Busan

Training wheels

A/N - As you can see, the story will be wrapping up soon~ Hope you enjoy reading this chapter! Warning: ually explicit, non consensual scene ahead, read at your own risk, or skip this chapter!

----

Jungkook opened the door of his apartment forcefully as he slammed it shut afterwards, awakening Yoongi without the wishing to do so.

The boy came in causing a huge ruckus, throwing glass bottles around the apartment at the walls, seeking something to destroy to make this sense of confusion and lack of purpose leave his body.

As he was in the process of heading off to their bedroom, taking in his inhaler since all of this plus the running he did to get home took a toll on his lungs. The boy even threw objects around the household as he felt a hand on his bare bicep, which stopped him in his tracks, he turned around to see Yoongi holding his inhaler.

“Here you go.” The soothing voice spoke, handing out the boy as he knelt down to the boy’s level as he placed his cushiony lips on his temple, unfreezing him. Something inside of Jungkook changed as the two boys got out of their shells and started trying not to be so cold towards each other. It's not like they were actually cold, they just didn't need comfort, cuddling and pda that other people felt the need to do to prove that their relationship is good enough.

They were used to lonely nights with nobody even able to give them the love that they needed, so they stopped needing it, but when one of them took an extra step of trying to pretend they're normal, functional human beings and show a loving gesture like a hug or a kiss, even if it was weird and unusual at first it very quickly grew to be something very comforting and soothing. It was as if a chemical in their brain was released that bonded them closer together each hug, each night spent together sleeping next to each other's scents. They were getting better, together and they held onto it so desperately.

Truthfully, if he didn't have Yoongi, he wouldn't have a single friend right now. He'd still be the same, scared, tweaky , stuttering little  boy that would never talk to anyone unless he absolutely had to. But as he approached his first person, the drug abusing, absolutely imperfectly perfect person, everything had changed. He took the first step with that friendship, so he just repeated the process with Jin, Jimin, Namjoon, Jackson and the other guys back in the gang. If you give love, there's no way you won't get it back. It's just that people were way too shy than Jungkook imagined, he thought that they were all extroverted screaming monkeys just hanging around and being family like towards each other, which was untrue and people should never assume that. If you step into a room, everybody should be your friend. Everybody struggles, everybody is afraid and alone, at the end that's how we come into this world and that's how we're coming out of it. But God damn it, we don't have to live alone. If we live supported and surrounded by love, the memories of those moments will keep you warm in that cold death bed.

 

On the surface, at times, it seemed as if their personalities clashed like two of the same magnetic poles, but they fit so perfectly together. Yoongi knew what behavior not to ask about and what he had to leave alone. Well, he didn't ask about a lot of things, which suited Jungkook, but left the man's soul restless at times. No matter what state his soul was left in, you just can't ask people to talk about something they don't want to talk about, but Yoongi's had enough.

“Let go of your ary and tell me what the hell is getting you so mad lately?” The older whispered without anger in his voice as he climbed on top of their bed and laid down in his wife beater and black basketball shorts, head pointed to the boy, the imagine was almost identical to the first time he laid his eyes upon him. It was summer? Or the beginning of autumn. The date doesn’t matter, the clothes are the same. 

Only the words matter. The boy remembers every single one exchanged.

Now, he wasn’t standing outside, both males strangers to each other, now they were something.

Something.

“You’re beautiful.” Jungkook told the man who popped his pink bubble gum at him in response, playing with it with his tongue, stretching it every which way. Yoongi has thought about the man's compliments at times and every single time they were about his appearance.

“I wanted blue bubblegum, but I took the pink. I’m so predictable.” Yoongi started a fourth conversation topic, since neither of them wished to speak about particularly anything, since all that mattered was that they're both healthy and at home with each other. Yoongi didn’t wish to point out at the younger’s lies and Jungkook just didn’t want to talk about himself.

“Did you and Kim Namjoon used to date?” Jungkook asked as he stared at the man’s eyes, who popped another balloon for the second time as a response.

“He used to me, then he wanted to date me, I was like, no. Now he’s a that ruins boy’s lives, in my opinion, that is. Why you askin'?” The older spoke to the younger.

“I…d-is h-he a bad m-man?” Jungkook asked, putting it as simply as he could.

“I dunno. Nobody’s a bad man. Not even a psychopath, I think. Not even a serial killer. We just do bad and good stuff. He loves, I love, you love. We’re just different wavelengths, honey.”

“Oh okay.”

“Yeah.”

“It’s just…I work for him and he invited me to co lead his business.” Jungkook said as Yoongi sat up on the bed to look at if he was joking.

“Yah…look at me. You’re not serious?!” Yoongi asked the boy who didn’t understand the need for shouting, which infuriated him.

“What’s the big deal?! We’ll lose the ing apartment s-soon unless you take up two jobs for the rent on top of mine-“ The man went off on a pointless rant, fueled by bitterness of the cooped up apartment. The man who didn't finish high school, with a criminal record, couldn't in fact get two jobs, he was lucky to get barely any job and that had to be through Jungkook threatening the owners without Yoongi's knowledge.

“Not the problem. You’re a good ing kid, you don’t need to- Jungkook!” Yoongi shouted at the boy who exited the room not to do anything he regrets, lately he found out that just storming off was much better. The man grabbed his leather jacket as he was about to head out and cool off, but was stopped again.

“Hey! What’s the matter with you?! Huh? Are you mute all of a sudden, kid?” The man asked as he didn’t allow the younger to move without him pushing him aside, so he did just that.

“Kid! Kid, kid, kid. Namjoon says I’m a kid, J-J-J-in says I’m a kid! I a-a-m the adult! Ugh! off! I am more adult than a-any of you!” The younger kept yelling nonsense. He could never put out all of his emotions by raising his voice, while other people were still so articulate. The unfair world of Jungkook’s life. He only stood by his last sentence, in his life, he was the only adult.

As the youth stormed outside, he was followed by the smaller man.

“Why are you running away?! You’ve never ran away from an argument before!” Yoongi yelled at the boy in the empty streets of their neighborhood ghetto, causing for other people to shout at them to shut the up.

“Why the hell would you care?! I don’t want to pointlessly argue with you about every single th-thing!”

“Kookie-ah! I might’ve been wrong about everything before, but what I do know is that I….that you shouldn’t be with him. “ The grey haired man spoke as he got closer to the boy who stopped running for the other to catch up.

“Thanks. Anyway, I know that you are smarter than me, okay? I know that you know that this is bull. Look at me-“ Yoongi spoke to the taller as put his palm on the nook of the taller’s neck, getting him to connect their eyes.

“You are not a loser. Namjoon is a loser. That’s why I never wanted to date him, so he’s a tad bitter about it. Big whoop. “ The man spoke, he hated gangsters, drug dealers and alpha men in all of their colors. He's dealt with them his entire life, Jungkook is so gentle and lovely, he doesn't have to be like Namjoon.

“W-why are you telling me that? I don’t want to date you, hyung.” Jungkook told the man who pouted in return while simultaneously dragging the fabric of the boy’s oversized shirt only to pin it together with a hair pin. Where does he even keep them? Jungkook thought to himself as the argument derailed.

“The shirt keeps hanging off of you…” The man complained, trying to cover his collarbones.

“Hyung..”

“Yes, sorry, baby.” Yoongi spoke as he fixed up the boy’s bangs from them going into his eyes, making the boy’s eyes flutter. Yoongi didn't know this but all that Jungkook was thinking about was kissing him, so he had to distract himself by adding a new topic to the conversation.

“You know…I’ve been…um applying for universities..” Jungkook spoke as the man in front of him suddenly started glowing from the happiness radiating for the most important person in his life for the past year, spoke about getting out of it.

“Really?? Oh, I’m so- uh, I’m cool. How did it go?” Yoongi tried to act cool as his baby started to speak again.

“Yeah, I’ve been accepted to a really good university…but..the one I want to go to is in Busan and the others are a-a-all out of Seoul but they’re worse.” Jungkook spoke as the older slowly unwrapped his hands from the youth’s neck as he grinned widely, hiding something inside of him away.

“That’s awesome! Are you happy?” Yoongi asked as Jungkook got taken aback.

“Uh- of course I am..” The boy said as Yoongi smiled back and caressed his cheek. The sun setting made the boy look more beautiful, yet sad at the lack of a response from Yoongi. The response that he wanted to hear that is. One word, a hand signal, anything, and I'll stay with you, forever, please.

“I’m sorry I could only get a scholarship from them- I couldn’t g-get into Seoul university b-bec-“

“Shut up.” Yoongi spoke harshly for the first time, making the younger think it’s because of him getting tired of his stupid way of talking after spending so much time together.

“You are happy with Busan, there’s no point in dwelling on the what could’ve been. Besides, what the hell would be holding you to Seoul? Your mob wife, Namjoon? Don’t even think about staying because of him, become a cute little Busan engineer.” The man cooed as Jungkook started playing with his sleeves and frowning at the same time.

“All my life…I’ve worked so hard…I threw it all in the trash. I feel like I could’ve been anything, but the one year I started living like a normal teenager it all crashed d-d-d-do-down. I am a huge failure. A sh-shame to my family’s name. “ The boy spoke to the man who ended up crouching in front of him, since he always looked down, the man decided to look up at him.

“You’re my family and you’re the only person in my family that’s ever graduated high school with straight A's, and to get into college alone is a huge thing. How could you say that? I’ve been living like a normal person my entire childhood. Maybe that’s why I’m so messed up. I guess all you can do now is go back to being a weirdo brainiac and graduate university aaaand work in America aaand get a doctorate and make androids for a living, or something.” Yoongi spoke as Jungkook smiled and decided to change the topic once again since he was lying about being fine to go to Busan. The facade was too hard of a task to keep up for him.

“I don’t want to see your face anymore… you’re not wearing make up.” With his make up he was flawless and without it he was too human, too reachable and simple. Yoongi always wore make up around him, around house as well, insisting it was alright since he was ugly without it, when really he didn't even have a pimple on his face, just a little purple under his eyes. Two purple petals in the youth's eyes.

“Yah! What the hell? Cruel, Jungkook-ah.” Yoongi furrowed his eyebrows at the boy staring directly at him as he spoke how he didn't wish to see him.

“No, you’re just - I don’t want to look at you. It’s like I’m leaving everything.” The boy spoke, referring to only Yoongi, he couldn't give a about his earthly possessions. Only the man nobody could have.

“That’s what moving feels like, I did it too it’s fine. You’ll get used to it after a month or two. ” Yoongi spoke as he rubbed the boy’s back in a comforting manner, but Jungkook didn’t care about everything. Yoongi was everything. If only I could just tell you but I don’t want to ruin our friendship. 

The boy wished not to let Yoongi go, if he confesses maybe things would be different. They kissed before, but Jungkook wants them to be something, not just dust floating in the air. Dead skin cells traveling from one place to another with no purpose or meaning. 

If Yoongi is fine with me leaving, I should let him go. Your relationship is in your head for Christ sakes, just let it go for the sake of your own sanity.

The man took the boy’s hands in his own as he head towards the apartment, walking backwards, but the boy shook them off.

“Baby, what’s wrong? It’s cold outside. What the heck are we doing outside?” Yoongi censored himself not to seem mad, he wasn't of course, but it was a weird day.

“Heck?...Well, we never go outside. We’re always inside, I hate it, hyung.” Jungkook said to the man who crossed his arms in return, mostly from the cold.

“You won’t miss our lazy days in the apartment? You won’t miss our room? Don’t you want to go back to it? You’ll be gone.. so soon.” Yoongi spoke, hurt by the boy, wishing to take advantage of every moment they can spend together before him leaving.

“The apartment changed my life, b-but now. I need to go. So, does another day even matter? Does another night spent with you.. even matter?” Jungkook spoke without thinking of what a regular person would take the implications behind his words to be.

“Whatever, I just wanted to sleep next to you again and you had to make it a thing. It doesn’t even matter.”

“That’s not what I meant-“

“Pack your ing bags right now, me for wanting to spend time with you.” Of course, he had to snap again, Yoongi felt like an idiot but he wasn't lying about his emotions, not even one bit. Just get out of my face I don't want to feel loved for a second more if I won't be able to see you ever again.

“ off, then! Like always- “ Jungkook stopped mid speaking as the older walked away. The boy let the older cool off and stayed with Namjoon for the rest of the day, doing various things for him, but decided to sleep at their apartment, since Yoongi was right. They should spend as much time together before they become total strangers once again.

The boy quietly slipped under the covers and came as close to the small ball on top of the bed as he could without wrapping himself around him.

“I’m sorry.. “

“After you leave this place…I’ll leave too.” The older responded, cold, emotionless, well pretending to be for the sake of his sanity.

“Why?”

“I won’t have enough money since, you’ve found me that assistant chef job, it doesn’t pay as much as my old way of getting money, but then my old way of getting money leads me back to my addiction and it .. I wish I was still doing the same things as before you came along.. but I don’t.. I’m still so confused. Of course it’s not your job to guide me along through life and I’m happy you’re going, I just wanted to thank you for putting up with me for so long…you know…before you go.. ” The man spoke the words he couldn’t speak to the boy’s face. He didn’t even wish a response to be heard from him. God, he wanted to text him this the day that he left, but he wanted to make sure that he got this message loud and clear.

“When did you get this gooey? Ewww, feeelingsss…” Jungkook responded with teasing in the worst, yet best way to the man who has a difficult time confiding to God himself, as he felt a strong arm wrap around him under the blanket and a body hugging against his own. Under the covers the two were different than when fully conscious and upright, they melted into a puddle of love until they fell asleep and woke up separated for their day apart.

“Why did you kiss me that night?” The boy whispered against the back of the smaller's head.

“Sorry about that, let’s put it behind us, our friendship doesn’t need to suffer cause of it. Sometimes, I’m inappropriate like that. It doesn’t have to be a thing, let’s just sleep.” The man spoke as the younger his biceps up and down to calm him down before he went to sleep. They figured out a routine for themselves already.

“I like the way cherry lip gloss tastes on you.” The younger spoke as made chills go through the man’s spine. Who the hell talks like that?

“Cheap?”

“Mm…I like cheap things..” Jungkook said, causing the older to frown without him seeing it.

“..but you’re such a luxury..can’t afford..” The boy started to speak deliriously from the tiredness. The boy often times wished he was a millionaire that could support Yoongi financially and buy them an apartment. He wishes he could buy happiness for the man.

“I s-still want t-to try…to …get..” He spoke so clearly to himself as he yawned loudly and proceeded to focus on sleep and Yoongi stopped talking to allow him that, but the boy said one more thing before fully dozing off.

“I’ll always be with you hyung… I’m so happy you’re okay w-w-with it..” The boy spoke, after a few minutes, he started snoring, which made Yoongi immediately shoot up from his hold as he walked towards the balcony to take a cigarette from the box he held outside with shaking hands, he lit it up as he held the cigarette between his index and middle finger he proceeded to dab his wet eyelids with his wrists, taking a break between the tears, trying not to choke on his salvating throat, from the sudden burst of emotions.

The man wanted to pull out all of his hair to stop the pain he was feeling inside of himself, kicking the insides of his stomach and tugging on his heart and setting it on fire with every inhale. The waves of emotions he felt on the balcony were so unstable, the boy crouched down not to fall over from the pain.

Please say that you want me to go to Busan with you and stay there and get away from this stupid place with you. Why didn’t you say that? It would only take one word, a hand gesture, anything. I'd leave everything for you.

I’d follow you anywhere, I’d jump any bridge to thank you for these few months of our happiness, even if you’d stop and let me fall on my own. The crying man thought to himself, no he wasn’t fully crying and screaming so that he doesn’t wake him up, just absolutely whining with probably the ugliest crying face on the planet.

Even though, Jungkook would never let him fall off the bridge, he’d probably jump to save him, the idiot.

You made me feel like I could have it all, like I could have us, happiness, something untouchable. Now, you’ll leave me to die, alone. in Seoul.

 

X

 

When the sun rose up and hit Jungkook’s eyelids he felt strangely happy, as if he was having a wet dream, those are his favorites.

Why does this feel so real?

Did he sleep over at Jimin’s? He felt a hand on his thigh, he must’ve.

“Jiminah…” The boy moaned as he rubbed his eyes with his finger tips and stared at the ceiling as he just let himself enjoy the morning , when he realized that was his ceiling.

Jungkook jerked his entire body up as he pushed the grey haired person off of him roughly without meaning to.

“What? Don’t act like you didn’t like it.” Yoongi spoke, opposite to his usual nature he sounded nasty as Jungkook took the sheet and covered his entire lower body with it, hiding himself away.

When a flower doesn’t bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower. Maybe this apartment was bad for Yoongi. It held so much love yet, so much darkness that Jungkook doesn’t even know about.

“I can see th-that you don’t want to do this. D-do you feel like you need to do…this?” Jungkook asked, concerned, a bad feeling mixing in his stomach by the dead eyes staring back at him.

“I want to do it. Why the hell are you over analyzing a ?” Yoongi said as he stood up from the bed, embarassed.

“Did something happen, you’ve never been so – have you been using aga-?” Jungkook fumbled with a pitiful stare on the older, the one he hated the most.

“No! God! You always embarrass me. I just wanted to do it, okay?!”

“Embarrass? In front of who? If you’re embarrassed by y-your own actions with me, that’s your fault! “ Jungkook yelled at the man who felt smaller with every word shouted at him. All that the man wanted was for him to stay or love him in any way. They didn’t have to be friends, he would him every day if that meant that he stayed by his side forever.

Without him he’s just, himself, what a repulsive thought.

“I’m not a drug addict anymore, sometimes I slip up- but most of the time I’m good! I’m better! I thought you trusted me! I guess this is why you reject me touching you--- and us being together, who’d want to bring a drug addict over to Busa- “ The older spoke as he stared at the youth, who grew wide eyed at the realization of his pain.

Yoongi stopped pacing, instead turned and exited the room by slamming the doors shut, causing Jungkook to flinch. It would take too long for him to get dressed and chase after the boy, since he already heard him exit the apartment.

As he dragged his bare bottom up from bed and checked to see that there’s nothing in the fridge, he put on some clothes, locked the apartment and left to take the longest walk of his life to throughout almost the entirety of Seoul. What’s the point of being in that apartment? A home without him isn’t a home. The boy called the only person he knew that was an adult for the second time. This time he didn't turn his airplane mode on. 

“Hey, Kook.” Jin finally greeted him as he sat beside the boy on a park bench while holding a small white dog in his hands.

“You okay?” Jungkook's eyes shifted from the dog to the man, as if asking a question with his eyes.

“Namjoon got me a dog. I dunno… I guess I love it.” Jin said as he put the dog on the sad man’s lap to cheer him up. It looked like one of those overpriced tiny accessories dogs. Namjoon had his own dog that he loved, but he only ever had the big dogs, he said. The boy excused himself before he started talking, having to text someone.

To: Min Yoongi, 19:01 : “Please come home, I’m out of the apartment u can com and sleep. I swear, trust me pls. Stay safe” The boy sent the man, hoping that he’ll come home to sleep.

 

 

X

 

As Yoongi ran outside of his apartment the man walked the streets carelessly, even passing by Bobby and Jackson without a snide remark aimed towards them, looking glum for his usual self.

“What’s wrong, my main man? Did you finally get aids or something, what’s bringing the life of the party down?” Bobby spoke as he wrapped his arms around Yoongi, taking drags from his cigarette between walking with the hand not wrapped around the older man. 

“I swear my body somehow creates cancerous cells inside of me whenever you open your mouth, thinking that it’s the fastest solution to kill me off.” The man responded to the unfunny, homophobic comments as usual.

“Or, it’s the super-aids.” The man responded wisely as Yoongi gestured him for a drag of his cigarette, then after taking a drag, passing it back, only speaking after the other took a drag as well.

“I gave you the super-aids, how do you feel?” Yoongi asked as Bobby looked at his cigarette with worry, as Jackson coming next to him to reassure him that he’s fine.

The man’s grin quickly turned into a sad misguided frown as he walked away from the two boys that he never trully held a grudge against. Yoongi was stuck in a maze, feeling that there is no right way. If Jungkook stays with him his life will become worthless like his, a lowly life of crime, but if he leaves, he leaves for good. His happiness wasn't worth ruining a young boy's path towards a better life and he will stand by that no matter how long, no matter how long it hurts him. In his head, he was stuck worst kind of maze, you can see everything but you don't know which way to go.

 

X

 

As Jungkook was packing with Jimin helping him, since Yoongi has been a ing missing case, but he knew he was alive since he was reading his texts without replying like the that he is.

“Woa, what is this??” The now black haired boy asked as he opened a huge box labeled “DO NOT TOUCH” clearly, being a great person by doing so.

“What?” Jungkook asked as he expected it to be filled with s and beeds or some sort of , but as he stood next to Jimin the one crouching, he saw that he was flipping through a huge notebook next to an encyclopedia sized collection of notebooks, each of them having a year on them, the oldest being 2004.

“They’re all filled with…lyrics..and poems, doodles. This isn’t yours, your roomates?” He asked as he looked up at Jungkook who frowned and kicked him in the back lightly with his sock covered foot.

“No, I-I’m actually a ing poet in free time! God.“ Jungkook said as Jimin didn’t care for his sarcasm and flipped through the pages with fascination as Jungkook decided to open the second box that Yoongi said never ever to open. “DO NOT TOUCH.. BREAKABLE

“ you, you prick.” Jungkook spoke, filled with rage of his absence of the day before the morning of the boy's departure for Busan as he opened the top and saw a collection of records, albums, even a guilty pleasure kpop album or two was placed inside but it was a variety of genres and singers. When Jimin saw this he absolutely freaked out and took the box out of his sight.

As Jungkook was left with only the poems, as he grabbed the most recent year “2016” and scrolled through the pages, he only saw two poems, even though they were four months into the year. The others were overflowing with poems. The first poem, didn’t have a title, only the second one did. It was titled “2015/2016”

 

“I was sad for so long I forgot what happiness felt like

 

Now I know, happiness killed the poet and birthed out us

 

I was never a poet to begin with, just a sad man, reaching out.”

 

Jungkook read out, not knowing to understand and empathize with poetry, music or any form art, thinking that they’re quite useless to the planet, as he scoffed and closed the book shut, he saw Jimin pouting on the floor, the pout he always did before he started crying.

“Wow, he sounds so in love. I wish I could have that… like, the poem sounds unfinished, doesn’t it?” Jimin asked as Jungkook didn’t know what to say back. It had a dot in the end so it must be finished.

“Um, yeah.” Jungkook said as he put the 2016 notebook back in it’s place and went back to folding his clothes as the boy was left on the floor to look through the pages.

“Look, listen to this one.”

 

“ ' Stupid

Today, Namjoon introduced me to his friends, but instead of love of our solitude, I felt ashamed.

We were both kicked out from the label, but why do I feel like I’m the only one

I’m spiraling out of control I can’t stop myself with these hectic thoughts.

My thoughts, my words, weren’t good enough, I can’t stop to hate the man I once loved. ‘ And after that on the next page it’s ‘The break up’ , that went well.” Jimin spoke as he didn’t know that Jungkook knew the people in the poems. Jimin read them as he made Jungkook pause and sit next to the boy as he told him to read him some more.

 

This one was from the 2006 notebook.

“ ‘Dad

My dad told me he loved me today. I don’t believe him.’

Dad II.

Today he said I’d never amount to anything just like my brother.

Even though he is right I knew he didn’t love me. I knew it.’  I don’t like this one, it’s…I don't like it. “ Jimin said as Jungkook squeezed his knee to calm him down.

“ Maybe the 2015 one has s-something with me there.” Jungkook asks as he takes it in his lap as the two boys scroll through the pages carefully, with Jungkook noticing a title that made him hit Jimin’s shoulder.

“ ‘ Bambi

Bambi always cries about his mom, dad.

At nights, in the forest, thinking that I couldn’t hear him,

he cries about the forest fire, screaming about how it’s spreading.

I tell him its fine. ‘ "

The boy read as he felt a bit embarrassed.

“This one feel uncompleted as we- are you okay?” Jimin asks as Jungkook didn’t know what he was talking about until he felt the dampness below his eyelid, quickly wiping it away.

“Put the damn notebook away and let’s not touch his stuff.” His demeanor quickly grew dark, but Jimin decided to read one more.

 

“Okay, one last poem from the end of 2015. It doesn't have a title, though.

 

‘I feel like you’ve taken off my training wheels and didn’t let me go as I rode so fast that my head span.

You didn’t push me off for laughs not even once, not even when I fell off a hundred times you didn’t mock me.

You make me so shy ? ? I can’t understand my feelings. I wish to destroy you so that you let me rott

alone again .

I don’t know how to write happy poems, they don’t feel right. ‘ “

Jimin read out loud as he stared at Jungkook who hid his face away from him. The poem had a lot of scribbling and highschool-girl-doodles of hearts next to it. It felt out of order and unscripted, clearly something shifted in his life to write such a thing. Jimin’s smile dropped at the realization of who he was writing about. For some reason he grew infuriated. Jungkook gave another boy his love while he was having with him. The rest of the poems were themed around failed dreams and funny anecdotes from his daily life. That plus the few romantically themed ones that clearly described Jungkook, since he was a unique character that couldn't be missed.

Does Jungkook really not know who the poems are about? Whatever.

He must’ve been way too annoying and ugly for someone like Jungkook. Min Yoongi must be stunning, older, taller and thin, unlike him. The boy didn't deserve any form of love either way, Jimin thought.

As they packed up Jungkook’s suitcase, he didn’t notice anything strange until a questioned burst out of Jimin, taking Jungkook aback.

“Jungkook-ah, am I ugly?” The small boy asked, causing Jungkook to furrow his eyebrows. 

“Why would I be ing you if I don’t find you attractive?” Jungkook responded logically as usual. Logic sometimes wasn't needed for love, but a carefully planned response at someone's most fragile, instead. Jimin was often clingy towards anyone who'd give him a minimum amount of attention, but with each time they had , he grew more and more attached. Dangerously attached. If the boy would decide right now to tell him to jump off of a bridge out of a whim, Jimin would do it. He'd do anything for the boy he loved and after he graduates high school he plans to confess, unless his insecurities get the best of him.

“So, then, I’m uninteresting? Or too fat? Or too stupid?” Jimin asked as he made Jungkook uncomfortable sine he had zero idea how to respond to the sea of questions.

“You’re fine..” Jungkook responded as Jimin repeated the last word angrily.

“Oh, what now?!” Jungkook spat harshly at the small boy who just needed to be told he’s good enough. Even then, he wouldn’t believe it.

“Why are you yelling, if I wanted to be yelled at, I could’ve just went home.” The boy whispered so that Jungkook couldn’t hear with his barely working ears, which just added fuel to the fire inside of Jungkook’s gut. He’s had enough of everybody. Namjoon, Yoongi, Jimin.

“You know what? I don’t know what the hell you expect by coming here, but you better not make me mad. I-if you want me to like you, maybe you should stop being so whiny and hate yourself a bit less. Maybe then you’d have friends wh-who don’t get sick of taking care of you!” Jungkook shouted as he didn’t even notice the way Jimin froze up, almost shaking from the stiffness.

“You’re so needy and annoying! What did you possibly think that w-we’d be? Together? Boyfriends? ” Jungkook asked mockingly as he put their heads closer and closer together.

“N-no.” Jimin lied to the boy as the fear inside of him grew and grew so much he was afraid to move a muscle.

“No, you’re lying. That’s what you do, you lie. You lie that you like me, and then, oh the nerd if a fun play toy in the end, huh?! It’s fine since now, since I can defend myself, you ing , sometimes I wish to come into your shower and smash your skull open just like you did to me.” Jungkook spoke as he connected their foreheads as Jimin didn’t dare to look at his eyes, fearing he would do as he unleashed all the piled up emotions he felt throughout all these years. He was the bigger one now, he could be the bully and turn the tables.

Jungkook was hit with a truck of realization of how he was behaving exactly like Namjoon described him with.

“Jimin-ah, you should leave.” The boy who genuinely cared for the younger, even with his bitter recollections of the past, thought it wasn’t safe for the boy to be next to him when he’s feeling this way. The boy knew that Jimin was more submissive than Yoongi, which was even scarier. As the black haired boy got his coat and shoes, Jungkook spoke up again.

“I’d never hurt you, but it’s better that you stay away from me. “ Jungkook said as Jimin turned around and shot him a stare saying ‘Please don’t let me leave’. Jungkook sat up and walked up to the other, placing the smaller’s head forcefully onto his chest with both hands as the other tugged on Jungkook’s hoody, wishing to rip it off how from the looks of how hard he tugged onto it.

“I can change, I’ll be good enough for you…I promise. I beg of you..”

“Jiminie, boys aren’t worth all of this. You should get a cat and really think about your life for a long amount of time. Y-y-your parents only wish the best for you. I am not your savior.” Jungkook spoke as he tried to pull himself away to let him exit the apartment, but Jimin didn’t let him.

