Does he hate me?

You're my bright star

      

            Yifan can’t help thinking about that cute adorable boy. They both sophomore but different faculty.  He study bussiness administration while Joonmyeon study international relations. Their faculty are next to each other.  It’s only separated by campus canteen and student hall.

             Yifan know some of international relations students like Luhan and Baekyun. But he never know anything about Joonmyeon before. He regret it when Luhan said that he often has lunch with Joonmyeon.

           Luhan was the first friend he meet in this campus. Since they both international student, they have same mentor on first year. Helping them adapted in new environment. Luhan who had spend his summer holiday for korean language course a year before, help Yifan to improve his Korean. As in return Yifan help Luhan with english and sometime explain a difficult phrases in his  english text book.  They become a really good friend. Except for the part he forget to mention he has a friend named Joonmyeon. Luhan ignore Yifan’s complain why he never told about that adorable boy before.

            With Baekhyun Yifan be friend because his basket ball mate slash neighbour, Park Chanyeol.  They both study bussiness administration and Chanyeol has crush with Baekhyun  since high school. He’s the one who always drag him to walk passing international relations faculty just to sneak peek on Baekhyun. He companied Chanyeol sitting hours in campus canteen only to meet Baekhyun.  Most of international relations students having their meal there. When he’s alone, he prefer to eating in small faculty canteen which close to basket ball court.

            As exchange student who has a half scholarships which give him free tuition except  for living expense,Yifan has to divided his time between study and playing basket.  He has to  maintain B or C grade and playing really well for campus basket ball team. He get privilege not attend class on competition season.

            He let Chanyeol  drag him to  campus canteen again now. No, his not going to see Joonmyun, Yifan asure himself.

            “ Did you see him?” whisper Chanyeol.

            Who?”  Yifan answer in fidgetly. He wonder why he’s bit nervous.

            “ Baek!” whisper Chanyeol again with his  face almost touch Yifan face. He has to push Chanyeol from blocking his view.  “We promise to eat together.”

            Yifan rolled his eyes. He should know that his friend always has a hidden agenda; lunch with his two month boyfriend.  Yifan feel so stupid. He’s going to be a third wheel.

            “Come on! “ Chanyeol drag Yifan impatiently after saw  his favorite boy waving happily sitting near the window.

            “You go first. I’ll  catch up later,” Yifan said.         

            “ Are you going to order anything else?” Chanyeol look at Yifan tray that full with meal.

            “Um.. I’m going to order some dessert.”

            Chanyeol frown a little. Yifan is not the type who like a sweet thing but he shrug and walk toward his boyfriend.

            Yifan still  waiting for the dessert. His eyes scanning around the canteen and disappointed. 

            

                                                                                            

 

            Yifan tied his apron as slowly as he can. He can’t believe his luck when seeing Joonmyeon in the kitchen.  That boy chat with Luhan and Jongdae. His cute eyes turn in adorable cresent moon when hear Jongdae talk about how he trick Minseok with half burning bread. His hand holding a croissant and chewing between his laugh.

            “Oh Yifan, I didn’t see you,” Jongdae greeting him while he’s looking for baking tray.

            “I’m just arrive. Afternoon everyone, ” Yifan said with his eyes fixed to Joonmyeon.

            Joonmyeon give him subtle smile and bow a little. Yifan swear he see an angel smile to him. His chest almost explode with happiness.

            “Yeah, no need to be polite,” Luhan wave his hand.

            Yifan smack Luhan head.  “What are you laughing of ?” he now standing in front of  Joonmyeon.  That boy move farther from Yifan, almost hide behind Luhan back.

            “Just another story of my charm,” Jongdae said.

            Luhan and Joonmyeon chuckle.

            “Well, I ne- need back to front,” suddenly Joonmyeon clean a crumble in his apron. 

            “ But you’re shift almost done. Let Yifan do it,” Luhan said.

            “ It’s alright.  I still have five minute,” he said without look and walking to the door.

            Yifan wonder why every time, he come close to Joonmyeon that boy always avoid him.

           

                                                                                       

 

            Does he hate me? That question lingering Yifan all the time.  He’s been working for  three weeks but Joonmyeon never really talk to him.  He know he has this angry resting face that can scare people for the first time. But ever since he working as waiter he  make sure he smile widely.  Probably Joonmyeon dispise an average student like him?

            From Luhan, Yifan know that Joonmyeon is A straight student with fully scholarships. He’s a year younger than him but with his intelligent he able to finish high school faster than his peer. He not only intelligent but very hard working student who spend most of his day in library.

             It was an nice accident how Yifan knew Joonmyeon favorite spot in campus.  He happened to renew his overdue library card.  While waiting his new card being procced, he saw an innocent little boy standing in front a bookshelves with his hand  touch every  book  and walking slowly along the shelves.  His head slightly tilt to read every title and lips pout in concentration as if he need to find a very confidential document.  Yifan chucle of the thought junior high school student were doing a campus visit. A very determination kid. When in junior high school, Yifan hadn’t decided what campus he wold pick. 

            Yifan has to do a double check when the boy walk to the bookshelves  near him. It’s Joonmyeon. He look really tiny standing in front a big bookshelves. His hand cannot reach a book on top shelves.

            “Here you are,” Yifan hand easily reach the book.

            “ Th- Thank you,” Joonmyeon said and walk fastly with head looking down at the floor.

            Yifan nod in disappointed. He hope to start conversation but that boy walk so fast to the  door as if worried Yifan will kidnap him.

 

                                                                               

            

His suspicious proof today. They have a same shift. They talked once. More likely he the one that initiate the simple hello and Joonmyeon only answer with his angelic smile like usual.

             At first Yifan though Joonmyeon is a quite type. But he doesn’t mind chat with any customers. Asking how their study, give any suggestion about book, the best pastries and the beverage to pairing with or just talk about the wheater. He let people take picture with him. He even talk with a cat who accidently sneak to the kitchen. He give that lucky cat a gently and take the cat out the kitchen before Minseok yell to Jondae to lock a back door tightly.

            In the kitchen he can hear Joonmyeon talk to Minseouk and his melodious laugh echoing the room. As soon as he enter the kitchen, Joonmyeon busied himself in the sink.  On the other day, Joonmyeon greeted Yixing first and asked how his cough. He even made Yixing a hot warm honey water. ‘It help sooth your throat.’ Joonmyeon said.  Yifan wish that he had a bad cough too.

          He really wonder if he ever do something wrong without he aware of it.  And this is keep bugging him a lot. He really want to be friend with Joonmyeon.       

          “I’m  ready to order,” Baekhyun said.

            “ Oh, sure…”

            “ But, I don’t know which one are more delicious. This one, that one or other one?” he pointed the finger to picture of mille-feuilles,  crème brulee and croque-madame in teasing tone.

            “ Mille-feuilles and crème brullee is a sweet one but croque-madame is savoury. It depend which taste you like most.”

            Baekhyun nod with frown as if thinking really hard. “ Hm… still hard to decide,” he rub his chin.

            “Baek, come on…. “ Yifan almost lost his patient.

            “ Hey, I’m a customer in here.“

            Yifan thinking of slap Baekhyun head later on at the campus. He wait impatiently.  Corner of his eyes see Joonmyeon walk to the kitchen. Yifan wish he could say good bye or said something to Joonmyeon before their shift ended.

            “How about this one?” 

            Yifan explain another menu that Baekhyun pointing to him before he decided he not really  hungry and order a latte. Great!

            Yifan placed a cup of latte in Baekhyun table when Joonmyeon passing with  tray for other customer.

            “Myeooon!” Baekhyun almost screaming. Joonmyeon turn around and smile.  “You’re still going with me, right?”

            Joonmyeon nod and give him a tumb.

            “ Going some where?” Yifan asking as casual as possible.

            “ Why you want to know?”

            Yifan shrug nonchalantly. “ I’m just helping my mate  to keep an eye while he’s away.”

            “ God, Yifan, please, we’re not going to date or something. Myeon only help me with my assignment,” Baekhyun look panic. Althought he already tell Chanyeol before, he know how possessive his boyfriend is.

            “Baek, would you mind wait another ten minute. I need to help Yixing,” Joonmyeon ask. Much to Yifan surprise because Joonmyeon standing next to him. Too bad Joonmyeon not even glance to him. Yifan 200% persen sure now, Joonmyeon hate him!

            “ Take your time, Myeon. ”

            Yifan sigh heavily. Probably he sigh too loud until Baekhyun  notice it.

           “ If you wonder. Myeon still single.”

            “’Wh-what?”  

            “I know that look Wu Yifan!”

             “Don’t make any false assumption,” Yifan rolling his eyes and walk  to another customer who just arrive.

           

                                                         

                                                                                       

 

           

            “Do you think he hate me?” Yifan sip his coffee. He’s shift ended a hour ago. He has nothing to do at home  and Yixing promise to drop Yifan at his appartement since their home on the same route.

            Yixing look up from the computer and stare to Yifan. “Who hate you?”

            Yifan groan. He already talk non stop how Joonmyeon treat him. “Joonmyeon!”

            “I don’t think Myeon have capability to hate anyone. He’s too nice.”

            “He nice to everyone but me,” Yifan mumble.

            Yixing tilt his head. Thinking for a moment and said, “ He just shy.”

            “Yeah, right! ”

            “Trust me. He just shy, specially to guy he has crush on.”

            Yifan choke on his coffee.

 

-------------

 

      Hello every one. Thank you for reading my fic. And this is  the second chapter. Hope you enjoy it. Sorry for the grammar error.