Two in a row

Pareballes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author Note: I at writing first and second chapters, so bear with me for two chapters, uh? I'm sorry! 

Silence was the one thing surrounding Namjoon at this very moment. The room was quiet, his bed was untouched and a few crumpled paper balls fell off his trash can. He looked at the clock, and his eyes opened wide when he realized it was already 6:00 a.m. And it was a Monday.

Last thing he could remember, he was promising himself he'd rest during the weekend. He didn't plan on doing anything except for laying down, sleeping, eating and moving only in order to survive. Last week had been intense at Big Hit, and he really deserved a break after so much pressure. But he didn't get any sleep, or any rest. Instead, he spent Saturday and Sunday locked inside his little studio at home, writing dumb lyrics that made absolutely no sense and eating crap that would keep him awake.

God. This was so not what he signed for. 

“Rap Moonie-Moonie-Moonie!!!” Namjoon almost jumped out of his seat when he heard Jin’s voice. He was so focused on his writing, that he wasn't expecting that loud sound. It was that scary nice tone that he used when he was pissed off.

“At the count of three, I want your cute non-existing sitting on this cute little chair in front of this cute huge table so you can eat your freaking breakfast.”

Namjoon froze.

“One…”

He crossed the living room in less than two seconds. 

“Two…”

He jumped over the sofa, tripped over his own two feet and landed on his knees.

 “Thr… “

He stood up and put one inch of that non-existing  of his on the chair and smiled at Jin.

“Hyung, wanna feed me?” he asked. He wasn’t quite sure of how he managed to speak when he was actually struggling to breathe.

Jin rolled his eyes but gave him a cup of coffee. Not that ty coffee that you get by boiling water in a microwave, but actual delicious coffee that only he could make because he was probably the best barista he had ever met. And the only one too.

“You’ll need it,” sighed. “But I’m not letting you do this again. Do I really need to ask Yoongi to have another talk with Mr. Bang?”

Namjoon moved his head to his sides a thousand times in a second.

Yoongi had a degree in music. He graduated sooner than expected, at the top of his class and with ten offers for a job. He started as a simple editor, but he climbed up until he became a producer. A really good one.

Namjoon on the other side… he wasn’t an official employee there. Everyone knew his name, a lot of people bowed at him and sometimes they asked him for an opinion. That’s just how good he was. He just didn’t happen to have a full salary because he was technically a high-schooler. Kind of. He worked just as hard as Yoongi, he had produced quite a few hits, but he still earned 1/3 of Yoongi’s salary. That , because he wanted to support Jin as much as possible, but he liked what he did and it was way better than getting a part-time job selling burgers. It was a pity that the only thing stopping him from becoming huge was a piece of paper.

Anyway, he didn’t need Mr. Bang treating him like a kid as he did every time Yoongi talked to him. He knew he had some unhealthy habits. Skipping two meals a day, sleeping three hours and spending so much time working were pretty much stupid moves. But still, it was all about music. His music.

“I need you to leave the company when your shift ends so you can eat lunch here. You can lock yourself in that studio that Suga designed for you the rest of the day-” Jin paused for a second and then he looked at Namjoon. He looked worried, and that made him feel like he was the most ungrateful person alive. “- But please, eat properly, sleep properly and live like a human being. Yes?”

Namjoon nodded. He was 20, but there he was, not daring to say no to Jin because that would be the same as saying no to his mother. And if he had a mother, he wouldn’t say no to her.

“Yeah, use the studio that Jin paid with the money that his parents gave him to go to Peru,” said Yoongi, out of nowhere. He was wearing his pajamas and his eyes were half closed. He looked like he was tired and sleepy, but deep inside, Namjoon knew better. Yoongi was just grumpy because he had to drive Jungkook to school. Yoongi loved and cared about Jungkook more than he cared about anyone else, but he definitely didn’t enjoy waking up at 7 just to drive him to high school. 

“And let us know if you’re alive once in a while too,” Jungkook teased with a big goofy smile as he headed to the door carrying his backpack in one of his shoulders. He waved at his hyungs and bowed to Jin.

“I’ll be back, hyung!” the youngest said.

“Work hard, Jungkookie! And drive carefully, Yoongi-ah!” Jin replied.

“Yes, hyung”

Namjoon looked at the food. It looked tasty, and his stomach definitely appreciated it, but he sighed in resignation knowing that it would be a long day. Little did he know...

Peaceful mornings were the kind of mornings that Jinsol loved. She enjoyed waking up early, taking a shower, reading the newspaper that her dad always buys, listening to her mom whine about nobody eating breakfast and then leaving with her dad so that he would drive her to school. He was nice enough to stop at the coffee shop two blocks away from her place.

It was perfect, really. It was, until her father’s company decided that it would be amazing if they could move their building to the other side of the city. Just like that, Jinsol’s life was ruined. Kind of.

Her mom couldn’t drive for her life.

Her dad didn’t have the time to drive her himself.

And then, she didn’t have a license.

That way, she had to take the train for the first time in her entire life. Not only she had to use the train, but she had to walk ten minutes to get there, and she had to wake up 40 minutes earlier if she wanted to get to school on time. And an hour earlier if she didn’t want to be in a rush every morning.

So there she was, waking up at 5:00 a.m., taking a shower that felt like a punishment from the heavens, getting ready with her eyes half-closed and making sure that her backpack was a safe place to keep her phone, her books and her laptop.

“Have a nice day sweetie,” her dad wished. She gave him a look, but she smiled anyway. In the end, she knew he wished she didn’t have to take the train.

“Here!” Jinsol raised an eyebrow when her dad put 5000 won inside her fist “You think I’m dumb?” Jinsol just blinked. She didn’t understand a thing. “Go and say hi to that cute employee at Coffee Bane,” he smirked as he ruffled her hair.

Jinsol’s cheeks turned red in a matter of seconds. So he had noticed, uh? She thought about denying it, but when she came back to Earth, her dad wasn’t there anymore and she was just on time to leave. She ran all the way to the coffee shop and when she got there, Jin was just arriving too. His name Seokjin, actually, but he had asked her to call him Jin.

She perfectly remembered how he told her his name. That day, for the first time in forever, she had decided to wear her name tag. She asked for her usual and Jin gave it to her with a huge smile on his face.

“I’m not bragging, but I swear this is the best coffee that I’ve ever made for you, Jins

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter