Flower

Cotton Candy

It was a relatively good day in March. The sun was shining down on the snow that had fallen last night, making it glisten in the light. It’s not too cold either, the first sign of greens can be seen on the trees and some flowers are beginning to sprout from the ground, signs that spring is just around the corner. Two girls were seen walking towards the bus stop going to the outskirts of the city, laughing and playfully nudging each other.

 

“So, where are we going?” the smaller one asked as they stopped underneath the roof of the bus stop. The taller one smiled before shrugging.

 

“It’s a secret~”

 

“Oh, c’mon, Seul! Tell meeee~”

 

“Hmmmm, later~” Seulgi winked before grabbing hold of Wendy’s hands and intertwining their fingers together, holding the shocked and  blushing one tightly. Wendy felt like her heart might win a race by how fast it’s beating. She glanced up shyly at the bear and caught that small eyes smiling back at her which made her flush some more but smile as she tucked a stray hair behind her ear in shyness.

 

 


 

Seulgi met Wendy around this time a year ago. Flowers were just blooming and the trees were just getting greener as the bear walked into her first class for the new semester in uni. She was happily humming and twirling her pencil as she sat on one of the chairs by the third level inside the room. It was still relatively early so only a few students have been present in the class. She decided to doodle on her notebook while waiting for the professor to arrive. It only took a minute for her to sketch a roughly detailed face when she heard someone take a seat beside her.

 

“That looks great!” Seulgi looked at the person who just complimented her drawing skills and smiled as she was met with brown eyes and a radiant face.

 

“Thanks~”


“No problem~ It really looks good~” Seulgi blushed, scratching her cheeks as she mumbled another thank you and the girl giggled.

 

“I’m Wendy by the way~ You don’t mind me sitting next to you, right?”

 

“My name’s Seulgi~ And no, I don’t mind at all!” She grinned and just like that the two clicked like perfect pieces of a puzzle.


 



 

They were sitting at the bus now, shoulders pressed together and hands still intertwined as they chatted and talked about things that are important and not so important. They were like that. Conversations between them can go from what flavour of cake is the best--red velvet, they both agreed to this-- to how the universe is created--- “The bigbang!” “Apes!” “But you’re a bear though.” “....Bigbang it is”-- and back to flavour of cakes again.

 

Wendy glanced at her friend after warm silence enveloped them and Seulgi had started humming while looking out the window. She looked at every curve, every line, the way Seulgi’s eyes are shaped, the way her ears poke out of her hair, she observed it all and had memorized it millions of times already. She smiled, burying her nose on the bear’s arm and whispering ‘Seulgi’ under her breath while her heart shouted the name out. She’s totally smitten.



 

Wendy didn’t know when it happened, all she knew was that one day, she found herself glancing at Seulgi, touching the bear way too long for someone who’s just friends, staring at her with eyes that can sail a thousand seas, and longing to hold her in her arms a bit more longer than required.


 

“Seul?” Wendy called out as they were in Seulgi’s bedroom with the latter’s head on her lap, reading a book so close to her face.

 

“Hmm?”

 

“...Nothing..” Seulgi placed the book down and stared up at Wendy, reaching out and poking the latter’s cheek.

 

“Tell me~”

 

“...it’s not important~” another poke on her cheeks.

 

“Just tell me~” Seulgi had sat up, leaving her oh-so comfortable position to look at her friend face to face. “Tell me~” Wendy sighed and looked away.

 

“Have you… have you ever liked someone?” she asked before groaning and placing both her hands on her face in an attempt to cover up the redness tainting it. The bear had cocked her head to the side in question, slowly processing the words that just left Seungwan’s mouth. “Ah, forget it! It’s just me being crazy!”

 

“I do” Seulgi answered after a moment, looking intensely at Wendy that the hamster doesn’t know if she should look away or be even more mesmerized. “And you?”

 

“uhm, I-- yes.” She answered, staring back at the bear with the same intensity and it’s like something has shifted from inside of them as they smiled at each other. A shimmer of a seed of a flower starting to grow between them.

 




 

They just went down the bus as Wendy looked around her surroundings and widening her eyes at the realization before looking at a smiling Seulgi.

 

“Really?”

 

“Really~” and she feels like she’s on cloud 9, looking around her, the scenery was filled with hues of brown, pink, and white. Seulgi held on to her tighter, pulling her gently to start walking, hands intertwined and hearts connected, the wind whispering a gentle love song as cherry blossoms fall on the ground.

 

“It’s so beautiful!”

 

“I’ve seen much more beautiful things.” The bear mumbled, looking at Wendy with eyes that can light up the night sky. The younger one blushed, hiding her face behind the bear’s shoulder, her insides warming up at the words. The two walked a bit more and stopped to sit down on one of the familiar benches, Wendy’s head automatically leaning on Seulgi’s left shoulder, arms locked, and hands still not letting go. They stayed in a quiet trance, basking in each other’s presence while embracing the enchanting vision in front of them.


 

It was nice and Wendy had remembered the first time they went here, a little over half a year after they met. It was a week before classes started and the bear had asked her to go to a festival where there will be fireworks, games, and food. It was a date in her mind as she recalled Seulgi picking her up from her dorm and walking together, hand in hand towards the same bus stop they were earlier. It was a different scenery then, they arrived at the festival a little over four pm,the grass was green and fresh, the sun wasn’t shining so bright and the sky was just hinting the tiniest orange.

 

They walked around, trying out everything, playing every game with Seulgi winning them a big white teddy bear that she gave to Wendy.

 

“I’ll call her Seulbear and she will be our kid.” she had blurted out and her eyes widened at the realization. Seulgi laughed at her and patted the bear’s head.

 

“She has your cheeks and my eyes. She’s perfect.” and it was Wendy’s turn to laugh as she nodded her head in approval, looking at Seulbear affectionately and caressing the stuffed toy’s eyes.

 

They had walked a bit more before settling on the bench overlooking the sky covered mostly in beautiful pinks of cherry blossoms as they ate their ice creams happily with Seulbear placed on Seungwan’s lap. They talked and laughed and tasted each other’s ice cream, blissfully holding hands and loving each other not-so-secretly. A gentle gust of wind blew by them and the two had found their eyes closing, Wendy’s head dropping on Seulgi’s shoulder and the latters head on top of the hamsters.

 

They woke up minutes later with the perfect view of the sun already setting, orange hues blending perfecly with the blues and their surroundings being engulfed in a beautiful darkness as the sun was replaced by the moon and the stars started appearing.

 

“It’s beautiful, isn’t it?” Seulgi asked and Wendy nodded, not taking her eyes off of the sight in front of her.

 

“It is.”

 

“I’m not talking about the sky, I’m talking about you.” Wendy’s head turned to look at Seulgi, brown eyes searching brown eyes as they were filled with colors and emotions that Wendy was too into deep with. The seed in between them blooming enough and sprouting leaves filled with unsaid words and affections.

 

 




Seulgi bumped shoulders with her, getting her out of her little trance. She smiled shyly at the bear and looked up to see more cherry blossoms filling the sky. She sighe happily, cuddling closer to Seulgi’s arm.

 

“It’s almost spring time~”

 

“Yes it is~”

 

“Do you remember?”

 

“What?”

 

“About a year ago, it’s the first time we met!~” Seulgi exclaimed happily. Wendy smiled. How can she forget that? Forget how she met the one who touches her heart in every possible way imaginable? Impossible.

 

“Of course I remember, Seul~” She nuzzled her face in the crooks of Seulgi’s neck, inhaling the tangerine sent that’s so familiar to her.

 

“It’s unforgettable for me, Wan. You know why?” Wendy was now looking at Seulgi with a smile on her face.

 

"Why?"

 

“I’ve found the person that makes flowers grow in my heart, the person that makes me the spring time...” Seulgi paused, looking at Wendy with a smile that says a thousand words and eyes that could create universes that can tangle them together, “You’re the flower that blooms in my spring time of a heart. The flower that makes me warm inside. The flower that I will protect and love and help to bloom more beautifully if let be...” Seulgi scracthed her nape, suddenly feeling shy but eyes still locked with the younger one, “What I’m saying is.. I love you.” They gazed at each other, eyes unblinking,  nerves unclenching, hearts connecting. And Wendy smiled brightly.

 

“I love you too, Seul.” and Seulgi smiled, the two leaning in, slowly and carefully, lips touching, and it’s like the seed, the leaves, now with a flower that has been filled with their unspoken words, lingering almost confessions, that has been shying in between them had bloomed. The spring time loving this specific flower the best.

 

 

 

 

 


A/N: This is based of on Wendy's and Eric's Spring Love song...
And if you follow me on twitter, you know that this is me coping...
You also might know that I've been raging over that MV.
I can already imagine Seulgi singing "That should be me" under her blanket as she tries to hold back her tears.
Anyway, here are some of my screencps of that MV. The MV was great tbh.
I totally did not edit this.