Chapter eleven: Just you

Who are you?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Just you

 

He barely keeps up with the boys, they are practically running down the street, that street that Jackson knows very well.

He just prays that Daehyun wasn’t right and Mark just wants to have some night studies with his friends at school.

He shivers as the wind starts to increase its speed, blowing the dust that the streets have and making the trees dance. Jackson glances up in the sky, the dark clouds has already overpowered the moonlight.

He can’t believe how stupid he had been to trust Mark with his words. Why would Mark lie about his feelings? What does Mark want to hide? There are so many questions that the boy wants the answers.

Just who in the world are you, Mark Tuan?

With a bit of luck, he will have the answer tonight, even if it means to step over his logging feelings over Mark.

The others stopped by the school gates, talking, not noticing the dark figure that is follow their every move.  

Jackson couldn’t come up with something that the boy wants, just the fact that they want the upcoming tests; this must be it.

He couldn’t believe how foolish he had been thinking that Mark truly deserved the first place into their class. He had studied so hard for the first place and the other took it by stealing the answers.

But tonight is the truth night, so Jackson won’t back down.

Thanks to his father, he knows the backdoor password and he doesn’t hesitate to walk toward there.

The last time when Jackson caught Mark in his father office he like a fool fell into his trap. He can’t believe that his feelings for the redhead are so strongly to believe whatever lie he told him.

Jackson is so frustrated for everything that he didn’t even notice when his tears started to fall freely on his cold cheeks.

Looking around to not be noticed, he enters his father office, looking for a place to hide. The only viable place that he can come up with is the little balcony that his father has.

He rests his head on the cold wall, waiting for some movements.

He sighs, wiping away his tears. Mark isn’t worth his time, he knows it but it is too late, the damage is done.  

After five minutes of wait, finally he could hear his father office door cracking as almost unheard steps makes its way on the marble floor.

He could hear the faint buttons that Mark pressed on the computer as his heart beats faster and faster with every second; here it goes all the love h has for Mark, fading away with every step.

Why couldn’t he just fall in love with his best friend, it for sure is easier than not knowing who yo fell for.

He leans on the balcony, trying to pick inside.

Mark has his back turned to him as he presses furiously on the computer keyboard.

“ it, he changed the password.” Jackson hears the older whisper under his breath.

In an odd reason, he feels proud of his father.

Take that Mark; see if you can steal the tests.

He didn’t notice in his state of mind that he had said those words out loud. He cheered too loud for Mark not to notice. his life and his stupid big mouth.

“What the hell are you doing here, Jackson?” Mark asks, crossing his arms over his chest. He radiates power right now but Jackson won’t back down, not when he finally found the truth about Mark.

“I could ask you the same question.” Jackson answers, wiping away his clothes of dust. “What are you doing here, Mark?” He smirks, trying to hide away the disappointment. “Snooping things on me again?”

He could see Mark face, how it turns from one of confidence with one of fear. The older plays with his fingers as he shakes his head trying to hide his eyes behind his red bangs.

“You know you could have just asked me, I would have answered about everything.” Jackson continues when he sees that the other won’t reply.

“Fine, you caught me; I am not snooping things about you because you are so easy that you’ll give me everything, so why to bother to ask?” Mark’s confidence appeared again, taking slow steps toward the other, trying to step over the younger nerves.

“I expected everything from you, Mark but this.” Jackson shakes his head, finally letting all his disappointment at the surface for the other to see. “I can’t believe that persons like you truly exist.”

“Persons like me?” Mark asks, letting a short scary laugh. “You don’t know anything about me, so stop pretending that you care.”

“I’ve never pretended to care; you are the one who gives false hopes to others.” Jackson accuses, pointing his finger toward the red head. “Why can’t you just tell me to off and leave you alone because you don’t like me?”

“Haven’t I? I did it so many times but y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter