Everyday

Cotton Candy

To be honest, Wendy meant it in a good way. Since Seulgi had been transferred to the other room with Joy because of their comeback-room-reshuffling-rule, the younger 94-liner had thought of this as an opportunity to ‘Keep the flame alive’  between them. Space is always good in a relationship (that’s nonexistent yet but feelings are already mutual) so Wendy had been keeping her distance with the bear.

 

“Wan, can I sleep beside you tonight?” Seulgi asked as they were getting ready to perform, smiling Wendy’s favorite bear smile. The younger one bit her tongue, stopping the ‘yes of course!’ that’s always been her default answer when Seulgi asks her something. She cleared .

 

“How can you get used to sleeping in your new room if you don’t sleep there?” Seulgi looks taken aback before she pouted.

 

“But I miss sleeping beside you.” She whispered and Wendy almost, almost, gave in. ‘Space’ she thought.

 

“You just slept in the room last night…”

 

“Beside Yeri! Not beside you because you were too busy helping Irene unnie…” It was true…. Wendy did overly fuss over Irene last night, telling the older one that she hasn’t gotten the script for Mubank correctly--which was lies because Irene got it right the first time they practiced--until Seulgi fell asleep beside Yeri who looked at her in question.

 

“Seul, you got to try and get used to the new arrangement~”  she smiled and the bear cocked her head to the side, a smile plastered on her face.

 

“So that’s a no?”

 

“Yes, it’s a No.” She finished as they walked out to the stage to start their performance, missing the eyes filled with longing that the bear had shot her.

 

 



 

Irene had just finished making lunch the next day, calling everybody in their tiny kitchen. Yeri was the first one to come out of the room, grabbing one of the chairs, plateful of food already in front of her, followed by Wendy who had just finished cleaning their room. Joy entered next, grinning at their lovable maknae scarfing the food down before sitting beside her.

 

“Where’s Seul?” The eldest asked.

 

“Unnie’s just waking herself up. She slept realllllyyy late last night.” Joy explained, grabbing Yeri’s plate of food jokingly.

 

“Hmm, that’s kinda… Weird.” Irene finishes, giving Joy and Wendy their share of food and placing Seulgi’s share on her bear plate. Irene was just putting the pans she used on the kitchen when the bear entered, eyes still filled with sleep, plopping down on the sit besides Wendy.

 

“Seul, your sit is there~”

 

“Since when?” Seulgi asked, yawning and head placed comfortably on Seungwan’s shoulder.

 

“Since your plate is there.” Wendy answered, gently pushing the bear to wake up.

 

“I can just--”

 

“Go sit there, Seulgi.” Wendy cut her off, Seulgi looked at Wendy blankly for a moment, sighing before standing up and sitting at the other end of the table, besides Yeri. The bear ate her share quietly.


 

Wendy think she’s making a great effort in their non-existent relationship, making Seulgi want her more and maybe just maybe her slowbear can finally ask her to be hers--they’re heading that way anyway so why not spark it up some more? So the give Seulgi space plan continues.


 

“Hey, unnie, are you and Wendy unnie okay?” The tallest suddenly asked one day as she entered her shared bedroom with Seulgi. The bear stopped playing with her phone, looking up at Joy before giving off a smile.

 

“Why’d you ask?”

 

“Well.. you don’t sleep beside her anymore, you two don’t beside each other, you don’t even act all sweet like before…?” Joy rose her eyebrows, sitting at her bed, crossing her legs and looking at the older one questioningly.

 

“Wendy said I need to get used to sleeping in this new room so I am~”

 

“...........”

 

“........”

 

“.........you’re dumb.” Seulgi just smiles at Joy and was about to continue with playing her games when the taller one continued, “Then why is Wendy unnie always flirting with Irene unnie?”

 

“What do you mean?” Seulgi asked, eyebrows scrunching cutely.


 

“If you’re not stupid then you would’ve noticed Wendy unnie paying more attention to Irene unnie, even Yeri noticed and is really irritated.”

 

“Why is Yeri irritated?”

 

Seriously? You ask me that instead of focusing on the fact that Wendy unnie is showering Irene unnie with attention that’s supposed to be yours?” Joy rolled her eyes, pulling out her phone and showing Seulgi fancams of the hamster caressing, whispering, holding hands, and hugging their leader. She observed the bear’s face the whole time and all she got was a smile.

 

“Wendy’s really sweet, no?” Seulgi commented, grinning, before going back to playing her game. Joy didn’t know how to react to that, she thought that either her unnie’s blind or stupid or maybe both.

 

 



 

Seulgi got hungry around midnight so she decided to go to their kitchen and find something to fill her stomach--specifically something that wouldn’t need to be cooked because let’s face it, she’ll probably burn it anyway. She got the shock of her life when she found someone sitting in the dark on one of the chairs in the kitchen, grumbling lowly to herself as she stabbed the sandwich in front of her.

 

“..Yeri?” Seulgi called out.

 

“Hey, unnie.” Yeri grumbled.

 

“W-what are you doing here?”

 

“I couldn’t sleep.” Seulgi sat beside their maknae, looking worried.

 

“Are you okay? Are you having any probl--”

 

“Wendy unnie and Irene unnie are sleeping beside each other.” Seulgi blinked.

 

“....and how does that--”

 

“Irene unnie should be sleeping beside me not her.”

 

“Oh.” Seulgi scrunched her eyebrows in confusion, not really having any idea why Wendy sleeping beside Irene is making Yeri irritated.

 

“Forget about it.” The youngest sighed, already knowing that the older one doesn’t realize what she just insinuated. Silence engulfed them for a while before Seulgi run her hands through Yeri’s hair.

 

“You can sleep beside me if you want? Maybe it’ll help?” Yeri stared at the bear before shrugging and pulling the older one towards her old room. Least to say, two of the members were not happy seeing the squirtle snuggled up to pikachu and looking like they’re very comfortable. Too comfortable if you ask them.

 

 


 

 

They were at the radio station, guesting  for A night Like Tonight and finally, Seulgi had realized that Wendy’s attention for the past days wasn’t on her. It only took Wendy saying ‘no’ to her when she asked her if she wants to go out to watch a movie to make her realize that Joy was right all along. It irked her inside plus the fact that Wendy is looking at Irene while singing didn’t help.

 

“Ooh, Girl, come and light me up~~” Wendy was supposed to be looking at her. She was supposed to be the girl lighting Wendy up. She smiled and kept on smiling the whole radio show while Irene and Wendy kept continuing their antics. The Dj, Yewon unnie, smiled at her, asking her a question that she had quickly answered, shooting her cute bear smile at the dj which made the unnie blush.

 

They were playing one of their songs and Seulgi was singing along it, looking at Joy and Yeri who were whispering at each other. She shrugged, not really caring because hers and Wendy’s favorite part of the song is coming close and they would always sing it. She looked to her left, mouthing the lyrics, and stopped short as she saw Irene caressing Wendy’s chin and the latter looking at their unnie happily. She subtly rolled her eyes at the two as she looked away, catching DJ Yewon’s questioning smile. She shrugged and gave her a grin as an answer which made the DJ giggle in her seat.

 

“Cute.”

 

“What.”

“What” Joy and Wendy suddenly asked, looking at Seulgi curiously. The bear looked at them, confused.

 

“What what?”

 

“What’s cute?” Yeri asked and Seulgi finally understood that she had said the word out loud.

 

“Dj Yewon unnie is cute~” Seulgi grinned, being the honest bear she is, pointing at the red-cheeked DJ.

 

“She is~ Yewon unnie is really pretty~” Yeri agreed, making the DJ blush some more. Seulgi laughs, the feeling of irkness disappearing as she teased the DJ some more while they’re still off-air, missing the glare that Wendy was shooting her that lasted till the end of the show.

 

“It’s only a few minutes till we say goodbye~” Yewon announced and Joy and Yeri suddenly made heart hands with each other while Irene and Wendy made big hearts over their head. Seulgi looked around, making half a heart over her head which the hamster noticed and quickly completed. It only took a second  before she was back to making big hearts with Irene again. Seulgi scoffed, placing her big half heart down and staring as Irene and Wendy made heart hands. She got irritated and moved her hand and split the heart in the middle only for Wendy to place it back again, all smiles at the camera. Seulgi squinted her eyes, huffing, before noticing the DJ looking at her.

 

She didn’t think.

 

She stood up, a smile gracing her lips, walking towards the DJ, her right hand already making half a heart. Yewon laughed as Seulgi bended over, left arm around her shoulders, pulling her a bit closer, faces almost touching.

 

“C’mon unnie~” The bear cajoled and Yewon can’t help but oblige, making a half a heart with her left hand and connecting it to Seulgi’s, completing the heart hands. They all laughed except for one.

 


 

They left the studio a few minutes later, saying their thank you’s and goodbye’s to the staff their. Seulgi said goodbye to Yewon and told her to visit their company sometimes and Seul will give her a tour which the latter had giggled and agreed. Around this point in time, Wendy’s eyes were already twitching.

 

“Yerim~~~ Wait for meeee~~” Irene jogged, coat half-worn, as she tried to catch up to the youngest who was already entering the van without a glance at their uoldie unnie. Joy rolled her eyes and looked at the 94 liners before sighing.

 

“I’ll sit in front then.” She announced, already motioning for thei manager to go faster. Seulgi was humming lowly, a smile gracing her lips as she walked towards their van.

 

“Today has been fun~” she opened up and Wendy, who was walking beside her had rolled her eyes, mumbling incoherent words that mostly stand along the lines of “stupid dumb flirty bear.” Seulgi looked at the pouting hamster, “What did you say?”

 

“.....I said, I can tell you had fun.” Wendy grumbled.

 

“Yeah I did~”

 

“You seem fond of Yewon unnie.”

 

“Isn’t she cute?~” Seulgi grinned and Wendy scoffed.

 

“I’m definitely cuter.”

 

“She’s so fun~~”

 

“I’m more fun.”

 

“Yes you are….You’re always more fun, more cute, more beautiful than any other person, but i guess you have Irene unnie to be more fun with~” Seulgi confessed, entering the van and placing her earphones on, leaving a stunned Wendy speechless as the ride back to the dorm was filled with silence from everyone.

 

 


 

 

Yeri had quickly walked towards the room followed by a flusteredly worried Irene once they got inside their dorm. Joy had sighed and walked on over to her sahred room mumbling something like ‘joysus christ’ under her breath. Seulgi went to the kitchen to get something to drink before getting ready for bed, she didn’t notice the lurking person following her around until said person bumped into her back, making the glass of water almost topple over her hands.

 

“Sorry!”

 

“It’s okay, Wan, it didn’t fall or anything.”

 

“No, not about that.” Seulgi raised her eyebrows, confusion written all over her face.

 

“What are you sorry fo-”

 

“You’re more fun than Irene unnie.”

 

“Huh?”

 

“I was being stupid. I shouldn’t have done what I did--”

 

“What did you--”

 

“Aish, even Irene unnie’s having problems because she agreed to also act out my plan--”

 

“I don’t--”

 

“Sleep beside me?” Wendy asked, eyes turning round and begging and Seulgi choked.

 

“Sure?”

 

“Sleep beside me everyday.”

 

“But what about getting used to the new room arrangements?” Wendy shook her head, biting her lip before taking in a deep breath and tip-toeing forward. Warm softness meeting another, teeth grazing and lips melting. And no words were neeed to be said as their eyes met and their hearts beats the same rhytm.

 

“I’ll sleep beside you everyday.”

 
 

A/N: This was so random and unplanned and I haven't watched this specific radio show so I just winged it.lolololol
but i did see gifs of my poor seulbear not having heart hands with anyone and DJ Yewon unnie is realllyyy cute imo. hahahahahahaha