One fine saturday

You're my bright star

          

        Jongdae doing  a double check when Joonmyeon put his backpack on the locker.  His hyung look different. He’s wearing a black snapback backward, blue checkered shirt and dark blue varsity jacket.  There’s a earphone hanging in his neck.  His face beam until his eyes turn in cresent moon and flashing his teeth. He look extra happy.

           “Afternoon, Dae,”Joonmyeon put his apron. Still fashing his teeth.

          “Woooah  you look so handsome. You should dressing up more often, hyung, “ Jongdae whistler.

           “I’m not dressing up. This is my usual attire,” he denied. For the first time he spend more time thinking what to wear even thought he know that Yifan has no working shift today. 

        “No! You’re look different. It must be has to do with that tall guy!” Jongdae smirk.

       “ What do you mean?”

       “ Tell me. How’s thing progess between you and Yifan hyung?” Jongdae cling to Joonmyeon’s arm. “ I heard that he take you home. “

         Joonmyoen bit shock but he know it must be Luhan who tell Jongdae since he keep updating what happened. Minus the kissing part, of course. He can’t imagine Minseok’s reaction if he know about it.

         “Hi, lover boy, how it’s going?” Luhan smack his back.

           “Lu, pleaseeee….” Jooonmyeon whine.

           “Hyung… tell me, tell me! ” Jongdae shake Joonmyeon hand vigourously. Sulking like a kid asking for a candy. He always love hearing about couple story and imagine it will happen to himself some day.

           “ How come you never ask me?” Luhan feel offended. He and Minseok has been together for two years. The have a lot of wonderful story but every time he want to share with Jongdae that boy pretend to do something. So, he only tell to Joonmyeon and Baekhyun. Well, mostly to Joonmyeon who has more patient than Baekhyun. 

         “Eww no way! You and Minseok hyung are too gross. My innocent  eyes seen a lot of things without I really want it!” Jongdae snort. Many time he turn his back from entered the kitchen because Luhan’s hand do inappropriate thing to Minseok when he’s a baking. Now he always  peeking from kitchen window’s before entering if there’s a two lover in there. Once he stay quite long in store room and plugged his ear with finger to prevent hearing any sinful sound in the kitchen. 

        “ So?”

          Joonmyeon have no choice but tell what happened when they’re  studying together. Jongdae listen so attentive and eagerly. 

        “Are you official now?” luhan ask.

       Joonmyeon shock and shake head fastly. “No! we’re just study together, you know!”

       “Why?” Luhan ask. 

      “Yeah you two look perfect together. I like Yifan hyung.” Jongdae add.

      Joonmyeon can’t answer that question. Yeah, why not?  Althought they have pasionate kiss and he really really like Yifan, he still not sure. What if this only an infatuation?  What if  Yifan change his mind and everything  turn cold like it always happened to him? He’s been dating few time and ended up fail before it became an official.  Beside he has a lot thing to think. He’s not sure he can afford being in relationship. And mid-semester about to come. Definitely there’s more top priority on his life at the moment.

           

 

          Joonmyeon really can’t think anything else but the mid semester exam.  He has to maintaince A+ grade.   Minseok is  so thoughtful and  let him reduce his working schelude to twice a week to concentrate on his study.   He and Yifan only meet on lunch break. And they kind of busy with text book. It was Joonmyeon idea, while he studying his texbook, Yifan better study too.  Althought they not speak too much, still it’s really fun have company.  Their major are different but at there’s  some material that they undertand each other. Yifan asked his opinion and they involve to short discusion before back to their own text book.  Yifan sometimes peek into Joonmyeon textbook and asked a little. Joonmyeon explain and asked Yifan’s opinion too.  This is really kind of study session he never has with Luhan or Baekhyun.  

          Under the table Yifan will grab Joonmyeon’s hand, interlace with him and they knee meet. A few times their legs interlace too, with Joonmyeon leg hanging  in Yifan’s calf. 

         On Saturday after the last day of mid semester exam, Yifan ask Joonmyoen if he want to company him to car’s service to get his car and Joonmyeon said yes.

        ‘Joon where are you, ‘ text message from Yifan.

      ‘ Sorry to tell you, I’m still in student administration office. I’ll catch you in court.” Joonmyeon  typed. 

       Joonmyeon need to register for dorm college for next semester again. It’s really hard to get room in dorm college because every students want it. The university always give priority to international or out of town students. A Seoul resident like him is on the bottom of the list.  But he won’t give up, hopefully this time he has a luck.

         “Are you done?” a big hand pat his head lightly.

         “Didn’t you get my message?” Joonmyeon wonder. Yifan already standing next him.  

         “Yeah I got it. But I want to wait here with you.”

          “ Almost done. I need to give it to the administrator. God I wish I got the room next semester,” he folded a dorm college form and give it to Miss Lee, the student administrator.

          “You again, Mr Kim?”

           Joonmyeon nod. “ I’m still trying my luck. How my chance now?”

          “I think pretty good. This semester a lot of student graduated and a quarter of dorm room wil be a vacant. Maybe you will get the room next semester. I put your name on the priority,okay. But it really up to the dean of student,” Miss Lee said and put Joonmyeon form on the box.  

           Yifan ruffles Joonmyeon’s hair . “Don’t worry you will.”

          Joonmyeon nod. He seriously hope got lucky next semester. The landlady said she will raise the price of rent next month and he not sure his saving enough to pay it until the next six month.

 

            “Where do you want to go?” Yifan asked.

            The mechanic just give him the key car and do the last checking. He’s glad his car is working perfectly like new one. It’s really worth all the money saving and part time job he had. He can go anywhere without worried if miss the bus or train. Most importantly  he can drove Joonmyeon every day.

            Joonmyeon shrug. “ I dunno. Where you want to go?”

            They thinking for a moment. Joonmyeon really doesn’t mind going anywhere as long as it with Yifan. The exam are over, he just want to relax a little bit.

            “Hongdae?”  Joonmyeon and Yifan said almost at the same time.  They laugh together.

            “Hongdae  it this!” Yifan start the engine and put a seat belt.   

 

 

            The afternoon brezze is so perfect for strollying along the way.  Joonmyeon used to come to this place quite often in high school.  He has several favorite place too. In the mean time, Yifan only come to Hongdae twice but he really like it.  The atmosfer really laid back and artistic. He just love seeing different kind of mural, very unique craft, home made stuff, yummy food and mostly a tiny hand he can holding while enjoying the view.  

          Yifan congratulate himself for succesfully taking Joonmyeon on Saturday.  He kind of planned to do a dating  although never really has a  fixed plan where to go. He just want to go to the place Joonmyeon like. It turn out that his favorite place in Seoul to be Joonmyeon favorite place as well.

            Yifan stopped when Joonmyeon shake their interlaced hand enthusiatically.  They standing in  front one of desk  in  free market  that display an very cute gadget accesorries.  Joonmyeon reach different kind of phone case, phone chain and phone necklace.  His eyed glue to aphabeth phone chain. He instantly search for letter J and Y where each aphabeth place separately in the small box.

            . “This is look nice,” Yifan take both the letters J & Y.

            “We can customize the chain. You can pick any letters,” said the lady who sell it.

            Joonmyeon look up to Yifan with hopeful eyes.

            “What do you think, Joon?”

            “I think I like it.”  

            And that’s a first couple’s  item they have. Yifan hang the phone chain with J&Y  letters in his cell phone and help Joonmyeon with his. Joonmyeon shaking his cell phone  and watching the chain of  J&Y swinging happily . He laugh until his apple cheek appeare and flash his teeth.  Yifan pinch his adorable apple cheek . It’s amazed him to see a little things like that make Joonmyeon happy as if he got a big present. 

             Then Joonmyeon take Yifan  to his favorite counter. Yifan thought it’s a ice cream parlor. It turn out a Korean dessert counter, Patbingsu. Since Yifan never try before, Joonmyeon do all the pick but he’s not sure which size they have to pick. There’s a small, medium and lager portion. The ahjussi said that large one can be share with two or three people. Without doubt Yifan pick a large one.

            In one corner with the cozy couch they sharing a big portion of Patbingsu full with fruits. There’s two spoon but they used one spoon all the time and feeding each other.

            “Aaa…” Yifan take a big spoon to Joonmyeon who still reply text from his mobile.

            Joonmyeon stunned. His eyes widen. 

            “Hurry, it will melt,” Yifan push a little bit the spoon right to the lips. 

            Jonnmyeon look around to make sure noone notice them. There’s a couple sitting far from them and busied eating each other’s  face. Slowly he open his mouth. The cold ice melt in his tongue but he feel really sweating and hot. Probably because Yifan look at his orbs intensely.  Waiting for his reacting.

            “Is it nice?” Yifan asked.

            Joonmyeon nod shyly.

             “No poison inside?”

            Joonmyeon chuckle. Yifan always have a random comment.  

            “You have to be sure. Try again,” Yifan take another spoon and feed Joonmyeon.

            “Yeah it’s perfect.  May be a little poison but it’s good for your health,” Joonmyeon now took spoon from Yifan’s hand and scoop another portion. He handed in front a Yifan’s mouth. “ Try it now.” 

            Yifan flash a big grin and open his mouth. He gave two thumb up.

 

 

            Joonmyeon surely like a sweet thing. He finish all the sweet red bean and mango and let Yifan eat all the berries fruit. His nose srunch and shake his shoulder in dislike when Yifan feed him a raspberry. ‘It’s too sour’ he said and take a big spoon of sweet red bean and chew one of chocolate Pepero stick who decorate the Patbingsu.

            “ And where we go now?” joonmyeon spoon the last part of Patbingsu. Then he sneeze couple time.  

            Yifan shake his head. “ We shouldn’t order Patbingsu. Your flu will getting worse.”

            Joonmyeon pout and take his handkerchief  from his pocket. “Don’t worry it’s has nothing to do with flu.  It happened all the time.”

            Yifan ruffle Joonmyeon’s head when the boy snort his nose bit too loud to prevent a runny nose. He take a tissue and going to wipe Joonmyeon’s nose but he turn the head so fast and wipe it with his own handkerchif.  “ Where we going  now?”Joonmyeon repeat the question.

             It almost dark outside. It’s Saturday night. People are flooding on the street.  

            “How about watching movie?” Yifan ask. He scrool cinema schedule on his phone. There’s nothing interesting.  

            “Found something good?” Joonmyeon peek Yifan’s phone. He can’t help smiling when see J&K chain hanging in Yifan’s phone. Unconsiously reach a phone chain in his own phone. Now he understand how Luhan’s feeling when he told about the couple t’shirt he shared with Minseok.

            “I’m not sure. How about you pick the movie?”

            Joonmyeon read all  the schedule. Just like Yifan said, nothing good. Is that mean this unplanned date is going to end?

            Yifan playing his finger  on the table. Thinking. God, he has to think something quickly before Joonmyeon ask to going home. He doesn’t mind just walking or eating in other place.

            “I know! Have you visit a   trickeyes museum?” Joonmyeon said.

            “ Never. What is that?”

            Jooomyeon eyes lit. He stand up and pull Yifan’s hand to get up. “ Just see by yourself. You gonna love it!”

 

 

            Yifan laughing so much seeing different kind of painting in Trickeyes museum. So many good spot for take picture and doing a silly pose. Joonmyeon never seen Yifan could be act like a dork in front a painting. This museum really bring out the kid inside of Yifan and he really happy to elaborate.  

            For the first time Joonmyeon can standing  really tall and Yifan as small as tiny little kid in one of the 3D painting.  It’s all about optical illusion and can make every visitors experience magical and impossible thing.

            Yifan and Joonmyeon pose  in one painting where they look like climbing the street sign. Yifan suggest they show an screaming expression as well. They favorite part is a painting where they can hang on the train’s ceiling with spiderman.  Joonmyeon never laughing so much in this entirely life.

