Juice

Cotton Candy

She looked at herself in the mirror for the upteenth time that hour, making sure that her hair is as perfect as can be, that her make-up is not smudging, and that her dress and heels are folded and clipped in the right places. She decided to wear her favorite citrine princess cut stud earrings and the necklace that matches her orange rose corsage for a color pop in her all black ensemble. She stared at the other box beside her corsage before shrugging and picking it up along with the bouquet of flowers that she had ordered earlier that day.

 

“Ms. Seulgi, are you ready? The car is already parked outside.” Came a voice from behind the door to Seulgi’s room.

 

“I’ll be right there, ahjumma.” Seulgi called out as she quickly grabbed her purse and checked herself in the mirror one last time before heading out of her room and out the door of their house.

 

“Good evening, Ms. Kang. Are you ready for prom?” The driver asked as he smiled and opened the door to the backseat of the car. Seulgi gave him her signature bear smile before replying.

 

“As ready as I’ll ever be.”

 


 

They arrived at SM High ten minutes later and the driver had quickly went out and ran to open the car door to let Seulgi out.

 

“ahh, ahjussi, you didn’t have to!” Seulgi looked at their driver a bit embarrassed at being treated like a princess.

 

“I can’t just let the daughter of the biggest broadcasting company in the whole of Korea be treated lesser than royalty! Your father would not let it.” The driver half-joked. Seulgi rolled her eyes at him.

 

“I’ll have a talk with daddy later about that...” she mumbled as she waved a goodbye to the driver and entered the hotel where their school prom is being held. She was met with dim lights and loud music playing along with some of her schoolmates dancing in the middle of the dance floor. She scanned the room once, her eyes pausing at a certain place for a bit, before looking away.

 

“Unnie!” Someone was waving at a table beside where Seulgi’s eyes had paused a moment earlier. She smiled and quickly made her way towards the waving idiot she calls her friend.

 

“Hey, Joy.” she greets as she sat down on one of the chairs on their table.

 

“Hey unnie~ I chose the right seat, didn’t I?” The younger one gave Seulgi a mischievous smile with eyes twinkling with mirth. The older one blushed and looked down on the table. So much for being cool today. A girl suddenly joined them and stared at Seulgi teasingly.

 

“You should give that to her already.” the girl said.

 

“B-but Irene unnie...”

 

“Didn’t you specifically order that for her?”

 

“.......yes.”

 

“You two are so stupid.” Joy piped up and the two older ones glared at her. “I didn’t mean you, Irene unnie. I meant Seulgi and her crush that obviously likes her back!”

 

“S-she doesn’t! Shut up!” the bear had blushed some more.

 

“Just give it to her Seul~” Irene bumped her shoulder with Seulgi’s. The latter sighed and nodded. Better give it now than not give it at all. Seulgi stood up and took in a deep breath before walking towards the next table. With every step, her legs felt like jelly. Her crush was surrounded by friends, not to mention the large pile of flower bouquets beside said crush that the whole student body crushing on her probably gave. As Seulgi steps closer, she wonders why she has to have a crush on the most popular girl in school.

 

Oh, yeah.

 

It was because of that charming smile, beautiful face, kind character, ravenclaw brain,heavenly voice, and mostly because Seulgi feels like herself when she’s with her.

 

Thinking about that had given her a boost of calmness that she needs as of this moment because said crush had just noticed her presence and is looking at her and smiling so radiantly that Seulgi thinks she might get blinded by the beauty of it all.

 

“Hi, Seulgi.”

 

“Hi, Wendy.” the bear greeted back, quickly feeling at ease but still with her heart beating rapidly at the ethereal beauty and kindness that is Wendy Son.

 

“You look great!” Seulgi blushed at the compliment and had stuttered out a reply,

 

“Y-you look breath-taking as always.” She mumbled. Seulgi swore she saw Wendy blush but it was a bit too dim to even be sure. She cleared , tightening her grip on the bouquet of flowers in her hands, “uhm..I-I noticed you already received tons of flowers,” she side-eyed the bouquets beside Wendy, “But I hope you don’t mind another one.” Seulgi finished as she handed her set of flowers- different shades of roses: pink, orange, white, and red surrounded two white lilies and violets flower in the middle. Wendy stared at the beautiful bouquet in awe and shock.

 

“T-thank you.” she mumbled as she got the bouquet from Seulgi with their hands lightly brushing against each other.

 

“N-no problem….” Seulgi smiled before noticing something, “you don’t have a corsage?” Wendy’s eyes widened as she looked at her wrists.

 

“O-oh. I just.. I mean, I went with my friends to prom as you can see...” said friends were giggling at the cuteness of the two, “so I didn’t think it was necessary….. but now that you mentioned it, I’m kinda the only one without any...”

 

“I have one.”

 

“I can see that...” Wendy said as she pointed at the corsage on the bear's wrist. Seulgi shook her head and laughed.

 

“No~ Come with me?” She offered out a hand for Wendy who looked at her curiously before accepting it and walking beside Seulgi with hands intertwined. Joy and Irene were looking curiously but teasingly at the approaching figure of their friend and said friend’s ultimate crush. “One moment.” Seulgi said as she went to her seat and grabbed the box beside her purse and walking back to Wendy.

 

“What’s that?” the ethereal beauty asked as she gave Seulgi this adorable look that the latter can’t help but feel her mind and heart exploding.

 

“U-uh--” Seulgi can’t utter another word without the fear of sounding stupid so she just opened the box. Wendy gasped, inside the box was a blue rose corsage surrounded by baby’s breath and swarovski crystals being the bracelet holding the flowers. It’s the almost the same replica as Seulgi’s.

 

“I-I can’t..” Wendy whispered as she pushed the box away. Seulgi scrunched her eyebrows in distressed.

 

“It’s okay. You can have it.”


“No. That’s just too much! Why do you even have two anyway?”

 

“....I..dd..one...lly...you….” Seulgi whispered. Wendy had to strain her ears.

 

“Excuse me, what?” the bear took a deep breath.

 

“I said, I ordered this one specially for you.” Seulgi and Wendy stared at each other in silence for a while before Seulgi spoke up, “It.. it was just on impulse. When I saw it, I immediately thought of you and… and… I wasn’t really planning on bringing it today but I don’t know, I just had the gut feeling to just bring it.I guess my intuition was right...  so this corsage is technically yours.” Seulgi rambled as she shakily got the beautiful flower out of the box and grabbing Wendy’s hands and quickly clipping the bracelet shut. Wendy was blushing beet red at this point and had coughed to try and compose herself.

 

“T-thank you...”

 

“Don’t mention it. I better bring you back to your friends before they go hunt me down.” Seulgi joked and Wendy can’t help but laugh at how adorable this bear is.

 


 

Ten songs have passed, Joy and Irene had danced with a lot of people already while Seulgi remains evasive at anyone who even tries to ask her. She’s been having an internal battle with herself about asking Wendy to dance or not.

 

“Just ask her to dance already, good lord!” Joy had exclaimed as she looked at Seulgi’s constipated expression in disgust.

 

“What if she doesn’t want to?”

 

“She’s been holding to your stupid bouquet since you gave it to her, completely ignoring the dozens more beside her, not to mention, she’s been turning down everyone who asks her for a dance… kinda like what you’re doing.” Joy stated as she glared at her dumb friend.

 

“What if she’s just saying no because she doesn’t want to dance?”

 

“You’re an idiot.” Seulgi glared at Joy. Irene returned from dancing with their friend Seohyun and sat down beside the bear smiling widely.

 

“Seulgi, I need you to calm down okay?” she said.

 

“Why?”

 

“Because Wendy’s coming.” Irene announced and Seulgi’s cute eyes turned into saucers and she began hyperventilating. Irene rolled her eyes and Joy wanted to slap Seulgi.

 

“Hey, Seul?” Wendy called out as she patted the hyperventilating bear’s shoulder. Seulgi turned around and Joy and Irene swore they’ve never seen their slow dumb friend compose herself that fast, not to mention the sudden charismatic smile and look that she’s donning that’s taking Wendy’s breath away.

 

“Yes, Wan?” Seulgi asked, giving her best smile at her crush.

 

“W-w-would you like to dance with me?” and it’s like a choir suddenly began singing some hallelujah song in the bear’s mind.

 

“I love you.” There was a moment of silence between the four people who heard what the wide-eyed Seulgi had just blurted out.

 

“W-what?” Wendy was blushing hard.

 

“I mean, I’d love to.” the bear corrected herself, blushing the same shade as the hamster, mentally scolding herself before quickly standing up and walking with Wendy at the dance floor.

 

It was awkward as first, both are not sure where to place their hands nor how to move to the slow music. Seulgi had coughed and placed her hands shakily on Wendy’s waist while the latter wrapped her hands around the bear’s neck and slowly but surely they had found the right rhythm to move  to the music. Brown eyes meeting brown and suddenly it was like they're the only people in the entire universe, the lights acting as their stars, the music becoming just a distant sound and all they can hear and all they see are each other.

 


 

“Do you want something to drink?” Seulgi asked after a few hours of dancing, talking, and laughing with each other

 

“Yes, that would be great.”

 

“Okay, you can sit back down and I’ll go get us drinks.” Seulgi grinned as she began making her way towards the punch bowl but was a bit stunned when soft hands suddenly intertwined with hers.

 

“I’ll go with you.”

 

“O-okay.” The bear stuttered out as they went in front of the refreshments table where there laid an assortment of drinks for them to choose from.

 

“Wow… uhm.. what would you like to drink?” Wendy asked a bit overwhelmed by the choices. Seulgi looked like she’s contemplating.

 

“Hmm, not sure yet.. what would you drink?”

 

“I’ll think I’m going to try this strawberry one.” Wendy pointed at the container with red juice and floating strawberries on top. Seulgi nodded and quickly got a glass and handed it to her crush. Wendy gave her this beautiful smile that dazed the bear before drinking the juice.

 

“How is it?”

 

“Delicious!~” Wendy beamed, “You want to try?” She asked as she offered the cup to Seulgi. The latter, still dazed, stared at Wendy for a few seconds before nodding and leaning in, giving Wendy a soft but firm kiss on the lips, her tongue darting out and Wendy’s bottom lip before pulling away and her own lips.

 

“I...I like you..” Wendy’s face is as red as the juice she’s drinking and it became even more redder when she heard these words come out from Seulgi’s oh-so-kissable lips.

 

“.............I know.” Wendy grinned confidently as she leaned it to give Seulgi a kiss but the latter pulled away in shock.

 

“You knew?!! How?? Did Joy tell you?? I swear I will chokeslam that frog-” Seulgi stopped when she felt Wendy cup her cheeks and heard her beautiful twinkling laughter that is melodious than everything she has ever heard in her life.

 

“It was a bit obvious, Seul. You were always so cute and fun to be around.”

 

“If you knew… why didn’t you say anything?!” Seulgi can’t believe this.

 

“It was kinda fun seeing you act so shy and cute whenever I initiate skinship~” Wendy giggled and Seulgi scoffed.

 

“Ohmygod.”

 

“I was going to ask you to be my girlfriend later but I think you beat me to it.” Seulgi’s eyes were wide.

 

“I-I didn’t a-ask!”

 

“Oh?” Wendy paused, scrunching her brows and pouting a bit, “What was that kiss then?” and Seulgi had turned red once again. The hamster laughed once more before pulling Seulgi in and giving her a kiss. “Wanna be my girlfriend, Seul?”

 

“Y-yes.” And Wendy beamed before squealing and pulling Seulgi in for a hug.

 

“Gosh, finally! We’ve been waiting forever for you two to get together! Irene unnie had stared getting white hairs from the wait!” Joy suddenly appeared out of nowhere startling the two lovers.

 

“YAH! PARK SOOYOUNG! What did you just say?!”

 

“Oops, gotta go! Bye guys, congrats!” and with that Joy had sprinted away from a fuming Irene who had tried to throw a chair at the youngest.

 

 


A/N: Hello, it's me~~
I'm just here to say that if you want to suggest some AU's please feel free to do so and I'll try my best to write them~
you can also metion me on twitter-- @ironbunneh with AU ideas :D or whatever you want,yes?
Till next time~ Bunneh out~