Unhappy

You're my bright star

          

          Lately Yifan have a habit  of walking aimlessly. 

           Suddenly he feel his head touch something cold and hard!  He rub the forehead and look around. He hit the glass window.

            “Can I help you? “    

            “Um….” Yifan look around again try to see where exacly he is. He just realize he’s in student administration building.  He actually just followed  Joonmyeon but then that boy just disappear in one of the door. Then he  lost his track.

            “ Can I help you?,” asked the lady who standing near the door. There’s a  student admistration plated on its door.  “Hey, I remember you. You’re came here with Mr Kim from International relatioships right?  Aren’t  you  Mr Wu Yifan? “            

             She definitely remember this tall handsome guy who every students, lecturers and administator officers keep talking about.  Yifan is really famous in this college.

            “Yes, mam. That’s me,” Yifan answer polite with a bow a little.

            “ If you want to register for dorm room, you’re too late. It’s full.  Try the next semester,” she said.

            Her hand  seaching  some paper in box in the table  and handed to Yifan. “ This is the regulation. Read first or you can consult with the international  student tutor. ”

            “Oh okay. Um, may I ask who got the dorm room?”

            She laughed and shake the head. “ Oh dear, many students got it. I can’t remember every name. But, if you ask about Mr Kim, he haven’t got the room.“          

            Yifan look surprise. He thought that  Joonmyeon  register earlier than anyone, he should get one.  Considering how  optimistic  Joonmyeon back then.

            “Too bad. I feel sorry for him too. He got it, but at the last minute dean of student, gave  his place to a new freshman  from Chungju, a small city.  Out of city students always be first priorities. Especially fresh student from small city. “

            Yifan nod. Suddenly he feel really sad.

             “ I know you’re an  international student. I guess you’re chance to get a dorm room next semester are pretty big.”

            “I see. So, do you think Seoul resident can’t get a dorm room?”

            She laughing in awkward.  “ It didn’t mean that way. But, the change not as big as out of city or international student.  We think Seoul student pretty lucky. They still can lives with  their parent and feel a warm love from their parent’s  house. “

            Yeah,  but not Joonmyeon,Yifan said to himself.

            Yifan excuse himself  and say thank you. He walking aimlessly around the campus again. His eyes still wandering looking for his favorite bunny.  He keep walking around and then he saw Joonmyeon sit in under the tree, crossed legs with book in his lap. He’s reading with shoulder moving up and down as if trying  to hold up all the sadness.   His hand ruffle his hair many time. His expression look really upset. 

            Yifan exhale in heavy breath. His self-restaint almost crumbles. He really want to hug and give Joonmyeon a comforting words but he hold himself. He  still and always  love Joonmyeon.  He  know, once he hug and talk to him again, his love is going deeper. At the same time he still not sure whether Joonmyeon have a same love as big as him?  He hate to think that this is only one side love.  He didn’t want to be in relationship which not on equal size of love. His mother experienced  teach him that. So, he better learn how to refrain himself from Joonmyeon. Which is he know it’s really really hard.   

 

 

            Joonmyeon  finish all the water from his tumbler and wipe his runny nose.  He’s  trying to concentrate on his book but his chest feel so heavy.  His mind isn’t  work so well. He still thinking  how he will survive for the next semester.  His saving almost not enough.  Maybe he should take a Minseouk offers to stay at his place. The problem is Minseouk’s house is far in the  downtown. It definitely cost more.  Again, Joonmyeon ruffle his own hair in frustation. Probably he has to find an extra part time job. He saw an advertisement   that 24 hour convenience  store which  need  staff for midnight to morning shift.  He should try to apply.

            His phone vibrating. His mother. He know she  will persuade him again to come to the anniversary party.  His eyes  see a J&Y's  keychain  dangling near his fingers.  ‘ Just endure a little bit, Joon,’  Yifan’s voice echoing in his ears. 

            Joonmyeon pick up the phone.

            “Nae,umma. Yes, I will come,” Joonmyeon finally answer his mother.  He can hear his mother a laugh in  relief.

            “ Okay.  I’ll be there early  in the morning.  No, no need to pick me up.  I’ll be fine. Bye.”

            He holding  the phone and moving a little until the J&Y's keychain swinging . He laugh  a little. He remembered  how Yifan put the  keychain in his phone.  Those was a happy time. He really missed his favorite dragon.  

           

 

 

             Jongdae  give Joonmyeon a second croissant. He watch his hyung eat with concern. He never seen Joonmyeon eating so fast.  The weird thing is Joonmyeon keep chewing with tear in his cheek. His face full of crumbles because his hand holding a croissant  and wiping the tear at the same time.

            “Hyung, what’s happenend,” Jongdae asked carefully.

            Joonmyeon shake his head. He's walking to the table near the oven and  take another leftover bread.  He eat again in between his crying.  His shoulder up and down for holding the tear soo much.

               “Hyung… tell me. What’s wrong. You make me scare,” Jongdae asked again.  He still doesn’t understand what happened. He bet it must be really awful happened. Joonmyeon never like this before.

            The shop about to close when Joonmyeon knocked the back door. Jongdae quite surprise when he’s opened the door. There’s stood Joonmyeon dressed  like someone who  run away from wedding ceremony. He’s wearing  black suit, bow tie and polished  pantofel shoes. His hair pull back in neat.  Joonmyeon looks extremely handsome. All the passer by did a double checked when they  saw most handsome guy walking so fast from bus shelter to the shop.  

The first word came  from Joonmyoen’s  mouth when Jongdae open the back  door were,” Do you still have left over croissant?”

          He's crying and ate  like that.

            Jongdae scratch  his head in confused. He patted Joonmyeon’s hand several time. He really doesn’t know what to do in this weird situation.

           “Dae, let me handle this,” Minseok come from the front. The shop already closed.  

          “But… “

         “Just go home, okay,”Minseok take a Jongdae’s  jacket and walked him to the back door. “I ‘ll  tell you later,” he whispers and pat his shoulder.

          Jongdae nod. He take a long breath. He hope Yifan was there to help his hyung.

           “ Bye, Myeonmyeon hyung. Take care,” Jongdae  shout  from the door.

            Minseok take a bread from Joonmyeon’s  hand and give him a glass of water.

           Joonmyeon drink in silent and begin to calm down. He still  in hiccup and wipe his tear from his face. He sneeze many time until his nose turned into red and hard to breath.

Minseok caresses Joonmyeon’s back gently.

           “I-  I- sh-shouldn’t have  co-come. I kn-knew I sho-shouldn’t come,” Joonmyeon finally said a words.

         He hiccup and snort his runny nose.

           “Myeon,” Minseok hug him.

           “I- I trying to be a go- good  fu-ck-ing so-  son.  Really, I’m trying,” he said and wipe his runny nose.  

          “Did you fight again with your father?”

          Joonmyeon shake his head slowly.

          “With your brother? Your mother?”

          Again, he shake his head.   

          “ I just stood there. I do every thing they said. Be nice, be polite and greeting anyone but that’s not enough. On his speech my dad asked  my brother to stand next to him.  He said my brother will be the successor of  family tradition as architecture.  Actually, I don’t care. I knew already but…  but then he said, he ho-  hope  I will fo- followed soon. “ Joonmyeon start to sob again.

      “Oooh Myeon. I’m sorry.”

      “ I didn’t  object his words. I  didn’t  say anything  but my dad keep insulting me. Make fun of my study in front of his colleague. A-  and every bo- body laughing.    I ju-   just can’t ta- take it any- anymore,” Joonmyeon’s crying. Tear start flowing again.

         After they  have a family picture taken together in front all the guess, Joonmyeon  can’t bear  anymore. He excused  himself to the rest room. Then he decided  to leave the party. He wandering around in the street before took a bus.

            “I’m sorry to hear that, Myeon,” Minseok hugs Joonmyeon really tight. He regret  why he didn’t check the anniversary date. He already promise to go with Joonmyeon but since he knew Yifan would go with him, Minseok dropped it.  Too bad they have a big fight before the anniversary . Joonmyeon has to dealing  all by himself.

            “Tonight, you stay in my place, okay. You can’t go home alone like this. “

            Joonmyeon nod. He never been feel so tired before.

 

 

 

           Joonmyeon’s eyes still  puffy when he wake up. Minseok made him a hot chocolate with a lot of marshmallow and  bake him muffin.  

            Joonmyeon  eat in silence. He haven’t  had proper meal since yesterday.  He already on the party’s  place since yesterday morning. He help his mom checking up all the preparation. During the celebration, althought there’s a lot  of  yummy food in the party, he had no appettite to eat it.  Now his stomach bit painful.

         “Did my mom call you?”

          Minseok think for a moment.  Last night at very late hours, Joonmyeon’s mother called him in panic. Minseok tell her that Joonmyeon stay at night with him but he refuse to let her talk to him. He feel so mad on how Joonmyeon being treat.

            “She did and I told auntie, you already sleep. Do you want to call her?”
            Joonmyeon shook his head quickly.

            “If she called again, what do you want me to say?”

            “Dunno. Up to you.”  

            Minseok take a long breath. He know, Joonmyeon keep tellling that he won’t contact his mother. But  Joonmyeon is such sweet  boy, he still contact his mother once and a while.  Now, he’s not sure when Joonmyeon will call his mother again, considering how really  hurt he now.  Actually Minseok  upset too. Maybe he won’t  pick up her’s phone as well in the time being.

            “I’m going to the shop. Are you wanna come or staying here? ” Minseok asked.

            “I have class at  12 o’clock.  I probably stay a little bit.”

            “ Don’t you wanna take a day off?   You need a rest a little.“

            Joonmyeon  shake his head. “ No I’m fine. I don’t wanna skip a ing  class. I need to finish my  ing study as soon as possible  and get out from this ing place!”

            Minseok  open his mouth in shocked. Joonmyeon never swear that much before.   

            “Myeon.  I know  your parent not support  you, but you still have a friend who supports you.  You have me,Luhan, Jongdae, Yixing  and Yifan. We all love and support you.”

            Joonmyeon’s eyes watery when Minseok  mention a Yifan name.

            Minseok  pulled  the chair and sitting next to his dongsaeng.

            “Are you two breaking up?”  Minseok  asked  cautiously.

             Joonmyeon in silent.  Absently his fingers touch a keychain on the phone in the table. It’s always calm him a little bit.

            Minseouk see the keychain and smile. He remember  when he met Yifan yesterday, that boy  still have the same keychain hanging  in his phone. He has to make Joonmyeon and Yifan back together again.  

            “Look Myeon, I know you’ve not easy to open to people.  I understand your fear too.  But I think Yifan  is really different. He really love you and really devoted all his time to make you happy. He take care of you without asking much question. He always worried and care about you. He keep asking me about your sickness but I don’t have right to tell him because that’s your life. I think you owned an explaination to him.”

            Joonmyeon  speechless.  Yeah, he must admid he’s not easy close with other people. But it’s really suprising how he instantly draw to Yifan.  He giving his heart so easly to Yifan.  But not entirely tell him the truth.

            “ Put yourself in his shoes. What if someone you love not telling the truth, meanwhile you already being honest with him?  It’s important to have open and  honest relationship. it can’t be one side. Yifan already done his part. You have to. ”

              Joonmyeon  baffle. He never really thought of it. Yifan already take care of him, tell him  how much he loves every time. Yifan give all his heart. But he haven’t done much for Yifan.

            “I- I just afraid, what if he know everything he wil-….”

            Joonmyeon look up to the ceiling, prevent a tear to flow. He doesn’t  want to cry again. Thinking on how Yifan ignores him,  it’s  just really hurt.

            “ If that a case  then he not deserve you. But, I’m pretty sure Yifan not like that. He really love you with his heart. I can see it,” Minseok said.

            Joonmyeon snort his runny nose.  Minseok take a tissue and help Joonmyeon wipe his nose.

            “ Have you take your vitamin?”

            “ I didn’t bringt it with me.“

            Minseok shake Joonmyeon’s head slowly. “ You should bring it every where you go.”

            “Well, I’m not planning sleeping here,“ Joonmyeon pout.  “I’ll be stop by at my apartement before class. “

            “Good. The wheater is still not good today. I don’t want  you get sick again.”

            “Sure, mum!”

            Minseok rolled  his eyes. “ I have to go.  Bye,Myeon. And try talk to Yifan okay. He’s really worth to fight for.”

            Joonmyeon nod slowly.  

 

                                                     

            After class Joonmyeon already make up his mind. He need to talk and confess everything to Yifan. He will take the risk. Probably Yifan will leaving him, but probably not.   

            He walk to the basket ball court. Every afternoon his boyfriend  always practice.

            Joonmyeon sit on the bench with  his eyes wandering to the court. He can’t see his favorite tall guy. Until the practise over, still no Yifan in sight.

            “Hi, Myeon. What’s up?”  Chaenyol greeted him.

            “Um.. did you see Yifan?”

            Chaenyol shake his head while drinking his mineral water.

            “Isn’t  ou have practise day today?”

            “Well, yeah. But today he said he’s not feeling really well. He  skip the last class too.”

            Joonmyeon shocked. Yifan rarely skipped  the practise. He really love basket ball.  “Is he sick?”

            “I’m  not sure. He looks  reallly  grumpy lately and in bad mood.  Are you two  breaking up?

            “No!” Joonmyeon reply really quick.

              Why every one assuming their  breaking up?  Is the world really know that they have a big fight? Can a couple doing a little break?

            Chanyeol sheepishly  smile. “ Ow, sorry.  But  you two always together and lately it just weids seeing  two of you’re walking  in separate way. I though just…   Well, Yifan’s  mood really up and down too. Please do something, Myeon.”

 

      -------------

          I'm no really satisfied with this chapter but I hope you really like it. One more chapter to go. Sorry for the grammar error. And enjoy this chapter.