            “ That’s really fun,” Yifan wipe his tear for laughing so much after he see his own picture as if he stuck in the middle of the wall.  

            Joonmyeon still laughing and heading to the exit door. They’re going to find some thing to eat. Yifan said he want a pizza. Joonmyeon know the best pizza’s  place in here. He stop his walk abruptly when he see Baekhyun and Chanyeol.

            “Is that… “ Yifan also see what Joonmyeon saw.

            Joonmyeon nod in panic.

             “Let’s go,” Yifan grab Joonmyeon and walk with head down.  They see Baekhyun turn his head to the right because his eyes caught a familiar faces. Luckily they already hiding. Baekhyun talk to Chanyeol who also looking around. It seem he try to find out what his boyfriend said. Joonmyeon close his eyes in scare. Yifan held his breath.

            Chanyeol shake his head and punch Baekhyun lightly. They’re  laughing and walk inside to the café.

            “ We’re safe,” Yifan grin.

             Joonmyeon still not sure, he look to the café. Inside his friends busied order something. He still worried. What if they get caught again?

            “ We should wear a mask,” Joonmyeon mutter.

            “ Well, that a good idea!”

            “I’m just kidding!” Joonmyeon laugh.

            “No. It is a good idea. Look there’s a costume and party supplier over there,” Yifan look serious. Joonmyeon laughing again. But, hey, why not?

            They enter the shop and trying different kind of mask.

            “Try this!” Yifan holding a bunny head costume, put it to Joonmyeon’s head and laughing really hard. The head is bit too big for Joonmyeon’s frame. He like a bunny with big head. But, still  cute!  “ Oh my… my, you look perfect as a bunny,” Yifan said and pull Joonmyeon to the mirror. Joonmyeon booping his head right and left until the rabbit’s  ears swing a little.   

            “Ufff  it’s look nice but too heavy and hot,” Joonmyeon take off the bunny head. He start to sneeze again. The dust inside the head is too much for his nose.

            “Okay, forget about it. I’m sorry,” Yifan put it the bunny’s head to its place.

            “We have another bunny version and really popular,” the shop assitant show them a white and pink bunny ear headband and plastic mask of energizer bunny. Yifan put the headband and the mask to Joonmyeon.

            “It suit you, Joon. You really look like a bunny!”

            Joonmyeon grin happily. Wearing the bunny ear headband and energizer bunny’s mask, he’s walking around the shop. They need to find a perfect mask for Yifan. Mostly are in small sized. Suddenly his eyed caught something hide  in the corner. The Toothless dragon  mask.

            “Fan, look! They have a large size for this!” Joonmyeon handed the black dragon mask.

            “ Toothless! No way!” Yifan protest.

            “Why?”

            “I’m not cute dragon. I’m a fierce,” Yifan sulk. The way he slump his shoulder, both hands hanging loose to the floor and lips pouting exactly like little kid.

            “Look at yourself! You are cute!” Jooonmyeon chuckle. In tip toe he put the Toothless dragon’s mask  to Yifan face.  

            “Looking good, sir!” the shop assitant said.

            “Bunny, do you like it?”

            “Yes, dragon. I love it!” joonmyeon nod until his bunny ear  swinging a little.

            In front a mirror Yifan look  reflection of himself with dragon mask and Joonmyeon with bunny mask. Yeah, they look like a couple who just come out from Disney’s movie.

            “Fine. We take this!” Yifan said.

 

          If you happened pass a Hongdae on that certain Saturday night, you probably  meet a very tall Toothless dragon walking next to  tiny energizer bunny with their interlaced hand swinging happily. They look aimlessly but actually they just want strolling the streets and never let go each other’s hand. It’s just one fine Saturday for Joonmyeon and Yifan.

 

-----

      Like previous chapter, I'm having so much writing this chapter. And thank you very much for  your subscription and very nice comment. I'm always waiting your comment. And sorry if there any grammar mistake.

 

BTW, if you wonder what trick eye museum, please klik here.