouse, to go to the my childhood secret place.

A place where my last hope lies

A place where my happiest memory lies

A place…… where I could meet him again…. My Jongie.

+++++++++

Changmin oppa patiently accompanied me until I calm down. For almost two hours I was crying

“Yoona, do you want me to buy some ice creams for you? I know you’ll feel better.”

“How…how do you know?” I look at him with big question mark in my face.

“Jonghyun… He told us in case if he can’t be beside you when you are angry or in a condition like this.”

Changmin oppa give me his warm smile to reassure me. But his next words make me froze.

“Yoona-yah, I’ll give you some advice…

If … If Jonghyun never consider you as his friend from the deep of his heart.

Then, why you can convince him to let Minho dating his beloved sister?” Now Changmin oppa look straight into my eyes

“Maybe because He love Minho and Ai-chan. They’re his dongsaengs anyway.”

“What about this, Why both of you could read each others mind just by look each others eyes?

We noticed all of your interaction with Jonghyun! That morning when we met for the first time and in another time, include this morning.”

“Uhhmm, many people say I’m an open book person, so they could easily read my mind. Perhaps Jonghyun is the same.” I answer but avoiding his gaze.

“No Yoona-yah, Jonghyun is the most mysterious and introvert person among Kyu-line. You can’t predict what wil he say or do. And Yoona, you can reduced his anger just by looked at his eyes. That scene didn’t escape from our observation. That’s why Minho and Ai-chan asked for your help.”

“It just coincidence oppa, coincidence.” I try to give rational reason.

“Yoona, stop to cut my words and look at me now! Just think about this,

Why did he go that far only to calm you last night?

You’re not physicaly harmed. We were there when he went to your room last night. He told us that you are afraid to Thunder and rain. Yoona, Jonghyun already slept when it was raining and he….on his own will….woke up because of you. You know well he is sleepyhead. Even he sang for you! you... made him sang a song. It’s strange, because he stoped singing since long time ago.”

My eyes widened and I stunned for the truth that Changmin oppa just told me. Is it true? Jonghyun do all of that?

“More importantly, the very first thing we know about both of you.

Why you can woke him up and kept alive?

He have a sharp instinc, so not particular person can do what have you done, including Kyu-line and the rest of his close friends. Only a very precious person to him who could do that, Yoona.

And we already told you before that he never let any woman come near him, moreover, to hold a woman hand. Yeah Yoona, all of us saw that when you entered the party before while you were holding each other hands. You’re the first and maybe the only one.

We always wondering about both of your relationship. It’s not something called lover or friend. The bond between both of you is special, we can see the sparkled in your eyes and no one from us can figured out what kind of bond it is. But finally I know the reason tonight. No one know him as well as you.

Please, listen to your heart Yoona-yah. Is Jonghyun only pretending for all of this time? Is his concern, his care, everything that he had done only fake? Is Jonghyun never sincere to be your friend? Trust me. Please, think about that while I’m going.”

Changmin left me stunned after he give his long speech.

My head and my heart already full of contradiction.

Should I trust Jonghyun? I don’t know what is wrong or right now.

I’m really afraid to disappointed, to be broken, to feel the pain of loosing someone again.

+++++++++

After Changmin oppa gone, I close my eyes and take a deep breath. I recall every memories for this past several days. My memories about Lee Jonghyun. My heart tell me to agree with Changmin oppa, but my mind don’t.

What should I do???

I’m standing in intersection now. Which road should I take?

One wrong choice and I will loose my current friend Lee Jonghyun or my Jongie, even I will loose both of them.

This time I’m praying with all my heart. Even I didn’t do this ten days ago. Because I know my parent and Seunggi remained death and we can’t change that fact. But now, pleaseee,,,,pleaseee,,,, show me the right way God. I put all my hope on you.

I keep praying until I feel something is my hands and it barks three times just like Shiro did everytime that cutie puffball dog want my attention.

I lift my face and see a silvery black poodle standing in front of me. Oh my… it’s so cute. Sorry Shiro, you have a rival now.

“Hi, where is your master? Are you lost?” I caressing its fur and surprisingly, this adorable dog is very tame with me. This dog really remind me to my own dog when I was eleven years old. It’s a gift from Jongie, so that I will always remember about him whenever we were apart. Unfortunately I lost it at the day when I had a big fight with Jongie.

“There you are… come here”

An old man come and take the cute poodle. He seems exhaustions. He must had been looking for his dog.

