The Knight and The

Passion Is Our Fate

Taeyang’s POV

When my dear friend abandoned me and lost in the crowd I wasn’t surprised at all because it was exactly his style. I made an attempt to dance but the music was awful at the time so I eventually ended up sitting at the bar. As the time passed I decide to order a drink and get down to some work. I took off my phone and managed my schedule, answered some fans’questions and wrote some lyrics for the melody I had been humming all day. 

I didn’t really like that place. It was too noisy for me to concentrate and everyone they were too miserable for my taste. I knew one of my best friends was part of that pathetic crowd but it was a fact and I wasn’t going to take my words back. I felt suffocated. I grabbed my drink and walked out to get so fresh leaving Jiyong parting with the alcohol on his own. Drinking wasn’t my kind of stuff anyway.

When I got out and felt the refreshing though polluted air inflate my lungs, I was relieved. Unfortunately, my break didn’t last long as an impressively loud scream for help deafen me. I dropped my glass taken aback by it. It sounded as a woman and it came from somewhere near me. I hurried to find where it was coming from. Even if it was a false alarm I had to check because if not I would have been that girls last hope considering how empty were the streets of Seul that night. I thought the scream came from a small almost invisible turn for an even smaller dark street. I ran towards it as fast as I could.

When I took the turn I faced an absolutely terrifying frame. A young woman was pressed to the wall by a man who was roughly her lips. Her teary eyes were barely opened but just enough for me to see the fear in them but she wasn’t fighting therapist. It wasn’t that she didn’t want to but she obviously couldn’t. Her body seemed lifeless and so brittle that I was shocked she hadn’t broken under the man’s mass. The only sign of life were her eyes filled with hatred and disgust that could burn you alive.

Without having a second thought I rushed towards them and punched the man with all of my strength and disgust for his actions. There was a chance of me not having understood the situation correctly but if I had just left I would have risked something worse happening to that girl and I knew the fear in her eyes was an irrefutable proof. The man fall to the ground as a result of my fist, which might have broken more than I intended , but he was an anyway so who cares if I have seriously injured half of his face. Good thing plastic surgery exists. The girl was free of that ’s grip but she started falling too, fortunately, I was able to catch her.

The man stood up and I could read the anger written on his face, which wasn’t surprising at all.

- What are you doing with my girlfriend? Couldn’t you see we were up to something? – he shouted at me. I looked at the girl who’d seemed kinda relieved till she heard his words and furrowed lightly but it was enough for me to understand the situation.

- It doesn’t seem like she is your girlfriend and what you were doing definitely isn’t OK with her. – I said angrily remembering the awful scene I had seen.

The man tried to attack me but I easily blocked all of his attempts though I was using only my left hand because I was holding the girl in my right hand. Then, I became annoyed by that idiot, I put the her down and hit him several times making him collapse one more time but that time he lost consciousness. It wasn’t a thing that I was proud of because I’m not in favour of that kind of using force but sometimes it can’t be helped. Some people are unable to understand anything but physical pain.

After I got rid of the jerk I picked the woman up and carried her bridal style to my car. I was so glad that I had had the good sense to come with my own car because GD had already ran away leaving me in that disgusting club. How kind of him!

Anyway, I laid her on the backseat, made my way to the driver’s seat and started driving towards the nearest hospital because she didn’t seem too well to me. While I was driving I heard her move.

- Thank you but where are you driving me? – she asked weakly and I noted a note of fear in her voice.

- Don’t worry I’m driving you to the hospital! – I said and handed her my phone – Here! You can call the police or whatever anytime you want if you still do not believe in my sincerity. – I continued in an attempt to calm her down. After all she’d been through I couldn’t judge her for not believing me blindly.

- Thank you once again. – she nodded as she took the phone in her hand and squeezed it tightly and in a minute time she lost consciousness. After a few more minutes we reached the hospital because I was driving as fast as I could though still considering that I wasn’t the only person on the road.

I carried the woman to the reception.

- I think she was drugged could you help her, please? – I asked a bit panicked because she was still unconscious.

- Yes, sir. – the nurse at the reception said and asked one of the red-haired nurse on her left to help me. The red-haired woman led me to a free room and I laid the girl down on the bed. Then, a doctor came and asked me to leave. I obeyed and walked out still having that worried look on my face. I used the time at the waiting room to call the police and tell them about what had happened so that they would catch that bastard.

After 10 minutes the nurse came to me.

- How is she? – I hurried to ask.

- Her ribs are bruised but we aren’t still sure what kind of drug she has consumed.  – she replied and I shuttered.

- Are you a relative of the patient or maybe her friend or boyfriend because we need to know if she has any allergies? – she asked.

- No, I don’t even know her personally.

- I see so we have no other chance but to risk.

When I heard those words my heart huddled. What if something happened to that girl only because I didn’t know if she had any allergies. The nurse noticed the change in my expression.

- Don’t worry! Her life won’t be in danger even if she has an allergy.

What the nurse said calmed me down a little but I was still worried. Then, she walked in the room and the only thing left for me to do was waiting for news and I hoped I was waiting for good news. What annoyed me the most was that the terrible scene which occurred to my mind wasn’t from a movie and it did happen just before my eyes.  That woman had looked so defenseless at that moment and then at the car park her body had seemed as lifeless as a corpse. Her Western features had looked pale and exhausted with fear. When I remembered all that I felt somehow happy that I was able to be there for her, to save her. Only God knows what would have happened to her if I hadn’t heard her screams.