Kiss me

You're my bright star

 

           Wu Yifan officially stepping into the life of Kim Joonmyeon. Just like that. Like there’s a certain huge magnet that draw them together. Joonmyeon let Yifan sit on the only arm chair in his studio apartement . It’s near a study table decorated with a pile books under the table, over the table and all over the place. There’s an air purifer box next to the study table . The only fancy thing in this room and also that’s the first thing Jonmyeon turn on when when he enter the room. Yifan  just notice that at night Joonmyeon sneeze a lot. He keep a handkercief in his pocket all the time. A cross the study table there’s a small bed. Yifan chuckle see an old animal stuff on the bed. Joonmyeon hide under the duvet immediately.

             Every things in Joonmyeon’s place are so small and compact. Yifan feel like a giant who enter to the kid’s play house. His hand easily reach the low ceiling. The kitchen is really narrow with one folded table stick to the wall. Yifan almost stuck between kitchen cabinet and wall when he want to help Joonmyeon open the delivery food.  Joonmyeon need to retreat back, before Yifan can move his body. They laugh in awkward.

            In between eating Jajangmyeon,  they’re  sharing a long chat. Yifan learn that Joonmyeon can’t stand a coffee or anything coffee-related because it make him dizzy. ‘I drink it only on exam days to keep me awake all night. Only a very light coffee with a creamer.’  He prefer water because it keep him hydrated and reduce his dizzyness. His favorit beverage is hot chocolate with a lot, a lot of marshmallow.  The pink and white marshmalow pile up in his cup. He has to holding the cup carefully  so none of the marshmalow fall.  It’s completely opposite with Yifan. His brain can’t work properly without coffee. Americano and esspreso is his favorite.  At least he need two cup every day. Surprisely, he has a sachets of instant coffee in the kitchen. ‘ Luhan give me and I don’t know why I have threw it away. I know it will be useful some day’ he said and ask what Yifan’s favorite coffee brand. With smile Joonmyeon said he will keep that brand in his kitchen.

           

 

                                                                                       

 

            Then the next visit are arranged. It begin when Yifan complains that his paper assignment got C again. Although he pretty confident with the material. The professor warning about his awful grammar. He will fail the subject if another paper still no progress. Most international student still allow make mistake on first year. As sophomore, they’re expected to improve and no more grammar mistake.  

            When it come to foreign language, Yifan is more natural speaker and not give much a bother about proper grammar. He grown up in different countries that make him easy to adapt with local language.  His basket ball team mostly Korean and they really help him to speak Korean confidently and teach him a slang  as well. Writing and proper grammar just another case. It take a way longer to master it.  Specially  Korean that completely different with english, the language he master most.

            Joonmyeon read all Yifan papers. He agree, Yifan’s papers was good but he keep mess up when it come to long Korean sentence structure which completely opossite with English sentence structure.  He offer to help and polished the grammar for next paper assignment.

            Yifan knock a Joonmyeon’s apartement in giddy.

           “Yifan, what are you doing here!” Joonmyeon shrieks in surprise when open the door.  

           “I thought you want to help me with the paper.”

            “Yes, but we promise to study at seven!“

           Yifan put both his hands in his jeans pocket and grin,” Oh, really?  I though you said at five o’clock.”  He lied.  He just can’t wait until seven o’ clock. After the basket ball practice, he usually hang out with their team mate but today he can’t wait to go to Joonmyeon’s place.

           “ No! At seven! ” Joonmyeon protest.

           He still in preparing a meal. He’s been thinking over it for days. Yifan are really nice  made him a sandwich and take him to the home. He want to return his kindness.     With help of menu suggestions from Jongdae and borrowing a coffee brewing tools and other utensil from Minseok, he’s going make something special.  Since he has zero cooking ability, it’s took forever  to make a simple meal  like toast sandwich, mixed salad, orange juice  and Americano.  So far he only manage to grind the coffee’s  bean and cut the fruits.

           “I smeel something burn, “ Yifan peek to  the inside.

           “Oh my God!” Joonmyeon run to the kitchen. Smoke fills the room and he cough heavily.

          Yifan lift the pan with a burning toast  to the sink. A loud hiss are fills the room.  Joonmyeon open the window to get rid the smoke.

           “Did you just cook?” Yifan looked around. All the room look messy.  There’s a egg shell on the floor.  Box of chicken fillet half open. Letuce, tomato, avocado, cucumber cut in different size and some ended up in the floor.  A coffee grind, coffee drip, coffee bean bag and a half  loaf of bread on the table.

          “ Actually I want to make a toast sandwich because you like a sandwich,” Joonmyeon said sadly. That the second toast he burn.

          Yifan pat Joonmyeon head. “Joon, you don’t have to.”

          “I just… “ Joonmyeon feel like an idiot. He should had order chinese take away or pizza.  He really want to make special and probably make a good impression to Yifan.  

          Yifan look around the kitchen.  “Let me do the food and you prepare the drink, okay!” 

             Joonmyeon want to protest but Yifan shush him from the stove. Yifan take off his jacket and start preparing the toast sandwich.   He get rid the burning toast, clean the pan and put a new bread in pan. “ If you want to make a toast, use very small fire okay.”

            Yifan indeed a sandwich’s master. His toast are in perfect golden brown. He made a chicken toast sandwich and egg sandwich. He cut in two all the sandwich toast on the table.  Then he cut all the vegetable, put in big bowl and mixed with the dressing.  In the mean time, Joonmyeon prepare a hot coffee and squeeze an orange juice. Dinner plus study can’t be more perfect than this!

           “Want some more coffee?” Joonmyeon offer Yifan.

           “No thanks. I almost drink half of your coffee, I think I just need a water,” he said.

           “ It’s alright. I prepare it for you. I don’t drink a coffee,“ Joonmyeon walk to the refridgerator and pour a glass of water for Yifan and himself.  Yifan’s eyes can’t help see Joonmyeon’s adam apple moving when he’s drinking. There’s  a drop of water on the lips and  Joonmyeon it. His pinky tongue peek out a little. Yifan glup. He wonder how to taste that luscious lips.

            Joonmyeon put glass and begin to read  Yifan’s paper . Using a pencil he correct every sentence Yifan has been made. Sometimes he think hard. His lips form a cute pout. Again, Yifan can’t help to see his strawberry lips. Now Joonmyeon bit his bottom lips.

            “Yifan… fan!”  Joonmyeon knocked Yifan’s arm with his pencil.

            “Oh yeah… what?”

            Joonmyeon rolling his eyes. “ I’m asking about this sentence. Can you explain a little? What are you trying to say? This is too confusing.”

            Yifan rub both his hand. Concentrate a lot to get rid the thought of kissing Joomyeon. He explain what he want to write and Joonmyeon listen carefully with a head slightly frow. He thinking hard and reading Yifan’s paper again.

            Yifan feel his heart beat so fast.  Joonmyeon really adorable with his casual dress. He’s wearing grey sweat pants that hanging loose in his waist. His white sock peeking a little under the edge of the pants that swept the floor because it too big. On top he wearing old sweater that he rolled up until the elbow. Yifan bet it belong to him for long time since there’s some hole here and there. His serious expression making him cuter and Yifan want to pinch his cheek.   His finger curled between the pencil. Joonmyeon’s hand look so smooth with some  prominent vein along the arm. He just wanted to hold them in his hands.  Now his eyes lingered on Joonmyeon’s eyes, down to the nose and lips. Yifan pressed his lips and glup. He could not concentrate at all.

            “ Some thing wrong?” Joonmyeon look up.

            “Uh… no,” Yifan try to look to the other side. Feeling so embarrassed being caught.

     

                                                                                   

 

            Joonmyeon is really a good teacher. He explain all the Korean sentence structure  in very easy way more than any  tutor. All his paper look like written by some profesional. Yifan can’t be happier.  

            “Done!” Yifan almost screaming when typing the last word and saving all his file.

             “Let me see,” Jooonmyeon scooch to the laptop in front of  Yifan.

            They knee  accidently brush slightly. Joonmyeon’s head right under the Yifan’s chin.  The scent of mint shampoo rush into Yifan’s nose and give him a tingle sensation. The thought to taste that luscious lips come again. 

            “You doing great, Yifan. This is good,” Joonmyeon turn his head to Yifan and nod like a proud teacher. 

            Yifan grin widely and place his hand on the knee until his body lean closer to Joonmyeon.  “ Did I make any mistake?”

            Jm shake his head. He almost breathless.  Yifan’s face are so close with him, he can smeel his cologne. His y long neck and protruding  collarbone peeking from the t’shirt. His bicep not too big like body builder, just enough amouth of muscle that make him so y and masculine.  Joonmyeon imagine to touch it.

There’s a moment of silent. Slowly Yifan touch a Joonmyeon’s chin. Naturally Joonmyeon lean forward until their forehead touching together. He can feel warm breath of Yifan.  Joonmyeon closed his eyes. Ready to feel something on his lips.         

         Then….

            A bell ring shocked both of them. Joonmyeon cough a little. Yifan rub his nape in awkward. 

            Joonmyeon walk to the door. Cursing internally. Wonder, who it will be in this late hour.

            “Your pizza order,” A big guy holding a big box of pizza.

            “We’re not order anything.”

            “ Is this unit  10- 24?”

            “No, this is  unit 10-27.  That’s   across the stairs,” Joonmyeon said. Most the plate number on the doors are fade away. The numbering system in this old building bit confusing too. People keep messing up and have a hard time to find the right unit.

            Yifan look at the watch. It’s over ten o’clock at night. As much  as he want to stay but he will miss the last bus.  He can’t wait his car being repair so he able go home as late as he want.

            “Look, I have to go,” Yifan put his laptop and paper work  into the bag. 

            “Yeah it’s really late,” Joonmyeon said. He still feel his face burning.  He can’t help thinking about Yifan’s neck and his full y lips.  

  

  

                                                                                   

 

 

          He walks Yifan to  the elevator. They standing side by side waiting for the elevator. Both hand brushing each other. Absently Yifan squeeze Joonmyeon’s hand gently.  Joonmyeon  look down to the floor but he squeeze back  Yifan’s  hand. Slowly Yifan wiggling the fingers until interlace perfectly with Joonmyeon’s tiny fingers.

            Then the elevator open.  

            “Take care, okay,” Joonmyeon still not letting go Yifan’s hand. 

            You too, Joon.”

            Their hand still interlaced until  the elevator half closed. Yifan seriously can’t help himself. He’s not ready to let Joonmyeon go. Okay, now or never.  And without much thinking, he pull Joonmyeon to his embrace  and press his lips against  Joonmyeon’s  strawberry soft lips. Joonmyeon tense a little but slowly he place his hands on Yifan’s waist. Yifan cup Joonmyeon face to to deepen a kiss.  Slowly he pulled away. 

            Yifan  feel his face turn  red. Joonmyeon hiding his face with both hand. His heart beat faster. He never though he could be that spontaneous but Yifan’s lips so addictive and he just can stop to touch Yifan’s lips with his lips. 

“Joon, are you alrigh?”  Yifan whisper. 

           Joonmyeon nod and look up with timid smile. Yifan reach both Joonmyeon’s hand which bit shaking. He hold it tightly with loving gaze. Again, he lean forward, tilting his head and taste  Joonmyeon’s sweet lips.  God, he can do this all the time. This time Joonmyeon part his lips and let tip of their tongue meet.

            Suddenly the elevator open.  Yifan and Joonmyeon  stop the kiss abruply. A lady walk in to the elevator.  They walk out from the elevator with a head down.  For a moment they look around in confuse. They can see a Joonmyeon’s apartement from a distant. They still in 10th floor.

            “ I think you forgot to push the button, Fan,” Joonmyeon said.  

 

------ 

         I have so much fun writing this chapter. Thanks  you again for your lovely comments.  Still more romantic thing will be come. Enjoy the story :))))