“Thank you so much young lady for taking care my dog. Sorry if it troubled you.” He bowed to me and so do I.

“No problem Sir and your dog is very tame. I’m gladly taking care of it until you came, Sir.”

“You’re really kind young lady. I want to repay you.” He warmly smiled at me. I guess I know why his dog is very tame, its master is very friendly.

“No need Sir. I did it sincerely and I’m sure everyone will do the same like me.” I’m waving my hands, tryinh to refuse his offer.

“No young lady, I insist. This is my cards, you can find my address there. My wife will be happy to meet a nice women like you.” He give me his cards and oh my,,, this cards is premium one. He must be from a rich family like me and Jonghyun.

“But…”

“No buts young lady. Come to my house tomorrow. Beside, I’m happy to found someone who made my dog easily like her. My dog never like other people except me and my wife.” His voice sounds firm. He must be an experienced leader or chief. He know how to convince someone.

“Very well Sir. I will visit you and your wife tomorrow.” Finally I give up and follow what my heart said. Somehow, I feel familiar with this old man.

“That’s great. Anyway, you can call me Shinzo Ojii-san. I already consider you as my own granddaughter. What’s your name young lady?”

After quick fighting inside my mind, I decide to tell Ojii-san my childhood name, not my real name. Well, Eomma said I have to be careful with stranger (Jonghyun is special case, don’t count him) although he seems nice, friendly and not dangerous.

“My name is Yoongie. Nice to meet you Shinzo Ojii-san.”

“Yoongie? Are you from Korea?” Ojii-san face looks very surprised.

“Yes” I shortly answer him, because I still wonder with his excessive reaction.

“Did you…. by any chance…. Usually visiting Yoshino-cho in Nara when you were a child?”  Huh?? What just he said? How…how  did Ojii-san know about that?

I slowly nod but still in shocked state.

“Thank God, finally I meet you again Yongie. My wife and I have been waiting for you for this past nine years.” Ojii-san face brightening and smile widely. But I still puzzled with the situation. What’s going on here?

“You have to visit me and my wife Yoongie. We have something that we keep and taking care for you. We were waiting until you come back and return it to you.” He almost cry.

“Sorry, but who are you?” Finally I manage to speak those words out from my mouth.

“It’s me Shin Ojii-san and my wife Aya Obaa-san. You and Jongie used to call us like that.”

Ojii-san pat my shoulder softly.

Wait…wait… if I wasn’t wrong, then he must be….and the thing that Ojii-san and Obaa-san taking care for me is….

“Did you found it Shin Ojii-san? You found….” I can’t continue my words again. This sudden news really mak me shock. Ojii-san nod his head enthusiasticly.

I can’t believe this, is this the answer from God. How come He granted my wish so quickly?

Yeah, I have a new choice now.

I still have a hope.

“By the way Yoongie, what are you doing here alone?. It’s dangerous for a women like you.” Ojii-san look around and realize the situation.

“I’m not alone. My friend went to buy some ice creams for me. He will be back in some minutes.”

“Ice cream? In the night? You still didn’t change at all. Then Ojii-san will accompany you until your friend come.” He chuckle while take a seat beside me.

We are talking happily. I’m asking about Aya Obaa-san, the most beautifull woman beside my mothers I’ve ever met (believe me, her face is the same when she was 20 or 30 years old), how is their life now. Ojii-san also told me about Yoshino-cho now, but I’m a bit hesitate when Ojii-san ask about Jongie.

“Uhmm, about Jongie… he…”

I startled when suddenly someone pat my shoulder.

“We need to go! A bunch of men is after you now.” It’s Changmin oppa, but he…

“Oppa, what happened to you? Did you fight with them?” He looks in mess and panting now.

“I try to block them and make some time so we can escape.” Changmin oppa grab my hand.

“Wait oppa!”

It seems that Changmin oppa was in a hurry and didn’t realize there was someone sat beside me before.

“I promise, I’ll visit you in as soon as I can Ojii-san. Say hello to Aya Obaa-san. See you later Ojii-san.” I’m waving my hands cheerfully.

“Let me help you Yoongie.” Suddenly Ojii-san stand up and calling someone in his phone. I don’t realize that Changmin oppa already stoped walking and he froze beside me.

“Yoona, how did you know that old man? Are you fully aware who the old man really is?” He wishper but still loud to hear. Changmin oppa is tense, I notice that because he staring directly at my face.

“Of course, he is my grandfather in Japan. Shinzo Ojii-san. I’ve known him since I was a child.” I’m confidently answer him.

