If

Cotton Candy

The members often say that Seulgi is the slowest out of all five of them and even the bear had sometimes agreed on this statement. So imagine her shock at how fast she figured out about her feelings for the best baker in their dorm. Seulgi thinks it really wasn’t that hard since she spent her quiet time either sleeping or dwelling on her thoughts. Don’t get her wrong, it’s not like she has woken up one day and said “Holy jelly belly! I’m in love with Wendy.” No, it never happened like that. It’s more like a slow and steady pace. She often compares it to drawing-- starting out with undefinable lines and continuing until you get this finished sketch of the beauty you wanted to draw and with those lines finally making sense and being part of the whole piece. Yes, Wendy is that beautiful piece of art for Seulgi.

 

“You’re staring again.” Joy whispered as she sat down beside the bear. They were in the practice room and having their well-deserved break from dancing non-stop. Seulgi had been staring at Wendy’s laughing face for quite some time now. The hamster had been teasing their unnie about something and the older one’s reaction had made Wendy laugh, with her right eye closing when she’s extremely happy.

 

“Hmm?” Seulgi finally looked beside her to see Joy shaking her head in amusement, missing the quick glance that Wendy gave.

 

“One day, Wendy unnie will turn into a puddle because you melted her with that gaze of yours.” Joy whispered and Seulgi had bumped shoulders with the tallest.

 

“Shut up~” she laughed. Joy had been the first one to notice things after Seulgi realized her feelings for Wendy and being Joy, she had confronted the bear. Seulgi not being able to lie for the life of her, had just dumbly admitted it and asked the younger one to keep it a secret.

 

“Aigoooo, my dumbdumb unnie is so in love~~” Joy teased as she ruffled Seulgi’s hair. The latter had glared playfully at their once maknae and slapped the hand away.

 

“Who’s in love with who?” Wendy suddenly asked as she sat down on Seulgi’s left side, looking at the two expectantly.

 

“Unnie~” Joy sing-songed as she pointed to Seulgi who blushed and stuttered.

 

“I-i-i-’m n-not!” the bear had turned even more redder and Joy looked like she’s having the time of her life. Wendy raised a questioning eyebrow.

 

“You’re in love? With who?” she asked. Seulgi quickly stood up and announced the end of break. Joy laughed and Wendy had stared at the younger one, “who is Seulgi in love with?”

 

“I promised not to tell anyone. Sorry, unnie~” Joy winked before standing up leaving Wendy confused and eyebrows furrowed.



 


 

 

If you asked Seulgi to describe Wendy, she would immediately answer “sunshine!” because Wendy is warmth for Seulgi. She’s the light and everything pure and beautiful in the world.

 

“Who are you in love with?” Wendy asked as she placed down the ingredients she’s going to use for making cookies  in front of Seulgi on their kitchen counter. Seulgi had been quietly watching Wendy get the things earlier and almost choked when she was asked that question.

 

“I-I’m not!” she denied.

 

“Stare me in the eye and say that again without stuttering.”

 

“I-I can’t.” Seulgi looked away and Wendy huffed.

 

“Why don’t you want to tell meeee?~~” Wendy whined and Seulgi had tried her best to not just confess there and then.

 

“I just… I can’t spell it out for you, Seungwan.”

 

“.................... can I at least guess?” and Seulgi laughed at that suggestion.

 

“Can I eat the cookie dough?” she asked back already knowing the answer.

 

“..............................................................Seul……..”

 

“.....Wan...” she mocked which earned her a glare from her sunshine.

 

“You can eat a teaspoon of cookie dough IF you let me guess who you’re in love with.”Seulgi had raised an eyebrow, not really the answer she was expecting, “.......I’ll give you half the batch of these cookies too.” the bear is mentally screaming now,

 

COOKIES!!! COOKIES!!! COOOOOKIIIIIEEESSSS!!!!!!!!

 

and before she could think about things, she had blurted a ‘yes’ to the now grinning hamster.

 

“Can I get a clue?”

 

“Hmmmmmm, always by that person’s side.” Seulgi answered already looking hungrily at the ingredients that Wendy’s stirring.

“What?”

 

“Stir more faster, Seungwan. I want my dough.” the bear demanded. Wendy had almost, almost, smacked Seulgi with the baking spatula but kept her cool and instead she blurted out names.

 

“Is it… Jonghyun oppa? Minho oppa? Key oppa? Changmin oppa?”

 

“No, no, no, and no.” Seulgi had readied a spoon for the now almost finished dough.

 

“I said teaspoon, Seulgi.” The bear gave her a smile she can’t say no to before grabbing the spoon and scooping up a good amount of dough and handing it back to the happy bear. She continued on spewing out random names from people in their companies while baking but Seulgi had only answered all of them with a ‘no’ before thanking her and walking out happily with a dozen cookies on her arms.


 


 

 

If you asked Seulgi to describe how Wendy makes her feel, she’ll answer with ‘coloring book’ because Seulgi’s life has mostly been black and white-- go to school, go to training, then go back home. Repeat cycle. That is up until she met Wendy. The girl had one by one added different shades of color in Seulgi’s  black and white world until everything she sees, everything she feels are so colorful, she needs to take a breath to savour it all in.

 

“Your brain’s somewhere else again.” Taeyeon had commented as Seulgi’s hand stopped moving. The older girl had called Seulgi to hang out in one of their practice rooms because she knows how fond the younger one is at art and Taeyeon had wanted to color her books with someone who appreciates them. Seulgi blinked once before looking at Taeyeon and giving a sheepish smile.

 

“Sorry, unnie.” Taeyeon laughed.

 

“Thinking about Wendy again, huh?” Seulgi blushed and nodded her head. Taeyeon was the second person to notice. Having a keen eye for things like this. She had asked Seulgi to meet her privately after one of their performances and advised her dongsaeng about topics involving the matters of the heart. Being in a relationship with Tiffany herself, she thinks that Seulgi will need every bit of advice she could get.

 

“She’s been blurting out every male name she could think of.... She had asked me if I was in love with Sungjae and I swear, if Joy hadn’t known my feelings for Wendy, I would be in my deathbed right now!” Seulgi huffed and Taeyeon gave her hearty ahjumma laugh.

 

“She doesn’t even realize it’s her.” Taeyeon commented once her laughter had died down to giggles.

 

“Sometimes I think she feels the same way with how she would be sweet and caring with me but then she also does it to Yeri, Joy, and Irene unnie, and my thoughts of that are vanquished.” Taeyeon had gave her this small smile before rubbing her head affectionately.

 

“Oh, Seul~ Everything will be alright.” Taeyeon said as she pulled Seulgi for a hug.

 

“If she could only feel the same way...”

 

 


 

 

If you asked Seulgi the meaning behind how she looks at Wendy as of this moment, she would answer with “Irritated.” The first few weeks of Wendy blurting out random guy name’s had suddenly ended and for some odd enough reason, the younger one had pestered Seulgi almost 24/7 nonstop about the wrongness of  being in love with someone taken and in a relationship and had given her advice on how to move on and “why don’t you just date someone free?” to which the bear answered with an eye roll.

 

“Seriously, Seul. You know being in love with a person who’s in love with someone will only hurt you in the end.” Wendy had whispered as they were heading out of their dorm for a schedule. Seulgi stayed quiet. It’s better to stay quiet when one is feeling pissed and the one causing this certain negative emotion continues on babbling. They had entered the van and Seulgi would usually have been thrilled to be seating next to Wendy but this time the bear had taken the seat next to Joy and Yeri and Wendy had given her this confused look before she placed her earphones on both her ears and looking away, a cue for everyone to not disturb her.

 

Seulgi had been quiet the whole time of their schedule and had been beside Joy most of it while Wendy was with Irene and giving her worried looks once in awhile.

 

“She’s staring again. Ugh. Are you sure you didn’t tell her anything?” Seulgi whispered-asked and Joy had grinned at her like she just said something sweet before answering,

 

“For the hundredth time, unnie, No. Shouldn’t you be happy that she’s giving you attention?”

 

“Not this type of attention.” Seulgi answered back with a smile, remembering very well that there are cameras recording her every move and facial expression.

 

“You should just ask her.” Joy patted the bear’s face affectionately before giving her attention to Yeri.

 

The girls all went home exhausted and too tired to even function but Seulgi had asked their manager to drop her off at the SNSD dorm because Taeyeon had needed her help for some emergency and she couldn’t say no to the cute kid leader and Wendy had glared at her and given her this disapproving look.

 

“You don’t have to go there. I know you’re tired. I’m sure Taeyeon unnie will understand.” The hamster had whispered as she held Seulgi’s wrist.

 

“I’m okay. Besides, Taeyeon unnie needs help and I already said yes to her. I’ll just be quick.” the bear assured as she gently pried Wendy’s hand away from her wrist and exited the van.

 

 



 

If Seulgi feels anything right now, it would be shock. Shocked at what she’s seeing and hearing.

 

“Taeyeon sunbaenim. I respect you and all but you should be ashamed of yourself. Taking advantage of Seulgi like this.” Wendy had glared at the kid leader as she went in front of Seulgi in a protective stance.

 

“Mwo?!” Taeyeon had exclaimed, looking with wide eyes at Wendy. Five minutes ago, when Seulgi had entered the snsd dorm, she was met with Taeyeon trying to place a star on top of their huge christmas tree-- A surprise she’s setting up for Tiffany--even when she’s stepping on a stool, she still can’t reach it. Seulgi had laughed when she saw this and quickly got the star from her small unnie and placed it on top of the tree. Taeyeon had grinned at her and was so happy that she gave Seulgi a hug, the stool slipping under her foot, and both of them screaming as they fell down on the floor with Seulgi underneath. That’s when Wendy entered the dorm and seen the scene in front of her. The youngest had quickly pushed Taeyeon off of the groaning bear--harshly-- and pulled Seulgi up and quickly went in front of her in a protective stance.

 

“I can’t believe you would do this.” Wendy accused. Taeyeon looked like she was choking and Seulgi had looked so distressed about everything that’s happening.

 

“Wan, it’s not what you’re thinking.” She had tried to mutter only for Wendy to huff irritatedly.

 

“Don’t you dare try to justify her acts towards you, Seulgi!”

 

“Look, Wendy, I don’t know what you’re talking about. Seulgi and I are just decorating the tree when we accidentally fell down-”

 

“Typical lies.”

 

“Wendy, Taeyeon unnie is telling the truth! What are you doing here anyway?!”

 

“I thought that maybe Taeyeon sunbaenim would like another helping hand. Around a block from here, I asked Shosho unnie to stop the car and when I came in she was on top of you!” Seulgi sighed and looked at Taeyeon.

 

“I’m sorry for all the trouble, unnie. I think we should go for now.” Seulgi was about to walk towards Taeyeon for a hug when Wendy had pulled her back harshly and glaring at her. Seulgi had rose one eyebrow, “You should also apologize to Taeyeon unnie.”

 

“............”

 

“Just go, Seul.” Taeyeon sighed and Seulgi had frowned and gave the older one a low and respectful bow.

 

“I’m sorry again, unnie.” and with that she turned around and walked out followed by Wendy who gave Taeyeon one last glare.

 

“She’s so in love she doesn’t even realize it.” Taeyeon shook her head and quickly called Tiffany.


 



 

If you asked Seulgi what she wants to do right now, she would answer with “scream into her pillow.” but she’s just staying quiet as Wendy fussed over her while they were walking back to their dorm.

 

“You shouldn’t see her anymore, Seul. You know it’s wrong. Just looked at what happened today! She almost took advantage of you! I am not going to take my eyes off of you until I’m sure that you’re not going back to that damn pla-”

 

“WHY DO YOU CARE SO MUCH?!” Seulgi had had it and Wendy looks taken aback from the always smiling bear shouting at her but quickly recovered and her face remained serious.

 

“You’re my friend, of course I care about you.” Seulgi had stared at the person she’s in love with for a whole minute before walking again which Wendy took as a sign to continue. “Please Seul, don’t see her again. She’s not worth it. She’s doesn’t deserve you.”

 

“Taeyeon unnie and I don’t have that kind of relationship.” Seulgi uttered, not looking at Seungwan.

 

“but-”

 

“The person I love is not Taeyeon unnie. That’s what you think, right?” Seulgi glanced at Wendy who was looking at her intently and nodded her head. “Well, you’re wrong. I’ve just gotten proof that the person I love doesn’t feel the same way. I hoped she’ll meet me half-way but it never happened.”

 

“.............”

 

“You should apologize to Taeyeon unnie, okay? I’ll go with you tomorrow.” Seulgi gave Wendy a small smile as they reached their dorm.

 

“.............okay.”



 

If you asked Seulgi how she feels at this moment, she wouldn’t be able to answer you. Why? It’s because here she is being trapped between the wall and Wendy with the latter’s lips on her own. They had just entered their quiet dorm--their three members are probably in dreamland by now-- when the younger one had suddenly pulled her and pushed her to the wall.

 

“You can have me, Seul. Forget that person you love and love me instead.” Wendy whispered once they broke the kiss. Wendy’s body still pressed against Seulgi and the latter breathing raggedly.

 

“Wan...” Seulgi whispered and Wendy cut her off with another kiss.

 

“I’m always here. I’ve always been here beside you.”

 

“I know.” The two stared at each other’s eyes before Seulgi gave her trademark bear smile and placed her arm around Seungwan’s waist and pulled her in even more closer.

 

“I thought you didn’t feel the same.”

 

“What?”

 

“The person I’m in love with is you. It’s always been you.” Seulgi admitted and Wendy blinked once before she smiled and leaned in once again to give the bear a kiss.