Chapter three: Thrown out

Who are you?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Thrown out

 

“They used a not so known program to code. It will take me some time to finish it.” Mark says pressing furiously some keys on his computer while talking with Jinyoung over the phone.  This is what normal people at his age are doing on a Saturday, he keeps telling him on and on.

“Take your time.” Jinyoung replies “Isn’t like we are in a hurry.”

“Yah, my contract says until I want to, so you better treat me right if you don’t want the boss to take on you my leave.” Mark jokes, stopping from typing. “I think I am done, just wait to load.”

“By the way, did you see Jackson’s news feed on Facebook?”

Mark sighs and leans into his seat. “I don’t care what Wang is doing.”

“He apologized for the picture,” Jinyoung continue like he didn’t even hear Mark. “-and told everyone that he didn’t post the picture.”

“I didn’t expect him to let it pass, don’t worry,” Mark says pecking again at his computer to see that it’s already fifty percent loaded.

“Everyone believes him,” Jinyoung concludes.

“I expected that as well.” Mark knows what is going on with the popular kids. Whatever they are doing it’s cool, whatever they are saying it’s true. He knows it very well on his skin and that’s why he wishes to take back that idiot kiss and to be invisible again for the proclaimed king of the school.

“Ah, so you knew what you were doing.”

“Of course, never doubt of me Jinyoung, ever again,” Mark replies. He knew that Jackson will turn it in his favor, it always happens with people like him. Mark needs to say that Jackson was in right here, but whatever, he isn’t the type to let other bring him down, not ever again.

“Why do you hate him so much? I mean, he never did anything to you?

“I don’t hate him in particular but I don’t like their type,” Mark says looking at his computer showing ninety-nine percent. “Don’t ask why because I won’t tell you.”

Error…

“, it didn’t work,” Mark says getting back at typing. “It pisses me off. What the hell is it anyway?”

“I don’t know. I received from Korea department,”

“Mark?”

Mark turns his head to look at his brother pecking his head into his room. “Why are you standing there like a criminal, come in Yugyeom.”

His brother comes in and looks at Mark’s computer. “Isn’t done yet?” his brother knows very well what is he doing, he never kept secrets from his brother. They are like that, inseparable and Mark loves his brother more than anything in this world. His family is the most important thing for him.

“Hello there Yugyeom,” Jinyoung says from the other line.

“Hey Junior,” Yugyeom replies, smiling brightly at Mark’s phone which is lying on his desk.  “Anyway, someone is here to see you.”

“Me?” He never heard this sentenced since he moved here. Is someone here to see him? It feels like a bad movie and he shouldn’t let that person inside, but, unfortunately, life isn’t a movie and life is boring as it is.

“He said his name is Jackson and he is our neighbor.”

“That’s funny.” Jinyoung amuses from the other side. “You find yourself an admirer.”

“Shut up Jinyoung.” Mark replies closing down his computer. “Tell him to come in.”

“You let him come in? Wow, you have such a soft heart.”

“Goodbye Jinyoung,” The older hangs up the phone and takes a deep breathe. He knows that he won’t get rid of Wang for a long time but, unfortunately, he needs to do that damn project. A project that he prefers doing alone, but that idiot signed both of them as a pair. What was on his head?

A soft knock wakes Mark from his thoughts. He straightness himself on the chair, looking at his computer to be sure that is shut down. “Come in.”

“Hey,” Jackson greets walking in like he owns the room, which Mark expected to happen. Since the first time he has seen the younger, the vibes he received from him was confidence. Mark wonders if he was born that way or he had to learn to be like this.

“I guess you are here about the project, right?” Mark asks, not wanting to spend any minute in his presence than necessary.

“You guessed right,” Jackson replies, seating down on Mark’s bed, letting his back fall at his feet. “Your bed is comfy.”

“Well, I don’t sleep in anything.”

“I can’t believe that someone is actually is living here. “ Jackson says looking around like he is in search of something. “I’ve never seen light coming from here but know I know why.” He points to Mark’s windows which are covered, not letting any rise of light coming though.

“I live more like vampires, so back to the topic, school project.”

“Right, we have to pick some part of the human’s body and do a project about it.”

Mark sighs for the million times today, rubbing his face with his palms. “Do you have something in mind?”

“I thought of the heart, what do you say?” Jackson has this bored look on his face that tells Mark that he isn’t interested in talking about the project, but if this the case, why is Jackson here?

“Too complicated,” For your mind, Mark wanted to add but he shuts up. He isn’t someone to judge here. He still has to see the results from the last term of tests.

“Do you have any other opinion, mister knows it all?”

“We should do about skin; we can even test some of the theories.” Mark replies, flashing

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter