Can we become official?

You're my bright star

 

            Yifan put the suitcase in his living room. He cursing himself for extended his holiday until a week.  His mother and auntie really need his help to setting all the new computer and internet connection  in their home.  He has to contact a internet service customer service several time and make sure they do a service properly. If  he manage his time better, he should have been back to Seoul earlier.  Class already began but that’s not he worried about.  It’s Joonmyeon.

            He dial a phone and walking around the room in anxiety.  Again, the phone number he looking for is out of reach.  ‘Joon, where are you?’  Yifan worried almost to the point of insane.   

             Since in China he can’t contact  Joonmyeon.  The last contact happened when they do the skype on the first day Yifan arrived in Guangzhou. They had a long chat and Joonmyeon look bit off and rather pale.  It’s like something on his mind but Yifan can’t figure it out. As usual Joonmyeon always said he’s fine .

            Then Joonmyeon asked about his flight and how Guangzhou  look like.  Yifan walking around in his room and to the  window  with his laptop on his hand. He want to show Joonmyeon the city’s  view.   He talk non stop about  his childhood he spend in this city before he moved to Vancouver. 

            Joonmyeon mention a little about his elementary school time. Where he playing football once and gave it up on the first try.  Jokingly he said that the ball was  too big for his feet. Yifan laughing so hard the way Joonmyeon explained  it because his face ballooned with widen eyes to show how big the ball was.  That’s the longest and only chat they had.  Yifan said he probably off for two days  because his phone can’t do international call. He and his mother going to go to Guangzhou’s remote area and not sure he able to contact Joonmyeon.  He promise as soon as back to the city he will contact him. 

            After he back to the city, he can’t contact Joonmyeon at all.  He’s  not reply the phone or email.  The weird thing is  Minseouk or Luhan only give him a vague answer about Joonmyeon on phone.

            “Hi, Dae, where are you?” Yifan desperately asked.

            “ In the kitchen. Are you in Seoul? ”

            “Have you see Joonmyeon?  I try to contact him but he’s not answer. “

            ‘He’s been off  since three days ago. I don’t know where is he. Probably study  in library.”

            “Library?  But the class just about to begin we  don’t have any assigment yet!”

            Jongdae laugh. “ He even go to the library on holiday, hyung. But  yeah, I’m not sure either. He usually stopped  by  even when not on working shift.  You better check Minseouk hyung. He always know about Myeon.”

            Talking with Minseouk  is another  problem. If someone complain  the struggle with your lover’s parent, he understand now. That’s exactly what Yifan feeling about Minseok.  The way he protected Joonmyeon like mother hen protect the eggs.  It’s always  scares him. 

           

 

                                                                                        

 

            Yifan try talk to Luhan. As a good friend, Luhan is more easy to approach. Too bad not this time. He walk so fast when Yifan called him in the campus  hallway as a way to avoid him.

            “Don’t you dare avoiding me!” Yifan almost grab Luhan collar.

            “I’m  late for my class,” he said sheepishly.

            “Well, I don’t care.  Where’s Joon?”

            “Wh- why  you asking me? You’re  the one who going out  with him!”

            Yifan sight in frustation and release his hand from Luhan.  He slung himself  on the concrete bench and take a deep breath.  “I trying to called him. Email him but he’s not reply. I’m really worried.”

            Luhan pat Yifan shoulder in sympaty. “Sorry to hear that.”

            Yifan look in messy.  His eyes in blood shot. Strands of his hair fall near forehand in sweat. His t’shirt only half tuck in jeans. 

            “ Please, Lu tell me what’s happened with Joon. I know you knew. Pleaseee.” Yifan bowing with both hand claps in front him.

            Luhan glup. He rarely see his friend look so miserable and desperate.  Sometimes he hate himself for being so weak in front Minseok.  Never argue when his boyfriend made  him to keep his mouth shut when it come about Joonmyeon’s  problem. He really ichy to tell Yifan everything.  Maybe he can make an exception today.

            “ Oh well, what the heck!” Luhan ruffle his own hair.   “ Actually Myeon is in hospital. He called Minnie at the mid night and we bring him to emergency room. He asked Minnie not to tell anyone, ” he said. “ Don’t worry  Minnie take care every thing!” he add quickly.

            Yifan stand up and walking so fast, almost run to the parking lot. Before he hear Luhan yell the hospital’s  name.  

 

 

                                                                                          

 

               Yifan stood in silent near the door.  He saw nurse put a tape over the neddle in Joonmyeon's  left arm. There’s an IV bag hangging over the bed side. Joonmyeon laying  down with his arm on his eyes to prevent  from a light. Nurse close the window blinding  and turn off the lamp. The only light is from a hallway but but it’s clear enough for him to see Joonmyeon.

               “Are you Mr  Kim relatives?” she asked

              “I’ m his close  friend,” Yifan said.

              “ Good. Please keep Mr  Kim  to lay down and don’t let him reading or watching anyting.” 

            He walk  in and knock  slowly. “ Joon… “

            Joonmyeon lift his arm a little. He looked shock and try to sit up.

           Yifan rush to the bed side. ” No. Nurse said you  have to lay down.”

           Yifan’s hand is gentle but really strong. Joonmyeon have no strength to resist.          

          “How did you know I’m sick?”

           “I made Luhan to tell where you are. Don’t mad to him, okay because I’m really worried, Joon,” Yifan said.

            “Actually I just a having stomach upset. Sorry to make you worried. But it’s nothing serious.”

          “Don’t be sorry.” Yifan absently caresses Joonmyeon’s hand.

 

                   

                                                                                 

 

             Yifan thought he know Joonmyeon quite well but actually he still a mistery for him. Joonmyeon  could be this bubbly kid, adorable and tell him everything about his dream, study, friends or his favorites. But at the same time he completely shut himself off  like now.  

            Yifan still can’t figure out about his sneezing habit.  He has a suspect, it must have something to do with allergic or asthma.  At nigh  nurse put the  humidifier.  Once Yifan asked, she said for help the patient breath easily in sleeping. His mother has asthma and the sympton is bit similar too. When  Joonmyeon slept he try to hear his breathing, it didn’t sound like person with asthma.   

            And now, he said about stomach upset. Yifan had a feeling it’s more than stomach upset.  Doctor  refuse to tell him any detail since he has no family relation  and he not on Joonmyeon's  emergency contact list.

            Joonmyeon  has to lay down all the time. Once he  tried to sit up, he dizzy and vomit instantly.  His eyes sensitive to a ligth too. The window keep on blind and room in dim light. Doctor warning him not to read or watching the television.  He refuse to eat because  make him nause too. After Yifan  persuade him with a lot of hug and kiss, Joomyeon eat a soup. But Yifan have to feed him. When Joonmyeon  do it on his own, he never finish it. 

            “This is the  last one,” Yifan said.

            “You said that for the last three time,” Joonmyeon  turn his head away.

            “No, I promise this is really really the last time,” Yifan push a spoon near Joonmyeon mouth. The tip of spoon almost reach between the lips. Joonmyeon stubbornly refuse but Yifan make a sound like someone knocked the door  with a sad expression. Joonmyeon smile a little and Yifan succesfully push a spoon little more to his mouth. Joonmyeon have no other option but open the mouth and swallow it.

            Yifan smile widely and reward him a kiss in both cheek.  

            He placed a bowl in table with his right hand holding  Joonmyeon’s.

           Joonmyeon rather clingy today. He asked Yifan sit on the bed and want  to be hug. He lay his head on Yifan’s chest while sleeping with hands clucthing to Yifan t’shirt. Not that Yifan mind but it make him worried. It’s kind of a sign.  When Joonmyeon turn into quiet, clingy and ask a lot of hug there’s  must be something  really bothering but he won’t say it loud.  Yifan sure it’s because  the pain became unberable.   Joonmyeon getting paler every day and his body like shrinking. He can feel his rib cage too when lift Joonmyeon on his lap.

            Yifan wonder what sickness Joonmyeon has. No matter how many time he tried to ask, the only respon Joonmeon give is  ‘ I have weak stomach since kid.’ ‘ I’m sensitif to night  weather’

 

 

                                                                                  

 

            Joonmyeon playing with rubic cube that Yifan bring. Yifan sit beside him and caressed his head. Althought Joonmyeon never said it, Yifan can see a sad eyes from Joonmyeon.  Specially today when some parent who want a visit their son accidentally come to the room.  For the first time he saw Joonmyeon’s  watery  eyes. That’s make  Yifan wonder where Joonmyeon’s  parent or his family. He has no heart to ask it.

           Yifan just can’t bear see him sad.  His tiny body seem burden too many secret.  Yifan hope Joonmyeon willing to share it with him. He want to protect Joonmyeon all the time.

         Yifan embrace himself and said, “Joonmyeon  I know this is not the right place, but I want us to be official.”

            Joonmyeon open his mouth a little. He look up to Yifan and blinks  several  time.

             Yifan  hold his breath. He not ready for rejection.

              “ Ca-can you said again, please?”

             “Um, I- I  want us to-be  of- oficial,” Yifan said really slowly. Joonmyeon expression still confused  him. He grin awkward and added quickly,  “But, no presurre okay, you don’t have to answer it right the way. And if you don’t  want, it’s completely fine too. We can be fr- “

            Then suddenly something sweet and soft  touch his lips.  “ That’s my answer,” Joonmyeon said and blushed. He turn his back faced the wall.

             Yifan brain frezzed a second before he know  what just happened.

            “ Is that mean you’re my boyfriend now?”  Yifan hug  Joonmyeon’s shoulder. Their cheek touch each other. Joonmyeon nod. But he’s not dare to see Yifan.  It’s just too embarrassed.

          Yifan chuckle and kiss Joonmyeon’s pinky cheek.  “I love you, Joon.”

            Slowly Joonmyeon turn his back  and said,  “I love you too,Fan.”  

 

 

                                                                                    

 

            Joonmyeon  condition getting worse. There’s some a complication of the medicine. Now the doctor give  him  another medication. So far his body response positive. But it’s really affect his appetite. No matter how many times Yifan hug and shower him a kiss, Joonmyeon refuse to eat. He got problem with breathing too. Seeing Joonmyeon laying in bed  helplessly make Yifan heart like being stab thousands time.  

            Yifan  never leave his bed side.  He wipes a sweat in Joonmyeon’s forehead and kiss his head. He placed Joonmyeon’s head in his chest gingerly. Quietly said sorry when he see Joonmyeon frown a little and called his mom in his sleep too. 

            “It’s alright.  It’s alright.  I’m here, Joon,” again Yifan  caressed  Joonmyeon’s  back. Now he hug Joonmyeon tight but not too tight because he’s worried it will cause his boyfriend a pain.    

              The worst part already passed and now Joonmyeon in his deep sleep. Doctor gave  him a strong sedative. Yifan kiss a Joonmyeon’s  hand where the needle of the IV is placed. It’s look tinier than ever and it’s bit reddish.  Really contrast with his porcelain skin. Nurse just change with  new IV bag and there’s  a tube in his nose.

               Earlier morning Joonmyeon keep vomiting. His stomach refuse any food, even a small portion soup make him vomit non stop and it’s really drain his energy.  Doctor decide to use nose tube for liquid food enter his body. 

            Joonmyeon is such a strong guy. He never shed a single tear althought Yifan know how much he endure the  pain every time  he vomit. His face turn as pale as ghost and he bite his bottom lips really hard to prevent  from crying until Yifan said it’s okay to cry if it make thing bearable. Joonmyeon  let a little sob when nurse  insert the tube to his nose. His hand grip Yifan’s  hand so tight until his knuckle turn white. Tears in corner of eyes slowly  flowing. Yifan caresees his back while Joonmyeon crying on his chest until he fall asleep.  

            Door open quietly. Two heads pop up behind the door. Luhan and Minseok.

           Yifan give him a signal to come. They walk slowly.

            “ How he’s condition?” ask Minseouk touch Joonmyeon’s head. Luhan put a flower ,card and ballon in the table.  

            “ He stable but doctor said we have to wait until 24 hours,” Yifan said. He’s move a little and slowly put Joonmyeon’s  head in pillow. Pull up the blanket until it cover his chest. His  sleep’s expression  not as painful as before. The breathing sound smoother now.

            “ Let’s pray for the best,” Luhan said.

            “ We try come as fast as possible when doctor call,” Minseouk  said.

            “The doctor  call you?” Yifan surprise.  

            “Yeah, doctor  keep me  updating  about Joonmyeon condition. Joonmyeon put my name on his emergency contact.”

            “ How about his parent? How come they never visit him?”

            Luhan and Minseok  look at each other in worries.

            “He still has a parent isnt’ he?” Yifan remember all the conversation he had with Joonmyeon.  He just realized   Joonmyeon never mention any single information about his parent. 

            “Yeah. He is.  The things is…  well, his relationship with his parent is not really good,” Minseok said.

           Yifan widen his eyes in shock.

 

--------

             I put some angst  part in the story, because it's as important as romantic thing.  But I won't  make too much. Enjoy the story. Sorry for grammar  error. And thank you for reading. Comment alwasy welcome :)))