Tumultuous Seas

Training wheels

Friday Night In Seoul, An exact month after graduation

19:00 - 22:00

Jungkook, 19:00:

“Jungkook, this will be an obvious choice. You’re a brilliant mind, just a huge amount of potential overall, perfect grades and recommendations, but how could’ve such a brilliant mind let yourself fail those final exams, not fail but…just, they were pretty much a failure in comparison to your work before. It’s unacceptable.” The dean of the university Jungkook was interviewing for had asked him as he merely shrugged back, giving an impression of not caring which the dean shook her head to in disapproval.

“I know you've had a lot on your plate, and I know that it’s difficult supporting yourself at eighteen, but you’ve chose-“

“It’s not that.” Jungkook quickly spoke up as the dean lifted her eyebrows.

“Oh? What is it then?” The dean asked as Jungkook made up an explanation to his laziness. 

“Mm. A girl.” Jungkook slipped out a small white lie, when thinking about someone else. Truthfully it was because of Namjoon and his job for the most part. It distracted him with a feel of a family that he knew deep inside wasn't really a family, but if the boy didn't have someone to take care of, he didn't have a purpose in life. After moving on from the orphanage, he never thought finding motivation to work hard would be such an uphill battle. It all spiraled down when he turned eighteen, and now, almost a year or two afterwards, he's staring at an empty future at a mediocre university, even though it was a high ranking university, compared to his first choices, this was a huge failure. The boy feels like he won't ever have a family like he's always wished and dreamed for. He will just work his in a mediocre college until he dies of old age, or the other option was working until he got shot by being one of Namjoon's rivals, which was fine for him. His life had little meaning to the world and humanity. Like all of our lives, realistically. The boy only wanted to make others happy.

People like him, don't get happy endings. 

“What make–s her so special to sweep the smartest boy in Korea off his feet?” The dean jokingly asked, snapping the youth out of his depressed thoughts as she asked Jungkook who didn't know the short answer for that, his speech was limited so he couldn’t name all of the things.

“Hmm..She was the most beautiful woman I’ve ever met.” Jungkook said as the dean smiled and went to take out something from her desk.

“Pretty to look at too.” The boy continued as he stopped the dean in her tracks as she fixed her glasses to stare at the unique boy.

 

Kim Taehyung 20:00:

Taehyung was being patted down his entire body with heat packs with warm green tea swimming around his mouth’s nooks and crannies as he read the script over and over again. Today they were filming until 4 am, so he needed to stay in focus through his over-packed, strangely timed schedule compared to, well, normal people, so logically friendships were near to impossible to maintain. 

“Taehyung-ah! Five minutes!” The director shouted as Taehyung nodded back. The boy was doing final scenes for his movie, but the entire process of making one was so enjoyable yet terribly lonely at the same time. The nineteen year old was constantly alone within himself. Never having time to just relax and have fun with friends, or go drinking together because they’re shoot for the entire day most of the times, and whenever he had a day off he’d be too tired to move. The fact that he was living his dreams and working what he wanted to be in his life even though everybody doubted him, made him smile throughout the tough times and ridiculous work hours. 

But still, there was something missing inside of him.

After he took the last sip of his coffee, he crumpled it up and tossed it aside to go back to his spot next to the actress.

 

Namjoon & Jin, 21:00:

“Hey, angel.” Namjoon said as he caught Jin together with his friends outside of his campus as he made Jin roll his eyes and say goodbye to his friends, since he knew if he didn’t that Namjoon would just follow them and embarrass him further than he already has.

“Why do you always ruin my day? Don’t you have any shame?” Jin asked, sometimes he couldn’t even believe the pure apathy for when a human asks for them to be left alone and that they’re not interested in any way to date him.

“I wanted to see if you were okay, or if you need anything.” Namjoon spoke gently, taking Jin by surprise as they walked. Honestly, he was expecting to be attacked for even dating such a person to begin with and for his mourning to be mocked completely. The man was prepared with strong defenses that Namjoon casually strolled through.

“I don’t need anything from you.” Jin responded as he rejected the man who constantly pursued him. 

“Did you know that Jungkook came to me, asking to kill him, before he passed?” The man said as Jin furrowed his eyebrows.

“Excuse me? Why would he ask that?” Jin was baffled.

“His heart is too big to see someone suffer, to see injustice. I think he clings onto the most ed up people, he wants to save them. Save you. I don't think he realizes that.” Namjoon said as Jin crossed his arms, looking away, trying to pretend he didn’t know what Namjoon was talking about. The older's defenses were lifted up once again as he snapped back at the younger.

“Are you trying to say something about my boyfriend? He loved me. I was just too annoying sometimes, you must think that as well, so.” Jin stated to the man who smirked, but dropped the smirk in a second at the words that cut a hole in his heart, the man afterwards proceeded to pour his true emotions for the first time through the tiny cut, since he couldn't bare it anymore.

“Jungkook loves you. That’s what love is. Not a bruise under your eye, not a cut on your lip. Well, sometimes it’s that. But only if you both get them. To keep it fair. But, even if you beat me up, I'd never hurt you, I hope you know that.” The now brunette spoke as he distanced himself away from the situation, not involving himself in a single word he spoke, until the reassurance that he couldn't hold back anymore. The man knew he gave out a strong, alpha vibe that would kill anyone that looked at him funny, but around Jin he just wanted to be, normal. Even though what he said was completely fine, Jin didn’t talk back.

“You’re not a ruffian, you’re gentle, even though you act tough and unfazed. You're not... annoying either. You're intelligent, kind and persistent, and you're a well off goody two shoes that should learn a thing or two from people like me. I know that him passing is hard for you, but- ah... man, you deserved none of him. I knew him very well. He's not a gentle man, he gets what he wants and he doesn't like to talk much. You're just more than that. I guess- eh.” Namjoon spoke as he scratched the back of his head awkwardly, not knowing what to say as Jin on the other hand got lost in the sea of sweet words, quickly he shook his head at the thought. Truthfully, if he were to admit to Namjoon that he didn't know what his boyfriend was doing to earn money, he'd probably be mocked, but the mere fact of him working with people like Namjoon made him realize why he was such a messed up, unstable guy, that he loved. It wasn't his fault he was like that.

“Whatever.. so are you. Stop being mean to Jungkook to show off to the monkeys, since he knows that you’re a kind soul too. He doesn’t need to loose trust of people any longer.” A positive comment from the grumpy older man made Namjoon's ears perk up, but of course the man's outer appearance was always unreadable.

“Stop talking about him. He’ll be fine.” The man smoothly ignored the older's compliment.

“He’ll be fine?”

“Mm. Jungkookie is fine, that is what he does. Are you fine though? That's what I wanted to know. I'll walk you home every day and night if I have to, you don't have to put on a facade with me.” Namjoon questioned as they finally stopped in front of the elder’s apartment block’s doors. Another thing he wished was for Jungkook to stop being the thing that binds them together.

"You know, we won't ever date, right?" Jin asked as Namjoon shrugged, smirking in the process. 

"No, I'm serious. You'll never, ever get anything from me." Jin said as he tried to snap him out of his stupid overly confident self.

"Yeah, okay."

"Then go away and don't talk to me again if you want to be more than just friends. Come on, go." Jin said to the man who in his cheeks before he spoke.

"I like you, but, I've yet to find a way to shut you the hell up." The man said as he took the other completely off guard, causing him to just stare at the man that completely disrespected him. Out of no where he felt a pair of lips pressed against his, then removing themselves only to connect not even half a second later once again. The younger tried to insert his tongue into the other's mouth, which didn't need much battle to do. The kiss was slow and passionate and lasted for around ten seconds, then the younger pulled away from the stunned man.

“Uh…y..” Jin couldn't speak as he expected to be slammed against a wall and kind of wanted to be, but Namjoon simply showed off his dimples and walked away with a slow pace with all the confidence in the world, per usual.