“But Yoona, he is…”

“OVER HERE!!! THEY ARE HERE!!!” We hear someone shouting from across the park. They must be my uncle subordinates. They already knew I’m here. But how?

“! They already get us. Stay behind me Yoona. They are waiting until Jonghyun not with you. !” Changmin oppa lift his guard to protect me.

“He is right Yoongie, stay behind us. We’ll take care of them.” Bwo, Ojii-san, you’re not seriously going to fight them, isn’t you? I never imagine Ojii-san involve into a fight.

“I can fight too, I will help. Three versus well… about fifteen or twenty people is not bad.”

I bravely stand between Changmin oppa and Ojii-san.

“Yoongie, it’s not polite if we, two men let a lady going into a fight while we are here.” Ojii-san, who cares about that polite things when you’re in danger.

“Yeah Yoona, I can’t let you fight with them. Jonghyun surely will kill me.” Changmin oppa, Jonghyun is not here. It’s okay as long as we don’t tell him.

But I just keep my oppinion inside my mind. Because the two man infront of me insist and I don’t have any strength left to argue with them after hours of crying before.

“Miss Yoona, please follow us. We will not harm you.” One of my uncle subordinates talking to me after all of them gather. Seems like he is the leader.

“And if she doesn’t want, what will you do?” Oh my…. Ojii-saaan….!!!

“It’s not your business old man. Stay away.” Okay, now our opponents getting angrier.

“How much they paid you? What clan are you come from?” I could tell Ojii-san is crazy now. And what’s with the clan things?

“Come on old man, you better go. GO AWAY NOW!!!” Uh oh,,, the situation getting worser.

“I think I will stay here. It’s exciting to see your ugly face when we beat you hard.”

Ojii-saaaaaan…. What are you saying? Stop to provoke them.

My uncle subordinates laughing hard. Of course, how come two men (although one of them is young but the other is old) and a woman can beat 23 people(If I wasn’t made any mistake when I’m counting their amount before).

“We will crush the three of you in a minute.” I better give up now. I can’t bear to see something bad happen to Ojii-san and Changmin oppa. But I shocked to hear Ojii-san reply.

“Actually, there are not only the three of us.” Sudddenly a bunch of men come from behind us. They have sharp eyes and ready to fight. My instinc told me that they are strong and dangerous.

“Sorry we are late Oyabun.” One of them greet Ojii-san even deep bowing to Ojii-san. What the hell is going on here.

“It’s okay Kazuma. Now, protect my granddaughter here. Don’t let them touch her.” After that Ojii-san turn his face back to our opponents.

“Now, are you ready to fight?” Ojii-san grin and playfuly mock them.

Someone please tell me who Ojii-san really is? How he can call a bunch of men in a short time. He is so scary now.

The situation among two gtoup is very tense. Each side are waiting to see who will make the first movement. Ojii-san men is the first one who go forward to attack them. But they stopped in first step because suddenly there are a big sounds from about ten cars that stop beside us. Both side suddenly turn their gaze to see the source of the sounds. Another pack of black suit men come out from each car. There are so many of them. We are waiting, which side will this new pack of men stand. But I automatically turn my face to the last person who come from the luxuriest car and curved my best smile to him.

“YOONA!!!”

He is shouting my name. I know everything will be alright when I see his face.

I don't care obout the tense situation in the park now and I run to him, but someone grab my hand. It's one of my uncle's subordinates, he catch me. But before everyone could react, I grab his hand, slammed him to the ground and stepped on his head until he in pain. Everyone eyes staring at me or exactly at the unbelievable sight of my action.

"Don't you try to mess with me!!! I am Im Yoona, black belted and Dan 5 in Hopkido and Taekwondo." Then I look at the person infront of me. The person who occupied my mind for this past saveral hours.

"I ever promised to my friend, that I will come back after I become a strong girl who appropriate to stands beside him as a friend. I'm back........"

 

 

 

 

 

(STILL 25 MAY)

=========================================================================================================================

Finally chapter 6. This is the longest chapter I ever write. Hope you like it. There is 1 chapter left before Joghyun pov.

Fortunately, I write this story in a good condition and my mind doesn’t going wild. I almost made Yoona to fight those people alone, even I make Jonghyun lost Yoona and another crazy things. Fortunately I’m not in crazy mode author anymore. Hfffft.

Forgive me for my wrong grammar, spelling and typo.

And always, Thank you for all the readers, viewers, subscribers and upvoters. It means the whole world for me.

Happy reading all ^o^