Chapter six: Thump, thump

Who are you?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Thump, thump

 

“So, are you going?” Youngjae asks, waiting for Mark by his locker. Jinyoung and Youngjae like to follow him around, afraid that Mark will get lost. That was at the beginning but now after over a month Mark thinks that they should stop nanny him around.

“I have to; practically my mom is begging me,” Mark replies, opening his locker. There, lying on top of his things is a bottle of milk strawberry. That’s creepy; first because someone left him milk, and second because someone knows his pin. Thank God, he never left something related to his mission in here.

 “Well, I wanted to invite you this weekend to my house. I and Jinyoung could help you with research on the protection program.”

“I can do this alone, don’t worry, you focus on your things, I know that there are a lot,” Mark says picking up the milk. He closes his locker and starts to walk with Youngjae.

“Ok then, see you later at lunch.” Youngjae waves taking in his direction.

Mark waves as well, still wondering who the hell knows his locker pin and why in hell let a bottle of strawberry milk.

Secret admirer?

Anyway, isn’t like he keeps many things there, just some books that he doesn’t care about, whoever wants can let him milk or whatever.

!!!!!

 

Jackson hasn’t sat with him today, not that Mark is sad, he is almost laughing because the younger things that they slept together. Finally, he had found something that remembers him of the old days when he knew what smiling and having fun means.

“Tell me again, why are we eating inside?” He asks as he follows these two friends between the seas of people. He liked their outside place, there is less crowd, fewer ears to listen to them and fewer eyes following him around. He knows that he is good looking but he hates the attention, that is superficial.

“Because it’s getting colder day by day, but what can I expect from someone so cold hearted.” Jinyoung jokes, taking a seat at an empty table. “Anyway, it’s cold and we can’t keep eating outside when the snow will be three meters high.”

“I think you are exaggerating,” Mark replies seating in front of his friend as Youngjae seats beside him.

“When did you see snow so high?” Youngjae asks as he unwraps a sandwich that Mark had given him earlier. His mother always makes extra for his friends.

It feels Mark’s mom is trying to get him to become closer to people.

“North Pole?” Jinyoung replies, a smirk on his face.

“I was talking about Korea but whatever smartass.” The younger shakes his head, getting his attention back to his meal.

“Congratulations on your trip, I heard that your class got the best score of the school.”

“I don’t want to go but my mom said that it’s a great opportunity to make new friends.” Mark rolls his eyes as he remembers the discussion he had with his mother this morning. It’s like she wanted to go on that trip, not Mark, but he can’t disagree with her, she helped him when he needed her.

“What is wrong with the ones you have now?” Jinyoung asks.

“Everything, like, look at you, can’t you see what’s wrong?” Mark laughs as he sees Jackson enter the cafeteria followed by his friends, or should hehe, call them his dogs? No, they are cool people in Mark’s eyes. If they put out with Jackson’s means that they are great.

“You hurt me here, Mark, you really did.” Jinyoung fake cry doesn’t mean anything to Mark. His friend is kind of strange but he will give him the credit for acting.

“I’ll be right back,” Mark says, standing up.

He makes his way toward where Jackson and his friends are and puts up the best smirk that he could manage even if his heart started to beat like crazy. This is the feeling that he waited for all those years, to feel that thump of his heart whatever he does something.

He stops at the back of the one who is in his class and someone other than Mark doesn’t know his name, making Jackson's eyes pop out of his face. That’s cute, Mark things. “Hi Jackson,”

“Hi,” Jackson replies, a shade of pink making its appearance on his face as his friends turn their heads to look at Mark. “What can I do for you?”

“Nothing,” Mark replies as one of them starts to laugh, that until Jackson glares at him. “I wanted to tell you about the project. Let’s start work on it at my house, today at five.” He says, keeping his smirk on the place, so he won’t reveal what his heart does for him. “Don’t be late.”

As he makes his way back to his seat, his can feel the sweat floating down on his forehead from the nerves. His mother is making lasagna this evening and he wanted to invite Jackson, considering that Jackson has just the only parent and apparently isn’t home. There is nothing more to the story; he is just kind at heart.

!!!!!

 

“This sounds like a date,” Daehyun says high-fiving Bambam. “Project, my ,”

“Shut up.” Jackson's face is red, just like a tomato, JunHong’s favorite food.  “We should start working on that proje

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter