Millimeters

Cotton Candy

She looked up at the clock and read ‘6:00PM’ and nodded her head. She’s just in time. She booted up her laptop and waited for her skype to automatically log in while getting something to drink. She heard the familiar tone of the program signing her in and not a few seconds later, she was already getting a call. She rushed to answer it quickly, tripping and splashing her face with the drink of water in her hands but not caring as she clicked the call with video option.

 

“He-Whoooaaaa, what happened to you? Are you okay?” Came the sweet and worried voice from the other line and she grinned, eyes turning into crescent shapes.

 

“Yeah, I’m fine, I just tripped...” she paused, “And fell for you~~”

 

“Ohmygosh, Seulgi! It’s too early to be cheesy!” the other girl face-palmed herself, trying to hide the blush donning her cheeks. Seulgi laughed.

 

“Sorry, Wan~ You know I can’t resist when it comes to you~and it’s like 6pm here shhh~” She winked and Wendy rolled her eyes but that smile that says she’s loving it still on her face. Seulgi met Wendy online, they were both fangays of the group Velvet Generation. She had stumbled upon Wendy’s twitter which is filled with pictures of her bias Taeyeon, she had followed not thinking much too it and just honestly wanting to see more of Taeyeon’s face in her tlist;Irene was her bias but she noticed there’s a lack of Taeyeon in her timeline. A day later, Wendy had followed her back and had started talking to her; it weirded her out because this girl just can’t stop talking and fangirling and since there’s no harm in making friends, she had replied to her and before you know it, the bear’s daily routine had consisted of talking to this animated girl, not caring about the timezones.

 

“Whatever~” Wendy answered, “So how was your day?” Seulgi shrugged.

 

“You’re the icing and cherry and sprinkles on top of it~”

 

“Seuuuullll~~~~” Wendy whined and Seulgi found it so cute and adorable that she smiled even wider if that’s even possible.

 

“Waaaaaaannn~~~” She mocked and Wendy huffed.

 

“Tell me about your dayyyy~~”

 

“Fine~” Seulgi sighed, “I woke up, I went to school, Joy chokeslammed me, I treated her to ice cream, I ate pringles, I went home…. with you on my mind the whooooollleeeee~~~ Dayyyy~~” She finished and Wendy’s face was as red as a tomato.

 

“Wait, Joy chokeslammed you? And you treat her to ice cream? I don’t get it?”

 

“Eh.. Joy’s like that since we were kids, it’s normal~ She kept on bugging about wanting to meet you.” Seulgi confessed and grinned.

 

“I want to meet her too! What did you say to her? I mean, we could totally skype on the weekend when there’s no classes the next day and we could stay up the whole day talking~” the younger one was so enthusiastic about this that Seulgi almost felt bad for saying,

 

“Hmmm, I told her no.” Wendy’s eyes widened.

 

“Why?! Don’t you want me to meet your best friend?” she pouted.

 

“I do...”

 

“I feel that there’s a ‘but’ there...”

 

“But I want you all for myself. I’m selfish, I know, but I don’t want to share your attention. It should only be mine...unless of course, Taeyeon and Irene are in front of us, then every woman for herself..” She finished and Wendy glared at her.

 

“Yah! You’re seriously going to leave me for Irene?!”

 

“WELL YOU’RE GOING TO LEAVE ME FOR TAEYEON!” Seulgi defended. and Wendy looked like she’s contemplating things.

 

“........that is…..true.”

 

“SEE!!!” Seulgi pointed an accusing finger before they looked at each other intensely for a minute before breaking into grins.

 

“I heard they’ll be having a concert next month! You’re so lucky you live in Korea already, ugh.”

 

“I am but I’m unlucky in some other way.”

 

“In what way?” Wendy asked curiously.

 

“My heart is ‎6580.71 miles away from me.” Seulgi admitted, looking at Wendy’s face longingly that that latter almost had trouble breathing with the intensity of it all.

 

“...........”

 

“Anyway, what’s your agenda for today? You have choir later, right?”

 

“Yeah...” Wendy pouted, “I won’t be able to see you later since you’ll probably be in school by the time I get back home.”

