Chapter eighteen: Forever young

Who are you?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Forever young

 

 

“What do you think happened with our dumb friends?” Mark asks opening his front door.

“They kissed and made up?” Jackson asks, following Mark inside.

They didn’t spend any much time at the coffee shop and decided to come back home and make their homework for tomorrow. Mark’s idea, don’t get Jackson wrong.

“Finally, you two are home, your friends decided to wait for you.” Yugyeom comments, coming out of the kitchen with a bowl full of popcorn.

“What friends?” Mark asks scanning the living room.

Jackson bumps into him, cursing himself in his mind looking at Jinyoung and Jaebum, both of them in different ends of the couch, with their arms crossed over their chest. If you didn’t know them, you would think that they are twins. “We are in trouble.” He whispers in Mark’s ear, putting his hands on Mark’s shoulders, like hiding from those two snakes that are looking at them with such predatory eyes.

“Why the hell did you lie to us?” Jinyoung asks standing up, followed by Jaebum. “Why to set us on a date?”

“You know that we don’t really get along,” Jaebum adds glaring at Jackson.

“I can’t believe this, I really don’t,” Mark says, shaking his head. “You two are so dense that you can’t even see what’s in front of you.”

“This is better than this crap movie,” Yugyeom comments from the couch with his mouth full of popcorn.

“Look, Mark, if you and Jackson are dating that doesn’t mean we should date too,” Jinyoung says gesturing between him and Jaebum,

“You two are dating?” Yugyeom asks, his popcorn bowl falling from his hands. “I should tell mom this.”

Mark glares at Jinyoung and turns toward Yugyeom. “Yes, we are dating and you won’t tell mom anything, this is my place to tell her, not yours.”

“But yet you didn’t tell her.”

“I will, now if you excuse us, we need to finish something here.” Mark turns to his friends, who are looking apologetic. Mark knows that they didn’t want to give away Mark and Jackson relationship but this isn’t the point right now.

Yugyeom gets up and leaves the living room, just like a zombie. He shakes his head at Mark in disappointment and makes his way up the stairs.

“I am sorry, I didn’t mean to-“

“It’s ok.” Mark takes a deep breath and looks at Jinyoung. “Let’s get to the point; what do you like about JiByul?”

Jinyoung looks at him like he had grown a second head, playing with his fingers, he then looks at Jaebum and Jackson and turns back at Mark. “Why?”

“Can you just answer and I’ll tell you after.”

“Well, she had good taste in music for one, she understands me just from those stupid quotes and she took the time to reply to me when she didn’t even know who I am,” Jinyoung says his face red as a tomato.

“And Jaebum, what do you like about J?” Jackson asks his friend.

Jaebum glares at him and sits down back on the couch because the stillness of the room gives him creeps. “I don’t know. I just like talking with her and I want to know her better, that’s why I went to that date.”

“Who is Jay?” Jinyoung asks sitting as well beside Jaebum.

Mark and Jackson look at their two friends, feeling like they are their parents, scolding them.

“It’s not Jay, is J, like the letter,” Jackson smirks, elbowing Mark in the side. “You know, his secret admirer.”

“You have a secret admirer? Wow, you?” Jinyoung says with a sarcastic tone, making Jaebum glare at him.

“Jackson, I think we need to spell them the situation because they don’t get it.”

“What situation?”

“Jaebum, meet J and Jinyoung meet JB,” Jackson says, gesturing with his hands between his two idiot friends.

Silence…

There’s no movement from the two boys in the cause, just Mark and Jackson are smiling like two idiots at their friend's expressions. They should take some picture and make fun of them with it later, but they hold back because this is such a tragic moment for them.

“Are you, you say that-“ Jaebum starts but he loses his words when he looks in Jinyoung’s way. “It’s-“

“I think we should let them then,” Jackson says taking Mark’s hands in his and drags the boy upstairs toward his room.

Mark takes one last look at his friends and follows Jackson. He knows that Jinyoung and Jaebum need time to process it all and they will find their way out of the house on their won.

Once the boys are in Mark’s room they collapse in bed, a huge stone taken off of their heart.

“I think I need to talk with my parents about us, Yugyeom is mad because I didn’t tell him.” Mark sighs popping on his elbows to look at Jackson. “Would you come with me?”

Jackson smiles and puts one of his palms on Mark’s cheek. “Of course, when you want to do it, I’ll be there.”

“Tonight, wh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter