Demigods I

Cotton Candy

It was funny….in a really sarcastic way as to why they were stuck here, hands tied up--literally--and body hanging down, a big pot like reeeeaaalllyyyy big that it could fit ten people or demigods, is a few feet underneath them with simmering water and a few...are those actually vegetables? She shook her head as she looked at her friends also tied up beside her.

The farthest one to her was too beautiful for words, even in this situation, Irene had managed to look like she was posing for a photoshoot. It was unfair to look that great while in distress but she guesses that that’s one of the perks for being the daughter of Aphrodite.

Next to their eldest is Joy looking like she’s doing some sort of dance step using her hands but that’s how she’s always been--tinkering--being the daughter of Hephaestus and all. She was talking--whispering-- to Irene, I guess trying to calm the eldest down with words and it seemed to work as the smaller one had smiled (It looks like there’s a spotlight on Irene’s face) at Joy. Those two have been acting weird since summer.

On her left side is her--a sigh--bestfriend. Her cutie patootie best friend that looks like a bear, ears sticking out from the tangles of hair strewn across her shoulders. Ah, yes, the only daughter of Poseidon, looking stressed as her cute little eyes squinted and looked around in hopes of finding a way out and trying to calm the panic-stricken face of the girl beside her. She rolled her eyes.

This specific girl--a huff of irritation-- is the reason why they’re here in the first place. She tried her best to not roll her eyes when she saw the pouty face she’s giving her Seulgi and the want to pull the latter closer to her and smack her up straight the head for actually blushing at a time like this. UGHHH! Doesn’t she know that this..this girl named Beyonce is the reason they’re about to be eaten by giants?! She groaned remembering the stupid prophecy last summer before the oracle of delphi went back to sleeping.

 


 

It was just supposed to be a normal summer day at camp half-blood. The Aphrodite children are learning basic defense skills with the Ares’ children, the Hephaestus kids are tinkering away to make the best armor that can blend in the human world even though they really don’t need that because the mist covers everything supernatural but Wendy guesses they’re doing it for the challenge. And here she is, inside the counselor's cabin, her plans and calculations about the new and improved designs for the cabins laid out in front of them on the desk. Joy beside her discussing the technicalities of building it and suggesting adding some sort of dungeon because why not, right? Irene beside their youngest, hands on her palm, looking interested about the dungeons, a crown of flowers in her head given to her by a forest nymph named Yeri and looking even more beautiful than she already is. On her right side is her bestfriend, Seulgi, smiling at her, hand gently placed on her lower back as a gesture of support. She smiled back, ignoring Joy at her attempt of trying to get a dungeon built under every cabin, when the temperature of air suddenly turned cold, fog clouded around them, and suddenly someone came out of the shadows making Irene and her scream so loud, hiding behind  the tallest girls.

 

“I am the spirit of Delphi, speaker of the prophecies of Phoebus Apollo, slayer of the mighty Python.” the woman had spoke, eyes turned white, and the four of them had froze.

 

Where the blue meets the earth the four will find

Skin of chocolate with a tone so bright

If they turn west beware of a friend’s voice

The daughter of Athena lies a choice

Two pairs of hearts are at stake

If the third pair continues to ache.


 

The oracle finished, the fog coming back in her body. Then she blinked and the white of her eyes had returned to the normal brown ones. There was a moment of blank stares given by her to them before her eyebrow furrowed in the middle.


“Did I just?”


“You just told us a prophecy, Jessica.” Irene mumbled, still hiding behind Joy and peeking her head just a bit to see the oracle who had scrunched her nose in irritation.

 

“AISH! APOLLO!!! I THOUGHT WE TALKED ABOUT ONLY GIVING PROPHECIES WHEN I’M AWAKE AND NOT WHILE I’M SLEEPING!!! OHMYGODS!!!” Jessica screamed as she marched back upstairs followed by a loud crashing of doors and an even louder “KWON YURI!” being shouted. The four looked at each other.

 

“Do you think that prophecy’s for us?” Joy asked.

 

“Hmmm, it can be for anyone… we better tell head counselor Taeyeon.” Seulgi commented, already spinning around to do the deed.

 

After telling Taeyeon about what they just heard from the oracle and getting the assurance the it can be anyone from camp, they headed back to their own cabins to pack. It was actually the last day for them since school’s going to be starting in a week. Back to being the weirdo bunch yet again.. Well at least they can be weirdos together.

 


 

 

Being back to school is not something Wendy ever looked forward too. Yes she might be a daughter of Athena and wisdom and learning is some of her top priorities but being in a school where the students and even some of the teachers think you are the most stupid human being on their class not to mention your dyslexic abilities because your brain is hardwired for greek and not this jumble of letters they call the alphabet makes her just want to home study. But then again, if she did that then she wouldn’t have been able to meet Seulgi, one of the three persons who’s like her in this school--a demigod.

“Have I ever told you how I’m so thankful you came into my life?” she asked, earning her a giggle from the bearlike girl.

“Almost every day since the first week we met.” the older one answered and she had to grin.

“Well, I am.”

“How come you never told me how thankful you are for me?” Joy asked, plopping down on the seat in front of Wendy and setting her lunch tray of...not-so-edible food down, looking disgusted at the sight and just starting moving her hands again to tinker.

“.....I do….?” Wendy kind of defended herself.

“Don’t bother with her, Joy. I’m thankful I met you.” Irene had commented, cheeks turning a bit pink as she settled beside Joy, a tray of fresh greens, fruits, yogurt, and--freshly squeezed strawberry juice. Wendy rose her eyebrows at that comment. Okay??

“How come you get such nice lunch?” Seulgi asked, pouting, grabbing an apple slice and chewing on it. Irene shrugged.

 

“The lunch lady has the hots for her maybe because they’re the same age” Joy commented, rolling her eyes and taking some of the fruits on Irene’s tray who has pushed the food in the middle for them to share while smacking Joy’s head in the process.

 

“Then don’t eat the food!” Irene glared back and Joy gave her a smile that says ‘nah, you can’t resist me’ which earned her an eye roll.

“I don’t know whether to pity you or be jealous of you.” Wendy deadpanned, grabbing Seulgi’s hand holding a piece of tangerine and pulling it towards her own mouth. Irene rolled her eyes.

“Just be thankful we can at least have some edible food for lunch because of that.”

“Okay, okay, thanks, I guess.” Wendy mumbled, shrugging her shoulders and rolling her eyes at the boys and girls saying hi to the eldest. You know, she once bribed Irene into dressing to school in a garbage bag but that only backfired when flocks of students asked the eldest which designer released that, and she quotes, ‘stunning black tunic dress’. She rolled her eyes at the memory before tuning back into what Seulgi was saying.


“Mom said that the beach will be opened this saturday, we can go there and have fun!”


“Your mom’s the lifeguard, right?” Joy asked and Seulgi nodded enthusiastically.


“Are you sure it’s safe for us? To be there, I mean.” Irene inquired, looking a bit unsure.


“Well, I think it is?” Seulgi answered, looking at Wendy for her opinion.


“We are as the monsters call, walking yummy food, but I don’t think they’ll attempt something in a crowded place… so I guess we’re safe.” Wendy grinned earning her a side hug from Seulgi and she blushed.


“YAY!~ It’s settled then~”


“I’ll pick you guys up then.” Irene instructed, already whipping out her phone to schedule the driver for that specific day. Having a famous model for a father has its perks.


“Alright! Wendy you can sleep over at my house, if you want? Mom won’t mind since you’re already her second daughter~” Seulgi cooed and she can’t help but agree.

 



Friday came by without a hitch and Wendy is in Seulgi’s room, reading a book written by the ever so famous Annabeth Chase-Jackson entitled, Daedalus’s plans: What’s great and what’s greater, while Seulgi’s groaning and tugging on her shirt.


“What is it?” She hummed, eyes still scanning the computations that A.C-J. made.


“Give me attention.”


“I’m reading.”


“For the past 3 hours you’re here.”


“Hmmm” and silence once again. She barely felt the bed shift  before Seulgi jumped onto her horizontally, the book dropping from her hands and Seulgi squirming above her. She laughed.


“Seulgiiiiiiiiii~~~”


“Wendyyyyyyy~~~”


“Seulgiiiiiiiiiii~~~ I was reading!”


“And now you’re not!~” the bear looked up at her, grinning and she can’t help but grin herself.


“C’mon, let’s make dinner. Your mom said she won’t be home till late because of the preparations she’s making for the beach.”


“Okay okay~~” Seulgi wiggled out from above her and pulled her hands, automatically intertwining their fingers, “You’re cooking tho.”

 



It was a happy Saturday on the beach, Irene had picked them up earlier together with Joy who had slept at the older one’s mansion which Wendy rose her eyebrows at, because as far as she knows, her two friends have had some sort of love-hate relationship and Joy would rather be sleeping over at Seulgi’s than at Irene’s. The two usually fight like an old married couple whenever they’re alone together, so this information kinda weirded her out, but all is well in the world when Seulgi pulled her to the waters.

“S-Seul! I can’t swim!” Wendy looked a bit scared being pulled deeper and deeper into the ocean and soon enough she had to jump to keep her head afloat. To be honest, she has this huge fear of water and being drowned. Give it to her to be having feelings for the daughter of Poseidon.

WAIT, WHAT?

Wow, water must really be getting on her head without even getting under it yet. She shook her head and Seulgi grinned.

“Trust me~ Hold your breath and dive in with me?” Wendy looked skeptic for a bit but Seulgi just smiled some more before submerging her cute little head underwater. She panicked until she felt the small tug on her hands before she herself held her breath and submerged her head in the water, ice close shut. “Open your eyes~” Seulgi instructed and there was a moment of resistance within her but she felt the taller one’s hands on each side of her waist, calming her down and obliging to the request.

She had to blink thrice at the view surrounding her, letting out a breath before panicking then looking curious because she can breathe under water. She looked around and saw an air bubble formed around her head and Seulgi grinning at her.


“Percy told me that I can make air bubbles for people to be able to breathe underwater.” Seul’s eyes were like the pearls of the ocean with the way they were shining in happiness and Wendy had to take a moment to catch her breath. Since when did her best friend become this beautiful.  “I just wanted to show it to you~ C’mon, let’s swim back to the others before Joy concludes that I drowned you.” She laughed, feeling more at ease as Seulgi guided her back to the shallow part of the water.

They were walking back to their two friends who were arguing about sunblock and Joy’s swimsuit being too revealing when Seulgi was knocked off of her feet, a girl toppling on top of her, and Wendy looking shocked before helping her friend and the girl sand up.

 

“Are you okay, Seul?”

 

“Y-yeah… Are you okay, miss?” Seulgi asked, holding the girl on top of her on the shoulders. The girl in question had a panicked looking face and scared brown eyes which made Seulgi’s face even more serious. “Miss, are you okay? Are you hurt?”


“N-no. I..I..”


“What is it miss?”


“I was walking around that rock over there when I saw the.. There’s something wrong with their face!”


“What?” Irene and Joy were beside them now, asking the question.


“What did they look like?”


“Y-you won’t believe me if I told you.”


“Oh, trust us, we’ve seen more stranger things.” Joy’s eyes were wide.


“They look-- There they are!” the girl whispered, hiding her face on Seulgi’s neck. Wendy suddenly didn’t like this girl. The four of them looked at where the girl pointed. They saw two women with literally flaming hairs, red eyes, and fangs, walking not too far from them among the crowds of unsuspecting humans.


“Empusai!” whispered Seulgi in panic, looking to the other three and motioning them to move towards the office where her mom is. “Miss, come with us, we’ll make sure you’re safe.” and the five of them hurried towards the little shack where they closed the doors in a haste startling Seulgi’s mother inside.


“S-seul!”


“Sorry mom, demigod emergency!” Mrs. Kang’s eyes widened as she looked at her daughter in worry before nodding her head.


“How can she see them?” Irene began asking.


“Maybe she’s one of us too?” Joy commented.


“W-what do you mean one of us?” the girl asked, looking a little bit lost. Her skin was a beautiful brown and her voice was clear and bright although a bit shaky.


“Uhm… you see… those girls you saw are called empusai and only non-humans can see them…” Wendy tried to explain which only made the girl look more scared than ever.


“N-non humans?? What do you mean?! What are you?! Is this a joke?” came the bombarding questions. Seulgi looked back from the window, eyes panic-stricken as she looked at her friends.


“We do not have the proper equipment to kill them.” Joy mumbled.


“K-kill!!” the girl exclaimed once again and Irene hushed her.


“Do you want them to find us here?! Stay quiet!” Seulgi walked on over to the girl.


“My name is Seulgi. Kang Seulgi.” the bear smiled and that seems to easen the fear in the girl’s eyes.


“My name’s Beyonce. Beyonce P. Ringles.” Irene had to elbow both Joy and Wendy to not laugh at the absurdity of the name.


“Nice to meet you, Beyonce.” Seulgi grinned before continuing, “That’s Wendy, Irene, and Joy, they’re my friends. I know it’s hard to trust us now but those girls over there that you saw are called empusai and they’re coming this way, most probably because they can smell us. Four..” she paused, looking at Beyonce, “or five demigods cramped in one space will smell, you know. We need to run.”


“W-what?”


“We have to deliver you to camp half-blood. You’re going to be safe there. We can’t protect you here.” Seulgi’s eyes filled with nothing but worry and honesty and Beyonce finally relaxed and gave a small smile, holding onto Seulgi’s hands. Oh, Wendy definitely doesn’t like this girl.


“O-okay.”


“Great, here’s the plan. Mom, I have to go back to camp, can you inform Wendy’s parents and the others?” Mrs. Kang nodded. “Alright, thanks mom. Next, since it’ll be hard to mask our scent when travelling, we’ll travel via water.”


“Do you have a boat?” Beyonce asked, cocking her head to the side and Seulgi grinned.


“Nope. We’re going swimming.” If anyone doesn't know what Seulgi could do, they would look at the bear the way Beyonce P. Ringles is looking at her now---face screaming 'YOU ARE CRAZY!!!'


“Alright, then what?” Wendy asked.


“The trip back to camp is more or less three days, so we have to stop somewhere to buy clothes, eat and sleep.”


“Don’t worry about that, I’ll handle the expenses.” Irene nodded her head.


“Joy can you build us something to protect ourselves? We don’t have any armor or weapons with us.” Seulgi asked.


“We have to stop by a hardware store first but yeah I can definitely do that.”


“Alright, on three, I’ll create a huge wave and we take that time to run and jump into the water. I think those two empusai are here for Beyonce so we should keep an eye on her. News about unclaimed demigods travels fast as we all know.” Seulgi turned to her mom and hugged her, “I’ll send you mail when I get to camp.”


“Alright, be careful.”


“You too, mom.” one more squeeze before Seulgi turned around on the door, opened it and whispered, “Three.” and like that, a huge wave appeared and covered most of the beach, coming and going quickly along with the five girls who had immediately dived into the wave.

 



A/N: Hellooooooo
This will be cut into two parts because it's getting too long to only be a oneshot. I'll post the other half maybe reallllly late later or tomorrow~

If you are a Pjo fan like me then you would know all the crazy happening...If not, google is your friend *winks*

This story has been a request by one of my fave wenseul shipper~~