“Jiminie, I love you so much...like a friend... that’s why you should get away from me.” Jungkook spoke as he comically tried to wiggle his body out of the grip and push the strong boy off of him as if he’s laying beneath a car and pushing him upwards.

“You hate me! Everbody hates me!” Jungkook hears as he falls on the matrass, the boy still not releasing him.

“Okay, listen, dude. Shut the up, y-you’re adorable and I love you but, ya gotta go-“ Jungkook spoke sweetness that he thought the other wished to ehar as he pried the boy off of himself and held him up with his hands placed firmly on his chest so that his short arms dangled in the air with the same pout from before covering his face, after which Jungkook finally gave it and let him down for the two to cuddle, since he knew he'd start crying otherwise. After a while Jungkook offered to watch a movie instead of the two being in silence, as Jimin nodded only to use it as an excuse to get even closer to his Jungkook, grabbing him like an octopus and not letting him go, as the boy let him to it since he felt really bad for saying all those things to him today.

As he passed his time of staying, it was 19:00 now and Yoongi would be at home by this point and Jungkook would be out, he knew that right on schedule, the man would enter the living room, he only saw him from the corner of his eye as he felt a hand pulling him closer, turning towards it he saw, a television screen lit up face of Jimin shooting the biggest daggers he’s ever seen to the person at the entrance as he placed his left hand on Jungkook’s right cheek and connected their lips into a deep, loud kiss that lasted until Yoongi left the room, only then did Jimin break the kiss.

“Someone’s petty.” Jungkook smirked at the boy as Jimin shrugged as a response, which caused Jungkook to pat his as he shook his head left and right, thinking the situation was funny.

“You’re mine.” Jimin said as Jungkook started his back underneath his shirt. The raven haired boy thought it was humorous and that Jimin was playing around, but he meant it with every fiber of his being. He'll make Jungkook his or die trying, he'll make him actually love him.

“Calm down..” Jungkook spoke as he subtly tried to tell Jimin to slowly detach himself form him, but not even believing himself that it would work.

“You know, I know deep down, that in your head, you kind of want to murder me because of high school, it’s out there. “

“Mm, sorry. I'm messed up.” The boy responded as he munched on crisps.

“You should try meditation or something you psycho.” Jimin whispered, thinking Jungkook wouldn’t hear but he did just barely since they were right next to each other, the only reasonable response was Jungkook pinching his as hard as he can.

“Ow, ow, stop it, dickwad!” Jimin yelled as Jungkook just released a deep sigh and let go of his as Jimin pouted at the boy and hit his forehead against his cheek until he turned around and they connected their lips to calm him down. Sometimes, Jimin was kind of cute, and Jungkook wished they were boyfriends at time, but knew that he shouldn’t be that selfish. The past still haunts him at times, and unless he magically gets rid of it, he’ll forever hold a grudge against the boy, which is something that Jungkook doesn’t want to do, he wants a life partner not somebody to take his weirdo anger out on. 

“You’re the weird, jealous, psycho, we aren’t even dating, and a-acting l-like you’re like a jealous in heat.” Jungkook said as he grabbed a couple of crisps from the bag on top of Jimin’s thigh that was placed on top of Jungkook’s thigh.

“Yeah, whatever, but you’ll miss me. I know it. Besides, why does that want you to leave Seoul? You should just stay working for Namjoon, it’s way cooler. Uni , I’m never going to uni.” The teenager spoke the words that Jungkook wanted to hear, not that he needed to hear.

“I know..but now it's already all done. You should come with me to Busan.” Jungkook said jokingly, since Jimin had to finish high school or his parents would actually disown him.

But what the two didn’t know was that the doors of the bedroom were left open just slightly so that the third presence in the apartment could hear everything that's been said in the living room, his soft sobs, muffled by the pillow weren’t loud enough to be heard out of the room, only to himself. For days on end, all that Yoongi did was work and come home and bawl his eyes out without being seen. This was the last time he'd do that with the boy still in the same apartment as him.

Was this the person that Jungkook s, the boy his own age that he’s willing to go to the ends of the earth with? He did gave him so much more than Yoongi would.

“Of course, babe.” He heard the last of the conversation as the noise of the television got too loud for him to listen in for any longer. The man fell asleep, without speaking a word to the boy leaving tomorrow morning.