 

Namjoon left the man with a smirk at him not catching him in his lies. Yeah, it’s a coincidence that a day after Jungkook told me about your boyfriend abusing you, that he dies. As smart as you are, you’re an idiot, nobody outsmarts Namjoon and no rivals just come and shoot at his windows and get away with it. They wouldn’t live to see a tomorrow. It was strange how Jungkook didn't see through it, though. The two geniuses were perhaps not an equal match, it seems.

As Namjoon’s gang’s business grew, so did their turf. People wouldn’t just blindly attack them without a proper cause, so he set up a situation and set a deal with the rivals. A kill for a kill, simple. Like swapping coupons.

 

Jimin : 22:00

"You want to go out? Why don't you study for a change! Prepare for the next school year, since you're already way too prepared, you ungrateful bastard! You failed the year and you wish to go out and have fun while there is so much studying that you can do?! Wow, you're really a bastard if I 've ever seen one."

"This is why I failed the year in the first place! I can't ever do anything to have fun! I hate studying, I hate it and you know I hate it!" Jimin screamed at his mother as she stepped back in outrage, then swiftly smacking the back of her hand across his son's cheek.

"You're blessed that we let you go to that dance, now you can't even go to that! ing bastard. No mother deserves such a lazy, good for nothing son." His mother yelled at the boy as she slapped him again, before sending him off to his room, but not before shaming him for crying like a little baby

He really wasn't lazy, he wants to do so many things, he doesn't want to study anymore, though. It the joy out of his life and made him a horribly jealous and bitter person.

 

Sunday

 

At Friday, Jungkook forced Jimin to simply talk to his parents, it took a long time, but Jimin did as asked of him and they took him back in since he flunked the year and had to stay another year in high school. They didn’t kill him as the weatherman predicted, they were just s.

Since Jungkook and Jimin have been meeting up almost every other day for various ‘ual experiments’, or just the usual casual , today was another day where Jimin was left alone in his house and since it happened so often they were more used to them having in the living room, than in the boy’s bedroom. It was simply a hassle to go all the way upstairs since, they didn’t cuddle, or talk, sleep next to each other or even if they did, they’d never touch, and have always slept on separate sides of the bed. The two didn't come in physical contact unless they were ing, that's the only word to describe it. It wasn't really making love, when no love was involved. The entire process was quite primitive and animalistic.

Sometimes, Jungkook would initiate a sort of intimacy other than even though 'cuddling' wasn't his forte, but he felt as if it was such a natural thing after , even him and Yoongi do it without any suspicious connotations or plans linked to it , but Jimin refused it without a bat of an eye. There was a huge wall between them put up by the boy who refused anything but being buddies. Since, secretly he was way too attached already, he didn’t wish for them to have anything deeper but the .

 

As Jungkook came inside of him, leaving them pacing for a few brief moments, he pulled out and started putting his clothes back on to leave the household, but out of nowhere, Jimin asked him to go to get something to eat since he was starving and the other merely shrugged. Lately, Jungkook's personality could be described with one word. 'Melancholy' or perhaps 'Shrug'. Since he started ditching classes with Jimin back in high school, he realized that he could get away with most things, so that led to him trying different opiums, different things that made life fun, that Jungkook never indulged in. It was a spiral to apathy at what other people thought of you, which was a bad thing.  

As the red head took a shower, Jungkook was studying on the couch, sometimes he’d leave his textbooks at Jimin’s but he knew he could come any time to study either way. Them studying in silence was their only bonding time.

Jungkook wondered if his thoughts have been correct as he googled can s give you std's or not, then sent the result of his research to Jimin and concluded that the two ex-s should stop doing it with a all together, since it would be illogical of course, not because Jungkook wanted to do it without a for it to feel better for himself, not at all. It's just, silly the way they were going. They did do it without a for the first time today, but Jimin was very hesitant, and now Jungkook was trying to convince him that it had indeed been the right choice.

“Ummm…okay! Sure.” Jimin spoke as he shrugged and slurped on his milkshake, the simple response made Jungkook really giddy, which Jimin found endearing.

“Oh, also, the flavored condoms are for oral use. So we...messed u-up.” Jungkook referred to their first time.

“What loser uses condoms for oral use?” Jimin snorted with a chocolate mustache on his upper lip that Jungkook pointed out, causing Jimin to wipe it himself.

“Smart losers… but it has like s-sugars and such, dunno if it’s bad for your...yeah.” Jungkook spoke as he got offered the milkshake but declined the offer by shaking his hand left and right.

“You paid for it, it’s fine.” Jungkook said as his tummy growled, causing the other to grow more annoyed, since he  knew that the boy sitting in front of him won’t have any, but didn’t know what to do, since he had declined him offering to pay for him so many times already, Jimin has no idea why since Jungkook isn’t the type to elaborate on his decisions, leaving him in the unknown.

“I don’t want anymore, so I’m gonna throw it in the trash.” Jimin spoke to get a reaction as Jungkook’s eyes shot up.

“No! Give it to me, you’re so wastef-waste-wasteful!” The frugal man got angered which caused him to stutter making Jimin give him the leftovers he was meaning to throw away.

“I’m gonna order something else, I feel like eating something ssssaltyyy..” The boy dragged out as he stared at the menu and ordered a large cheeseburger and a  large portion of fries, ate three fries and two bites of the burger, then pushed the trey away causing Jungkook's expression to grow angrier.

“Done. God, I’ll have to throw this into the bin too! Ugh, I’m such an iiiidiot.” Jimin said pretending his actions weren’t on purpose as he smacked his forehead for added effect. Sometimes, Jungkook’s bad social skills worked in his favor even if he didn’t know it.

“No! Jimin-ah! Give it to me, I’ll eat it if you can’t. What’s wrong with you?” Jungkook asked as Jimin shrugged and leaned back in his chair, trying his very best not to break into a laugh at Jungkook’s stupidity. Does this mess really have an IQ of 160? To what was Jimin's idea of feeding him, Jungkook had his own theory to condradict it.

“Do you think you’re fat? Cause you’re totally not. Y-you can like drink the full fat milk and-” Jungkook said as he made Jimin giggle, but he continued to eat as he spoke again. Is Jimin getting thinner? He probably wasn't.

“Eat anything you want.” Jungkook spoke with a full mouth, food almost falling out of it.

“I’ll take that into consideration, then. But I still like being like thin and stuff, but it’s so hard.” Jimin said as he leaned his head on his closed fist as he watched him eat.

“You’d be cuter if you had chubby cheeks.” Jungkook said as food finally fell out of his mouth, making Jimin frown.

“Shut the up and stop talking, you’re messy.” Jimin spoke harshly as he gave a napkin to the other. Jungkook wiped his mouth then proceeded to wink at the boy sitting across from him, making him flinch and look away shyly. The raven haired boy thought it was cute when he got all flustered. God, wash away those sinful thoughts, he's still just Park Jimin. Was my just really hard for the abusive people that surround me? Jungkook thought. Maybe.

A few moments passed and Jimin was tapping his fingers on the desk and looking through the window, a feeling that could be many feelings. Jungkook just has to focus on what that feeling was. Oh it, it’s too hard, just ask him.

“Are you okay?”

“Why the hell do you think, that I’m not okay?” Jimin snapped back as he continued his action. I guess I forgot how difficult you are you. Jungkook said in his head as he frowned and chose not to ask further.

“I was just thinking.”

“Me too.” Jungkook said as Jimin looked at him for him to continue speaking but Jungkook just gave him an idiotic stare with his cheeks full of food. God, he hated that idiotic stare, but it was so adorable, the way he looked with his cheeks stuffed and his huge wide eyes, staring at him like that. Stop thinking that, Jimin, for sakes.

“What? I have.” The boy defended himself, then proceeded to chew again.

“That, wow..you make my ing head hurt. Anyway, I just thought, Jeon Jungkook, there’s a dance competition I’m in today-”

Jungkook spaced out for the rest of what the boy was saying, but he assumed he knew where this was going.

“Why are you telling me th-this? ” Jungkook got snappy since he had a billion things to do today, even this lunch is wasting his time, Jimin expected support, but he got rejected. Was his mother right? He was wasting his time, her time, his own time and Jungkook's time. Wow, he is just a huge waste of space and time.

