Whisper Challenge

Cotton Candy

They planned this for weeks. It was tedious and involved a whole lot of Yeri and Joy thinking of ways to do this. It was for the better, they keep saying.

 

Irene was clipping her camera to the tripod and adjusting it. Joy was helping with the lighting--finding the perfect angle and brightness for today’s shoot while Yeri was making sure that their props for today are all set and ready.

 

“Where are they?” Joy asked, finally finished with her task.

 

“Wendy texted that they’ll be here in a few minutes. Is everything ready?”

 

“Yes, Irene unnie!~” Yeri grinned placing the last piece of prop on the table.

 

“Alright, you two, sit there so I can adjust the camera correctly.” Irene waved and just like routine, the two sat on their space, whispering at each other about their plans before looking back at Irene.

 

“Will you be joining us today, unnie?”

 

“Hmmm, depends… what do you have plan?”

 

“We’re gonna play a game!” Irene’s eyes lit up at that word,

 

“What’s the price?”

 

“Satisfaction.”

 

“Bo~ring! Is that all to it? That’s very unlike you.” She squinted her eyes at the two younger ones before giving an ‘ok’ sign to say that the camera was focused perfectly. The two younger girls looked at each other then back at Irene before grinning.

 

“Oh~ you’ll love this one, unnie.” before Irene could even ask what the evil grin on Yeri’s face means, the door suddenly opened.

 

“Hi guys, sorry we’re late! We brought donuts and drinks!” Wendy showed the donut box she’s holding followed by Seulgi carrying bottles of cider on one hand and a blue jansport bag on the other.

 

“Wan, you forgot your things~”

 

“Oh!” the smaller one made a move to get the things but Seulgi put up a hand,

 

“I’ll place it there. You already have a lot of things you’re carrying.”

 

“So do you?” Seulgi just shrugged before walking over to the table and placing everything there quickly followed by Wendy who did the same.

 

“You girls ready to shoot?”

 

“Just...one..sec..” Wendy mumbled, fixing Seulgi’s collar before caressing the latter’s cheek and whispering “perfect” before walking over to the others.

 

“Alright, is everyone ready?” Irene asked, checking the camera focus one last time, “3,2,1-- Action!”

 

“Hi everyone! Welcome to Joy and Yeri’s corner!” the two youngest began, waving and making cute faces at the camera. “Today, we have some special guests as you can see~”

 

“Hello everyone, Wendy here~”

 

“And I’m Seulgi!” the bear saluted.

 

“You’ve dubbed them as the clueless and the brainless! And we know why~” Joy gave a wink at the camera.

 

“YAH!” Came the shout from the two older girls.

 

“For today, we’ll be playing a game!~ Aren’t you excited, Joy unnie?”

 

“Definitely excited, Yeri!”

 

“What are we playing?” Wendy asked, getting hyped as well.

 

“Do you guys know the whisper challenge?” Joy asked, eyes glinting. Seulgi clapped her hand in excitement.

 

“I do! I do!”

 

“Great! So that’s what we’ll play and since there are only four of us, we’ll be dividing ourselves up into two.”

 

“Okay~”

 

“Wendy unnie and Seulgi unnie are of course partners~” Yeri winked at the camera.

 

“Here’s the headset, it’s already playing some music~ We’ll play first, is that okay?” Joy asked and the two older one’s nodded.

 

“And and just for fun, we’ll be using english sentences or phrases for this!”

 

“What!!” Seulgi looks bewildered and everyone laughed.

 

“Don’t worry unnie, you can do it!”

 

“Okay, let’s start!” Joy placed the headset on and Yeri got the fish bowl filled with folded papers. She grabbed one and showed it to the camera before starting.

 

“Joy. and. Yeri’s. You.tube!” the youngest enunciated each word.

 

“Oi. an. Eh-ri uwu???” Joy guessed. Yeri shaked her head and repeated the words again while Wendy and Seulgi we’re already laughing so much.

 

“Joy!”

 

“OI?”

 

“Joy!” Yeri pointed to the older one.

 

“Joy!”

 

“AND!”

 

“End?” Yeri nodded her head vigorously.

 

“Ye-ri!”

 

“Airy?”

 

“Ye! Ri!” the youngest pointed to herself.

 

“YERI!”

 

“You- tube”

 

“Ah!” Joy clapped her hands once.

 

“Joy and Yeri’s youtube!”

 

“YASSSSS!!!!!!”

 

“Alright! Your turn you two!” Joy excitedly placed the headset onto Wendy who was still laughing. Seulgi grinned, mumbling ‘cute’ while watching the still giggling Wendy adjust the headset. Yeri pushed the fish bowl towards the bear, urging her to get a folded paper already.

“Ready?” Joy asked after a moment of Seulgi trying to read the content.

 

“Okay… I don’t understand any of this though?”

 

“That’s totally okay unnie! Just do your best~” Yeri grinned.

 

“Ready?” Joy asked again and Seulgi nodded, looking straight into Wendy’s eyes.

 

“Do”

 

“You”

 

“Do”

 

“YOU”

 

“DO YOU”

 

“TO YOU”

 

“DO YOU”

 

“...” Wendy scrunched her eyebrows in thought, lips moving a bit before her eyes widened in delight, “HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU?”

 

“No!!!” Seulgi made an ‘x’ with her arms. “DO. YOU. WANT. TO. GO. OUT. WITH. ME?”

 

“...WHAT? THAT’S TOO LONG!” the smaller one exclaimed and Seulgi just repeated the sentence again. Irene looked at the two youngest in front of the camera with shock whereas the said two were already grinning from ear to ear and even wiggling their eyebrows while looking at the camera.

 


 

Five minutes passed and Wendy was still trying to guess the sentence which is always wrong every time.

 

“DO. YOU. WANT. TO. GO. OUT. WITH. ME?”

 

“YOU DO ONE TWO LOW OUT WIN PEA”

 

“DO YOU W--”

 

“AiSH!” Wendy took off her headset irritatedly.

 

“--ANT TO GO OUT WITH ME”

 

“W-what?”

 

“Do you want to go out with me?” There was silence in the whole room. Wendy was looking at Seulgi with wide eyes.

 

“I..is that a question?” Seulgi cocked her head to the side.

 

“Yes?” Wendy looked at Joy and Yeri.

 

“Is she really--? Did you--?” Joy and Yeri nodded. Wendy looked back at Seulgi with such a happy smile before answering in english, “Of course, I’ll go out with you, Seul~” The bear looked like she doesn’t know what’s happening and looked around in confusion.

 

“Congrats Seulgi unnie~” Joy grinned evilly.

 

“You just asked Wendy unnie out and she said yes!” Yeri mimicked Joy’s smile and Seulgi looks like she’s about to faint either from shock or the thought that Wendy said yes to going out with her.

 



A/N: here's a really short one to compensate for the last chapter's bordering angst(but imo it's open-ended so you know, Wendy maybe DID stay or well... hehehe)

BYE