Cough

Cotton Candy

It started of as a relatively good day for Seulgi but here she is now, looking at the wide eyed face of her neighbor while she lay on her neighbor’s carpeted floor, also looking quite shock herself.

 

Someone kill her. Now. Please.


 



 

Seulgi woke up a little later than usual as always and she had scrambled to get ready as quickly as she can. Yoona’s gonna kill her for being late for work but it’s not like she had ever been on time before. Besides, Yeri’s probably there already helping the eldest out.

 

She got ready as quick as her clumsy self can get and double-checked things she needs to bring before walking out of her apartment, glancing at the neighbor’s door.

 

Her cute neighbor.

 

Her cute neighbor who gave her freshly baked bread the first day she moved in.

 

It was weird not seeing her this time since her neighbor usually leaves the same time she does. Before you think about anything, no, she does not purposely leave around this time just to get a smile from her neighbor. Or a hi. Or maybe a conversation about things and maybe trying to have the courage to ask cute neighbor to maybe watch a movie or dinner of some sort.

 

Definitely not.


 

She sighed before finishing locking the door and walking towards the exit of their apartment building. She swore she heard some kind of cough but it may be her imagination.


 




 

“KANG SEULGIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII”

 

“Uh-oh” she mumbled, getting ready for the next words that’s definitely gonna be said.

 

“YOU ARE LATE!!! AGAIN!!! DO YOU NOT CARE ABOUT THE BUSINESS MOM AND DAD LEFT US??? ALL YOU DO IS SLEEP AND SLEEP! I DON’T EVEN KNOW WHY I LET YOU MOVE OUT OF THE HOUSE IF YOU’RE STILL THIS--”

 

“Yoona, here’s your tea. The new stocks of arrivals are already listed down, the finances are fixed, everything is paid for now. Relax, Seulgi’s our graphic designer so really, she can even work from home at this point, her studio is there anyway.” Seohyun, Yoona’s fiance, bless her beautiful soul, had quickly interrupted, followed by Yeri--hers and Yoona’s youngest sister.

 

“But, Hyuuuuunnnn~”

 

“Drink your tea, Yoong.”

 

“Okaaaayy...” Yoona mumbled sipping said tea on her hands. Seulgi smirked before mumbling ‘whipped’ under her breath.

 

“Anyway, Seul~ can you give me the new designs for our winter campaign?” Seohyun asked and the bear nodded her head, walking towards the back of their shop boutique.

 

“I made them till late last night. Where’s Joy? She said she’ll be here to hand the pictur--” a bump, a rattle, and a crash shocked the two girls out of their seat. There, in front of them, is Joy along with their model, Irene, on top of her, sprawled on the floor.

 

There was this long pause of shocked silence between the four of them before Seohyun cleared . Joy and Irene quickly stood up, faces red and eyes looking everywhere else.

 

“Joy did you bring the pictures Seulgi needs?” The eldest asked, ignoring what just happened...But not Seulgi. Noooooo, she would not let Joy off the hook so easily. This is payback for all the times her friend had childishly shouted ‘YIIIII’ and ‘SEULGI REALLY LIKES YOU’ whenever she and her neighbor would wave goodbye to each other in front of their boutique.

 

“Yes, Seohyun! H-here it is!” Joy fumbled over to get the envelope out of her bag before handing it to a cute but evilly grinning bear. The two friends met eyes and it’s like Joy knew already. She was silently begging but Seulgi only grinned wider.

 

“So.. you and Irene, huh? What were you doing in the closet?” she said it so loud that the second thing you know, Yoona and Yeri were pushing each other hurriedly to get in the room.

 

“WE FINALLY CAUGHT THEM!” the two sisters high-fived each other.

 



 

After the incident earlier, the girls were back onto concentrating on their work. They were expanding their business to other bigger cities and Seulgi was in charge of the marketing and advertising plan. Not to mention that she needs to make the packaging of their new product line with the help of Joy but here she is, alone, because the latter had excused herself to drive her girlfriend back home, promising to return quickly.

 

“I’m not gonna let her live down what happened. I will make sure she remembers it at random times when she least expects it. I will tell it to her other friends, to her mother, to her father, even to her grandmother, and to her future children. She will die with that legacy on how we found out that she and Irene are really dating..” the bear mumbled, aggressively clicking on her keyboard and mouse while trying to work on her projects.

 

“Still mad about Joy having a girlfriend?” her sister suddenly asked, sitting next to her and handing her a milkshake.

 

“No! Why would I be jealous of that,Yer? I’m only mad because she left instead of helping with this project.”

 

“You know, Seul, if you just finally ask that cute neighbor of yours out then you and Joy can happily be stupid in love together.” Seulgi looked at her sister with either disgust or skepticism before deciding to just ignore that comment and going back to work.

 

“Speaking of your neighbor… why didn’t I see her earlier? She usually walks to the bus station in the corner road, right?”

 

“I didn’t see her earlier. It’s weird, we usually leave the same time but I guess she went earlier today? I don’t know.” Yeei looked like she was deep in thought.

 

“Didn’t you knock to see if she was there?”

 

“....no? Why would I?” She asked, eyes not leaving the monitor screen.

 

“To see if she’s there or if she’s okay.”

 

“Why wouldn’t she be okay?”

 

“I don’t know? Maybe she didn’t get to wake up on time and she’ll be late for work. Or maybe there’s a serial killer inside her apartment that’s why she can’t leave her unit.” The clicking and typing stopped as Seulgi slowly turned her head to look at her sister with a blank expression.

 

“Does Yoona know you still keep on watching those thriller movies she banned in the house?” Yeri smiled, her eyes twinkling with mischief. Seulgi sighed going back to work.

 

“Well, Seulgi, it’s not that impossible you know? There are a lot of psychopaths in the world. I’m just saying possibilities!”

 

Seulgi ignored Yeri all day.


 

It was a little later than usual when she arrived back at her apartment building. Joy took a while to get  back to the shop which in turn made their workload pile up and longer to finish. She sighed, going up the stairs, the paper bag containing her take away dinner swinging slightly with her every move.

 

She was just passing by her cute neighbor’s door when she heard a loud scream of pain followed by some coughing and more intense coughing. Everything Yeri said earlier came crashing in her brain.

 

‘There are a lot of psychopaths in the world’

 

Her eyes widened and she panicked, dropping her food, and quickly trying to open the door and knocking. When no one answered, she decided to just try and open the door by smashing her shoulders into it like in the movies she watched. She took a few steps back for momentum before running full speed towards the door.

 

But.

 

The door opened before she could smash into it.

 

Her momentum was too fast that she didn’t get to halt in time and she collided with the back of the couch, rolled on over the seat, and fell sprawled on the floor. The silence was deafening afterwards as she and her neighbor had a shocked staring contest before the latter started coughing again. Seulgi quickly stood up and fixed herself, looking around the room.

 

“You’re alone?” she asked.

 

“.....Yes? Why wouldn’t I be?” her neighbor fixed the blanket wrapped around her body.

 

“I thought a psychopath was with you and choking you to your death!”

 

“....what...” another cough and a sniff, “Seulgi, are you okay?” followed by more coughing . The bear frowned and walked on over to her neighbor.

 

“Are YOU okay, Wendy?” she helped her neighbor sit down on the couch she just fell on over just a few moments ago. Wendy had quickly laid sideways once her had hit the softness of the couch.

 

“I have the flu. You shouldn’t be here, you might get infected.” she mumbled, pulling the blanket wrapped around her a little bit higher as her eyes drooped a bit. Seulgi frowned some more before mumbling,

 

“So that’s the reason I didn’t get to see you today.” Wendy smiled a bit, eyes looking at her neighbor’s face.

 

“But you get to see me now and I get to see you too.”

 

“I guess I’ll ask you out some other time.”

 

“What”

 

“What”

 

“You just--”

 

“Have you eaten yet?” Seulgi asked, ears turning a bit red, and remembering the food she dropped earlier. Not waiting for an answer, she quickly walked back outside and picked up the paper bag and went it, closing the still open door in the process. She checked if the food is still okay before plopping down on the floor in front of Wendy and pulling out the containers of take out. “I hope you like kimbap. Here, I’ll feed you. Say ahhh~” she placed the chopsticks with kimbap in front of Wendy’s mouth.

 

“.....”

 

“Why aren’t you eating? You don’t like?” Seulgi pouted a bit and Wendy giggled before it turned into coughing fits which made the bear panic before helping the latter to sit up.

 

“I can’t believe I’m finally having dinner with you… I imagined it somewhat different, mostly with me not being sick and wearing something that looks good on me and not wrapped up like a burrito.” she laughed then coughed then sniffed. Seulgi, honest to God, has no idea what her neighbor meant, she’s just worried about Wendy coughing so badly and it shows on how her face scrunched up and eyebrows formed in worry, the younger one had noticed and smiled at the bear. “Don’t worry about me. I’ll be fine soon.”

 

“You won’t be if you don’t eat!”

 

“Ahhh~~” Seulgi’s eyes went wide and quickly placed the food in her neighbor’s mouth.

 

“There, see, now I’ll get better soon.” Wendy mumbled in between chews. Seulgi cocked her head to the side cutely before giving her neighbor a breath-taking bear smile.

 

“Then we can go out for some real dinner?”

 

“Yes.” Seulgi grinned some more, eyes disappearing as she continued to feed the coughing and sniffing Wendy some more kimbap.



 



A/N: Hellloooooooo
I'm sorry this is kinda lame idk. hahaha
BUY RUSSIAN ROULETTE ON ITUNES <3