NIGHT AND DAWN

To Find You, My Happiness

“COURAGE STARTS WITH SHOWING UP

AND LETTING OURSELVES BE SEEN.”

=========================================================================================================================

 

"I ever promised to my friend, that I will come back after I become a strong girl who appropriate to stands beside him as a friend. I'm back........"

They staring at each other for quite long. There is no need to say any words. Because everything already written in their eyes.

He can see that with all her heart Yoona mean every word she said to him, even a blind man can feel her sincerity. She had fullfiled her promise.

 In other side, Yoona also can see that he understand about her words, he recognize her promise. And she is proud of the man in front of him. He already fullfiled his promise too. To become storng enough, so that he can protect her.

As seconds elapse, they smile at each other, a kind of warm-hearted smile, a smile that only the two of them who understand.

Many couple of eyes staring at them like they are waiting or expecting something to happened. Or actually, maybe they are only wondering how the two human being in front of them can be very calm and act so lovey dovey even they seems don’t care about the soon-there-will-be-a-huge-fight situation around them. Changmin finally give up, he can stand it anymore. Heol, we’re not filming a romance drama but this situation is very awkward.

“LEE JONGHYUN!!! WHAT ARE YOU DOING? TAKE HER OUT FROM THIS MESS! NOW!!!”

Changmin yelled upsetly and glaring to give a sign like do-you-want-her-to-witness-our-devil-side-? face to Jonghyun, so that Jonghyun could back to his sense. After he manage to control himself, Jonghyun approaching Yoona, grab her hand and pull her into his car. He make sure that Yoona is safe on his car, before he command all his men to gather.

“Kill them!!” Simple words from his cold voice tone.

His murderous eyee is enough to kill any people now. His wrath makes all of his men stiffened in horror. Usually, Jonghyun is the most gentle among Kyuline, but tonight is different.He is hideous, like a vampire who thirst of blood. Anyone who made him like this, they better to run away now, though it’s useless. And one more mental note for everyone who witness his wrath tonight, they are forbidden to touch the girl inside his car now. SHE IS JONGHYUNS!!!

After that, Jonghyun enter his car and start to drive the car away from this soon-to-be-blood-war-park. But Yoona stopped him. Her sudden act make Jonghyun look at her with big question mark in his face.

“I want to stay here, please!!!” Yoona said with firmly tone.

“What did you said?” Jonghyun stunned for a moment, he didn’t believe with what he just heard.

“Stay here please! I want to see what kind of world that you’re living in. If it’s the price to stand beside you as your friends, then I want to see that world. I want to know more about my friend, Lee Jonghyun!”

Yoona hold Jonghyun hand and staring at his face directly. Jonghyun can see the determination in her eyes. Her decision is final and undisputable. Jonghyun always hate the way Yoona look at him, because her brown deer eyes always hypnotizing him. His mind screaming to say NO, but in the end his heart will always grant her wish.

He really confusing now. Even he never allowed Jiyeon to witness what he and Kyuline did. But Yoona…

“Are you sure?”

 “I’m sure!”

Yes, this time she is really ready. She is one hundred percent sure. She always  being the girl who only know the good side and ignoring everything besides that. She can’t run anymore and pretend that everything is okay but actually not.

Jonghyun can’t argue more. He know it’s useless. Yoona is as stubborn as he is and he ever experienced the worst result when their stubbornness overwhelmed them when they were fighting. Finally he let Yoona.

 In silence, they are watching from inside the car the brutal and stern scene in front of them while holding each other hands.

Yoona uncle’s subordinates attacked by overwhelmed numbers from Ojii-san and Jonghyuns men.

How they beaten badly until they can’t stand anymore.

How she clearly hear the sounds of swords and guns everywhere.

How the blood spilled from all bodies of her uncle men.

Changmin and Ojii-san who calmly standing in the center of the chaos caught her attention.

How mercyless, cold, sadistic and cruel their eyes when they watched their men do theirs job.

It’s like they are watching a movie or maybe because they had watched hundreds scenes like this, so this kind of chaos means nothing to them.

Horror scream of pain are roaring in the air for a few minutes before silence overwhelmed the park.

It’s the sign that her uncle’s men already died.

Yoona, for the first time she witness how brutal and harsh the world it is, the world that she doesn’t know, Jonghyuns world.

Suddenly all the scene in front of her change into the long road sight. Jonghyun already drove his car away from the park. Deep in her heart, he feel thankful to Jonghyun.

From the very first time, Jonghyuns eyes always on Yoona.

He watch every detail of her emotion and her reaction.

How hard she tried to prevent herself from divert her gaze or to close her eyes.

How hard she tried to hold her scream and do not cry.

How her eyes widener and her grip on his hands tighter every time the scene become more brutal.

 How she hold her breath when she saw her uncle’s men killed.

How she keep stiffened even after the fight is over

Jonghyun knows, That was the time to take Yoona away from the park before she burst into tears. Jonghyun cursed himself. He made a big mistake to let Yoona watched the bloody fight before.

“Jonghyun-ah…”

“Huh?” Yoona sweet voice call him back from his own deep thought.

“Sing for me a lullabye please!!! I want to sleep now.”

Of course he was very surprised with the sudden mood change of Yoona. She was trembling before. Jonghyun knew because they were and still holding each others hand.  But now she act like a little kid who whining for a lullabye whenever the bedtime come. Yoona still staring whiningly at Jonghyun. Slowly Jonghyun start to sing a lullabye and Yoona always loves his voice everytime he sing. She smile widely as she started to sleep.

+++++++++

IN THE PARK, AFTER THE FIGHT

“Hallo old man! Long time no see.”

Changmin is the first one who nonchalantly start the conversation after they ‘cleaned’ the park.

“You never change young man. Always a spoiled little brat.” Shinzo Ojii-san face become hideous.

“I feel honored you still remember me.” Changmin smile widely but creepy. Everyone know it’s a fake smile. The awkward and tense situation covered the air. Yes, they were an ally at the fight before because their same intend to protect Yoona. But now is a different stories. There might be second round.

“I have no interest in your prank tonight, little brat. Tell your friend and Yoongie to meet me tomorrow. I have something for them.”

“I’m not your postman and Jonghyun would never like the idea to let Yoona visit you, old man. I’m sure that you were the reason why those kids fought and separated long time ago.” Changmin sarcastically said the truth and make Shinzo Ojii-san stunned for a flash moment. After that, Changmin left the park, leaving the old man and his men.

+++++++++

“Yoona-yah, ireona.”

Jonghyun softly shakes the sleep woman beside her.

“Oh, we finnaly arrived at home?” Yoona reply in uninteresting mood.

“No, we’re not at home. Come on, you’ll like this place!.”

Half awake, Yoona moves his body out from the car. But her eyes immediately fully open after she saw the beautiful sight in front of them. A scenery of ocean and sky with bright stars and full moon.

“Yaaaay!!! Beach!!! Sea!!!”

She run happily, but…..BRUKKK

She fall in the sand. There is a small rock.

“Gwenchana? You are careless as usual.” Jonghyun help Yoona to stand. Fortunately nothing happened to her.

“I’m fine. I just forgot that I still wear this kimono. Aisssh, it’s hard to move freely with this clothes.” Yoona pouted childishly.

“Come on! I Promise, we will watch the sunrise later. But we have to eat first. I know you didn’t eat anything at the party before. And we have to change our clothes too.”  Jonghyun pointed at the tuxedo that he wearing. Athough we know he is stunningly handsome in that suit.

They walk to the nearest cottage in the beach.Well when it’s come to the food, this two shikshin is absolutely exciting. At the car before, when Yoona slept, Jonghyun called one of his worker to prepare everything include to clear the beach area and to not let anyone enter this area. He can risk her safety again.

When they entered the cottage, Yoona run to the dining room. But she stop when Jonghyun drag her and told to take a bath and change her clothes first. Yoona pouted but she finally heading to the room which supposed to used by her. She is about to showering herself when she saw a little brown creature crawl near her feet. Her eyes widened in shock.

“AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH…….!!!!!”

Hear scream shaking the whole cottage. Jonghyun who already finished bathing run as fast as he can to her room. He is sure that he has increase the guard around the beach. What makes Yoona screaming afraidly like that?

Yoona hide behind Jonghyun as soon as she saw Jonghyun rushed to her room or exactly the bathroom.

“What happened Yoona?” Jonghyun panickly ask her. He scaning the whole corner of the bathroom to find the threat.

“Over there!!! Please shove it away!!!” Yoona pointing toward the left corner of the room.

Jonghyun turn his gaze only to find…. A VERY LITTLE COCKROACH! Then he look at Yoona.

“Seriously Yoona? You made the whole cottage panick just because of this?” Jonghyun shaking his head because the fact that she is still afraid in that innocent creature.

“Whatever! Just shove it away now!” Yoona don’t care if she is mastering Hopkido and Taekwondo. Who cares about that, she is really afraid now. Finally she relieve after Jonghyun shove it away from her. But something caught their attention and that’s is more embarrassing.

“Uhmm, Jonghyun…..You…you can leave now.” She stuttering and her face reddener and she wish there is a hole now so that she can hide herself.

Jonghyun a little confused but he nod as he suddenly realize their situation now.

“Aisshhh, I shoud be more carefull next time. We are not a kid anymore. Why did she grow up beautifuly like that? ” He mumbled in frustration when he already outside.

They were busy with sreaming and the cockroach thing before. Both of them didn’t realize that it was a bathroom and of course Yoona was . In other hand, Jonghyun is almost the same like her. Because he just finished bathing, he only wear a towel which only covered his private part. Practically, he too. That’s the most embarrassing moment among them. They mentally scold themselves.

+++++++++

LEE’S HOUSE

“I’m back!!!”

 Changmin greet four people who waiting right in front of the front door. Kyuhyun who busily mumbled and nagging, Minho who hugged Ai-chan to calm her and Joonmyun who leaned on the wall and drowning in his mind.

“Finally one of you is back home, we were worried to death you know! Aissh!!!”

Kyuhyun stomped his feet because he couldn’t stand anymore.

“What do you mean? Where is Jonghyun and Yoona? They supposed to came home first. They left the park before me.” Changmin looking around to see any sign of his two dongsaengs.

“Jonghyun hyung and Yoona noona, still don’t come back yet. What happened hyung? We are very Shocked when you called Jonghyun hyung at the party before. Even Mr. and Mrs. Lee dismissed the party when they heard the news.” Joonmyun the most compose person among them answer Changmin.

“If Yoona noona is with Jonghyun hyung now, that’s mean she is safe now. Why don’t you drove Noona straight to home hyung? You know how dangerous it is! Not only because someone is after noona, but the whole nation already saw that she is someone close to Jonghyun! ” Minho glaring at Changmin, Yoona is her favourite noona after all.

“Yoona is strong enough Minho, you know that.I can't believe that she is a Dan 5 in Hopkido and Tekwondo!  AND BY THE WAY, DIDN’T ALL OF YOU ALREADY KNEW THE REASON WHY SHE LEFT THE PARTY EARLIER? ALL OF YOU HEARD EVERYTHING ABOUT MY CONVERSATION WITH YOONA BY THE PHONE.” He grinned mischievously.

Yeah, he smell something fishy about Jonghyun and especially Yoona strange behavior at the party before. Changmin decided to call other kyuline and let his phone still on while he was talking with Yoona. Obviously, they also knew about Yoongie and Jongie now.

“They have to tell me EVERYTHING!!! I will not let them, just wait until they get home and they’ll see the hideous interrogation of detective Kyuhyun. How dare they lied to me about their relationship!!!” Now Kyuhyun exchange mischievious smile with Changmin. Joonmyun and Minho know what is the meaning of their smiles. Their hyungs are making an evil plan in their mind. Uh-oh, Jonghyun hyung and Yoona noona will be dead soon.

“Minnie onii-chan, Otou-san and Okaa-san is waiting for you in their room. They need your confirmation about Yoona now.” Ai-chan intercept Kyuhyun and Changmin in the middle of their planning to torture Jonghyun.

“ I have to go now. Before I forget, there is one more thing again. Yoona, she know about that old man. She is close to him. Even they consider each other as grandfateher and granddaughter. ” Changmin said before he going to the Jonghyuns parent and left the others in shock.

“Minnie onii-chan, behave yourself. There is a guest too, beside my parent.” Ai-chan yelled before Changmin vanished.

“Now everyone we have to settle our plan. Since Jonghyun is the only one among us who NGSB (No girlfriend since birth), I want to make him and Yoona be a couple. Dongsaengs, your job is to take care of Yoona. Left Jonghyun to me and Changminie.”

After that they discussed for the whole night about their crazy plan to Jonghyun and Yoona. Even Joonmyun is affected by his Kyuline brothers and support the plan.

+++++++++

“WOW!!!”