“N-no. I wasn't meaning to- khh. You’re right, I should just stay and study at home. I can’t be focused on silly dancing all the time when the finals are so close.” Jimin said as Jungkook lifted an eyebrow at him, finally finishing his meal and wiping his hands of the grease and salt on his pants as napkins sat on the tray in front of them.

“So true! Finally, you’re thinking.” Jungkook said to the other that smiled weakly back at him, then proceeded to paint his face with the same frown he always has in school. Him and school equal…frown. Simple math? Maybe.

“Does the silly dancing competition ma-mak-ke you happy?” Jungkook asked as Jimin shrugged in a defeated mannerism.

“It doesn’t matter either way, since, it’ll be dumb. Everybody has their parents, siblings and friends there and I’ll be the only loser going home alone. As…always… What's the point?” Jimin said as he played with the paper leftover from the straw wrapper. The other boy knew not what to say to that. Either way he can’t come to the dance competition with so much work to do. Yugyeom has offered him to stay with his parents, but he doesn’t like being an extra in somebody’s family, since you don’t actually matter to them, only their flesh and blood matter. You’re just some kid that dragged along because their child wanted you to come, out of pity as well.

“How do you do it? You’re always so alone…well, you know… I feel like, I’m an orphan too, sometimes. I know I sound rude…”

“Family…isn’t blood. Do you know the awful saying, blood is thicker than water?” Jungkook asked, as Jimin internally rolled his eyes at his all-knowing-ness.

“Mm.” He hummed as he acknowledged him.

“It’s a lie. Blood that’s spilled on the battlefield is thicker than the water of the womb. “ He spoke, but Jimin frowned making the other realize that he didn’t understand.

“Blood spilled on the battlefield with your uh- brothers in combat, friends is thicker than the water of the womb.”

“Oh! Okay.”

“Bambam told me that, I don’t really like history. I think…he wanted…to be relatable.” Jungkook said with a small smile.

“Honestly, your family is a bit , and so are you. I suggest…moving out…never speaking to them again.” Jungkook spoke as if he calculated the situation already to how he'd handle the situation, it was easy for him to say. Since that has been his life, but Jimin finds that more difficult than the boy could imagine.

“Yeaaah, just, sell myself on the corner as I cut myself away from the rich life I’m used to living., turning to drugs and killing myself in the end.”

“Yeah!” Jungkook said as Jimin finally punched him in the shoulder, suddenly making Jungkook realize who that reminded him of. The two boys left the restaurant and Jimin didn’t even ask him about the dance competition, since he knew he wouldn’t come. What was he thinking with trying to ask the person that likes him the least to watch his dancing competition? God, he’s such an idiot sometimes, but sometimes he thought that the boy ing him on the daily would have some interest for him. He understood that sometimes, relationships like that don't go any deeper, but he couldn't help himself to fall for him. When he was inside of him the way his eyes stared at him, they were filled with love, but when things were over and done Jungkook's eyes pretended the two haven't met yet.

 

X

 

“Jiminah, let’s go, go, go.” Yugyeom jumped around the boy for a while before they went on stage to hype him up, making Jimin smile. After they’ve performed, Jimin’s adrenaline dropped drastically as the realization of his loneliness and regret hit him like a truck. He should’ve stayed home and studied, his parents will be mad, this isn’t worth it. You have to make them happy, that’s the first thing you have to do. As the boy stared upon the audience filled with parents, siblings, friends, grandma’s and grandpa’s, filled with sadness, he heard something.

“Yah! Jin hyung, it’s not so hard! Ho-ho-o-how do you mess it up !? Aaaaiigooo…”

“I’m sorry, it’s a new phone!”

Was heard through all the yelling and clapping. Jimin’s eyebrows slightly furrowed at the same stuttering he hears every day, but he saw nobody in the front rows so he must’ve imagined it. Besides, they were the last act before the ten minute break and the judge’s votes, so he must be delusional from all the pressure.

