Principal's son

Training wheels

Jungkook heading back from his school, arriving at Itaewon at 7 pm on a random work day.

 

“Hyung, are these your baby pictures?” The boy asked as he genuinely only came across them after he knocked over some things in the corner of the room as he was placing his textbooks there. Having such a strong stance over his own privacy, he would respect the other’s privacy as well. As he crouched down he started noticing a small boy and his brows furrowed, but he recognized those eyes. It was Yoongi hyung as a small, little one! Jungkook loved kids they were the cutest thing in the universe to him. Someday wishing to have his own. Once upon a time all people were innocent kids with a bright future ahead of them. Nobody was good nor evil. Your slate was clean and you could be anything you want to be.

Sometimes Jungkook felt as if he never grew up.

“I really wanted to take them when I left home for some reason, dunno. It’s rude to go through my stuff like this..did you know that?”

“You can go through my stuff.” Jungkook let out a small white lie about his comfort level just to get his hyung off of his back, since he felt naughty today and since he was always so truthful and kind, a white lie always passes by everybody in his life.

“You don’t really have much on offer, baby.” Yoongi said, frowning.

“Sorry..all of my pictures were woosh…burnt. But y-y-ou’re s-so cute.” He said as he stared at the couple of photos the older had. Yoongi came up to the boy crouching and stood behind him, observing him as he flipped trough photos.

“I- I wasn’t s-that cute when I was little.” Jungkook spoke so freely, making Yoongi smile.

“You’re still little! Anyway, I should really throw those out. Burn all evidence of my childhood.”

“No! They’re m-memories. They’re precious.” Jungkook let out his strong opinion as if it was matter of fact. The boy only knew his childhood and his memories, not having friends as he grew up gave him a lack of empathy for other's struggles. All he knew was that his memories with the family were the most important things, but the lack of photographs and his struggle with remembering his family's faces make him think he'll loose every last bit of the small parts he does remember about his childhood.

“…Whatever. Who cares? Throw them out. If I see them again, I’ll throw them away.” He said as he got mad with no explanation behind his anger and proceeded to walk outside, Jungkook shrugged it off. 

Oh Goodness, if only people appreciated their memories as much as Jungkook did, he breathed out deeply trough his nose and put the three pictures in his locked cabined drawer, since if he would to carry them around he’d seem like a child molester. If only he had pictures of grown up Min Yoongi to carry around, he would. In his wallet for sure, that's where people put pictures of their kids or loved ones. That's where his mother put pictures of him and his brother.

That’s creepy as well Jungkook, stop it. You were supposed to be studying right now, focus.

 

A few days after Jungkook's absence in school, 10:30 am

 

Jungkook opened his eyes as he found himself in the middle of a many colorful flowers surrounding him on all sides, the field expanding for an infinity.

He could pick any one of them, he could do anything, but the boy stood frozen as a soft breeze hit his nostrils. The smelt of ash and cigarettes mixed in with cheap cologne on his right, making him turn his head in curiosity.

Was it him?

Oh, it was just the sea. Jungkook knew where to go now, he went to the sea, moving away from the confusion of the colors he was trapped in, oh yes. The sea was so simple. It smelled so nice. Even though the smell of smoke scratched at his throat, he was still delighted to indulge in it..

He was already bare foot as he stepped on the sandy beach.

Strange.

As he turned to his right he saw Taehyung as a child, not as an adult, even though Jungkook was an adult. This made him seem much more approachable than he looks right now. He was sketching robots and cars as he usually would with his markers. Tracing and copying images from his mangas he read, or the animes he watched, feeling quite proud of the results after it. It was kind of adorable if Jungkook thought about it.

“What are you drawing?” Jungkook asked as he spoke to him as he would to a little brother or sister.

“I can’t show you.” He said as he looked up at the raven haired older boy, squatting next to him.

“Why?”

“They’re not good enough. ” He told him and Jungkook nodded and stood up to move on.

“Who cares…just have fun, Tae Tae.” He said back, leaving and receiving no response.

Barefoot, the boy walked past the broken alcohol bottles and leftover needles on the beach and dodged them easily with his feet. You just had to know where to step. It was easy. He walked carefully into the sea, taking the first, freezing step. The sea was so cold and harsh it rejected any visitors with its temperatures. ‘Ow’ Jungkook said at the sea.

“Ow….ow..ow!” Jungkook yelled as he woke up from the dream, birds chirping as he awoke.

...What a weird dream…

,,,he thought as he laid back on the bed, still smelling the smell which means Yoongi was home and safe. Mostly weed and cologne. Not the most pleasant of aromas to most, nor to him, but he started to get used to it.

Even though he was aware of his presence, the boy won’t disturb him though, his presence was such a comfort to the youth, he’d much rather just lay down and soothe himself. It was the same thing when he smells mint chewing gums on other people. It reminded him of his mum, she always smelt like freshness and mint, especially her coats. His brother on the other hand smelt like axe and cigarettes, like Taehyung and his friend smell like now. Oddly soothing as well. The head of the Jeon household had no smell, well, maybe he smelled like the fishes he always cooked and fried. They always ate sea food in their household. Now he only eats…ramen, rice and more ramen with sandwiches at times. Their fridge always had booze in it in comparison to the food which frustrated Jungkook to think about, so he just went back to sleep.

The older drank and smoked for his meals while Jungkook was used to starving. Neither was too good.

 

Yoongi was sitting on a blanket that was always laid out on the man’s balcony, all throughout the year. Grey smoke of the cigarette was mixed with the frozen white breath of the man. He was sporting knee high grey wooly socks with a frilly lace top and black boxers with an oversized jacket on top. He like girl’s socks. They were much more fun, he liked socks with different patterns as well. A lot of loud colors that only he could see, a lot of fun textures only he could feel. Nobody noticed obviously, they were socks for God’s sake, left hidden under trousers he wore. That wasn’t Yoongi’s intention, but he thought it added something to his black and grey hued clothing he usually paired up with ripped jeans or something so that he doesn’t stand out too much. With the jacket only he could still see the cuts on his thighs, but it bothered him not.

At his home, even with the other presence there, he could be himself. Do whatever he wants, since Jungkook was more of a mouse than an annoying presence.

He noticed that his sleeping flat mate has a scar on his cheek as well. He thought about what Jungkook wore and almost everything had holes in them, but his beanies were florescent and his shoes were always yellow, it was the only pair he had.

The clothing were always matched up with a ripped up green backpack. It was almost as if he didn’t think too much or at all about fashion since his shirts were all the same size and design but in different colors. His pants were old fashioned and unsightly to say the least.

Shame, he could be very handsome, Yoongi thought. But then again, does the boy go out that often to show off his wardrobe? Guess not. He has no need, high schoolers shouldn’t care about fashion either way. Jungkook didn’t care about such things, no, since the boy was too busy with working as hard as he did, he was always such a good boy. Yoongi thought. If only his parents or anybody was there for him to acknowledge it. Yoongi had his father and brother, yet he never accomplished anything in his life, but Jungkook’s and his room was decorated only with medals and trophies from all the brainy smart competitions he went to.

When Yoongi asked about them, all Jungkook said was ‘They don’t really matter, as long as I’m the best. I would throw them out but they’re the only thing that I have.’ That and this lipbalm. It was bizzare. The guy really had nothing to his name but that and his bizzare lip balm he keeps showing off and smearing all across his face and above and under his lips. It left a darker shade of red so it was clearly seen. Idiot.

 

Yongi has black coffee with only one sugar on the floor next to him he sipped every so often, earphones in his ears that weren’t playing any music since he was tired of the same old songs playing, as he stared onto the parking lot in front of their apartment block. It was the weekend, so nothing much was going on in the morning besides birds chirping and leaves blowing. He was supposed to be sleeping right about now, but the younger was taking up the bedroom. All the time. He started sleeping in for 12, 14 hours. When he was awake, the boy went to work, did some school work, then watched television, barely ate, went back to sleep.

The high schooler did that for three days in a row now. Yoongi didn’t know why he cared, but he did. Besides, he could bark at him to get the hell out of his room when he’s supposed to sleep, but he’s letting him stay and sleep instead. It wasn’t a heavenly feeling of sleeping on a mattress on the floor, but it’s better than the couch. Hell, he’d sleep next to him, but Jungkook specifically said to never do that. Asking to be left completely alone for a minimum of ten hours, the boy would lock himself into his room and focus on his work, or slept. Hating to be disturbed or bothered during the time.

After that hug and hand holding three days ago, the youth was back to his old self of refusing human contact or sympathy. Slept for more than half of the day, but looked as if he hasn’t slept a wink.

Yoongi was broken off his track of thought as he heard their broken doorbell being rang causing him to jump up so that it stops being pressed since it gets stuck often and it could wake up Jungkook, spilling his coffee all over on the damn blanket from it being accidentally pushed over as he walked over to the door.

“!” He whispered at the scenario in front of him, since he’ll have to clean this up because of the person at the door. They never had any visitors. And he does mean, never. Yoongi goes out to meet up with people and Jungkook, well, he’s self-explanatory. Nobody was ever close enough to them to be invited to their apartment.

“What?!” He asked as he forcefully opened the door. The scared boy of a school age looked Yoongi up and down, baffled by the strange appearance. Why was he wearing a jacket inside? Then shook his head and started speaking.

“Excuse me for disturbing you, but is Jungkook, Jeon Jungkook here?” He asked with an annoyingly high pitched voice as Yoongi frowned at him with murder in his eyes. A boy looking for friendless Jungkook three days after they beat the living hell out of him and left him to fend for himself. He was lucky they didn’t take his backpack that day so that he was able to call somebody.

“ right off. Nice try, though.” Yoongi said as he slammed the door into the kid’s nose, resulting in a loud thud. His fault for standing so close to the door. The man wished this would be the last noise of the day to have the possibility to wake the younger up from his sleep.

“Please! I need to talk to him about the project! Please! This is the address the school gave me!” He spoke through the door as Yoongi rolled his eyes and opened the door again to see the boy gripping his nose in pain.

“Yah, yah! Could you say that more loudly?! The er’s asleep. It’s 10 am, kids sleep that long on weekends, even longer. What’s wrong with you then, huh? What do you want, you little troll doll?” Yoongi hissed as his behavior started to scare the small boy. What's wrong with this guy?

“I- don’t know!” He said informally as Yoongi smacked the side of his head to the boy’s surprise.

“This kid likes to speak informally to people older than him?! Do you want to die??” He said as he smacked him a couple of more times over the head the way his hyungs used to do.

“I’m sorry, hyung! You look much younger.” He said as the older stopped hitting him because of it and calmed down.

“Well, that’s okay then. Errrm, do you want me to wake him up ? You can just sit on the sofa in the meantime.” Yoongi said, unsure. The younger nodded and sat down on the sofa. He realized the ‘ jacket inside of the house’ thing since he was freezing his off in the apartment.

“O- what’s your name?” He asked, just in case if Jungkook didn’t want to see him.

“Bambam.” The boy responded, Yoongi scrunched his eyebrows.

“Bam…bam…Ah-is that an American thing?”

“Thai, it’s a Thai thing.”

“I like your people’s food.”

“Thanks. You should turn on the heating, it’s freezing.” The annoying kid gave the oh –so-helpful advice.

“Do I look rich to you, child?”

“No.” He responded with a straight face causing Yoongi’s smile dropped as he blinked at his stupidity. Was Jungkook’s entire class as stupid as him? Public schools are failing the youth.

Yoongi lost track of his thought as he went inside of the room, which reeked of sweat. He went on his knees to face the youth’s face and started slapping his cheek so he’d wake up.

The younger blinked himself awake and looked at his pretty hyung, not knowing what was going on, but the older wasn’t panicking so neither was Jungkook.

“Hey, a dude is looking for you.” He said and Jungkook’s face grew full of panic.

“His name is Bambam, he says you have a project to do?” He said quietly to the younger not to rile him up, the boy has completely forgotten, responding by closing his eyes again and flipped over on the mattress, forcing Yoongi to choose what’s best for Jungkook even though he can’t choose what’s the best option for his-damn-self most of the time. Having this little brother around was so hard, Yoongi only ever had an older brother. God, it’s so much easier to just not care, but there’s a nagging thing in the back of his head saying he can’t just let Jungkook become a house plant he got and forgot to water and put in the sunlight.

“If you get up now, I’ll order pizza for both of us and then we can watch cartoons together, okay? We don’t need to talk about it. Come on. Up. Now.” The pink haired man bargained as he lightly kicked the boy’s lower back with his sock covered feet, softly. The pink haired man noticed the younger will do anything Yoongi says, so he had to put it to some good use.

The boy listened to his flat mate and got up, not changing any of his clothes for the second day in a row and walking towards the living room.

Bambam was looking around the small apartment and looked at the industrial size box of condoms placed shamelessly on top of the table, next to half eaten bags of crisps and party snacks scattered on the floor and table. A few coca cola and beer cans were there in the pile of trash as well, making a very unsightly image. It was a flat shared my two male’s, for sure.

The visitor heard footsteps so he turned around to see the boy, his jaw rudely dropping at the sight, he quickly realized then closed it and acted as if he saw nothing at all. The boy had a slight limp to add to his beaten face as well. He was carrying a laptop under his armpit as he sat down and opened it on his lap, without expressing too much embarrassment of his current state.

He seemed sleepy. The better word would be tired. Worn out.

“Sorry for waking you up.. It’s my fault, I got here too early.” Bambam said to the other who nodded to what he said. Jungkook wasn’t speaking and the hyung was walking around them, watching them like a hawk. The mood of the room was weird.

“I just thought to ask when we’d work for the project. Your phone is shut off as well..so.. “ Bambam said as Jungkook nodded once again. He saw Jin and Bambam trying to contact him, so he just shut it off completely, not wishing to talk to anybody.

 His laptop finally and he searched for a file, which appeared to be their entire project with 14000 words that should’ve been equally shared between each member of the group, he’s done it all. After opening the document he showed the laptop to Bambam.

“Oh! I see…You didn’t have to do that, aren’t you sick or something? I thought you were sick so that the three of us do it instead.” Bambam said to the youth, who was incredibly quiet even for his usual self. Bambam could’ve sworn he started speaking more recently, almost becoming more friendly and open. Well, that has stopped.

 He put the laptop on the other’s lap and pointed at the screen, for him to write his mail address for the file to be sent.

He did and Jungkook slammed the laptop shut after it sent and put it on the coffee table. More like tossed it on it. The younger looked at Yoongi who looked at Bambam as if they spoke in that very moment.

“You better leave now. “ The pink haired man said in a menacing tone which Bambam nodded to and got up to exit.

“Rest more, Jungkookie…I’ll tell the others. Thank you. I hope to see you in school, soon!” Bambam said as Jungkook gave him a thumbs up across the back of his shoulders as he stood up and headed towards the bedroom, slamming the door shut, making Yoongi flinch and frown with his entire face.

 

X

 

Bambam went to school on Monday as he sat next to Taehyung, since Jimin wasn’t thrilled about them sitting together either way. Him and Hoseok eventually switched seats, but he sat next to Taehyung to tell him the good news.

“Tae, the project is done, we won’t get an F.” He said to the other as Yoo Yeonja overheard and ran over to the boys.

“Bambam, is Jungkook okay? You saw him, right?” She asked, extremely worried for her friend.

“He looked really bad…drawn into himself, he would never think to even speak to you let alone to cuss you out. It’s as if he’s back to his old..old.. ways.” He said as Taehyung swallowed his spit.

“What to do? What do you think happened?” The girl asked, but only Taehyung and a few other people knew.

“After I analyzed the situation… he is gay and his gay boyfriend is abusing him…but the problem is that he is really small and thin and Jungkook is big, but he is also older…so I’m thinking it’s emotional abuse…plus that he pushed him down the stairs. He looks like he’s been pushed down the stairs that’s for sure. Maybe the guy was like ‘you wanna go to school? You’ll die before you do that’. Boom! Punch! Aghhhhh, blood everywhere! He was so mean, like a bridge troll.” Bambam told his theory as if he was on a stage and caused Yoo to gasp out loud. Bambam nodded to the gasp, he was positive that is what happened. Probably. He doesn’t know, actually.

“Omo…that’s just terrible!”

“Pretty damn dramatic, if I say so.” Bambam said to the two, Yoo didn’t know what to think.

“Is he not alright at all?” A question came from the usually drawn back, popular kid who cared about nobody that just sits next to him.

“No…goodness. I mean it could be anything. It’s sad, almost if he’s throwing his academics in the trash with this weird behavior. What the hell is going on, I don’t know but, I hope he comes back soon, shame. Well, our project is done at least, what a hard working guy. He texted me that he’ll be at school today, but he’s not. Maybe he’s still resting.” Bambam said as he sighed. Yoo went back to her seat too after hearing the crazy theory to think about it. Bambam only got the text because Jungkook didn’t want to get written up again.

 

Taehyung still remembered the day he blocked Jungkook’s number. Once he even called him every hour for eight hours, so Taehyung just blocked his number because he felt as if somebody stabbed him in the gut every time he called and he couldn’t answer.

 

The boy walked into the classroom, ignoring everyone’s questions on his whereabouts and about his beaten up state. A chilly presence to everyone in the class. It was as if somebody shut him off. He took out his books as if everything was normal. Bambam got up, not asking any questions, respectfully. Taehyung looked at him with sadness in his heart. He has made his life even harder, he’s ed up big time. The brunette needs to repent himself so that Jungkook feels okay again.

He needs to water the seed of the white lily so that the flower of innocence could be reborn inside of the youth.

They don’t even talk, and he’s made him this way. There is no way to be friends with him, besides, Jimin would stop talking to him. Nobody knew but Jimin, outside of school was the happiest, loveliest kid. He was just extremely insecure about himself, but Taehyung loved him no matter what that’s what friends are for. But he didn’t do that with Jungkook, he threw him away and replaced him with someone who wasn’t as broken. Now, he’s sitting back as his used to be best friend gets abused.

Taehyung always took the easy path and he wanted to stop doing so.

Eventually, the day passed as normal, people stopped asking questions since they got no answer and it was lunch break.

“Tae taeee~! I don't know what to get to eat, come and help. Come on!” Jimin whined, Taehyung stood up and everyone eventually left and left Jungkook alone. Taehyung saw Yoo, coming in to get food from the cafeteria, then heading straight out. She usually stayed inside, strange.

“Not hungry?” Yugyeom asked as he looked at his friend’s food with a full mouth, wishing to stuff his face some more.

“Don’t touch it. I’m going to eat this outside. Don’t feel like talking.” He said harshly as he stood up to leave, making Yugyeom shrug as he put the last bite of his food in his mouth and just took food from somebody else’s plate instead.

“Moody bastard.” Jimin said to Yugyeom who didn’t care as he continued eating. Taehyung saw that Yoo was sitting in his seat with Jungkook in his seat, she tried to feed him but Jungkook kept pushing it away, or turning his head. She sighed and continued to eat her food.

“Aish, you look sickly. Do you even eat anything?” She asked, worried. She was too frustrated to eat. Jungkook just looked through the window.

Taehyung walked in the classroom, but only Yoo looked at him.

“Yah, Jeon Jungkook.” He said rudely out of instinct, Jungkook didn’t even flinch. As Taehyung approached him, Jungkook slouched to make himself seem smaller and looked straight ahead at his desk. Almost as if he was petrified and didn’t want to seem disrespectful. Taehyung put the food tray on his desk carefully.

“I didn’t touch it…you can eat all of it.” Taehyung said as he played with his sleeves, trying not to do anything intimidating.

“Omo! Go away! You’re making him uncomfortable, you baboon!” The girl shouted, feeling brave for some reason as she noticed the poor boy’s body language, unlike the unaware boy.

“O-okay.” Taehyung quickly scattered out of the classroom. Yoo was surprised at how easy that was. Normally, Taehyung was quite a hard headed when confronted, but there were no pulling on the horns of this bull to get him to leave. 

“Yeah! You go away! I am basically a noona, tch. I am amazing.” She said, Jungkook pushed the tray towards her, refusing to eat anything.

“Ah…are you sure, Kookie? Do you want me to get fat, huh?” She jokingly asked but he didn’t smile back. Getting a smile out of him was hard as chiseling a smile into stone, but it still happened. Now it stopped forever it seemed.

The day eventually passed and Jungkook was off to his college classes, but a familiar man stopped him in his tracks. He looked up and it was just Namjoon hyung.

“Jeon Valjeon” He said as a weird nickname to the younger. He looked at him with wonder, not responding. What was he doing in front of his school?

“Could you help your hyung out a bit?” He asked a simple and polite question and Jungkook shrugged at man. Even though he wanted to seem scary, Jungkook was the most relaxed around him. Namjoon hyung was like a cuddly pokemon. Why was everybody so afraid of him? Well, Jungkook read people badly, to be fair. Maybe Namjoon hyung was a really super bad guy.

“I’m looking for Park Jimin, could you please point me to him?” He said with an unusual sweet smile on him so Jungkook mimicked it and pointed at him. Jimin furrowed his eyebrows as he looked at the two, he was in the middle of talking with some girls.

“Oh, the brown haired fella, I see. Thank you so much.” He said calmly, he pet the youth’s head and walked away. Jungkook oddly trusted Namjoon, he never did anything. As Namjoon went to follow his new found friend, Jungkook walked away.

“Was that your roommate?” Jungkook heard as he recognized the voice to be none other than Taehyung. He didn’t stop walking and hoped he would eventually stop following him.

“…” No response.

“Did you like what I bought you to eat? Or do you prefer to have some different lunch? I didn’t know what you’d like. Well- I know what you used to like but, you’re all grown up now…you’re taller than me…tastes change and such.” Taehyung admitted, saying anything just for the hell of it. He tried to get closer to the boy, yet not be too in his face.

“…”

Jeon Jungkook felt frightened by such closeness, he didn’t appreciate it one bit. He didn’t know what to say to make him go away. The youth was genuinely terrified for his life, as ridiculous at it might seem to others if he were to admit. A flood of feelings of as if he would die if he was left alone with any of the boys who were there that night.

“Taehyung! Come on, I’m driving you home today, your mother’s too busy with the restaurant.” A mature male voice was heard from the expensive black car. Jungkook turned his head and looked at the man in shock. It was their principal. 

“What the hell are you doing?! I’m walking home, you can go! I'm good.” Taehyung exclaimed, annoyed. The black haired boy, was confused to say the least. Why would the principal be offering him a ride home? Why is Taehyung so disrespectful to the principal?

“Oh, you’re so silly! You are hanging out with Jungkook! Did you finally stop talking to that Jimin kid?” The man asked full of hope. His two favorite kids were there in one place. He almost shed a tear of joy.

“ Jimin is still my friend! Go away! “ Taehyung kept trying to get the older to go away, finally at the brink of his anger.

“ I’m your step dad I want to know what’s going on~.” The principle said calmly as he shocked the youngest kid.

“Step dad?” Jungkook whispered, speaking his first words in a couple of days. The brunette’s face was flushed with embarrassment as he looked at the other boy. Was this karma for him trying to apologize for what he did? Should he have just jumped in front of a bus instead?

“Yep! Hop in, Jungkook, I’ll drive you to our house, we’ll all eat together! Your bones are showing, come on!” He kept saying as Taehyung shot him daggers.

“No, sir, I couldn’t-“ Jungkook said as he was immediately interrupted.

“Nonsense! Come, come!”

“Si-“

“He doesn’t want to don’t make him-“ Taehyung spoke, noticing the discomfort in the boy for the first time in his lifetime.

“Come, come, come, and don’t be silly.” The man kept saying. Taehyung looked at the ground at him having to go away plus about to be be rejected by the person he wants to apologize to.

“Su-ure…” Jungkook said as he cleared his throat, from not speaking that much his voice broke.

“Great! Get in, kids! Tae your mom is going to be held up at work today, so worry not.” He said, Taehyung and Jungkook both sat in the back. Jungkook didn’t feel as uncomfortable, but it was a completely new situation, luckily both people knew how Jungkook acted. One of them was his abuser on the other hand.

 

They went through the dinner, Jungkook felt awkward and the entire thing was awkward. His step dad tried to be funny the entire time, which he wasn’t. Jungkook nor Taehyung laughed along to anything he said, but the man is used to it.

“You know, Jungkook, I consider myself a quiet and reserved man just like you, I just do not discuss my thoughts too much with others, I think I am more of the strong and silent type.” He kept blabbing on. The old man was the polar opposite of Jungkook, even his step son was often times quiet.

 Jungkook used to be a talkative ball of energy and Taehyung used to be his quiet teddy bear. They were only friends because Jungkook was too weird to be popular and Taehyung was too shy. Oh how things have changed.

“Oh, Jungkook I always compare you and Taehyung, I always wonder what happened! Hahah~ Oh well…you know. I wish you were my son. Your parents would be so proud of you, every parent wants you as their kid! You should hear those mom’s at the parents teacher conference! “ The man kept praising him as Taehyung scratched his metal chopsticks against the wood. Being the least impressive human being in his step dad’s eyes was already a fact. He didn’t need it to be rubbed in his face all the time and in front of the boy he wanted to apologize to.

“Tae- behave-“ He said as he got a call in the middle of the conversation, making him leave the table.

“I have to go. Don’t get too crazy, kids!” The older man said as he left the boys alone. Jungkook didn’t realize but he ate three bowls already. When he stood up he felt as if he’d puke. He overate again. Taehyung grabbed the youth’s wrist as he stared into the back of his head.

 

“Don’t go. I want to know how you’re doing. Can’t we just talk? Like we used to?” He said instead of apologizing, which terrified Jungkook. The boy only accepted the invite because his step dad was the principal, otherwise, he wouldn’t even think of eating with the other.

“P-please…don’t hurt me. I-I know m-my lesson. “Jungkook said as he looked at his wrist, petrified of what will be done to him.

“What?” Taehyung was completely taken aback.

“I won’t be rude anymore, I s-swear! I promise! P-please let me go..I’m sorry.” He said, but the mesmerized boy still held onto him, not knowing how to move or what to do.

“Tae, please.” At the mention of the childhood nickname, his arm dropped from being wrapped around the boy’s wrist and fell on his side. His skinny frame reminded him of a deer and the fragile wrist was nothing in comparison to the fear inside of his eyes. The boy was confident he would die if he was rude to Taehyung or any of his friends again. No, his teddy bear had a heart of stone now. No mercy, no love. Jungkook accidentally looked at his old friend’s used to be loving and warm eyes for a quarter of a second, then proceeded to get out of the apartment as quickly as he could. After a few moments of Jungkook speeding away from the boy’s house, Taehyung let out a loud scream.

“!” He stretched out an anguished scream because he let him go once again. He wished not to scare him, that was the last thing he wanted. But it was too much, too little too late.

In the moment of rage filled blindness started knocking over glass vases and framed pictures his parents had on the shelves. Why is he so ing stubborn? Why didn’t he just apologize? . ! Jungkook really hates him.

He had so much love and care left over for the other. Forever. His constant jealousy of the boy he admitted to himself always ruined it for him. He liked and cared for all of his friends but he wanted to start protecting Jungkook, the way he didn’t before. He wanted him to forgive him more than anything in the entire world.

“God, I’m so sorry.” Taehyung said to himself as he covered his face with his palms, pacing up and down the apartment. He wanted to rip his hair out from how frustrated he was at Jungkook crumbling away.

 

Jungkook went into his empty apartment filled with rage, passing by an overly cheery Namjoon and his ‘crew’ in the streets with no explanation and going back into his room. The only thing he got from the hyung was a wink, but they seemed to be off in a rush to do whatever they do. He ped his unusually bloated backpack. When he opened his backpack, three small cherry cakes and two small packets of crisps fell out together with a note.

“ I noticed you liked cherries… please eat… ” That was it. What the hell? Who put this in his bag?

Jungkook dug into his pocket as he saw the cherry lip balm he constantly used. He furrowed his eyebrows then put it into the drawer of the cabinet next to their bed to protect it and unwrapped the small cherry cake with cool whip all over it and bit into it, eating half of it then feeling really full after filling his tiny stomach up and laying on the bed, falling asleep. Eating made the boy drowsy. After closing his eyes and trying to sleep for five minutes a loud thud was heard outside of his room, making Jungkook's heart race as he walked to check what it was outside of his room aking all the ruckus. 

It was nothing too shocking, he was just drunk again.