Yoona shouting happily when she saw there are many foods served by the maids. She easily forget about the embarrassing moment in the bathroom before. Jonghyun chuckling because of her childish behavior.

Before Yoona eat, she notice that there are some stain in the table. It’s a food stain. She look at the maids who giggling and then at Jonghyun. Now she know why. Of course those maids couldn’t concentrate on their job since there was a shirtless hot man in front of them. Did I said Jonghyun was hot? Yes, he is. Indeed.

“Jonghyun, wear your shirt!” Yoona scold him.

Jonghyun who innocently sit at his chair is confused with Yoona. He sighing, what have he done again? This is the second time Yoona act strangely at him. She is upSet because something that he doesn’t know. It’s better to not argue with Yoona now. If not, she will nonstop nagging later. He is dashing toward his room and wear a white shirt.

Yoona satisfied when she saw Jonghyun wear his shirt now. Somehow, the idea of letting Jonghyun exposed his errr…. hot body to another woman make her feel upset. Those women see Jonghyun like they want to eat him alive. Yoona really doesn’t like their flirty eyes. Futhermore, the sight of Jonghyun shirtless still affected her, although she has seen him shirtless three times. Who told him to grow up charmingly handsome!

“Now eat, it’s already 3am.” Jonghyun poked her forehead. But Yoona doesn’t care since she is so hungry.

+++++++++

OSAKA

“You’re late Shin darling. How was the party?” A beautiful old woman greeting his husband who just come and kiss her cheek, Shinzo Ojii-san.

“Sorry dear. I got into some troubled on the way home.” He caressing her hand lovingly.

“Are you alright?” Of course she is worried, since his husband is the almighty leader of the scared noble family clan in Japan and the whole world know that.

“More than ever. I have a very good news for you dear.” He smiled blissfully.

“I have a good news too. But tell yours first.”

“I found Yoongie dear, she is back.” The old woman give him disbelief face, but she crying because of happiness when she realized that her husband not lie to her.

“Thank God, finally we can return it to her. I hope they will not fight anymore.”

“Yeah Ayame dear, I wish for that too. Anyway, tell me about your good news too. I’m starting to curious now.”

“Our grandson, he is back. He wasn;t die in that accident tenty five years ago. A kind family hide him so no one would hurt him.”

“Are you sure it’s him? Not some fakes again?”

“Yeah it’s him. He bring his father pendant. He really resembled to Shinichi.”

“Azuka must be happy to see her nephew. Finally, we can let her son free from the task that supposed to handle not by her son.”

“I hope everything will be alright after this. Yhey deserve to be happy, Yoongie and our grandchild”

“I wish for that too”

They hugging each other because of the happy news tonight. Finally, a glimpse of hope.

+++++++++

After eating their dinner or exactly predawn meal, both of them decide to sit at the beach in front of the cottage. They are staring at the night sky with many stars shining brightly in the sky. It’s a romantic place for couple, but unfortunately they are not.

“Jonghyun…”

“Wae Yoona?”

“Praise me!” Jonghyun turned his gaze into Yoona because her sudden out of blue words.

“I have done my best before.”

Finally Jonghyun understand. Yes, she has done her best at the park before. Her effort to not cry, scream or faint is something that Jonghyun value more.

“Yes, you did it greatly. Thank you Yoona!” Jonghyun patted her head and starting to caress her hair.

But suddenly Yoona burst into tears. She has hold her tears from the park. Maybe because Jonghyun warmth hands in her head, she feel safe, she can rely on Jonghyun.

Jonghyun take her into his embrace, this time he let Yoona cry. She need to cry to ease her fear. He promise to himself, he would never let Yoona witness those kind of things again.

+++++++++

LEE’S HOUSE

“How’s Yoona now?” Mr. Lee ask when Changmin entered the room.

“She is with Jonghyun,  I don’t know where they are now. But I’m sure she is safe. Jonghyun will protect her.” Changmin answer in firmly tone. The three person in front of him sighed. They are relieved with hus news.

“Anyway Changmin, she is Lee Hani, Jonghyun aunt. She need your help, since Jonghun always around you.” Mrs. Lee introduced the beautiful middle-aged woman in front of him.

“Sure, I’ll help you madame.” Changmin put his confident smile.

“My son just died ten days ago. Yasterday I found a letter that supposed to be sent to Jonghyun. I think this is an important letter. Please give it to Jonghyun. And only Jonghyun who may read this letter.”

Lee Hani don’t tell Changmin furthermore about the content of the letter. But from her gesture, Changmin know something had happened between Jonghyun and her son in the past. Who is her son? Why did Changmin never saw him? Kyuline always together since seven or eIght years ago. He surely will dig about that later.

+++++++++

“Yoona, ireona! The sun is about to rise.”

Yoona slowly open her eyes. She fell a sleep after crying in Jonghyun embrace. The sight of sunrise in front of them with wonderful coloured reflection in the seasurface is beautifull.

“Jonghyun, Gomawo.”

“You’re welcome.”

“And Jonghyun, look at me please!”

Yoona cupped his face and out of blue she is slapping Jonghyun in both of his cheeks. Jonghyun who shocked from her sudden action hold her hands which is about to slap him for the second time. His cheeks is redden now, we can see it clearly since he has paler skin than normal human.

“Why did you slap me Yoona?”

“I hate you!” Yoona nonchalantly answer him.

The question mark in Jonghyun face become bigger now.

“I had done the best to be your friend but you made an expression that I hate the most last night!”

“What kind of expression?” Jonghyun still puzzle with Yoona.

“My old friend ever made the same expression like you when he pushed me away from him. That’s the expression of someone who blaming himself because he can’t protect someone. That’s the expression of someone who give up because of frustration. The hands of a person can take up no more than another person. That’s why we treasure our friends who can help us protect everyone. Don’t you dare to make any kind of that expression again. Promise?” Yoona angrily scold him. But she rise her pinkie finger to Jonghyun.

Jonghyun smile warmly. Yoona really know well every detail of him.

“ I promise!”

Jonghyun show his pinkie finger and entwine it with hers. Yoona blissfully curved a smile.

“Now, would you mind to tell me why did you act strangely at the party last night?” Now it’s Jonghyun turn to interrogate her. He is really uneasy when Yoona called him 'Jonghyun-ssi' last night.

“Uhmmm, nothings happened. I just not feeling well at the time.” Yoona turn around her face to avoid Jonghyuns sharp eyes.

“Don’t lie to me Yoona! Look at me now! Is it something related to your conversation with Okaa-san?” Yoona stunned for a moment. He hit the point. She cursed the fact that they really can read each other mind. Jonghyun impatiently hold her chin and turn her face to him. He would never let Yoona until she tell the truth. And Yoona knows exactly that she can’t escape.

“Uhmm… well… your mom told me that she is the one who ask you to protect me. And I remember that you told me the same thing when we were at Kansai International airport.” Yoona hesitantly tell him.

“So?” Jonghyun furrowing his eyebrows, demanding Yoona to continue her story.

“Because of that, I think that we…ehmm…you never really…” Yoona stop talking as she realize that Jonghyun face is very close with her. Their forehead touch each other and their lips almost touched. She can fell his breath clearly. Somehow this situation make her nervous. She gasp and her heart beat fastly, especially because Jonghyun is staring intensely straight at her eyes.

“Do you think that I’m unwillingly to protect you? Do you think that I’m never care about you? Do you think that I’m NEVER sincere to be your friend for all of this time?” Jonghyun finished her words. A simple nod answer from Yoona made him more upset.

“Although we have so many things to settle first, you know I’m not the type of person who half-hearted do something. No one can force me to do something that I don’t like. Why do you always make your own conclusion without asking me first? Please Yoona, you know me better than everyone else! ERASE THAT NONSENSE THOUGHT FROM YOUR HEAD OR I’LL KISS YOU NOW!”

Jonghyun really mad now. He never thought that Yoona who is his friend will think that way about him. His face full of anger because the beautiful girl in front of him really underestimated his feelings. And Yoona who still silent and didn't say anything, only makes him angrier. Unconciously he leaned forward, he hold her head and passionately …Jonghyun kiss Yoona!

 

 

 

 

(MIDNIGHT AND DAWN OF 26 MAY)

=========================================================================================================================

Chapteeeerrrr 7??????????

I’m badly need your advice please. This is the first time I write a story from author POV. As you know, i'm really a beginner, Help me please, because there are more chapter from author PV in the future. Please bear with me if this cahpter is not satisfied all of you. And as I promise, next chapter will be Jonghyun POV. HAPPY VALENTINE DAY ALL!!!!!!!!

And always, Thank you for all the readers, viewers, subscribers and upvoters. It means the whole world for me.

Happy reading all ^o^