The Phone Call

Passion Is Our Fate

Jessie's POV

They're here! - Taylor shouted and I looked at the two young man she was pointing at. I was shocked. There, right before my widened eyes were Block B's U-Kwon and Zico. Was she the luckiest girl in the world or was she a kind of a witch? First, it had been Kai and then - wait, was it Zico or was it U-Kwon? Anyway, I kinda envied her. I didn't work out why the things with Kai hadn't worked because she never told anyone but I thought they had been a cute couple. That time she had been just the opposite of herself - pent, reticent. I hadn't been able to recognize her that way but she hopefully had perked up and returned to her real self. I had needed a lot of time to get used to her dating Kai and I didn't know how much time I would need to get used to her dating another celebrity.

Taylor ran towards the two men we had been waiting for and hugged U-Kwon. I should've worked out it was him. After all he was just her type and he's a manga lover, which is a definite "Yes" for her. Probably, they had met in a manga store. I wouldn't be surprised if it had been something like that. She had refused to tell me where they had met when I asked her about the mysterious guy who wasn't so mysterious at the moment. Not that I cared too much but I had been curious and still was so I was definitely going to ask her for details afterwards.

Zico who had been passively observing the scene of Taylor and his friend's expression of feeling, looked aside and walked away without even greeting us as if he was on his own here. Such a jerk, but a hot jerk I had to admit.

 - You look awesome, babe! - U-Kwon complimented Taylor making her giggle cutely.

 - You think? - she smirked trying to play innocent. God, I really was envious.

However, Hyuna and I greeted him and left the two love birds. I would have stayed longer but Hyuna forced me to accompany her to the bar. I saw she wasn't in a good mood and asked her what was wrong. She fought answering but I knew all of her weaknesses so after a few drinks she was willing to tell me everything. Usually, Taylor took care of that sort of stuff but I didn't wasnt bother her and Hyuna didn't want it, either. She told me what happened with the manager and cried on my shoulder. Fortunately, everybody was too drunk to notice the crying woman. I felt sorry for her and the other girls but mostly for Hyuna as she was one of my best friends. I hoped she hadn't saw Zico in the bustle but I had the feeling she had. He had caused her a lot of problems. Actually, he had been stalking her for a quite long time. It all had started while they had been touring together, he had tried hitting on her but had failed, which had made him beyond furious. That way he had continued to bother Hyuna. She had told Zico that she hadn't pressed charges only because she hadn't wanted to attract any media attention as she had had enough of it already. He had been frightened so he had ceased action but it had obviously been enough to help ruining Hyuna's life.

I tried to comfort my friend but she went on drinking as if the alcohol was capable of deleting all of her mishaps. I was worried she might do something she would regret later considering she was already drunk. I planned on staying with her so that I was sure she would be OK but then my phone rang. My mother was calling. It was the call that  would change me and my whole world entirely.

 - Jessie, your sister... - my mother faintly said with the saddest voice I had ever heard. I started to panic. That couldn't be good news.

 - What? What happened to my sister? - I asked hardly breathing with the panic overwhelming my body and soul.

 - She has had a car accident. - she announced and eventually lost her self-control letting me hear her crying desperately. The hand I was holding the phone with shuddered. I began shivering violently with the fear that built in my heart.

 - What? Where? Is she OK? - I finally found the strength to ask as I felt my cheeks wet. I wiped the tears away hoping I had taken care of them but they continued to fall and fall while I was listening to my crying mother trying my best to believe it was only a nightmare but the pain in my chest wouldn't let me no matter how badly I wanted to.