No time for the present

Training wheels

A/N - The comments on the story are always so lovely and heartwarming to read! I would've responded to all of them but the finals are finally here for me, it's a hectic time,  Thank you so much for leaving all of them! So sorry for the lack of updates and replies but, my computer went kaputt, sadly! Hopefully I didn't keep you waiting for too long! I know it's very little for the actual main storyline, but, yeaaaaah. I didn't wish to rush things since it would just end up in a crappy rushed mess, hope that you understand. There's a lack of Jk which is weird as well! The story isn't done here, so, yes... for now you only get Yoongi's reaction, so sorry...next chapter there will be more present ! For everyone. 

--------------

 

Winter, 2015, a few months after Yoongi and Jungkook met.

 

Jungkook and Yoongi were holding hands as they walked on the wooden boards and along the frozen metal train tracks.

“What if a train comes, hyung?”

“Jump off, duh. But, it wouldn’t since it never does. Trust me.” Yoongi said, well, that was obvious. They didn’t have to take this way home when Yoongi walked him home, but his hyung only liked this way for no reason to the other, the man even said that he didn’t care if a train hit him! Jungkook was frightened to death on the other hand. He didn't wish to test his luck with the reaper one more time, even though most people get a thrill out of it. Maybe not even most people. Jungkook thought, maybe only artists, that is, people he would never understand himself. Creatures full of wonder, the boy only knew that Yoongi was an artistic soul after starting to notice a pattern of him only listening to music to feel any type of joy, sure, he'd watch a tv show with Jungkook, even a movie, but with music he was in his element.

“Why do you l-like this way s-so badly?” The youth asked the older man who guided him without looking where he stepped as Jungkook didn’t look up from the path, not noticing the starry night above him, only the stone and wood covered surface of the path he was stepping on.

“Look at your surroundings. Don’t you feel absolutely…beautiful, like your surroundings? I do. I like pretty places, I feel pretty too then.”

“Boys aren’t pretty.” Jungkook stated as he stood on top of the rocks, staring at the fields of green and the apartment buildings. Both of them look at each other for a moment to deny their own infatuations towards one another, yes boys are hideous.

“True.” Yoongi said as he stared at the boy’s delicate features. Even the beauty that his exterior holds, it mattered not, since the only reason he was madly falling in love with them in the first place was the person behind them that carved his features in his mind as something he thought when he merely heard the word ‘Love’. Even if it was ridiculous since they knew each other for the shortest period ever, but in reality he has nobody else. Even Jungkook standing him and wishing to be in his company was interpreted as love.

Yoongi always fell in love so quickly, but just as quickly as he did that he fell out of it. Jungkook can’t be perfect and the other craves perfection of the unknown and latches onto it. Soon, his flaws will show and Yoongi will stop being infatuated, it will all be fine.

The other boy on the other hand didn’t see the man inside as his infatuation for his beauty over flooded, just wishing to see past him and focus on the green pastures instead of the Angel like beauty trapped in a human form. No, Jungkook couldn't care less what was going inside of the man's head, since how interesting could he be? People like Taehyung and Yoongi are beautiful and should work with that, while Jungkook on the other hand was ugly and he had to work harder in life, but that mattered to him not.

One day he will have a beauty of his own to take care of, raise a family with them and live happily ever after. That was the plan.

“Where do you want to go, hyung? Anywhere in the world…where?”  The boy asked the most random question to get a conversation going that was lighter than his heavy heart.

“New York.”

“Really? I d-don’t want to leave Korea, I’m afraid my E-english won’t be good enough.”

“There are so many reasons not to go somewhere but once you just do it, it’s fine.” Yoongi said as he left Jungkook’s side and hopped backwards on the train track, causing Jungkook to worry overwhelmingly for the man, especially after he tripped and hunched over, grabbing onto the rocks, causing the boy to freeze in spot, but before he would even think of getting to him, Yoongi was up again, this time turning around and hopping around with the most energy that Jungkook’s ever seen burst out of him.

“But it’s different…”

“No, no. you travelled up to my apartment, into something completely unknown, if you didn’t, we’d never travel to the train track right now, another thing that is completely out of your little comfort zone and we wouldn’t know each other.” Yoongi put it simply, causing Jungkook to rethink things.

“That would be pretty eh-..it would .”

“Heh, it would!” Yoongi spoke and a second afterwards they had to run off the train tracks and into the tall grass since they heard a train coming, causing the both of them to go into a giggling fit.

“I guess I was wrong.” The man stated as he turned to the younger frowning with dirt in his mouth and grass intertwined in his hair, causing him to laugh even louder, since Yoongi was left unscratched.

 

 

A few days before Valentines day, 2016

 

It was the first outing that Jungkook did with Yoongi. Jungkook had to wake up early to go on a two day school field trip, so Yoongi had decided he would tag along, after Jungkook paid him with the two of four sandwiches he made for his trip. Jimin said to bring him and Hoseok food or else he’ll be eating garbage. Whatever that means, but it wasn’t like Jungkook minded.

They are going to a chocolate factory the day before Valentines Day, then they’re going to have a karaoke night at the hotel. Truthfully, it was only 10.000 won to go and you get free samples at the factory. Plus he took out some of his savings to buy more candy for himself. The boy never let his bullies stop him from getting new knowledge, even if it was only a silly thing like learning how chocolate was made. The boy loved to watch how’s it made specials on tv, so it must be a thrill to watch it in person.

 

They came too early to stand in front of the place where the bus was supposed to arrive to pick them up. To waste time Yoongi lit up a cigarette, as usual. The smoke blew to Jungkook’s face, so he moved to the other side of the man without speaking up. Yoongi didn’t notice and Jungkook wasn’t about to tell him that because he was overjoyed at the man going out of his way to get outside of the apartment for something other than making money. The hyung’s hair was black for the time being since he couldn’t be bothered to dye it regularly as he does, since he was in a bit of a funk, questioning his life choice, that's what he told Jungkook that is. The younger hopes it’s just a small funk, not a big one.

“You’re showing too much of your collarbones, why did they let you not take your school uniforms ?? Do they not know how to handle kids?!” Yoongi shouted as he took out a hair pin and synched the boy’s shirt together so that his v neck is as minimum as possible. Jungkook bought oversized shirts since he just got them and ran out to the cashiers without checking the size. If they were a size S, he’d throw them out, if they were a size M he’d wear them around the house and the L’s and XL’s he’d wear outside because they hid him the most.

Jungkook just shrugged when Yoongi backed away. Yoongi was the only person he’s okay with touching him. He liked to do it a lot, touch him that is, since it was no big deal for the older. Taking off the fallen eyelashes from the boy’s cheeks or fixing the few strands that stuck out of his hair back into place. Small things, really. But it was a huge deal to the boy. The boy who cringed at the thought of his face heating up whenever the man touched his face.

“Jeon Jungkook?? Yah.” Yoongi said to snap him out of his daze, the boy was frowning at nothingness.

People were starting to crowd around them with their parents driving them and making them embarrassed over staying after driving them to the bus stop.

Jungkook was probably unaware, but his face showed disappointment. Even after all those lonely years a child needs his parents. Even his little siblings, were encouraged to avoid him. They had to learn that they won’t be together forever. Jungkook needed to grow up.

Yoo and Bambam avoided him as well since they didn’t want to be shunned out as well from everyone in the class, Taehyung wanted to head towards Jungkook but his mother stopped him to tell him something, Taehyung hesitantly didn’t head towards the boy and the small man next to him, smoking next to an asthmatic, which angered him.

The man looked like bad news to Taehyung.

He looked unaware.

 

“Jungkookie…Koookie~” Yoongi cooed at the boy focusing on his colleagues saying goodbye to their parents and meeting up with their friends. The younger directed his eyes at the one calling out his name.

“Don’t look at them, look at me. I look too good for you not to be focusing on me…seriously.” Yoongi said with a stone cold face even though he was joking for the sake of the other as he threw his cigarette on the ground, stomping on it, making Jungkook smile and nod along to the older's words.

“I look good today, all for you to remember me in a good light for the two days you’ll be away.” Yoongi said to Jungkook, smiling devilishly. The boy frowned in return, lifting his eyebrow up.

