I'm Not the Monster

Passion Is Our Fate

TOP's POV 
- What?  In coma? But I thought she was out of danger now.
- Yes, there is no danger for her life but that doesn't mean that everything is alright. 
- Then make it alright. That's your job, right? 
- I'm sorry but we can't do anything to help her. The only thing that we can do is wait for her to regain her consciousness. 
- So you're saying that my sister will regain her consciousness sooner or later.
- Yeah, in most of the cases that's what happens.
- Most of... - she repeated in a trebling voice.
- There's a possibility of her never waking up.
- What? What are you talking? She never... tears started rolling down her cheeks. She was her sister and I had destroyed her life too. I hate myself so much for what I had done. I had been visiting the hospital every day for the past three weeks and saw that girl every time I had come. I avoided her and her family as I knew they wouldn't be pleased to see me. I was also shocked by the doctor's words. Inna was in komma.
What did I do? I'm truly a jerk?  I had been drunk but ignoring that fad had decided to drive. How could I be so stupid? What if she had died because of me? The guilt was gnawing me inside. The girl was in coma because of me. And what about her family they must have been through so much pain. I felt like some kind of a monster. I wanted to see her and apologise though I knew my apology wouldn't change anything. I waited for her parents to leave and entered her wand. I was surprised to see that she wasn't alone. There was someone sleeping in the couch beside her bed. When I came closer I recognized her sister sleeping there with a book in her hands. She had shoulder - length hair straight dark brown almost black hair and some small freckles covered her face. She seemed so innocent and pure like an angel. Her western features shined lit by the moonlight that came from the half opened window. My gaze then moved to the girl lying under the white blankets. I immediately recognised her. How could I ever forget her face all in blood behind the windscreen.That face would remain in my mind for the rest of my life. I couldn't help a tear dropping from my left eye. I just stayed there staring at her poisoned by my own mistakes. It should have been me. I was the cause of the car crash. I should've been lying there in pain and unable to wake up. I didn't notice when I started talking out my thoughts.

- I would like to come back to that moment  when I started the engine and freeze like that so that the accident wouldn't happen. Unfortunately, I cannot do that but I promise I'll do everything I can to make up to you. I'll pay the hospital fees, buy you a house, car, everything you want. - then I laughed sadly - It's hilarious that the only thing I can give you is money when I've taken so much from you. Then, I heard the girl on the couch moving. She half opened her eyes obviously still sleepy. 
- This dream is so realistic. I thought I killed you just a moment ago but I don't mind doing it again. Though one or two imaginary deaths won't heal my sister. - she said smiling deviously although she was still half asleep. She must have dreamed of killing me. I didn't blame her. I wouldn't have blamed her even if she had killed me at that moment. I deserved it.- You're right and I'm so sorry. I really should die in the most painful possible way. - I admitted. She seemed shocked by my words and her eyes opened wide. Then she was completely awake.
Jessie's POV
- What? - I shouted in disbelief. The TOP from my dream never said sorry. He was just laughing deviously.  He never felt sorry for what he had done. Why did he changed so suddenly? I was in my sister wand. That meant that I wasn't dreaming anymore. My eyes widened and I finally woke up. Seung hyun stood before me. The one who I had been hunting in my dreams, the one who turned the last two weeks for me and my family into a nightmare. He dared to come here to satisfy his guilt. "God, let me kill him!" was the first thought that occurred. He seemed depressed, which only made me hate him more.
- I sincerely regret what I did. - he said looking at me sadly but it didn't make any change in my heart. I still hated him with my entire existence. 
- You can pun... -  he continued but I didn't let him finish and punched him in the face with my hatred gathered in my fist. Then I repeated it over and over until my hands started bleeding but it didn't ceased my punches. Seung hyun didn't fight back. He simply accepted my fists with that irritatingly sad expression of his.Suddenly he eyed my bleeding fists and grabbed both of my wrists.
- I'm not worth your punches. Don't hurt your beautiful hands because of a duck like me. I'll do it for you. - he said calmly, smiled bitterly and dropped my wrists si thar he was able to clutch them into fists. I thought he was going to hit me but he hit himself instead. I was shocked. What was he doing? He was making me pity him? Did he want me to stop him? Because a part of me wanted to stop it but my hatred was more powerful. I quickly recovered from the shock and started enjoying the scene I was praying for and wanted so badly. After 15 minutes of him punching himself he couldn't move or stand anymore.  He crumbled to the ground and eventually lost consciousness.  I went on watching him with a devious grin. I looked at the mirror which was placed beside the window and saw myself. I looked like an insane lunatic. Then I eyed my still bleeding hands. He comforted me into a monster.
- You're the one to blame for what I am now. - I shouted and kicked his unconscious body before walking out of the room to take care of my hands.