After they went backstage, and them telling each other encouraging words, they want back on stage with the four other groups to see the results. In the dead quiet, a shout was heard, and a few people shushing it afterwards.

“Turn it on, now!”

“Shhhh!”

“Second place goes to….The dance group, Bulletproof! Congratulations!” They said and Yugyeom and Jimin hugged in celebration as everybody in the room clapped for them.

After Jimin stared at the audience one last time before he packed up to go home, he saw him in the audience, holding a phone up horizontally as he noticed Jimin looking at him and gave a small wave, and as Jimin reciprocated the gesture meekly, the boy started stabbing the phone screen with his finger, but then gave it to the man next to him as he stood up to walk over to the stage that only Jimin and a few people now were standing on as the competition had finished. The boy stared at the now taller boy, since he was standing upon a tall stage in front of Jungkook with a not so happy expression on him. Oh God, now he’ll scream and punch me again, Jungkook's smile dropped in panic.

The red head jumped off of the stage and onto the same level as Jungkook, continuing to glare at him as the noise in the background didn’t make it too awkward. The boy was an unknown alien. Someone who cared for him without any gain for themselves. The red head wished to touch him and see if he was halucinating, maybe he was actually going insane.

After a few seconds of staring, Jimin wrapped his arms around the taller boy like koala to stop seeing his beautiful, kind, stupid, doofy face and smell his scent instead. Which was mostly sweat and cigarette smoke, but he loved it.

“Thanks.” The small boy whispered, shocking Jungkook with their first hug ever, as he awkwardly pat the back of his shoulders, then proceeded to wrap his arms around the boy's waist as he didn't want to but, yet wanted to really take advantage of the moment. He felt so small and breakable. 

Was this such a big deal? Did nobody really show up to see him perform? Jungkook looked throughout the entire place and no sign of his parents being there amongst the other parents of the teens.

“…Pif, I came so that you’d win second place?” Jungkook teased, trying to lighten up this stiff situation as he grinned and backed his head away, only to see tears forming in Jimin’s eyes causing his jaw to open from shock, parting his lips in the process. He had no idea that he was actually, maybe...delicate? That's the same way he found out that Yoongi was delicate, by giving him a second chance. Jin, he was delicate too, but he found that out in the worst way. They all hid it away. Maybe, it was just a human thing to put on a front of various levels of toughness and keep glistening that tough exterior until you turn completely cold, or somebody saves you from yourself? You seemed shiny to the world, that was all that mattered, you were absolutely glowing.

Jungkook didn't know about the other people in his life, but he feels as if he's completed the final stage that nobody can pierce through him, but maybe he can help others. Jimin isn't a bad person, we are all products of our living circumstances. Sometimes, taking away your pride for giving someone a second chance really pays off, even though the process is painful, filled with bad memories. If he were not to show up today and just only used him for , would he never had seen the tears that graced his eyes making him seem so desperate for love and approval that he even embraced the boy he used to hate the most.

“I didn’t mean it- like that.. I’m proud of you.” Jungkook spoke, filled with regret since he was the one that made Jimin have to wipe his tears away, but he said nothing back. Jin ran up behind him to show him the screen.

“I uh, sorry. We meant to tape your dance but only taped the awarding of the trophy thing..” The old man spoke to Jimin who politely smiled back through the tears.

“Aaaaand…” Jungkook stretched as the other rolled his eyes, which caused the boy to giggle through his embarrassing outburst of emotions.

“And it’s all my fault. Don’t push it, kid.” He confessed bitterly, as Jimin backed himself away as he half crossed his arms at the unknown male.

“This is Jin hyung. We l-“

“Left the university classes to come here. It was so fun, I don’t do art but it was nice. You won second place! Kkkkh, let’s go drinking. Don't cry! Well, I guess it is really a big night, eh?” Jin spoke for Jungkook, making things faster as Jimin agreed. The boys spent all night drinking with Jin as he paid for their drinks as hyung should. In the midst of the night, the realization of him drinking away his day with two eighteen year-olds had hit him, but they looked like they were having so much fun and so was he. It was difficult at time to connect with the two but they’ve managed. No matter what was being said throughout the drunken night, even though Jin is a cool hyung, Jimin was only looking at one boy.

Taehyung couldn’t come to see him since he was busy with work, Bambam and Hoseok were studying for his entrance exams and Yugyeom went to celebrate with his own family. But, Jeon Jungkook came. The boy he treated the worst. He showed up, despite his work. Nobody really deserves the kind of love that Jungkook offers. It was unconditional and it tore him apart from the inside and the outside. It was almost as if an angel ripped off all of his feathers and frantically duct taped them to other people, trying to get them to fly as well.

 

“Does he like me too?” Jimin questioned himself in his bedroom, hiding his face in his pillow and screaming into it a little bit, biting his bottom lip and hugging his pillow. He s him sure, but he’s never shown any interest in him other than his body, even if he shows bare minimum, Jimin rejects him. The boy never wanted this but, damn.

His ’s getting hard at the thoughts of dating that bastard. He’s special. Jimin wanted the cheesy dates at the movies and stupid walks at the beach, and sharing straws in a cup, he never had that. Besides, he was getting kind of sentimental at the thought of him being the one to take his ity. The boy drunken with love and red wine from the celebration, went to get candy to eat from the fridge as the doors opened and his mother came in, Jimin ran up to hug her, shocking her, so much so that she was speechless for a good few moments. They didn't hug since he was a child.

“Jiminie, we didn’t know you’d be awake.” She spoke into the embrace as she saw her son giddy for the first time in a long time.

“Sorry, I am a bit tipsy, I went out drinking with friends after the dance competition.”

“Drinking kills brain cells, that was a dumb thing to do. You could've gotten killed.” She spoke furiously as his dad came in, grumpy and heading towards the bed with only mumbling a simple ‘Hey.’

“Alright.” He spoke as his mother furrowed her brows.

“Why are you not fighting with me? Did you fall in love, kid? Eh?” She asked since that’s all they ever do lately.

“Mom, let’s just keep it that way and go our own ways.” Jimin asked for a peace treaty as his mother frowned and shook her head.

“Tchhh.. alright. But seriously, don’t get me mad with this silly behavior, alright? March on upstairs. Sleep it off so that you’re awake for school. I’ll tell you your punishment for getting drunk tomorrow.” The woman said as Jimin did whatever she wanted since he felt too good to resist. He got upstairs as he jumped on his bed to go to sleep, but got a text from someone.

From: Jeon Jungkook, sent [23:44] : "R u home?" The boy asked, translated from boy-talk: "Did you arrive home safely ?"

Jimin read and chewed on the bottom of his lip until it started to bleed red as he fiddled with his phone's options for so long that he didn't even notice him not responding as he got another buzz.

From: Love, sent [23:49] : "Ur worrying me. are you home???" Jimin got sent yet again, not sure if he liked the name.

From: Honey, sent [23:50] : "U have 1 minute to respond or else im calling ur parents im not messing around jimin" The boy kept frantically sending messages to the boy who insisted on going home on his own without Jungkook walking him.

"Aish! You're pabo now." Jimin said to himself as he changed the boy's name to 'Idiot' on his phone before he responded with a thumbs up to only enrage the boy who thought he couldn't get home by his own self.

From: Jimin, sent [23:51] : "my mum is crying about me being a failure as we speak. home sweet home."

Thank God, Jungkook thought as he sprawled himself across the couch in Namjoon's office.

"Who are you texting? Your boyfriend?" Namjoon asked as the boy shook his head left and right.

"A friend."

"I see, so it's not Min Yoongi, then?" Namjoon asked as Jungkook's eyes fearfully shot up at his boss.

"What do you mean?" How did he find out about him?

"I know you live with that waste of space, but don't worry. " Namjoon said as he walked up behind Jungkook's head as he crouched.

"A tip from hyung to dongsaeng, you better lay off of that deadbeat, if you know what's good for you. "

"Why?"