“That’s untrue hyung…you forgot I even-“

“That’s just a fascade, I didn’t forget you were leaving today. It was a trick.” He spoke falsely to the boy as he finally realized that Yoongi was teasing him about the entire thing. Sometimes, the man smirked to himself showing off his gums and it charmed the youth. His already small eyes disappeared into an upside down smiley face as well. It was an incredibly endearing sight.

 

The man started to more often than not cover his toothy grin with his brittle, thin hands to hide it away as he became more self-conscious of it. Sometimes Jungkook wonders what he did wrong for him to hide it away, but he’d never say it out loud. What if he stops smiling all together?

The same smile he wanted to see every day, he would do anything to cause it to happen, yet on the other hand he had absolutely zero clue how to do it, if only he was a comedian, he could make him laugh every day. Or a singer, that would surely make him smile every day, he loves good singers he says. The hyung always recommended new singers to Jungkook, rappers and hip hop as well at times. Rappers less so since Yoongi was extremely keen on someone and their interest in a genre of music. Since Jungkook didn’t even bother to pretend to care about lyrics, Yoongi recommended him more vocal songs that would relax him.

 “So, does Jungkookie have a valentine in mind as you go on the trip? Is that why you’re going?” Yoongi asked a little to loudly, getting some people attention, people probably thought he was his brother teasing him about a girl he likes, there was something so normal about it, that it left a pleasant feeling inside of him.

“Hyuung~ “ Jungkook whined as Yoongi cackled. Since the kid didn’t have a parent to embarrass him often enough, Yoongi felt the need to replace that. As it being the most important aspect of a parent’s, or even a big brother's role.

“In the bus, kids, let’s go, go, go!” Their class master shouted at everyone that attends the same class as the boy. Jungkook usually sits with the teacher or when he’s lucky, he sits alone to have both seats for himself. Which was fine, of course. It wasn’t as bad as it sounded. Nobody bothered him and he enjoyed it, although it would be nice falling asleep without the fear of having a placed on your face to scare you awake.

“O- bye, hyung.” He said his short goodbye, bowed, then started walking towards the bus.

“Wait! I have to whisper something important to you, Bambi it’s urgent and I just remembered.” Yoongi said out of nowhere to the boy who was a little distressed because he had to go but he leaned his head to the older boy’s head to match his height, slightly intrigued about the matter. Yoongi smirked to himself as he turned his head towards the boy’s ear, but instead of whispering something to him, he swiftly planted a quick peck on his friend’s cheek, leaving his left cheek moist.

“Happy valentine’s day! Have fun!” He yelled instead of whispered so the boy can hear it more easily as he pushed his backpack with full force towards the bus, so Jungkook continued walking that is, tripping over his own feet as his brain filled up with white noise.

He ended up sitting at the seat behind the teacher’s as he looked at the man, quickly running away through the maze of parents waving goodbye’s to their kids, not wishing to be caught by a parent for weather talk. Jungkook patted his cheek gently as he grinned like the joker to himself, looking away from the passing way of the bus so nobody could see him.

“Jun-“ He heard a deep voice speak, but then.

“Tae! Sit with me! Jimin is late, I don’t know if he’ll come.” Hoseok called out as Taehyung was dragged to the seat behind Jungkook’s. Hoseok was dumbfounded as he saw Taehyung rolling his eyes at his friend, thinking it was rather impolite.

“What who did you want to sit with?” Hoseok asked the blonde.

“Nobody…” He lied and saw that Jungkook couldn’t hear what they were talking about and pulled out a book he never saw before, well to be fair it could be a textbook as well.

“Alright! So! Everybody’s here, remember your seating buddy and lets go! We’ve waited long enough, huh?” The enthusiastic class master said as Jungkook didn’t look up from his Japanese book, learning the kanji out of pure interest. That’s how he learned Latin as well. The boy enjoyed learning languages in his free times, it was a pleasure and a distraction from his main focus, math and physics which could get repetitive and boring at times, although, God, there were so many things to learn with languages and the mathematics! Sometimes the mere thought of it would get Jungkook so thrilled, he could just pass out right then and there.

The noise and his thoughts stopped and Jungkook felt somebody sit next to him.

Of course it would be him. The guy who was late. Jungkook shriveled up into his corner….maybe he’ll just run away when the bus stops?

But when he thought of the person awaiting in their shared home he smiled, filled with hope and warmth. Was it just an innocent kiss he thought too much about? Most definitely. It was as if a melody blocked out the noises around him. 

“Jeon Jungkook! Did you bring us food or not?” Jimin asked more loudly as he sat beside him. Jungkook pulled out a carefully packaged lunches and gave it to both Hoseok and Jimin, then proceeded to look at his book.

“Omo…this looks amazing.” Hoseok said as he put it in his lap and Jimin doing the same. Taehyung grimaced.

“Did you really have to make him do this for you? “ Taehyung asked, enraged.

“He wanted to do it for us.” Jimin lied, as usual.

"s." Taehyung retorted as he tried to ignore his friends, especially Jimin and put his earphones in his ears, trying to ignore the world around him.

 

X

 

As they drove home, Jungkook was listening to classical music through his earphones, mixed with a few of Yoongi’s recommendations and looking outside of the window, as he was he felt a weight plump on his shoulder. As he looked, Jimin was knocked out cold and asleep on his shoulder. Oh…well…he got a kiss from Yoongi he can die now when Jimin wakes up and calls him a for putting his head on the boy’s shoulder, even though it fell on its own. After a while, it started to fall straight ahead of him and Jungkook pushed the boy awake so he doesn’t hit his head on the seat in front of them. Oh God why did he do that? He should’ve let it happen. God, he'd get punched either way

“Wh- “ Jimin said, irritated at him being awoken and punching Jungkook’s shoulder firmly as usual.

“I- I’m sorry. You almost bu-bumped your head into the seat in f-front of us.” Jungkook responded to the mumbling, stupidly. Jimin, stopped himself from punching him once more and sat back on his seat.

“… Yeah..that’s what you say. “ Jimin spoke with an accusing tone as Jungkook put his lips into a straight line and leaned back, rubbing his aching shoulder, this time Jimin felt overwhelmed with guilt, yet for the first time and decided to do the unthinkable.

 

“Sometimes when I’m angry... or jealous or..sad I am always super angry, super sad..or super happy or..yeah. I just want to punch things. ” Jimin admitted, not sure how to express his feelings, tone of voice low and barely audible.

“..f-feeling like that..all the time..must be overwhelming. “ Jungkook spoke after a few moments of awkward silence and smiled lightly, trying to comfort the person sitting next to him.

“I guess..” Jimin admitted, feeling embarrassed at showing the minimum of his real self to anybody.

“I think-“ Jungkook said, stopping as he looked the red head in the eyes.

“You should..” He stopped again to regain his track of thoughts.

“Stop going to the gym then.” The boy concluded, trying to make light conversation with the other that casually beats him to a pulp whenever he feels like it, making Jimin smile back awkwardly, it was pretty logical to be fair.

“I’ll do that, then.” Jimin stated as he leaned his head on the back of the seat and crossed his arms, closing his eyes.

“You can lean y-your head on my shoulder…if you want.” The boy said, but Jimin didn’t respond so he put the earphones in his ears again, trying to focus on thinking about his work schedule and not the douche sitting next to him. If he offered kindness, he won't get punched, so, all is good.

But, before of doing so he felt a head on his shoulder yet again, leaving the boy wide eyed and stiff, Jimin shifted in his seat, indicating he’s still awake, so the action wasn’t incidental after all.

 

Summer, 2016, present day

 

Yoongi wakes up as he rubs his eyes and sees the batteries he took out of the alarm clock, frantically taking his phone to check the time. 9:00 am, only half an hour to Jungkook’s flight departing, the man only knows that since he spent most of the night leaned against the door, overhearing the duo talking. The man didn’t notice the empty apartment as the only thing he could see was the boy who wasn’t even there. For a moment he had to pretend it was all fine and just run.

He won’t ever make it. Yoongi starts running without stopping as he finally finds a cab, hails it and arrives to the airport only to run inside, asking frantically around about flights to Busan as they told him it just took flight.