 

“Don’t worry~ I’ll send you a selca of me~” Seulgi glanced at the clock and saw that it’s already 7pm, she sighed before looking back at Wendy with a smile on her face, “you have to get ready, Wan~”

 

“Okay… I--”

 

“Nope!!! We told each other we won’t say it until we see each other in person!” Seulgi objected and Wendy sighed before smiling. Her bear is seriously so cute.

 

“Goodnight, Seul~”

 

“Good morning, my Wan and only~” and just like that, the two lovers ended their skype call. Seulgi sighed as she shut off her laptop and went down to get something to eat.


 


 

 

“UNNNIIIIEEEEEEEEE” Joy pulled Seulgi in a headlock and the latter gasped for air.

 

“JOY!!!!!”

 

“UNNIIIEEE!!!”

 

“JOY!!!!!”

“UNNIEEEEEEEEEE!!!”

 

“WHAT?!” Seulgi decided to end this shouting.

 

“I GOT A SURPRISE FOR YOUUUU~~”

 

“......ohno… what did you do now?...” Joy glared at her.

 

“Why do you always think I did something bad?!”

 

“Last time you said you have a surprise for me, I got into detention and missed my skype date with my lovely girlfriend!”

 

“WHO you still didn’t want me to meet!”

 

“YES! because you’re evil!” Joy smirked.

 

“Well, after seeing my surprise, you’ll totally love me forever~~~”

 

“What is it then?” Seulgi asked as they were walking out of their school and Joy grabbed her arm to make her stop as she looked tapped something on her phone.

 

“This.” Joy shoved her phone in Seulgi’s face and the bear had squinted her eyes to see the picture on the screen before her eyes widened.

 

“No way!”

 

“Yes way!”

 

“NO WAY!”

 

“YES WAY!”

 

“NOOOO WAYYYY!!!!”

 

“YES UNNIE BELIEVE ITTTTTT!!!”

 

“HOW DID???”

 

“I wanted to give it to you as a gift for next month but I can’t wait!”

 

“.......oh...I can’t go...” Joy just about choked on air when she heard that.

 

“WHY? WHAT THE HELL UNNIE, WHO ARE YOU AND WHAT DID YOU DO WITH MY DUMB FRIEND, SEULGI????”

 

“....The date for the concert is 21.”

 

“Yeah, so?”

 

“It’s Wendy’s birthday. I want to skype with her and greet her~”

 

“......you’re so deep into Wendy’s there’s no way out.” Joy state and Seulgi blushed.

 

“S-s-shut up!”

 

“What am I gonna do with you….”

 

 


 

 

“YOU WHAT?!” Wendy had shouted over their skype call and Seulgi had to take off her earphones to see if she’s gone deaf after telling her girlfriend about saying no to Joy’s gift. The younger one hasn’t stopped talking and all Seulgi can see was the fast movement of her love’s lips and she was so engrossed about the thought of what it feels like to kiss it that she didn’t notice Wendy had stopped talking and was motioning with her hands. She blinked and quickly placed back her earphones.

 

“-gi? Seulgi?”

 

“I’m sorry, I spaced out.” Seulgi admitted sheepishly and Wendy sighed.

 

“I thought the connection got lost for a sec.” before she pouted, “how can you space out when you’re talking to me~”

 

“I-it’s not.. I was just... ng...f...st..m..” she mumbled the last part and the younger one had scrunched her eyebrows.

 

“What? Can you repeat that?”

 

“I was thinking about what your lips would feel like against mine.” the bear whispered, cheeks and ears turning red, head bowed down in shyness.

 

“....oh...” Wendy was blushing too and looking everywhere but Seulgi.

 

“...you should go to the concert.” She said after a few minutes of silence and Seulgi’s head whipped so quickly to look at her.

 

“But it’s your birthday! And there’s always going to be another concert that we can watch together...” They looked at each other for some time before Wendy smiled.

 

“Watch that concert. It’s a gift from Joy.”

 

“BUT I WANT TO BE WITH YOU ON YOUR BIRTHDAY!!” Seulgi argued back, eyebrows scrunching up.

 

“I understand, love, but I’ll be busy around that time, remember? I told you that my parents are bringing me somewhere for my birthday month...” Seulgi nodded, she honestly didn’t understand anything after hearing the word love. Wendy had called her pet names before like bear or dumbdumb but never love. So she’s dumbstruck and was having a mental panic when she heard Wendy call her name.

“Seul you better go or else I won’t talk to you!”

 

“WHAT?!” Seulgi couldn’t believe what she’s hearing. Here she is choosing Wendy over seeing Irene performing live and her girlfriend isn’t taking any of it. Seulgi knows Wendy is not dumbdumb but she can’t help but think that maybe she is.

 

“Go. to. the. concert.” Wendy enunciated each word.

 

“But!!!”

 

“Go to the concert, Seulbear~ It’s fine~ Take loads of pictures of Taeyeon for me!~”

 

“Here I am choosing you over my lovely gorgeous perfect Irene and you tell me to go to take pictures of...Taeyeon.” She finished with a straight face and Wendy had to roll her eyes before laughing.

 

“Promise you’ll watch the concert, okay? I don’t think I’ll be able to go online on my birthday anyway~”

 

“Fine, but I will try hard not to enjoy it without you there.”

 

“Okay, love, if you say so.” Wendy smiled, looking lovingly at Seulgi, “I have to leave now, my parents and I are going somewhere~”

 

“Okay… take care?”

 

“For you, always~” and with that, they ended the call and Seulgi whispered ‘I love you’ in her blank screen.



 



 

“Are you ready for the concert tomorrow?” Joy asked a relatively quiet Seulgi who was looking at her phone longingly.

 

“Maybe I shouldn’t go… and just wait for Wendy to go online...”

 

“Aish! This bear is so lovestruck! I thought she said that you should go?”

 

“She did… but it’s her birthday….in a few hours….”

 

“You told me that she’ll never talk to you again if you don’t go to the concert….”

 

“....yeah she did.”

 

“So better go then~ besides, I’ll be with you the wholeeee time!~”


 


 

 

Joy lied. She freaking lied. Here’s Seulgi, already seated in the front row of the Velvet Generation concert with no Joy beside her. She’s glaring at her phone screen that’s open to joy’s message: ‘I’m sorry, unnie! I caught the cold! I can’t go to the concert with you~ Say hi to my bias Yeri for me instead. I’ll know you’ll enjoy this day! <3’. She will murder Joy. She will murder her and throw her dead lifeless body to the ocean for the sharks to feed on.

 

She huffed. This day wasn’t going the way she wanted. She tried to call Wendy earlier but no one answered, so she just left her girlfriend a voice message in their chat singing the girl a happy birthday and sending loads of heart stickers but her girlfriend wasn’t replying to her since last night and she had wondered if she did something wrong.

 

The lights dimmed and she barely registered the person next to her poking her.

 

She should’ve just stayed at home.

 

Poke

 

She will not enjoy this concert.

 

Poke

 

Especially with her annoying seat mate.

 

Poke

 

Wait.. she’s not supposed to have anyone beside her since Joy bailed on her…..

 

Poke

 

She slowly turned her head to the side as she was about to reprimand this nugu poking her when she was met with eyes that sparkle like the brightest of stars and the face that makes the goddess Aphrodite put to shame.

 

“Hey~ Is this seat taken?” the girl smiled and she nodded dumbly. She can’t believe this. Is she dreaming, can someone slap her or something? Aish, where is Joy when she needed someone to chokeslam her to make sure she’s alive and this is real. She never took her eyes off the girl giving her fluttering feelings in her chest and the girl never looked away from her.

 

“I-I-I hoW?” she stuttered, wanting to touch the face the face that shines brighter than the sun but didn’t know if she could. The girl noticed and had grabbed her hand and intertwined their fingers before leaning in and closing the gap between them.

 

“That’s how my lips feel against yours… And your heart is now a few millimeters away from you~”

 

“I love you, Wendy.”

 

“I love you too, Seulgi~” and just like that, Velvet Generation was forgotten even though they were just a few feet away from the artists.

 
 


A/N: this is the online dating AU~
I'm posting this in between Wendy and Seulgi's birthday just because hahaha
If you have AU ideas, just tell me, okay?

Till next time~
Bunneh out~