"Hah, you, yourself must know that the list is too long to even name, but what you may not know is that he can't love, he's a tin man. He doesn't have a heart. Just because yours is too big for your body, doesn't mean that you should give away every last piece of it until you're left with none." Namjoon said as Jungkook almost cracked the screen with his fingers on the phone from the rage he tried to control as he sat up on the couch.

"Hah. Funny." Jungkook said as he grinned and laughed for a second looking at the older.

"Funny?" He retorted, not attempting to be funny at all.

"Oh, just how pathetic you are, really. Y-you say that, while th-thinking that Jin-hyung would ever love a crooked b-bum like you. I'm roaring with laughter a-at the irony, Namjoon-nim." Jungkook spoke through a toothy grin as his dark large irises stared back into Namjoon's eyes who didn't say anything back.

The two men were often intellectual matches and would try to out smart one another or shame a stupid behavior coming from either of them.

"Maybe, you even have a twisted thing for Yoongi, maybe you feel like you still own him, but you don't. You don't own Jin-ssi, either."

"I saved his life, you should be grateful." Namjoon said as Jungkook smirked with only one corner of his face. He knew he murdered the man, he was no fool. When he pretended to be cooling off from the shock, he really just thought about what actually happened that night since it made zero sense to the boy, how could have he possibly just let it sit?

"Stop looking at me as the pathetic one, a-at least, I'm not the psychopath that plays with poor, broken man's emotions, leavi-leaving him to- whatever. At least Yoongi is the only one in my heart, Hopefully, so is Jin in yours." Jungkook scoffed as he got another buzz from Jimin, which caused him to roll his eyes internally. So many people, everybody is so needy. Youth was annoying, being a bitter middle aged man during his teen years, instead of being an actual teen before Jimin opened his eyes to the freedom of youth was so simple.

Now everything was so overwhelming, filled with love, hate, friendships, fighting for what you believe in, it seems like being alone in a deep sea for most of the time. The price for his fulfilled life was a the huge burden on his back of it all.

"Really? Your friend, seems to sing a different song in comparison to you. You're a little bit too perfect for this messy, messy world, Jungkook, it's only a matter of time until you snap. Although I think you already have, but it worked out for you, somehow. Not sure how, but everything always works out for you. One day, that'll all stop and your break downs will lead you to a huge up. I suggest, learning patience and learning to walk away." Namjoon said in a threatening tone as his words hit a cord for Jungkook for the first time and the older could see it. He could practically hear him trying to swallow spit, but his dry throat not allowing him.

"What did you do? Did you snap already, before? Would everyone still have the same respect for you if they knew the real you?" The only man that Jungkook ever looked up to crouched in front of him, letting all of their arguments go like dust in the wind into the two broken black holes that everybody in so easily. Those big beautiful hurt filled ponds of black sorrow that turned into tumultuous seas within a millisecond as the boy stood up and pushed the man away as he exited the office.

 

As the years went on Jungkook became more and more angry and allowed himself to be controlled less and less, but his boss was too big of a bite to chew as previously proven, he shouldn't get angry in his presence again, no matter what people say Kim Namjoon, the mob boss was a calm, collected man with hands always clean, looking his sharpest as the misguided idiots did his dirty work. No, he wasn't the drug dealer or the hit man as everybody below him was titled with. The man was a business man. Even if they caught one of his boys, they'd never speak out against him and even if they did, they'd have no evidence to prosecute. 

Kim Namjoon, the man who could get away with murder.

The man had told him that Jungkook could help him manage the boys if he managed his anger first, or go off to Busan and leave his loved ones behind to work for four years without making money. Or perhaps, he could be the rich guy donating  toys and clothes to orphanages as he support everyone he loves, maybe even settle down sooner, accomplish all of his dreams in a matter of moments, or go the honorable route of a college student, grinding to make it every day in Busan as all of the people he loved are left in Seoul, still struggling.

One thing that Namjoon did extremely well was put an offer on the table that couldn't be refused.

So that was it.

Either take the offer of an easy life, or go with the path you've always planed to go. The hard path.

-----------

A/N - To be continued I guess ~~~~~~ [[[if you're confused about anything in the story just ask, don't be shy ]]]