 

X

 

As he got home.

All of it just struck him.

All what he lost in just a few day of being foolish and bitter, he comes home to an empty apartment for the thousandth time. Was he too used to the comfort of the boy’s wing span covering him and dragging him up and above the clouds with all the power in his body?

This is what he ing deserves. The man thought as he grabbed the television screen they watched together daily and chucked it towards the wall, then picking it up and holding it firmly as he threw it against the wall of the apartment that gave him hope then took it all away in just a year.

He just wanted to rip apart the entire stupid pointless apartment, the man took his box of cd’s and records in his hands as he flipped it upside down and dropped all of its context on the floor, proceeding to smash them with his military boots.

 

The boy wasn’t even fair, not leaving him with even a single memory of him ever being here, so he had to destroy himself to acknowledge his pain towards what once was. There was no evidence of anyone ever living in this apartment.

Was he just a dream?

 He dragged his weak legs towards the bathroom, wishing to just slit his wrists across as he laid in the cool water, now that he knew that nobody would ever find him and even if they did it would be because of the smell complaint. As he held his head down and stared into the sink the boy looked up at the mirror only to see a piece of sticky paper he could barely read from the blurriness of his eyes, the boy quickly tried to compose himself to read what looked to be a short, single line of words.

 

“Take care, hyung. I hope you slept well. We’ll see each other sometimes in the future. Yes? :) ” Yoongi read after which he frantically flipped the note to it's backside, then back to it’s front, repeating the process a few times, but not seeing anything more than that.

 

“That’s all I meant to you? This is all that you left me with?” Yoongi whispered, only being audible to his own demons as he crumpled the paper with one hand and tossed it in the toilet, flushing it afterwards, then sitting on top of the toilet seat with his head in his hands, grabbing onto his hair, wishing to pull it all out of his scalp.

I can’t believe what an idiot, I’ve been all this time. Maybe he’d love him back if the man spent more time ing him rather than insisting on cuddling when he went to another boy in his down time. The boy that could give everything to Jungkook. The best way that Yoongi could show his worth to another was through ual acts, so he tried to do so, but he was rejected by the younger so he felt like there was nothing for him to do. Just let him go, Yoongi thought, but now, when the boy is actually gone, he can't do that.

I thought he’d understand, but now, he’s even rejected the ual advance, that was probably way out of place, you ing lunatic. God.

He hasn’t done any for for years and years. Customers want what they paid for and that’s simple, real boys were so complicated, boys he loved that didn’t love him back were complicated. Thinking back to that topic, Namjoon was the only person that actually tried to make him feel good when having before taking care of his side, sometimes, he’d even go down him for no reason, not expecting anything in return. ually, and only ually, he was very giving. Otherwise, he was pretty stunted.

Yoongi tried to get his mind off of Jungkook and onto Namjoon but it failed. He cared deeply about Namjoon, but he only loved Jungkook. Namjoon always told him that he didn’t love the man back, that he doesn’t know what real love is even if it would smack him in the face (hinting at how he loved Yoongi, but got nothing in return), but of course, Yoongi only got the meaning behind the words too late. Now he loves another, so it doesn't matter either way.

They said if you don’t love yourself, you can’t possibly love another.

Bull.

He loved him so much that he forgot what hating himself feels like. Now, he’s unsure what he should do, lying on the cold bathroom tiled floor. Should he still be jealous or just go full on crazy? Being crazy felt better so far. The only downside is that he doesn't know what he's capable of doing next.

 

X

 

As Jin was playing with the small puppy he got from Namjoon in his apartment, which distracted him from planning the classes for the private school he got a job in as a substitute for a year, until the teacher comes back from pregnancy leave. This substitute job is the stepping stone to a permanent job so he should definitely not put all of his focus on a small fluffy adorable…thing.

Feeling actually better for some strange reason as the dog replaced an empty void in his life, even though they say that pets are the worst presents, since you have been given a responsibility as a gift, he thought about inviting someone for dinner to thank him for the worst present to possibly give to another. Then that someone told him he couldn’t come and that the only way would be for Jin to come over and cook for all thirteen of the boys and men that worked for Namjoon that night alone. As Jin got a huge grocery list and everything he needed on it, the man put it all in his car and drove to the place that was alive and brewing with chatter from the boys and their girlfriends accompanying them. Well, Jin, it was your choice to do this and be friendly, try to understand his lifestyle and the people that surround him and his past boyfriend. 

“Food guy! Food, food, food! “ One of the gorrilas yelled as he punched the other man’s bicep to insinuate that the two should help Jin with groceries and they really did carry them to the kitchen for the man who was too afraid to squeak. One of them even helping with the man's dog. Jin just followed their tracks as he got into the kitchen of the abandoned building, feeling strangely out of place. He was incredibly amazed at the fact that they get water and electricity here. The kitchen was more than decent as well. It had all that he needed.

If he would to ask Namjoon about that, he'd probably just say he knows a guy. Men, tch. 

As he got left by the two people carrying the food, someone shyly watched from the entrance of the kitchen as Jin washed his hands, growing irritated, finally saying something after a few minutes.

“Hey, do you want to help?” Jin asked the man who nodded with his mouth agape.

“What’s your name?”

“Jung Chanwoo.“

“Cool, how old are you?” Jin asked as he prepared the vegetables to be cut.

“Seveenteen, or sixteen, I forgot.” He answered as Jin got washed over with a sense of sadness.

“You look older, you’re very tall. Are you here on a school night? Aren’t your parents worried?” Jin asked, his parental instinct [Even though he’s nowhere near a parent, but still, he dealt with kids now. That’s what he wanted to do all of his life. He enjoys taking care and guiding them as much as he can.]

“No, I uh- um.”

“It’s fine, you don’t have to answer, chop the onions for me, please.” Jin said as he turned around to do work only to see that he had to teach him how to chop onions the proper way, which was not a task he minded. Teaching was what he enjoyed, being a hyung, the adult that kids can come to for help.

“I know a boy, your age, who graduated college now, I miss him, and you’re just like him. In one way, you know?” Jin made small talk with the other, referring to a boy they both knew, but he didn’t need to be named.

“Oh, I didn’t graduate high school… so, but, what do you do, Jin hyung?” The boy asked the man who never said his name in the first place.

“I teach mathematics and physics to kids like you. How do you know my name?”

“Woah! I wanted to meet you because Namjoon-hyung says that uh, I don’t talk with other hyungs and that I should. But, I told him that I was too shy, so he started talking to me and Jungkook separately, since Jungkook hyung has a stutter and but- they’re both smarter than me, so I just listen, so that I get smarter as well.” The boy spoke so highly of Namjoon, it was almost as if he paid him to say this in front of him.

“Does Namjoon-ah talk about me a lot?”

“Oh, well. Jin hyung, they said is very pretty and too good for Namjoon hyung…hmmm.. looks like an actor? They didn’t say anything about you being so smart! “ Chanwoo complimented him as Jin melted at all the words been thrown at him. As he was showing the boy how to cut meat, the boy quickly moved his eyes up and down from the chopping board, looking disinterested and distracted.

“Yah, pay attention that’s the onl-“ Jin got interrupted with two hands wrapping around his waist as he felt a kiss being placed on his cheek, that he pushed away with his onion scented hands.

The same greasy guy as always. It seemed like in front of the younger ones he was more comfortable than the scary, older, large men, like Jin's boyfriend, that stood outside of the kitchen.

“How’s my wife, how’s the kid? Still out of school?” Namjoon referred sarcastically to the picture perfect image of the three, feeling like the working husband that just got back home, when in fact he was an overworked hermit who barely crawled out of his room.

“Yep.” Chanwoo replied proudly as Namjoon patted his back gently and passed through the kitchen.

“Yah, you’re just gonna go like that?” Jin asked as the man who turned around only to yawn in Jin’s direction with two purple Gucci bags under his eyes.

“No, n,…I’m awake. I'm here.“ The man mumbled as he span right back and supported himself on the counter top, seeming as if he’d pass out any second, but Chanwoo would never say anything since he was slightly afraid of him and wants hyung to like him.

“Hey, kid, chop the meat up how I showed you and stir the stew, I’m back in a jiffy.” Jin said and Chanwoo nodded. The older went up to Namjoon to rub his back and push him to the bedroom and eventually on top of his own bed, giving all sorts of thoughts to the sleep deprived younger man.

“I’m, you’re not ready to see me in the sheets, okay??...I don’t friggin think so..okayyy..” Namjoon slurred as he yawned so hard that tears fell down his cheeks, proceeding to stretch on the bed like an animal.

“Wow, the amount of appeal I feel towards you right now is through the roof. I might jump you right now.” Jin spoke sarcastically, the younger’s ego as he lifted the shirt up from above his head like undressing a drunk toddler who hasn’t slept for 30 hours.

“Do you want to do the ?” Namjoon placed the offer on the table as Jin nodded and pulled down his trousers and shoes off, leaving the socks on not sure if he slept with them or without them, prying off Namjoon's hands throughout the process was an easy task, since his energy was so low.

“Yes! Finally…” Namjoon took a yawn break between speaking, having to force Jin to hide his laughter as he dragged the man to sleep on the bed, as his two big dogs and Jin’s small one jumped on top as well to Namjoon as he tried to wiggle out of the doggy nightmare, but failed.

“I’m going to serve dinner, wish me good luck. You get to eat after minimum of four hours of sleep, that's that. I'll check up on you, so you can't trick me.” Jin said as he patted Namjoon’s chest goodbye.

“Bu- I want a kiss.” Namjoon pouted his lips only to have his dog him again, causing a loud grossed out groan escape the grossed out man and Jin to laugh like a loony.

“Yep! “ Jin said as he closed the bedroom door only to be faced with Jackson and Bobby’s terrifying presence and death stares.

“We know what’s going on with you two.” Bobby stated as Jackson nodded to confirm his bro’s words.

“You’re hyung’s cousin that he didn’t tell us about. Jerk, he never tells us anything. He told us we're his friends, sure doesn't act like it, though.” Jackson said before a third boy came in to interrupt them.

“No, I’m not. “

“Brother?” Bobby pried, feeling slightly defeated and Jin shook his head left and right, smiling to himself since he felt like he was keeping a naughty secret.

“Then…tell us. Yeah, yeah. Or else!” Bobby said as he nodded to himself.

“Or else? Yah, who do you think I am? Behavem kids.” Jin spoke as he pushed the two boys to pass through the kitchen, only to have them follow him, he won't take anybody's crap. Especially the youth's.

“Oi, what are you doing, , cooking? Instead of learning real skills you’ll need, you’re here, cooking. Forever the same thing.” Jackson teased as Bobby laughed along, making Chanwoo stop chopping in embarrassment, looking down and not taking his stare off of the chopping board. At the sight, Jin decided that he’s had enough as he grabbed a knife and pointed it towards the two that stiffened up.

“Yah! I’m tired of your stupid, patriarchal, bull that’ll never get you anywhere in life. Uhhh, durrr, he likes to cook, off. “ Jin spoke as he waved the knife around having the boy’s eyes follow it around the room.

“What are you looking at? You have enough time to . Are you bored? You’ll help hyung cook then. No debate- or, you get no food. Okay?”

“…”

“Yah! I said, is that okay?!”

“Yes, hyung.” The two said in unison as they got smacked behind their heads and their snapbacks taken off and put aside, before he put them aside he smacked them with their own snapbacks as well.

“Aish, hooligans…with your snapbacks..” Jin mumbled to himself as he took out some eggs out of the fridge.

“Don’t be so glum boys, the real way to a girl’s heart is through her stomach. Learn something today. Maybe you'll get a girl to look at you without frowning in disgust for once.”

“We don’t do this stuff, though. Cooking..”

“You can do both, you can do a million things, don’t put yourself back with your own thoughts, hyung believes in you. Don’t you think the friend that just left you had a million things holding him back like you all? He was no different. I’m just saying.” Jin spoke words of encouragement as he finished chopping the mushrooms and putting them in the stew. The three boys only looked at each other in confusion at the lecture they just got.

"No time to look! Work!"